Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

VAR has to go

Read 46313 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: VAR has to go
      Reply #391: Aug 13, 2021 09:46:44 pm
      How many times....... Its not V.A.R., ITS THE MUPPETS OPERATING IT.

Is that to the same tune as "his name's not Keano, it's Robbie Keane?"
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #392: Dec 19, 2021 07:25:53 pm
      I suppose the one good thing about VAR is that it does remove any doubt about whether officials are biased or not. I mean, there is no other explanation for today's decisions to call the ref back over Andy Robertson's foul, but not over Harry Kane's leg breaker.

And then there's the total weirdness of nobody being able to see the massive foul on Jota in the box. Paul Tierney had a great view of it, and Chris Kavanagh in VAR land had as many views as he wanted. Absolutely laughable. They should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute after that performance today.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #393: Dec 20, 2021 12:11:00 pm
      Anyone bother watching tgat gimp gallagher on sky this morning? I didnt, wonder how he wormed around the fact yesterday was a clusterfuck by the ref
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #394: Dec 20, 2021 01:35:39 pm
      If they're as thick as each other it doesn't really matter whether you have another set of eyes and as many camera angles as you like.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #395: Dec 20, 2021 08:33:08 pm
      Anyone bother watching tgat gimp gallagher on sky this morning? I didnt, wonder how he wormed around the fact yesterday was a clusterfuck by the ref

Yep, he basically said it was sh*t reffing but he understood why " low foot bullshit"  on the Kane mong challenge
      However on the Jota peno he quoted  "I think it was a penalty. When I was a boy, I was taught as a forward to get in front of the defender and that's what he's done. Somebody said yesterday that it wasn't given because he stopped, but surely you're easing up to get your balance to strike the ball"

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #396: Dec 20, 2021 08:37:07 pm
      Yep, he basically said it was sh*t reffing but he understood why " low foot bullshit"  on the Kane mong challenge
      However on the Jota peno he quoted  "I think it was a penalty. When I was a boy, I was taught as a forward to get in front of the defender and that's what he's done. Somebody said yesterday that it wasn't given because he stopped, but surely you're easing up to get your balance to strike the ball"

The thing is Diogo never stopped, he slowed to protect the ball and steady himself to shoot. Ive never heard such a crazy excuse given
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #397: Dec 20, 2021 09:36:50 pm
      The thing is Diogo never stopped, he slowed to protect the ball and steady himself to shoot. Ive never heard such a crazy excuse given

You can't make this stuff up, oh wait the premier league's finest can
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #398: Dec 20, 2021 09:38:35 pm
      Referring from the Italian league in the seventys
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #399: Dec 20, 2021 09:50:20 pm
      Referring from the Italian league in the seventys

No var back then, so we all know how easy they had it
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #400: Dec 26, 2021 03:18:51 pm
      So that tw*t Tierney is on var for the shitty v Leicester game & instructs the ref to go to the monitor for a very debatable peno F***ing diabolical excuse of a human being
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #401: Dec 26, 2021 03:21:14 pm
      Funny how his name sounds so much like Tyranny, corrupt as F**k that guy and you can’t tell me otherwise.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #402: Dec 26, 2021 06:21:06 pm
      So that tw*t Tierney is on var for the shitty v Leicester game & instructs the ref to go to the monitor for a very debatable peno f**king diabolical excuse of a human being

One arsehole along with Moss Twatkinson etc
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #403: Dec 26, 2021 09:20:26 pm
      Why was that tw*t Tierny on var.?

Surely he should have been suspended already 🤷‍♂️

F***ing criminal this.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #404: Aug 19, 2022 03:06:04 pm

Manc intentionally raises hand. Manc slaps opponent in face. Mancs put ball in net. Mayhem. Uproar. Farcical. How dare a ref disallow a goal by the mancs. Does he know who they are?  :f_steam:

Of course it's a clearcut foul. It actually looks worse at full speed, than what the ref saw. Given he was already on a yellow, he was lucky to stay on the pitch imo. Lazar Markovic was getting sent off for it against Basle at home years ago, long before VAR was available. Last year the VAR was taking those decisions directly. Now the ref uses VAR to see the incident for himself and make his own mind up. He was labelled a "biased manc" here, for giving the penalty in the derby. I don't think so after this.

Refreshed one of your quotes on McTominay / Son when United played Spurs.

The answer you'll get is it was checked for a straight red card offence. Technically you could justify it as violent conduct, but I think it would be harsh to give a red card and a 3 game ban for that tbh. And if it was given, you would have the same people whinging that the game's gone soft.

One thing we noticed last week is the lack of knee taking before games, for the first time since the virus hit. Surprisingly enough, not doing it is returning to normality at games, not the imminent breakdown of society that it has been made out to be. One wonders if the England team will insist that it still has to be done before every game. 

Another thing we've noticed this season is the amount of injury time in games. With the extra subs rule, 5 minutes added on at the end will be standard, before you consider time wasting, injuries, VAR reviews etc. So 7-8 minutes could be normal, rather than the exception.   

:lmao:

Last in the table when we face them next, aka every other team in the league is ahead of them.

Setting new records every week....

You look/sound like a Cnut every time you post  :f_doh:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #405: Aug 21, 2022 06:56:21 pm
      You can refresh it as many times as you like, but you don't understand the rules, you don't understand VAR, and you admit that yourself, so you're not going to win this argument no matter how often you post it up. And in any case, most of your mob should have bigger things to worry about these days, than a footnote in a game that didn't affect it's outcome, 2 seasons ago.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #406: Jan 14, 2023 02:33:35 pm
      How is Marcus Rashford not "in the play" for that first United goal today? He's run 5-10 yards with the ball between his feet even though he doesn't touch it. Then at the last Bruno comes in and strikes it. How does that not impact the City goalkeeper there?

And if that is correct, how does VAR not see it?

tytusgroan
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 511 posts | 50 
      Reply #407: Jan 14, 2023 03:55:47 pm
      How is Marcus Rashford not "in the play" for that first United goal today? He's run 5-10 yards with the ball between his feet even though he doesn't touch it. Then at the last Bruno comes in and strikes it. How does that not impact the City goalkeeper there?

They change the rules every other fuckn week
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #408: Feb 21, 2023 11:06:29 am
      Quote from Robby The Z

VAR did see it, but as the goal was valid, he had nothing to do about it.

Still can't understand how that goal is not offside, but a player standing in front of a keeper minding his own business in a crowded goalmouth, is offside. But that's the law as it stands.

VAR had to go to Morocco for the latest version revealed to the world. The refs mics were turned on after using their monitor, so they could announce their decision to everyone in the stadium, at the Club World Cup. The communication itself amounts to only one sentence, but it's one sentence more than what we get atm. Expect it to be the norm at a ground near you soon.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #409: Mar 19, 2023 12:24:12 pm
      Another stupid VAR penalty decision in Sheff U Brighton game. Ball hits arm/hand of Sheff U defender, only about a yard away. Ref doesn't give it so stupid VAR ref sends Ref to TV screen...then he gives it.

VAR was supposed to make the game fairer but in a lot of cases it does the exact opposite.

I've now decided to boycott the FA Cup as it's now a farce...now watching an exciting repeat of Bargain Hunt....
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2023 12:31:25 pm by Harrisimo »
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #410: Mar 19, 2023 12:46:49 pm
      VAR won’t work fully until you take out all human aspect.
      Once a robot analysis it it will be programmed to always make the same decision.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #411: Mar 19, 2023 12:47:21 pm
      Another stupid VAR penalty decision in Sheff U Brighton game. Ball hits arm/hand of Sheff U defender, only about a yard away. Ref doesn't give it so stupid VAR ref sends Ref to TV screen...then he gives it.

VAR was supposed to make the game fairer but in a lot of cases it does the exact opposite.

I've now decided to boycott the FA Cup as it's now a farce...now watching an exciting repeat of Bargain Hunt....

Bargain hunt is similar to our transfer policy.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #412: Mar 19, 2023 01:20:54 pm
      Var the worst thing to happen in football in my lifetime fckin hate the system
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #413: Mar 20, 2023 08:28:23 am
      United V Fulham. VAR sends ref Kavanagh to TV monitor when should just told ref to change decision ans send Willian off. Fulham then lose the plot and Mitrovic pushes ref and will get a huge ban.

Obviously the comparison with Fernandes will be made. Why didn't VAR tell the Ref Fernandes had pushed the Ass Ref and red card him....mmmm...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOpryk5aE_8&ab_channel=SkySportsPremierLeague

Quick Reply