Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NOW you're gonna believe...Where We Go From Here

Read 4607 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: NOW you're gonna believe...Where We Go From Here
      Reply #23: Oct 18, 2020 05:21:25 pm
      I think the aim is the title really. Realistically now top 3 though. Aim for the sky and all that. We will concede lots of goals from crosses with players bullying Gomez l, corners will now be a big problem again as they were before Virgil came in.

Also I'd expect Trent and Robbo to stay back a little more to help the centre halves out a little. Basically a few more goals against and a few less goals for.

The keeper situation is not nice but perhaps we can wing that for a month. Van Dijk for the season? That's a killer really.

Lots to play for but yesterday was a total car crash in the end. Feel worse than after Villa about it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #24: Oct 18, 2020 06:01:35 pm
      Adrian in Goals, Matip and Gomez centre halves, Gini in midfield. Trust in your players. We're not in dire straits just yet. VD, Tiago ans Allison are big loses, but we still have a team better than most.

This is exactly true but no way now we have the best team now. Well on for top 4 but a league title shot not for me.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #25: Oct 18, 2020 06:34:01 pm
      If Thiago is out maybe it’s time to try a Hendo and Fabinho with Bobby in front in the CAM role?

Rather give shaq a game tbh, just don't see klopp going there with gini and keira around
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #26: Oct 18, 2020 06:37:19 pm
      With Virgil out Fabinho effectively becomes our third CB, until further notice, hopefully Thiago stays fit but we have plenty of options in midfield.

I still think we are a very very good side, even with Adrian in goal and Virgil off we beat a v good Everton, if not for a bullshit VAR call.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #27: Oct 18, 2020 06:41:28 pm
      No one's running away with the league this year so we will definitely have a chance to repeat but need Alisson back promptly and get Adrian the F**k out of the net. Not sure if we can sign anyone on a free at the moment but for sure we will be getting defensive reinforcements in January. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28: Oct 18, 2020 07:50:53 pm
      This really isn't about lineups and transfers. There are plenty of threads to debate that.

The question before is what will the team's mentality be (AND, what mindset will the supporters have). The battle is going to be fierce - are we up to it despite some difficult setbacks?

Let's show some fight and get behind the team we have. It isn't changing betweeen now and January and probably not then either.

UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #29: Oct 18, 2020 08:11:58 pm
      It will be difficult with VVD. Maybe we can get a centre back in January. We will see.
      But we have won champions leagues with worse teams than the one we have now. Traore. Smicer. Baros. None of them would get anywhere near our team.
      And leagues have been won with far worse teams than ours. Leicester being one. United had many seasons of finishing above teams with better squads.
      We can still have a successful season.

Our fixtures in the league until January are reasonable.
      Sheff Utd (H)
      West Ham (H)
      Man City (A)
      Leicester (H)
      Brighton (A)
      Wolves (H)
      Fulham (A)
      Tottenham (H)
      Palace (A)
      WBA (H)
      Newcastle (A)

I think 7 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats would still leave us in a good position.
      So I’m not giving up yet!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #30: Oct 18, 2020 08:46:51 pm
      This will rally the troops. I think every member of our squad will be fully focused on every game ahead now, not that they would be unfocused, but their is a chance that some llayers go into some games at 90% but with VVD season ended as it has I think Jürgen will use that to get 100% level from every player in the dressing room...

That man has been epic for us...imagine what the other players think of him, the respect they would have for him.....They will be determined to do it for him...starting Wednesday in his homeland
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #31: Oct 18, 2020 08:49:54 pm
      Is Billy (billy the kid) close to coming to the first team, heard he really impressed Klopp during pre-season. Looks like a big kid, only 18 I think.
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #32: Oct 18, 2020 08:55:59 pm
      Is Billy (billy the kid) close to coming to the first team, heard he really impressed Klopp during pre-season. Looks like a big kid, only 18 I think.

Wouldn't of thought so unless no other option FA cup maybe
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Oct 18, 2020 10:05:34 pm

Haven't seen him in the first team training videos lately and he didn't play with the U23s or the U18s yesterday, so he may be injured as well. Rhys Williams is next in line I believe.

Nat Phillips is also still in the squad. He's 24 and played a season at Stuttgart.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #34: Oct 18, 2020 10:19:34 pm
      I’m thinking it will be Joe and Matip until one gets injured, then Fsb will drop back and Rhys Williams will be on the bench.
      The rest as usual as long as Thiago makes it.
      Hendo Fab and Thiago
      Or Gini for Thiago if he’s still sore !
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #35: Oct 18, 2020 10:26:16 pm
      I’m thinking it will be Joe and Matip until one gets injured, then Fsb will drop back and Rhys Williams will be on the bench.
      The rest as usual as long as Thiago makes it.
      Hendo Fab and Thiago
      Or Gini for Thiago if he’s still sore !

yeah i'm hoping no news (compared to Virgil) is good news where Thiago is concerned.

If so, when you look back at that tackle Thiago is a very lucky boy indeed. Totally reckless and maybe even premeditated on Richarlison's part. He was even angry at our team afterward for some reason. Awful.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #36: Oct 18, 2020 10:41:04 pm
      yeah i'm hoping no news (compared to Virgil) is good news where Thiago is concerned.

If so, when you look back at that tackle Thiago is a very lucky boy indeed. Totally reckless and maybe even premeditated on Richarlison's part. He was even angry at our team afterward for some reason. Awful.

Still laugh that James was telling Oliver to go to var about it
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #37: Oct 18, 2020 11:04:50 pm
      There’s no window dressing this unfortunately. It’s been a dreadful couple of weeks. A shell shock of a defeat vs Villa, screwed by VAR and just lost our most important game player (by far) for the season. Makes it tougher that it has happened not long after the window has shut and you have to question the decision not to bolster at CB with Lovren leaving the club. Maybe I’ll feel more positive but right now I feel pretty low.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Oct 19, 2020 12:01:00 am
      Massive blow. Just got to regroup and knuckle down.Those who play at the back will need to stand up and be counted. Going to be much harder than last season obviously. VVD made it all work at the back. Sick.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #39: Oct 20, 2020 11:12:55 am
      If it wasn't for the injury records of Joe and Joel then I wouldn't really be too concerned, but as it is we need to do two things, one is to get Nat Phillips of Rhys Williams into the first team setup as 4th choice CB and also get them playing some minutes here and there.
      The other question is whether to have Fabinho as back up or to start playing him as CB until further notice alongside whoever is available from Joe or Joel. He'll be a loss to the midfield but I think Hendo, Gini and Thiago can compensate well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #40: Oct 20, 2020 12:17:40 pm
      If it wasn't for the injury records of Joe and Joel then I wouldn't really be too concerned, but as it is we need to do two things, one is to get Nat Phillips of Rhys Williams into the first team setup as 4th choice CB and also get them playing some minutes here and there.
      The other question is whether to have Fabinho as back up or to start playing him as CB until further notice alongside whoever is available from Joe or Joel. He'll be a loss to the midfield but I think Hendo, Gini and Thiago can compensate well.

For me I think we have to go with Gomez and Matip with one of the young players on the bench and try and get them some minutes to ease them into first team football more.

Quick Reply