Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

NOW you're gonna believe...Where We Go From Here

Read 4608 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      NOW you're gonna believe...Where We Go From Here
      Oct 18, 2020 08:37:08 am
      I work overnights in the States and have been thinking about the game for the past 18 hours (After thinking off and on for a week beforehand).

I'm trying to get over just being mad about everything, but it's difficult. We definitely were screwed, hosed, ripped off big time. It was like a pro wrestling screwjob only there's not a script everyone is following.

Then you have the fact that our world class defender and maybe our world class midfielder are facing long-term injuries, with our world class goalkeeper already out. It's like what happened to Mo in Kiev, only it keeps happening.

You know it's bad when even Jürgen is grinding his teeth about it. He rightfully said how wrong it is, from a personal conduct perspective AND from a system perspective (VAR).

All of this is true, but now we have a season to play and trophies to win. That we were wronged today will not help us to win things. We have to move on and in the words of our uniform sponsors: Just Do It.

The team played some great football today and in every way deserved to win against the league leaders. We created chances and controlled proceedings for a good 70 minutes of the match. We had a goalkeeping error and a defending error, but at times our football was breathtaking. I especially liked how we dug deep after they had equalized and created a winner (which was then stolen from us). And that is where we must go from here. we've been screwed but we will now show the heart and mentality of champions. Players will step up into the spaces vacated by the injured, and we will be in a much different kind of title fight this year.

It will be a famous win, for different reasons from last season.
      « Last Edit: Oct 18, 2020 07:40:34 pm by Robby The Z »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: NOW you're gonna believe...Where We Go From Here
      Reply #1: Oct 18, 2020 09:51:23 am
      Each player must redouble their efforts in every game, compensating for our injury woes. Only time will tell over the coming months and games, whether the squad is strong enough to hang on to being champions. It will be a huge test for the strength and depth of our squad of players. We should be ok after all we are Liverpool !
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #2: Oct 18, 2020 10:11:03 am
      Yesterday a game changer if the rumours are true with VVD. Your just not the same side ( IMO) without him.  Amazing how one player can change things in a club due to how special he is. He's just the complete package.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3: Oct 18, 2020 10:39:32 am
      Yesterday a game changer if the rumours are true with VVD. Your just not the same side ( IMO) without him.  Amazing how one player can change things in a club due to how special he is. He's just the complete package.

We've been leaking goals with him too the last few weeks but he's a massive loss as he is a leader on the pitch which is especially important when Hendo isn't playing.

We won't be the same but we have the quality and the best manager to adapt to this situation. We will need to sign a CB in January though if his injury is long term which will be tricky.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #4: Oct 18, 2020 10:45:09 am

We won't be the same but we have the quality and the best manager to adapt to this situation. We will need to sign a CB in January though if his injury is long term which will be tricky.

As you know a few teams in for a top CB including ourselves so every chance we will go head to head in the January window. However, know how our lot perform in transfer windows you'll get there before us anyway.  :f_doh:
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #5: Oct 18, 2020 11:26:28 am
      We have achieved our long term goal. We have arrived. Time to relax.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #6: Oct 18, 2020 11:26:35 am
      Amsterdam
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #7: Oct 18, 2020 11:29:44 am
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #8: Oct 18, 2020 11:33:17 am
      Adrian in Goals, Matip and Gomez centre halves, Gini in midfield. Trust in your players. We're not in dire straits just yet. VD, Tiago ans Allison are big loses, but we still have a team better than most.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #9: Oct 18, 2020 11:53:58 am
      Have to remember we dominated WITHOUT Virgil so while we all know we'll miss him we have to remain positive. We do have a problem with the high ball in the area without VVD and Gomez and Matip have to step up their game.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #10: Oct 18, 2020 11:59:13 am
      Have to remember we dominated WITHOUT Virgil so while we all know we'll miss him we have to remain positive. We do have a problem with the high ball in the area without VVD and Gomez and Matip have to step up their game.

I agree, let’s expect to concede a lot more but let’s throw the kitchen sink at everyone and F***ing out score them, 2017 style
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #11: Oct 18, 2020 12:01:32 pm
      Need Ali back sharpish . Quite clearly going to be a massive loss but Joe and Joel need to step up to the plate until Jan when pretty sure a signing would be made probably  a loan . Can Matip stay fit until Jan would be very surprised which would mean disruption to midfield which makes Thiagos signing even more crucial when people where questioning whether we needed another midfielder
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #12: Oct 18, 2020 03:30:40 pm
      It puts us in a real bind depth wise with such a busy schedule coming up. Not just is Van Dijk a fantastic player, he is out there basically every single game and now we are down to 2 fragile CB's (Matip / Gomez) as our starters and only Fabinho as an experienced option.

With 4 games in the next week and a half it will be a really hard test for our defense. Doesn't help that we need to go into every game knowing we need to score at least 2 goals to win since Adrian will have his daily gaffe. He truly is an horrible goalie.

Expecting the likely news of long-term absence by VVD i imagine we will be busy working on deals for the January window. Not sure if there are any free agents out there that we could sign as depth stop gap.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #13: Oct 18, 2020 03:46:23 pm
      I love Klopp to bits but I'm really not happy with him keeping Adrian at the club. Adrian was worth a gamble and he did alright at the start of last season but he pretty much cost us our European title last year we'd have only needed to win 3 games for number 7 after covid and league was sewn up, Karius made a big error in a big game and never played competitively for us again the same should have happened with Adrian.
      Look, I'm not enjoying ripping into people but the guy isn't good enough for LFC it's not his fault but it is Jurgens tbh.
      Peor Reina just went to Lazio as back up, Asmir Begovic was back at Milan last year, Jesus surely we should have better back up, it's costing us and will continue costing us big time.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #14: Oct 18, 2020 03:53:13 pm
      I love Klopp to bits but I'm really not happy with him keeping Adrian at the club. Adrian was worth a gamble and he did alright at the start of last season but he pretty much cost us our European title last year we'd have only needed to win 3 games for number 7 after covid and league was sewn up, Karius made a big error in a big game and never played competitively for us again the same should have happened with Adrian.
      Look, I'm not enjoying ripping into people but the guy isn't good enough for LFC it's not his fault but it is Jurgens tbh.
      Peor Reina just went to Lazio as back up, Asmir Begovic was back at Milan last year, Jesus surely we should have better back up, it's costing us and will continue costing us big time.

Agree on Adrian. Not sure what the love is with him that he gets to stay with the team. When's the last time we had a starting/backup goalie this bad?

Ripping Migs and Karius was/is the cool thing to do, but neither of them was as bad as Adrian has been after his initial cinderella story.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #15: Oct 18, 2020 04:18:10 pm
      Just posted it in the Firmino thread but I think it’s time to move Bobby into midfield, and give Jota the CF role.

He’ll track back, not give the opposition a second on the ball, and has a telepathic connection with Mane and Salah now, and I believe he has the ability to ping some decent passes down to them.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #16: Oct 18, 2020 04:23:33 pm
      Just posted it in the Firmino thread but I think it’s time to move Bobby into midfield, and give Jota the CF role.

He’ll track back, not give the opposition a second on the ball, and has a telepathic connection with Mane and Salah now, and I believe he has the ability to ping some decent passes down to them.

Maybe mate we could try Bobby a bit deeper but I think Keita or Minamino are better options in this position.

For me Bobby needs to be dropped for a couple of games as he doesn't look up to it right now.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #17: Oct 18, 2020 04:26:02 pm
      Agree on Adrian. Not sure what the love is with him that he gets to stay with the team. When's the last time we had a starting/backup goalie this bad?

Ripping Migs and Karius was/is the cool thing to do, but neither of them was as bad as Adrian has been after his initial cinderella story.

Karius and Mignolet are equally as sh*t as Adrian.

We should have signed Butland in the Summer he's far better than all of them as a backup.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #18: Oct 18, 2020 04:32:27 pm
      Karius and Mignolet are equally as sh*t as Adrian.

We should have signed Butland in the Summer he's far better than all of them as a backup.

Obviously haven't Buckland play for a while
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #19: Oct 18, 2020 04:33:01 pm

Midfield instead of who ?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #20: Oct 18, 2020 04:43:57 pm
      If Thiago is out maybe it’s time to try a Hendo and Fabinho with Bobby in front in the CAM role?
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #21: Oct 18, 2020 04:45:54 pm
      Maybe mate we could try Bobby a bit deeper but I think Keita or Minamino are better options in this position.

For me Bobby needs to be dropped for a couple of games as he doesn't look up to it right now.
      Yeah I agree but I think now would be a good time to give it a try, maybe even for 30 mins at the end of games... I’d love to see how he would be there and there’s only one way to find out I guess.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #22: Oct 18, 2020 05:05:47 pm
      We should have signed “whoever is at the top of his game right now” because Adrian is “no longer at the top of his game.”

Quick Reply