Trending Topics

Next match: Atletico v LFC [Champions League] Tue 19th Oct @ 8:00 pm
      Estadio Metropolitano, Madrid

Today is the 19th of October and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D11 L7

European Super League - Liverpool amongst 12 clubs to join

Read 17753 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,471 posts | 572 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Re: European Super League - Liverpool amongst 12 clubs to join
      Reply #900: Sep 21, 2021 08:11:31 am
      But even those spots are based on performance, just over a longer window of time. The other thing teams were in perpetually, with no requirement for  earning merit going forward.

I don't understand how they landed on 36 teams, and how that translates to a 10-match group stage. Also, where are the additional dates going to come from in the calendar?

To answer the last question I think there is less qualifiers, so squeezed in more group games.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,011 posts | 401 
      Reply #901: Sep 21, 2021 08:34:35 am
      I think it is simply another way of trying to make more and more money, rather than improve the competition !
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,604 posts | 3566 
      Reply #902: Sep 21, 2021 10:17:06 am
      The obvious conclusion can only be the whole fiasco was a money making exercise devised by our entrepreneurial owners who know f**k all about "soccer".

The football league as we know it is acknowledged as being the best in the world so why change anything?
      The vast majority are against the ill-thought out concept of a "super league" but the few who favour it are supporters of FSG - very much food for thought.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,334 posts | 1210 
      Reply #903: Sep 21, 2021 02:17:35 pm
      The obvious conclusion can only be the whole fiasco was a money making exercise devised by our entrepreneurial owners who know f**k all about "soccer".

The football league as we know it is acknowledged as being the best in the world so why change anything?
      The vast majority are against the ill-thought out concept of a "super league" but the few who favour it are supporters of FSG - very much food for thought.

This is UEFA making the changes 🤷‍♂️ And it’s about the CL

And I don’t recall anyone in “favour” of a Super League

Quick Reply