Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

European Super League - Liverpool amongst 12 clubs to join

Read 33529 times
      blacknamberred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Re: European Super League - Liverpool amongst 12 clubs to join
      Reply #782: Apr 20, 2021 08:45:46 pm
      That’s the thing right there isn’t it? FSG and the owners do this appalling turd, walk away having lost nothing, and the clubs, fans, players and staff have to live with the stink.

Owners do not = the club!

Exactly.  The owners have too much control in the game.  I really hope that if UEFA still choose to fine the relevant teams, then they change their way of confronting this issue and fine the owners personally. 
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #783: Apr 20, 2021 08:46:34 pm
      Great to see the fall out but it makes you wonder where this energy is for the Qatar World Cup situation.

There’s not too much us fans can do but pundits and clubs who are taking the moral high ground now are happy to stay quiet around a much more serious issue.

Co-ordinated channel change for the adverts. Mass agreement not to buy the products of anybody that sponsors it. Fifa would be fu**ed. We could force all kinds of changes on them. Fans have the power if they want to have it. Just need a bit of imagination and, what's really lacking (and not just among football fans), a bit of solidarity.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #784: Apr 20, 2021 08:48:42 pm
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,047 posts | 339 
      Reply #785: Apr 20, 2021 08:50:42 pm
      Co-ordinated channel change for the adverts. Mass agreement not to buy the products of anybody that sponsors it. Fifa would be fu**ed. We could force all kinds of changes on them. Fans have the power if they want to have it. Just need a bit of imagination and, what's really lacking (and not just among football fans), a bit of solidarity.

For once it’s time fans of all clubs see that ‘there’s more that unites than divides us.’  We now have a common foe.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,114 posts | 83 
      Reply #786: Apr 20, 2021 08:51:04 pm
      This just feels like a victory, but it isn't one. Those UEFAs, FSGs, Raiolas, Sheikhs, Coutinhos are still there, raping our game. We need to strip those top clubs from their top money to make the competition fairer.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #787: Apr 20, 2021 08:53:22 pm
      Perhaps UEFA will now see some rich clubs have to much clout and make the playing field a bit more level, oh they did when they tried to punish City
      « Last Edit: Apr 20, 2021 08:58:41 pm by tezmac »
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #788: Apr 20, 2021 08:54:16 pm
      I'll be honest.  I started following LFC in 1998, and we haven't been terribly successful for any real stretch of that 20+ years.  During that time, I have never, ever wanted to achieve success in the way that Chelsea and City have.  It just feels cheap (actually ridiculously expensive) and undeserved to me.  I don't see how fans of those clubs can actually enjoy it if I'm honest. 

We won our title last year (and the CL win the year befor) the hard way -- the right way.  Sure we bought some big money players in the build up, but it wasn't done with the owners billions, it was with money the club has generated and a group of players and manager who found a way to become bigger and better than the sum of its parts. 

More than valid opinion too, I can't disagree. United have been lucky due to massive fan base along with 75,000 fans so will obviously have more money than most for transfers. I know Chavs and especially City have been accused of being plastic fans and rightly so. That can't be said for United and Liverpool.

Problem being all though your morals are 100% correct, do you really want to do it the hard/right way again and wait another 30 years to win the holy grail again knowing you spent so little money and wait for another Klopp to come along to guide you in the right path?

I've been about a bit longer than you  ;D  and went through the same as what you have from 1998 onwards  in the early 70/80s so know how it feels.  :(

Like I said though I do agree with your morals.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #789: Apr 20, 2021 09:02:27 pm
      Wouldn’t surprise me if Henry and Co claim they had no intention of joining the super league and that the official statement on the website was the result of a mass hacking crime.

I hope we, and united, get sent to league two: banned from Europe for a few years and fined heavily.

You want the club to be ruined, why???
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #790: Apr 20, 2021 09:09:00 pm
      Perhaps UEFA will now see some rich clubs have to much clout and make the playing field a bit more level, oh they did when they tried to punish City

They won't. They'll pander to them even more to make sure they won't even think about going it alone again.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #791: Apr 20, 2021 09:11:12 pm
      You want the club to be ruined, why???

Start again. Make it a proper club.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,976 posts | 2709 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #792: Apr 20, 2021 09:11:20 pm
      Wouldn’t surprise me if Henry and Co claim they had no intention of joining the super league and that the official statement on the website was the result of a mass hacking crime.

I hope we, and united, get sent to league two: banned from Europe for a few years and fined heavily.

Impossible for them not to have known, they would of gone public before super league announcement was made. Granted United and Liverpool appear to be the instigators but all six clubs need to be reprimanded in such a way or form. However, not so sure about being demoted to Div 2 though.  ;D
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,000 posts | 223 
      Reply #793: Apr 20, 2021 09:12:48 pm
      I've backed FSG for the most part believing they were running the club responsibly.

But Henry and co. can go f**k themselves politely after their crude attempt to sell the soul of our club to the highest bidder.

Cu*ts.

I’m a bit worried if they turn around now say Fvk you and start shipping money out and stop investing in transfers and stadium rebuild????
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #794: Apr 20, 2021 09:12:49 pm
      I just wish it was fairer.
      Guard Iola said earlier it’s not competition if success of guaranteed. Yet he spends trillions on transfers and wages to guarantee it. Only by finishing with a freaky 99 points could we win. It’s not right.
      The relegated parachute payments isn’t right.
      FFP has failed.
      It’s so expensive to watch.

I’m totally detached from it. I have been for years really. Its all very obscene now.

Point very well made

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #795: Apr 20, 2021 09:13:25 pm
      Great to see the fall out but it makes you wonder where this energy is for the Qatar World Cup situation.

There’s not too much us fans can do but pundits and clubs who are taking the moral high ground now are happy to stay quiet around a much more serious issue.

What’s wrong with Qatar having the WC..?

Human rights...?

Where were you on your soap box defending the immigrant workers & their conditions before the WC was handed to Qatar....

Just say Arabs should host the competition & it should be exclusive to the Western countries..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #796: Apr 20, 2021 09:15:58 pm
      Start again. Make it a proper club.

Is there not some non-league club you could go and support, I quite like Liverpool how it is, although this Super League was badly thought through, it seems that the major objection is the non relegation of founding members, but is this not very similar to many other leagues, especially US ones, including MLS so shut up Beckham, and more recently the IPL for Cricket.

In any case this has served as a major shot across the bows of UEFA, I expect concessions will be made to the top clubs.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #797: Apr 20, 2021 09:17:52 pm

Human rights...?

Where were you on your soap box defending the immigrant workers & their conditions before the WC was handed to Qatar....

Just say Arabs should host the competition & it should be exclusive to the Western countries..

I said at the time that Qatar should not have been awarded the world cup and I still say it, Qatar has an appalling human rights record.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #798: Apr 20, 2021 09:20:40 pm

Human rights...?

Many people have said that the World Cup shouldn’t have gone to Qatar
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #799: Apr 20, 2021 09:24:02 pm
      Is there not some non-league club you could go and support, I quite like Liverpool how it is, although this Super League was badly thought through, it seems that the major objection is the non relegation of founding members, but is this not very similar to many other leagues, especially US ones, including MLS so shut up Beckham, and more recently the IPL for Cricket.

In any case this has served as a major shot across the bows of UEFA, I expect concessions will be made to the top clubs.

I could support a non league club I suppose.
      But that’s not the point.
      The point is my club, the club we all support on this site (except for Keith) is run by greedy parasites. The league we play in is nothing but greedy and both of them do nothing but rip fans off. Constantly. There is no community club here. There is no working mans club here. This is a corporate owned franchise.
      When I first supported them, many moons ago, it was not like that.
      If it was I probably would have avoided the sport.

When I look at the semi finalists of the champions league and see PSG, Chelsea and Man City it makes me sick. Not with jealousy but with disgust.

I know those days are long gone, I’m not a fool. But you can’t choose who you fall in love with. Liverpool FC now is not even a shadow of what it used to stand for. It’s like a dirty imposter.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1221 
      Reply #800: Apr 20, 2021 09:24:25 pm

I tend to agree. As much as market norms have crowded out traditional sporting values in the last 30 years or so, if enough people take action it’s always possible to effect change as it all ultimately still depends on the mass appeal of the game and the broadcasting and commercial revenues it generates.

If the issue is particularly toxic it’s quite easy through the power of social media to create a gathering momentum of voices opposed to a particular project — especially where reputation matters as indeed it does for sponsors and other commercial partners.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #801: Apr 20, 2021 09:24:47 pm
      I said at the time that Qatar should not have been awarded the world cup and I still say it, Qatar has an appalling human rights record.

But your happy to take their Dinar investments in England...🙄

Hypocrite...

Many people have said that the World Cup shouldn’t have gone to Qatar

Why...?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #802: Apr 20, 2021 09:26:03 pm
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #803: Apr 20, 2021 09:26:32 pm
      Mancs with paper thin apology around Woodward who was always leaving but let's announce it now to look like we have done something and avoid some backlash  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #804: Apr 20, 2021 09:26:54 pm

Quick Reply