Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

European Super League - Liverpool amongst 12 clubs to join

Read 32915 times
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Re: European Super League - Liverpool amongst 12 clubs to join
      Reply #828: Apr 20, 2021 09:51:51 pm
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #829: Apr 20, 2021 09:52:49 pm
      The fact that we have heard from the lads before the owners speaks volumes.  The players know what the fans deserve . . . obviously the owners don't.  As I've said before, the owners just want to line their pockets . . . this should not be tolerated.  The whole point of Fagan, Shankly, Paisley etc building our massive history was not for a pair of billionaire ignorants to come along and throw it all down the drain to put us in a shambles of a competition.  This goes for all the other English sides that have had a huge, trophy-winning history.  The fact that FSG wanted to do this and risk our history makes me feel sick and full of hatred towards them. 

The sooner they're out of our club the better.

You'll Never Walk Alone

Many on here have been stating this for years. It’s really quite obvious why we don’t compete on a financial level note this has come out. Various excuses have been made by owners and certain fans alike regarding our lack of spending when deemed necessary, but the bottom line is lining pockets.

harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #830: Apr 20, 2021 09:59:14 pm
      I read one good tweet -- Jose Mourinho will be the only manager ever fired from a team in the ESL.  Special indeed 🤣
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #831: Apr 20, 2021 10:03:09 pm
      Loving the collective statement from the lads but also found this statement from De Bruyne which I found very classy.

https://twitter.com/DeBruyneKev/status/1384572733653229572

Well, now is the time for all those hypocrites to enhance their social standing by scripted messages about "how they love the game and the competition". Yeah, of course Kevin, you love it, but I guess if City would ask for a 50% pay cut you would not love it anymore, would u?
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 317 posts | 80 
      Reply #832: Apr 20, 2021 10:04:57 pm
      Does spending 200 million in the transfer market yearly and then suiting up against the minnows of the PL whose wages are probably 10-15% of the Manchester teams' wages constitute "competing" ?

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #833: Apr 20, 2021 10:05:05 pm
      Gary and Jamie on sky sports straight after the chav match. Will make great viewing  :lmao:
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #834: Apr 20, 2021 10:05:23 pm
      I'm not a fan of all these players coming out with comments when it's over. We needed their strongest objection while it was a live prospect. Seems a bit cowardly to speak out now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #835: Apr 20, 2021 10:07:42 pm
      I'm not a fan of all these players coming out with comments when it's over. We needed their strongest objection while it was a live prospect. Seems a bit cowardly to speak out now.

Yeah it's easy to say after. Fortunately Gary and Jamie got their hand in first so credit to both of them.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #836: Apr 20, 2021 10:07:46 pm
      The fact that we have heard from the lads before the owners speaks volumes.  The players know what the fans deserve . . . obviously the owners don't.  As I've said before, the owners just want to line their pockets . . . this should not be tolerated.  The whole point of Fagan, Shankly, Paisley etc building our massive history was not for a pair of billionaire ignorants to come along and throw it all down the drain to put us in a shambles of a competition.  This goes for all the other English sides that have had a huge, trophy-winning history.  The fact that FSG wanted to do this and risk our history makes me feel sick and full of hatred towards them. 

The sooner they're out of our club the better.

You'll Never Walk Alone

You follow the wrong sport if you expect owners not to be in it to increase their wealth. Maybe try cricket? WNBA?

When FSG sell Liverpool the next big guy will come in with the exact same view: an investment.

L4.19Times
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 149 
      Reply #837: Apr 20, 2021 10:08:20 pm
      Well, now is the time for all those hypocrites to enhance their social standing by scripted messages about "how they love the game and the competition". Yeah, of course Kevin, you love it, but I guess if City would ask for a 50% pay cut you would not love it anymore, would u?

Would you take a 50% pay cut from your job?
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #838: Apr 20, 2021 10:09:03 pm

Virtue signaling at its best. And Pep's quotes crack me up, talking about competing when he has spent hundreds of millions in the defensive line alone til he eventually got it right. Yea, competition.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #839: Apr 20, 2021 10:10:57 pm
      What a sorry state of affairs! A big clean up is needed to sort this mess out.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #840: Apr 20, 2021 10:11:24 pm

Does spending 200 million in the transfer market yearly and then suiting up against the minnows of the PL whose wages are probably 10-15% of the Manchester teams' wages constitute "competing" ?

Wow masters bark and the monkeys get a typing!!

Similar type posts it's almost like you're F***ing amateurs at this. We seen it all before with shithouses claiming to be Liverpool fans to spin sh*t for H & G. You're F***ing fooling no one dickheads.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #841: Apr 20, 2021 10:11:53 pm
      Here we go, Jamie and Gary. Sit tight as it's going to get juicy.  :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #842: Apr 20, 2021 10:13:40 pm
      Virtue signaling at its best. And Pep's quotes crack me up, talking about competing when he has spent hundreds of millions in the defensive line alone til he eventually got it right. Yea, competition.

It's also called being a former footballer and probably at heart a supporter!!

CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #843: Apr 20, 2021 10:14:01 pm

Go figure the one team that benefits the most out of this sh*t show is United with Woodward leaving. WTF.
      blacknamberred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #844: Apr 20, 2021 10:14:33 pm
      You follow the wrong sport if you expect owners not to be in it to increase their wealth. Maybe try cricket? WNBA?

When FSG sell Liverpool the next big guy will come in with the exact same view: an investment.

That is exactly what is wrong with football, wouldn't you agree??  Where there's money, there is power and that is wrong.  Why must everything become a business??  We shouldn't tolerate arrogant b*stards treating our club like a guinea pig.  The fans keep the heart of this club beating.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #845: Apr 20, 2021 10:14:37 pm
      https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1384615064028676099

Wow.

Giving what the players did an hour ago, this could get very messy.

Genuinely expected us to withdraw this evening and whilst we will end up doing so I'm sure the fact we are still digging in now is just shocking.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #846: Apr 20, 2021 10:14:41 pm

Chauvin's guilty too!!

The trolls heads will be well up their arses trying to comment on everything
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #847: Apr 20, 2021 10:15:12 pm
      It's also called being a former footballer and probably at heart a supporter!!

Pep is part of the problem with today's football, enabled by UEFA and FIFA turning a blind eye to his spending, of course.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #848: Apr 20, 2021 10:16:01 pm
      Go figure the one team that benefits the most out of this sh*t show is United with Woodward leaving. WTF.

Don't worry you lads will follow. Neville going to blow some steam off for sure.  :lmao:
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #849: Apr 20, 2021 10:16:50 pm
      https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1384615064028676099

Wow.

Giving what the players did an hour ago, this could get very messy.

Genuinely expected us to withdraw this evening and whilst we will end up doing so I'm sure the fact we are still digging in now is just shocking.

No mate I fully expect us to be the ones left holding the baby and to get the full lash of this
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #850: Apr 20, 2021 10:17:57 pm

He was already due to leave soon enough

Quick Reply