Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

European Super League - Liverpool amongst 12 clubs to join

Read 32913 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Re: European Super League - Liverpool amongst 12 clubs to join
      Reply #851: Apr 20, 2021 10:18:31 pm
      No mate I fully expect us to be the ones left holding the baby and to get the full lash of this

Yep. We were definitely one of the ringleaders in this, especially within the English teams.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #852: Apr 20, 2021 10:19:10 pm
      Pep is part of the problem with today's football, enabled by UEFA and FIFA turning a blind eye to his spending, of course.

I wouldn't say Pep is part of the problem.  City could have any manager and would still happily buy their success 🤣
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #853: Apr 20, 2021 10:23:20 pm
      Maybe it’s your xenophobia disguised as a champion of human rights that’s stopping you supporting the WC in Qatar...

It’s not a disguise of anything and making such an accusation is very slanderous actually.

Branding someone xenophobic because they want a country stripped of hosting power due to their human rights issues tells me what sort of person you are anyways.

Maybe you are disguising your own insecurities with such an idiotic argument.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #854: Apr 20, 2021 10:25:55 pm
      You follow the wrong sport if you expect owners not to be in it to increase their wealth. Maybe try cricket? WNBA?

When FSG sell Liverpool the next big guy will come in with the exact same view: an investment.

it depends who the new owners are. I read a great article on BBC couple of years ago, explaining why some billionaire are buying known clubs. There are several reasons for that. First and foremost is the publicity, and somekind of protection. Lets say putin decided he wanted to take all of abromovichs assets in russia. Everybody now knows who that abromovich is, there will be genuine interest from locals and the western media will keep focusing on that news because people will read it. If not for chelsea, then he is another russian and the media will go away because the interest will fade away. The same goes for the arabs, if the royal family gangs up then you are in trouble down there. The other thing is football superstars that you own, can be your influencers for your other ventures.

These clubs are never meant to make money for their owners. They are meant to be in the spotlight, and i personally think that suits us better. How isnt this whole fiasco not sucking the soul of the club but a arab billionaire will do when he spends his money to have us compete for everything?
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #855: Apr 20, 2021 10:28:53 pm
      What an absolute F***ing shambles.
      If the owners sat round a table and tried to find the best way to shoot themselves in both feet, they could not have come up with a better plan.
      But are teams having to pay a fee to use an ejector seat? That must be the ultimate kick in the balls - after doing this purely to make money, they loose some in the process. Along with any credit they had in the bank with fans.
      They might be rich, but they are F***ing halfwits.
      blacknamberred
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #856: Apr 20, 2021 10:29:09 pm
      Yep. We were definitely one of the ringleaders in this, especially within the English teams.

Us, United and Arsenal were the ringleaders . . . now United's vice chairman has thrown his toys out of the pram because he can't get his pay check.  We all know Arsenal chomped at the bit for this opportunity because our league is too strong for their current squad to reach the Europa League, never mind the Champions League!!!   I agree with others on here in saying that we will be the last team to release a statement, leading to us getting the blame as being the main ringleaders. 
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #857: Apr 20, 2021 10:30:37 pm
      It’s not a disguise of anything and making such an accusation is very slanderous actually.

Branding someone xenophobic because they want a country stripped of hosting power due to their human rights issues tells me what sort of person you are anyways.

Maybe you are disguising your own insecurities with such an idiotic argument.

How vocal have you been in supporting the immigrant workers in Qatar before they were voted as the next destination for the WC...?
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #858: Apr 20, 2021 10:37:14 pm
      It cracks me up how the Italian clubs have just been completely silent....  just waiting to see how this all plays out before they do or say anything.  🤣
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #859: Apr 20, 2021 10:39:28 pm
      How vocal have you been in supporting the immigrant workers in Qatar before they were voted as the next destination for the WC...?

Changing your argument because you know you’ve lost. Always an amusing sight and usually a sign of ignorance.

Do you think Qatar should be allowed to host the World Cup? If we’re to revert to the original argument.....
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #860: Apr 20, 2021 10:41:59 pm
      Changing your argument because you know you’ve lost. Always an amusing sight and usually a sign of ignorance.

Do you think Qatar should be allowed to host the World Cup? If we’re to revert to the original argument.....

I’ve lost nothings, it’s you who is fixated with Qatar as WC host..why...? Human rights, if so why weren’t you so vocal on the abuses before they were awarded the WC.. ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #861: Apr 20, 2021 10:44:06 pm

How did you feel about us winning the World Club Championship there?
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #862: Apr 20, 2021 10:47:45 pm
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #863: Apr 20, 2021 10:49:30 pm
      How did you feel about us winning the World Club Championship there?

I didn’t enjoy the competition being held there if that’s what you’re asking me.

How do you feel about Qatar hosting the WC?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #864: Apr 20, 2021 10:51:45 pm
      Pretty much confirmed from LFC. Statement incoming.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #865: Apr 20, 2021 10:53:24 pm
      I wouldn't normally quote Winston Churchill but he did say 'you can always rely on Americans to do the right thing,  after they have explored every other possibility ' here's hoping.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #866: Apr 20, 2021 10:55:14 pm
      I didn’t enjoy the competition being held there if that’s what you’re asking me.

Not arsed, nothing I can do personally to change the hosts. If we're talking human rights should Russia have held the WC. Argentina literally held the competition in 78 which propped up a dictatorship which murdered thousands, so nothing's really changed.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #867: Apr 20, 2021 10:55:39 pm

My impression is that this is being led by Real and Barce who are in dire financial straits. The number of times Perez mentioned it was necessary to ‘save’ football gives cause to think what he really meant was saving Real and Barce from financial oblivion.

Yanks, never being ones to miss out on a good plot to gain a stranglehold on the wealth of the game (or world or really anything else), jumped on the bandwagon.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #868: Apr 20, 2021 10:57:07 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #869: Apr 20, 2021 10:57:12 pm

Im happy that Qatar has the opportunity to host the WC, the first Arab,Muslim country to do so...I’m also happy that the spotlight will be put on the rights of immigrant workers and the abuses they suffer on a daily basis in the Gulf states..

I’m also happy Qatar will have the opportunity to bring in reforms which are part of being a WC host, I’m genuinely happy to see football help bring in these reforms..

Whats your reason for being anti Qatari WC host...?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #870: Apr 20, 2021 10:57:57 pm
      My impression is that this is being led by Real and Barce who are in dire financial straits. The number of times Perez mentioned it was necessary to ‘save’ football gives cause to think what he really meant was saving Real and Barce from financial oblivion. Yanks never being

Real, Man Utd, Us, Barca, Arsenal are up to our necks in it.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #871: Apr 20, 2021 11:05:30 pm
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #872: Jun 09, 2021 05:14:52 pm
      Each of the 'big 6' fined £3.67m, total of £22m by the EPL. Apparently FSG to pay and not the club, any further plan to set up a non-affiliated competition will incur a 30pt deduction and a £25m fine per team.

The punishments were a gesture of good will by the Clubs, looks like a piss take, and possibly a lucky escape.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #873: Jun 09, 2021 06:01:49 pm
      Each of the 'big 6' fined £3.67m, total of £22m by the EPL. Apparently FSG to pay and not the club, any further plan to set up a non-affiliated competition will incur a 30pt deduction and a £25m fine per team.

The punishments were a gesture of good will by the Clubs, looks like a piss take, and possibly a lucky escape.

Think you're right, sounds like the end of it now but certainly won't be forgotten.

Quick Reply