Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Sheffield United (Sat. 24th Oct 8pm)

Read 6578 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: Pre-Match: Walking Wounded vs. Sheffield United (Sat. 24th Oct 8pm)
      Reply #23: Oct 23, 2020 02:23:49 pm
      Personally would keep Fabinho as a centre back until another top Centre half is signed.  In my opinion I would wrap Matip in cotton and wool and only use him in rotation.   Looking back the last couple of season it is dangerous playing him too much at the moment.  A back up is better than none.   He plays a little bit too much we could be very easily be left with Fab and Joe.   I honestly wouldn't give him a run in the team till early December myself.  And only then if we are very serious about buying a top defender.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Oct 23, 2020 02:43:15 pm

Yeah I see that from today's presser. I thought Jürgen had said earlier that Thiago would miss this one. He said Thiago would have to train and then we'll see. Would be a massive plus if he can go, but of course only if it's safe. Much better to wait another match if it provides much more stability going forward.

Shocked at the Ali one. There too, I hope it's not case of taking a risk because of Adrian's performances (and the lack of confidence the defenders seem to have in him - i.e. the look on Gomez's face in the early going vs. Ajax). Jürgen strikes me as sincerely caring about player well-being so I can only trust that he wouldn't put a player, no matter how important, at any health risk.

Also wondering about Jordan Henderson for this one. He made such a difference when he came on vs. Ajax.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #25: Oct 23, 2020 02:57:31 pm

Yeah I see that from today's presser. I thought Jürgen had said earlier that Thiago would miss this one. He said Thiago would have to train and then we'll see. Would be a massive plus if he can go, but of course only if it's safe. Much better to wait another match if it provides much more stability going forward.

Shocked at the Ali one. There too, I hope it's not case of taking a risk because of Adrian's performances (and the lack of confidence the defenders seem to have in him - i.e. the look on Gomez's face in the early going vs. Ajax). Jürgen strikes me as sincerely caring about player well-being so I can only trust that he wouldn't put a player, no matter how important, at any health risk.

Also wondering about Jordan Henderson for this one. He made such a difference when he came on vs. Ajax.

Thought when it said Ali was training last week surely wouldn't be as long as initially expected would imagine maybe midweek more likely . Hoping Thiago makes it
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #26: Oct 23, 2020 03:15:01 pm
      Would be a big bonus to have Thiago and Ali back for this, Matip as well. Not sure I agree on the rotation of the front 3. I imagine the reason Jürgen took off Bobby, Mo and Mane at the hour mark against Ajax was so they were fresh for Saturday.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #27: Oct 23, 2020 04:00:17 pm
      Would be a big bonus to have Thiago and Ali back for this, Matip as well. Not sure I agree on the rotation of the front 3. I imagine the reason Jürgen took off Bobby, Mo and Mane at the hour mark against Ajax was so they were fresh for Saturday.

If I was the maanger I would only drop Firmino and put Jota in as I said in my prediction line up.
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #28: Oct 23, 2020 04:06:49 pm
      If I was the maanger I would only drop Firmino and put Jota in as I said in my prediction line up.

Yep deffo agree looks way off it maybe put him in midweek against the weak links of the group to helpfully gain some momentum and confidence
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. Sheffield United (Sat. 24th Oct 8pm)
      Reply #29: Oct 23, 2020 07:11:03 pm
      We have had a good start to the champions league on paper that was our most difficult game.  Atlanta seem like an attacking side but we have 3 points in the bag which is massive got a feeling that Ajax and Atalanta will both concede points in their double header. 

In the league we have have dropped 5 points in the last 2 games.  Whether we win by an own goal we desperately need the 3 points.  Sheffield was a  good team last season this season they are struggling to score goals that said it is still early stages I don't expect them to go down. 

We need to play our strongest team and get the points. Maybe make changes at the end as the fixtures are coming thick and fast.   There is slog ahead we just need rack wins.   Keep the pressure on our rivals because last season we really knocked the stuffing out of city's confidence, we don't want to give them an injection of confidence.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #30: Oct 23, 2020 08:04:55 pm
      For me I would go with

Adrian
      TAA
      Robertson
      Fabinho
      Gomez

Wijnandum
      Milner
      Henderson

Salah
      Jota
      Mane

I think it’ll be a scrappy, fairly tight game.
      I’m on a roll with predictions atm with my 2-2 Everton guess and saying we would beat Ajax...

So... 2-1 to the reds.

Redangel

• 8,268 posts | 1001 
      Reply #31: Oct 23, 2020 08:33:37 pm
      Going 3-0, I think it’s time we stamped our authority on a game! We need to be on the front foot from the off.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #32: Oct 23, 2020 09:21:35 pm

Henderson is F***ing brilliant and I never thought I would love him so much after that 3-3 with Sevilla years ago. Absolutely superb player and leader.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 2810 
      Reply #33: Oct 23, 2020 09:22:25 pm
      Hendo has to play, feel like our midfield needs one of Fab, Hendo or Thiago in there for that little bit of quality.

Adrian; Trent, Fabinho, Gomez, Robertson; Hendo, Wijnaldum, Keita; Salah, Mane, Jota.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34: Oct 23, 2020 09:44:00 pm
      Why does it have to be about rotation? Does form ever come into it?

Because we have players that need game time and are good enough to come in.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #35: Oct 23, 2020 11:14:50 pm
      Think a 2  0 win against Sheffield United will be a decent result with another clean sheet and more importantly, 3 points for the Reds !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6714 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #36: Oct 24, 2020 12:17:02 am
      What's the weather forecast over there for Match day please Team?
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #37: Oct 24, 2020 03:54:46 am
      We are the better team and we have every motivation, now where VVD's distaster is still fresh in minds. If we don't win this then it raises questions (apart from some freak game where we get a red card in the 5th minute or something along these lines).

I'd give Jota a start over Bobby!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,105 posts | 83 
      Reply #38: Oct 24, 2020 03:58:31 am
      Strongest possible team should play v Sheffield utd, we can rotate in the European game. Id like to see Jota start on Saturday night, he loooks like a man fighting for a place.

Exactly. You can see he's fighting, so give him some bait to motivate him further. Not like with Shaq who also looked determined once but Klopp never gave him some serious chance and the rest is history.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,288 posts | 763 
      Reply #39: Oct 24, 2020 09:39:41 am
      As mentioned in a previous post above think Bobby needs benching for this game, looks rather out of form. Play Jota from the start, there surely is nothing to lose.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #40: Oct 24, 2020 10:08:34 am
      I would play Jota like many have said but against a team that we’ll have all the ball id like to see Firmino behind Salah Mane Jota with Henderson and Gini at the base of the midfield.

I have a hunch Alisson start too
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #41: Oct 24, 2020 11:04:49 am
      I would play Jota like many have said but against a team that we’ll have all the ball id like to see Firmino behind Salah Mane Jota with Henderson and Gini at the base of the midfield.

I have a hunch Alisson start too

Brazil team Doc says Ali will return NEXT weekend. Still sooner than expected.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #42: Oct 24, 2020 11:11:34 am
      Brazil team Doc says Ali will return NEXT weekend. Still sooner than expected.
      Don’t think he has a say in whether Alisson feels ready to play today or whether Klopp feels that he is ready but we will see
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #43: Oct 24, 2020 11:17:36 am
      What's the weather forecast over there for Match day please Team?

Absolutely cracking the flags
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #44: Oct 24, 2020 11:41:48 am
      Need to win this and win it well to send out a statement, hopefully Keita is fit we need some creativity in midfield.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,471 posts | 1467 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #45: Oct 24, 2020 01:23:55 pm
      Could do with smashing a few in too today, start sorting the goal difference out... although 3 points first.

Quick Reply