Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sheff Utd?

Alisson Becker
      2 (2.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      3 (3.8%)
      Joe Gomez
      10 (12.8%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (5.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      23 (29.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.3%)
      Diogo Jota
      26 (33.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      3 (3.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (6.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.3%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Voting closed: Oct 28, 2020 08:53:20 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Sheffield United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 15568 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Sheffield United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Oct 24, 2020 10:14:17 pm
      Joe, Hendo, Mane, Jota and Mo all excellent tonight.

Mo deserved a goal he was a live wire in the box.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #323: Oct 24, 2020 10:15:36 pm
      For now we just need to somehow churn out the wins until we get used to playing without Virgil and while every VAR decision is mysteriously going against us.

It can't carry on forever no matter how much the PL may want it too, it will soon become too noticeable if they do it every F***ing week.

We will get to calmer waters but for now just need to keep calm and carry on winning.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #324: Oct 24, 2020 10:19:03 pm
      Love to see where var are in the table, gotta be top 4
      Between us and 1st place.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #325: Oct 24, 2020 10:19:21 pm
      VAR should be scrapped at this point. Instead of getting sh*t decisions on the pitch we now have to wait for experts to chin scratch for five minutes in order to make more sh*t decisions.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #326: Oct 24, 2020 10:21:10 pm
      Playing Bobby deeper was a bit of a miss fit. Although he did pop up with a goal he was a bit lost most of the time. Think we are much better when we control midfield. They had far to much space and time on the ball going forward and were then able to close in on our back 4.

They could've scored 2/3 in the first half so could be Bobby will have to fight Jota,Mo & Sadio for a place. Thiago when he's back will feed the top 3 a lot better.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #327: Oct 24, 2020 10:21:16 pm
      Mo was so unlucky today. Thought he overdid it a couple of times, but always s problem for them.
      Thought Jotta was industrious but miss placing passes at good moments. Went for Hendo motm.
      Didn’t do much wrong and was mostly where he needed to be when defending or attacking.
      Fab a close second. Looked solid against guys a stone heavier and 100cm taller.

AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #328: Oct 24, 2020 10:22:42 pm
      I’d hate to be a defender in these days with VAR, if it stays I think we’ll gradually see a massive drop in talent being produced there... who wants to feel like their in a episode of CSI every game?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #329: Oct 24, 2020 10:23:08 pm
      match of the day is on lets see what the fvkers have to say
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #330: Oct 24, 2020 10:23:30 pm
      VAR should be scrapped at this point. Instead of getting sh*t decisions on the pitch we now have to wait for experts to chin scratch for five minutes in order to make more sh*t decisions.

They screwed up the hand ball, now VAR isn't fit for purpose.Will they fix it by telling them.."If it's to close to call, don't make a guess"
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,197 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #331: Oct 24, 2020 10:25:39 pm
      Ha ha ha , it’s because of who we are. We had the audacity to win the prem, they’ll do what they can to try stop us retaining it.
      EVIDENCE OF BIAS.
      Take a look at the Maguire assault today that didn’t even get reviewed.
      Scandalous !

To F***ing right what the F**k is going on bias bas**rds. Magire was a nailed on pen cu*ts utter cu*ts

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #332: Oct 24, 2020 10:28:25 pm
      Playing Bobby deeper was a bit of a miss fit. Although he did pop up with a goal he was a bit lost most of the time. Think we are much better when we control midfield. They had far to much space and time on the ball going forward and were then able to close in on our back 4.

They could've scored 2/3 in the first half so could be Bobby will have to fight Jota,Mo & Sadio for a place. Thiago when he's back will feed the top 3 a lot better.

Yea I think playing Bobby deeper tonight is a sign of Jürgen phasing him out of the front 3. Bobby is not contributing as a forward for some time now. I expect Jota will be starting with Mo and Mane up top soon with Bobby playing deeper or on the bench.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #333: Oct 24, 2020 10:34:13 pm
      You’re having a laugh. Anfield without fans is just another stadium. Players feed off of that and if you don’t think they do you are just being thick.

The crowd is very important but it doesn't give the opposition too much space does it. They better get used to it because it isn't changing anytime soon.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #334: Oct 24, 2020 10:41:02 pm

What hope has the game got when it's operated by morons
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #335: Oct 24, 2020 10:44:10 pm
      They screwed up the hand ball, now VAR isn't fit for purpose.Will they fix it by telling them.."If it's to close to call, don't make a guess"

Correction..It wasn't even close..just saw it on MOTD...the ball was easily outside the box and Fab gets the ball..

Obviously Lineker downplays it saying " Didn't affect the result"...so it's OK if VAR gets it 100% wrong...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #336: Oct 24, 2020 10:46:35 pm
      Thought Henderson was excellent today and, for me, man of the match.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #337: Oct 24, 2020 10:46:56 pm
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #338: Oct 24, 2020 10:59:48 pm

Typical Hendo. I gave it to Jota. Outworked everybody and if he carries on like that you can't fault him.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #339: Oct 24, 2020 11:13:56 pm
      Yea I think playing Bobby deeper tonight is a sign of Jürgen phasing him out of the front 3. Bobby is not contributing as a forward for some time now. I expect Jota will be starting with Mo and Mane up top soon with Bobby playing deeper or on the bench.

Nothing to suggest that Klopp shares your opinion mate, I know he changed it up tonight but it will be our usual front three in the biggest games this season, I would count on it.
      Scottbot

• 9,597 posts | 2155 
      Reply #340: Oct 24, 2020 11:19:01 pm
      Was a horribl game to watch that’s for sure, hate seeing us get bullied and pushed around like we were for spells in the game but the lads still possess that champions knack of winning close games so it’s all good. I don’t like the way we set up tbh, we broke the premier league re it’d fior completed passes Last time this lot came to Anfield, we’ve also just lost our best different so I didn’t understand why Klopp tinkered with midfield. I would have played Milner or Jones in there and with three lads myself. Still, 3 points, 2nd position and it’s been a better week with two great wins
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #341: Oct 24, 2020 11:30:49 pm
      Was a horribl game to watch that’s for sure, hate seeing us get bullied and pushed around like we were for spells in the game but the lads still possess that champions knack of winning close games so it’s all good. I don’t like the way we set up tbh, we broke the premier league re it’d fior completed passes Last time this lot came to Anfield, we’ve also just lost our best different so I didn’t understand why Klopp tinkered with midfield. I would have played Milner or Jones in there and with three lads myself. Still, 3 points, 2nd position and it’s been a better week with two great wins

I think it turned against us after the BS VAR/Penalty decision, our play then became very inpatient. They were no doubt flustered with that shitty decision, our guys are humans, so heads do go down.

Prior to the PK, we were having a go at them. Leveling it up before half time was the the big turn around for us (captain obvious, I know) second half, we were on the gas pedal, with a couple of blips for Sheffield United.Mo very close to putting the game to rest.

3 points, that’s all that matters. Tough 3 PL fixtures ahead of us too. Nothing tougher  then this Premier league that’s for sure.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #342: Oct 24, 2020 11:41:36 pm

Absolutely class. Driving force. His game has never been in such good order as the last 18 months. Unreal combination of energy and ability.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #343: Oct 24, 2020 11:49:25 pm
      Nothing to suggest that Klopp shares your opinion mate, I know he changed it up tonight but it will be our usual front three in the biggest games this season, I would count on it.

Time will tell mate. Jota will he starting games one way or the other he's way too good to be sat on the bench.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #344: Oct 24, 2020 11:58:57 pm
      I think it was a good 3 points.  I thought before the game that didn't want them to have a lead to defend and VAR gift them that with their agendas.  We did well in the second half.  Back to the top.  Jota was good so was Captain but overall a good solid performance, we just need to rack some points.  This is going to be hard season.

Quick Reply