Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Staying Safe or Get Off The C19 Tracks .

Read 6568 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1585 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: Staying Safe or Get Off The C19 Tracks .
      Reply #46: Nov 01, 2020 02:27:56 pm
      Staying Safe and Staying Sane now.

It was going to happen. The month lockdown and as London and Brum were starting to go through the roof in R numbers then there was no choice.
      Is it right that Knowsley and Merseyside will in effect be on a seven week lockdown of sorts after being tiered? A lot of people could get a lot of resentments about that.
      Don't. Cant do anything about it.

That is the secret at the moment being to accept and take fully on board the stuff you cant change. I heard Sean Dyche this week talk about Controlling The Controllable which is exactly right.

Like they say :

Accept the things you cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference.

The worst emotion throughout of all of this is probably frustration. Being impeded or stopped from being able to do what you want or even need to do. The major drawback to frustration .... it is a bed partner for anger.
      One proceeds the other. 
      Anger at your self ...the world or worse still ...the ones you love.

We all want to be Superman or Superwoman but at the end of the day we are still insignificant little humans the most destructive species on the planet.
      No other species is as self destructive to their own emotions, actions and habitat than we are.

Spending time and money trying to change the way we feel. Buying more and more stuff that we don't need. 
      More, more, more to make it all feel better and make it all go away ..... but it doesn't.

Then the " let me change the way I feel" by another drink , drug  , bet or affair.
      Only making it worse.
      Always feeding the ego trying to be better on Social Media , down your street, in the pub , at work wherever.
      Better car, better house, better holiday more stuff and yet even more stuff.
      Thing is .... everyone is up their own arse with their own problems and the truth is that they really don't give a monkeys about you .
      That's the reality .They've got their own primitive little distractions in life to run after. Illusions .Delusions.

Look after your MIND in the next month. Remember that 99% of things don't really matter.
      Go back to one week ago today and remember what was your biggest worry that day?
      Or go back a month to the day?
      Most of the future projections probably didn't even happen.

There is some useful stuff on Mind .org. Its now about keeping mentally healthy than just Covid safe.
      ( You would go to the gym ...)
      Books on Mindfulness.
      Get a jam jar this week. Put a piece of paper in there in each day during lockdown writing on it just one thing that day your are grateful for.

Christmas ?  One day. Nothing more nothing less. Gone in the blink of an eye.

However get those multi coloured lights round your house .....or your neck and make the world smile.

What an absolutely bloody marvellous post to read and so damn true as well, thankyou Skip, you are a wonderful man  :)
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #47: Nov 01, 2020 05:03:56 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Nov 01, 2020 07:20:40 pm
      Shabs .

Also posted in our MA thread?

Good place here too.

Go check out the thread.  Double post as well

This is what you don't need be doing at a time like this . I used to ... but that's another story.

https://youtu.be/AIIovpUQiro
      « Last Edit: Nov 01, 2020 07:36:08 pm by MIRO »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,016 posts | 2089 
      Reply #49: Nov 05, 2020 08:21:55 pm
      Hi everyone,

As promised back when ditched my original account last Christmas, I'm back on this forum! Good to see so many of you still here keeping up the great debate. I feel a lot has gone on in these last 11 months or so especially in a year defined by a global event of such significance...that being that Liverpool are once again back on their perch!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

I'll be honest though, what inspired me to re register onto the forum was MIRO's wonderful thread here. I dipped in now and again just to see what was happening but stumbling upon this thread was wonderful.

What a great, brave and inspirational post that puts everything in perspective. I recall you discussing your diagnosis back in 2017 but I could never have imagined just how tough it was for you especially the situation with your wife. You're clearly made of strong stuff, I certainly don't think I could have handled such trauma. It really speaks of your spirit, devotion and love of the community around you that you pulled through that episode and can speak so wisely about it as well. Keeps it all in perspective. Well in pal.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #50: Nov 08, 2020 03:39:18 am
      Hi everyone,

As promised back when ditched my original account last Christmas, I'm back on this forum! Good to see so many of you still here keeping up the great debate. I feel a lot has gone on in these last 11 months or so especially in a year defined by a global event of such significance...that being that Liverpool are once again back on their perch!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

I'll be honest though, what inspired me to re register onto the forum was MIRO's wonderful thread here. I dipped in now and again just to see what was happening but stumbling upon this thread was wonderful.

What a great, brave and inspirational post that puts everything in perspective. I recall you discussing your diagnosis back in 2017 but I could never have imagined just how tough it was for you especially the situation with your wife. You're clearly made of strong stuff, I certainly don't think I could have handled such trauma. It really speaks of your spirit, devotion and love of the community around you that you pulled through that episode and can speak so wisely about it as well. Keeps it all in perspective. Well in pal.

Great to see you back  ! You've been missed.

Update :
      A couple of weeks on from the post the media today are announcing that the Government are to issue free of charge Vitamin D to vulnerable people.

There is no excuse for us all not to use it.   

........................ ........................ ....................

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8925321/Millions-elderly-vulnerable-free-Vitamin-D-government.html

By GLEN OWEN POLITICAL EDITOR FOR THE MAIL ON SUNDAY

PUBLISHED: 23:23, 7 November 2020 | UPDATED: 23:37, 7 November 2020

Millions of people will be sent supplies of Vitamin D by the Government as evidence grows that it helps in the battle against Covid-19 infection.

Care-home residents and people shielding because they suffer from conditions such as cancer will be sent enough supplies of the vitamin to last four months, with the first packages due to arrive early next month.

The move comes after Health Secretary Matt Hancock decided he had to act fast in light of the emerging evidence about the benefits of Vitamin D.

One recent study found that more than 80 per cent of Covid-19 victims admitted to hospital were Vitamin D deficient, compared with a UK average of 25 per cent.

Ministers are hoping that greater uptake of the vitamin, along with more effective drug treatments and a viable vaccine, will combine to remove the need for an endless series of rolling lockdowns.

A senior Government source said that direct delivery to people's doorsteps in England would 'help prevent Vitamin D deficiency and maintain normal calcium levels in the blood and keep bones and muscles healthy'.

The source added: 'We are going to ensure those most in need of Vitamin D can access a supply to last them throughout winter. There are a number of studies that suggest Vitamin D supplementation could have a positive impact for people suffering with Covid-19.'

The move will be accompanied by the start of clinical trials to further assess links between Vitamin D and Covid-19.

Those who will receive free supplies include organ-transplant recipients, chemotherapy patients and those with severe respiratory conditions such as cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Vitamin D is a hormone produced by the kidneys which controls blood calcium concentration and has a direct impact on the body's immune system.

Some experts have suggested that the higher rates of serious Covid-19 complications in patients from ethnic minorities could be due to the lower levels of Vitamin D they are able to synthesise from sunlight.

........................ .............

« Last Edit: Nov 08, 2020 12:59:42 pm by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #51: Nov 08, 2020 03:51:14 am
      Billy Whizz

Last week he went missing for a night then when he did come back he nested on a different branch overnight.
      I reckon he had been out on the lash . Think he was smashed.
      Ever tried to let yourself into the wrong house?

Anyhow the next night he is back on his right perch again looking sober ....with someone pretty next to him.
      I'll keep you posted.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2020 01:01:50 pm by MIRO »
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #52: Nov 08, 2020 10:21:08 am
      Great post Miro - although sad it’s also very relatable too, you have given me food for thought which is worth more than any material possession, I love your take on becoming a kid! we should all take time to do something kid like at least once in a while.

We got your back mate!

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #53: Nov 08, 2020 02:04:43 pm
      https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/fsn3.1858

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0014299920306439

European Journal Of Pharmacology .

Just released  Research Papers on effects of Curcumin (Turmeric) in preventing entry and the replication of the C19 virus into the human body cells.

( Curcumin boosts the action of the body's Immune T Cells. )

This is heavy reading that I cant see anyone getting through them. Simply put it defines the protocol trial success against Covid.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2020 02:17:33 pm by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #54: Nov 15, 2020 06:10:28 pm
      Seems appropriate on the day that Lewis and the Mercedes AMG F1 team win his 7th World Championship.

ESPN article (2018) on Mindfulness

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id/25546249/mercedes-focuses-mindfulness-stay-top-f1-pecking-order

Also BBC podcast this week refers to it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p08y2735

The whole of the 1,000 strong team at Mercedes - AMG Brackley UK  factory all practice their own headspace by practicing
      Mindfulness and Meditation.

If its good enough for them ...

Stay Sane  .
      « Last Edit: Nov 15, 2020 06:17:02 pm by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #55: Nov 16, 2020 09:26:52 am
      Update.

Billy Whizz . 
      Lost him overnight. Found dead on grass this morning .

Anti   Antibios

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/16/health/baby-antibiotics-linked-to-illness-wellness/index.html

(CNN)Children younger than two who are given antibiotics are more likely to have a number of ongoing illnesses or conditions later in life, a new study finds.

Multiple doses of antibiotics were associated with a variety of illnesses in later childhood.
      Babies and toddlers who received one dose of antibiotics were more likely to have asthma, eczema, hay fever, food allergies, celiac disease, problems with weight and obesity and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder later in childhood, according to the study published Monday in Mayo Clinic Proceedings.

Multiple antibiotic treatments below the age of two was associated with a child having multiple conditions, the study found, with the illnesses differing due to the child's gender, age, type of medication, dose and number of doses.
      "We want to emphasize that this study shows association, not causation, of these conditions," said senior study author Nathan LeBrasseur, a researcher at Mayo Clinic's Center on Aging. "These findings offer the opportunity to target future research to determine more reliable and safer approaches to timing, dosing and types of antibiotics for children in this age group."

Higher doses = more conditions
      Researchers analyzed data from over 14,500 children who are part of the Rochester Epidemiology Project, a long-term study which analyzes the medical records of volunteers in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Some 70% of the children in the study had received at least one antibiotic, with most receiving multiple antibiotics.

"Among children who received one or two prescriptions, only girls were at significantly higher risk to develop asthma and celiac disease compared to those unexposed," LeBrasseur and his team wrote.
      "By contrast, receiving three to four prescriptions was associated with a higher incidence of asthma, atopic dermatitis, and overweight in both sexes, ADHD and celiac disease in girls, and obesity in boys."
      Babies of both sexes who received five or more prescriptions had "significantly higher risk to develop asthma, allergic rhinitis, overweight, obesity, and ADHD," the study found. Girls were at higher risk of celiac disease.

The study found penicillin, one of the most commonly prescribed antibiotics, was associated with "increased risk for asthma and overweight in both sexes, celiac disease and ADHD in girls, and obesity in boys, whereas they were associated with reduced risk for autism in girls."
      1 in 5 children have vaccine-wary parents, which may affect future immunization campaigns

Another commonly prescribed antibiotic, cephalosporin, was linked to higher risk for the greatest number of conditions and, "uniquely, autism and food allergies," the study found.

A Microbiome Connection?

Why would antibiotics have such an impact -- if indeed future studies repeat the connection?
      It's possibly due to the disruption of the bacteria in a baby's gut, which is needed for the proper development of the immune system, neural development, body composition and metabolism, LeBrasseur and his team said.

Antibiotics do not discriminate between "good" and "bad" bacteria in the digestive tract, killing all of them and leaving the gut without the appropriate microbiome distribution. We need certain bacteria to absorb nutrients, break down foods in intestines and protect the entire digestive system from pathogens.

An explosion of research about our microbiome has found it can play a role in everything from how we respond to chemotherapy to our brain chemistry and immune response.
      "When antibiotics were first developed and deployed, the overwhelming consideration was control of pathogens. We now realize that their widespread application has considerable collateral effect on the microbiome, which may be of special importance in developing children," the study said.

"Minimizing antibiotic use can be helpful to prevent antibiotic resistance, but there may be a role in preserving the microbiome based on this study," said pediatrician Dr. Jennifer Shu, author of "Baby and Child Health" and the American Academy of Pediatrics' "Heading Home with Your Newborn." Shu was not involved in the study.
      « Last Edit: Nov 16, 2020 01:55:28 pm by MIRO »
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1585 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #56: Nov 16, 2020 08:46:20 pm
      Skip - so sorry about Billy Whizz  :( I know you'll miss him  :hug:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #57: Nov 23, 2020 09:24:34 am
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-55020864

Hope no one minds me sharing this.

This is a story of a girl. A girl who didn't have the money to save her own life until she was helped to get over the line.

This is also a story about someone else.

Someone who was told in 2017 that he would be offered this drug Pembrolizumab ...free ...as part of a two year trial.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #58: Nov 27, 2020 05:09:23 pm
      Only just seen this as not been on here regularly the last few months. Some story & glad you came out the other end

Good times, bad times we all have our share! (to make another Led Zeppelin reference  ;) )

Keep on keeping on mate

Quick Reply