Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Goodbye Melwood, hello... Kirkby

Read 8228 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Goodbye Melwood, hello... Kirkby
      Oct 27, 2020 09:54:10 am
      Or 'The AXA Training Centre' if you prefer that sort of thing!

No idea how much money has crossed hands for this - hopefully it will be similar to Man City and about £3 billion.

Liverpool FC and AXA have expanded their partnership to include the naming rights of the Reds' new Training Centre in Kirkby.

The state-of-the-art facility will be officially known as the AXA Training Centre and marks the club’s first training complex naming partner.

The renewed agreement will see AXA expand its original training kit relationship to one focused more holistically on training as a whole and become the club’s official training partner, incorporating all LFC training apparel.

Jürgen Klopp’s side are preparing to move into the club’s new Training Centre in mid-to-late November, with the finishing touches being made in preparation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiWeLpaBBtM
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Goodbye Melwood, hello... Kirkby
      Reply #1: Oct 27, 2020 10:04:51 am
      Cracking facility.

But lets think about the players who went through melwood, or the players that were made there. Incredible history
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #2: Oct 27, 2020 11:02:32 am
      At least I can see where my insurance premiums are being spent...😎

Looks good and well overdue..👍🏼👊🏼
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #3: Oct 27, 2020 11:12:39 am
      Looks great doesn’t it.

Just really wish they named it after Ronnie Moran like Phil Thompson suggested they should do after he passed away. Nobody spent more time at melwood than him so it be fitting if the new training ground was to be named after him in his honour.

Also, I hope it has a champions wall like at melwood, I really liked that touch.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #4: Oct 27, 2020 11:17:39 am
      Looks great doesn’t it.

Just really wish they named it after Ronnie Moran like Phil Thompson suggested they should do after he passed away. Nobody spent more time at melwood than him so it be fitting if the new training ground was to be named after him in his honour.

Also, I hope it has a champions wall like at melwood, I really liked that touch.

Simple little thing like name the facilty after Ronnie. Name the training pitches after Tom Saunders, Reuben Bennett and Geoff Twentyman
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Oct 27, 2020 12:55:47 pm
      Looks good. Looks like they turned down Orrell pleasure pitches..

https://www.bootlehistory.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26407

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #6: Oct 27, 2020 01:40:36 pm
      Simple little thing like name the facilty after Ronnie. Name the training pitches after Tom Saunders, Reuben Bennett and Geoff Twentyman
      Hopefully when the contract with AXA expires they might honour one of the old boot room in the name of the training facility
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #7: Oct 27, 2020 01:50:02 pm
      Hopefully when the contract with AXA expires they might honour one of the old boot room in the name of the training facility

Doubtful, as teams are always looking for ways to maximize revenue. The more time passes the more they do.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #8: Oct 27, 2020 04:48:09 pm
      Looks absolutely amazing, I did a tour of Melwood a few years and the facilities are top notch as you'd  expect for a team like Liverpool, so I'm sure this will be even better, what a wonderful place to train and work.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #9: Oct 27, 2020 11:33:58 pm
      Will they start doing a Training complex Tour?

Wow, looks fit for Kings!!!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #10: Oct 28, 2020 06:52:10 am
      Cracking facility.

But lets think about the players who went through melwood, or the players that were made there. Incredible history
      Absolutely mate,got fond memories of walking there as a kid with me mates ( live about 30minutes away by foot) as a kid in the early 80’s,used to borrow a ladder from one of the obliging residents close by and take turns up the ladder watching the players train.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #11: Oct 28, 2020 06:58:49 am
      Will they start doing a Training complex Tour?

Wow, looks fit for Kings!!!

And we are, Kings of England. Hope, we will still be.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #12: Oct 28, 2020 07:35:34 am
      There will be a tear or two for Melwood.

Used to rock up with my mates when Shankly was taking training and the facilities were no more than a cricket pavilion.

You could just stand pitchside ... like you would a kids Sunday game now.

Financials ?

FSG are smart. AXA money in up front and Melwood sold off for housing.  They'll balance the books.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #13: Nov 07, 2020 08:33:48 pm
      saw this today! can't quite believe it tbh.. this is more significant that us finally winning the league after such a looooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo ooong wait :D

end of an era for definite :'( but all good things and that.

PS I'm back!!!! what I miss? ;)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #14: Nov 07, 2020 10:58:35 pm
      Welcome back AJ

Ummmm  you missed a Champions League Win, A Premiership Win, A Club World Cup Win and a Super Cup Win   :D :D :D but pretty sure you would have had an ale in your hands at all times celebrating.  ;D ;D ;D

Gonna miss Melwood, end of an era.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #15: Nov 08, 2020 11:12:43 am
      End of an era that saw everything from very low moments to so high moments.

Hope that in Kirkby, we will have much more highs.

I saw in the eyes of Jordan, that we are closing a huge chapter.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #16: Nov 08, 2020 11:32:14 am
      Sad to see Melwood go due to the memories from Shankly onwards but we have to keep moving forward and this facilities looks like the dogs bollox.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17: Nov 08, 2020 12:45:23 pm
      Keep hold of your socks :laugh:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #18: Nov 08, 2020 02:08:44 pm
      It will be a very sad day indeed when they lock those Melwood gates for the last time, because in behind those gates is the entire history of our club, well, since Shanks, Bob, Joe, Rueben & Bugsy walked from goal posts to goal posts picking up every piece of crap the could find, from broken glass to broken bricks & stone, from pebble & grit and of course dog sh*t, back & forth they went every day for three weeks, while the players ran round the perimeter, until it was absolutely pristine, that was how Bill Shankly worked that was his methology,

When he first went there, in his own words he said it was a toilet, with no running water, that soon changed, and with it training methods unseen in English football, and thanks to Rueben Bennett who was a ex gym instructor for the army, knocked the players into the fittest in the land, another one of Shanks demands, he introduced the box, where players would hit a ball against the boards to imitate receiving the ball at pace using both feet,

Yes, Melwood has seen it all and some, it should indeed be called after Ronnie Moran, as Thommo suggested, the diaries Ronnie wrote in and kept are something to behold, in them they are full of information from what the weather was like that particular day, what excercises took place, the conditions of the players, who the opposition were next game , and information of how to get the better of them, it really is unbelievable how much down to detail and the professionalism displayed back then.

And I bet those changing rooms could tell a tale or two as well.

Goodbye Melwood.

It might be a good idea to name the streets of the new housing estate after this who graced Melwood for all those years ?

Y  N  W  A

AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #19: Nov 08, 2020 04:40:01 pm

If we all chip a fiver we might be able to buy it! 😂
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #20: Nov 08, 2020 08:56:10 pm

I'm in Brother!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #21: Nov 08, 2020 10:01:07 pm

Ok so that's you, me and Yorkie so we're already at £15.. this will be easy :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #22: Nov 08, 2020 11:49:40 pm
      Ok so that's you, me and Yorkie so we're already at £15.. this will be easy :D

:D :D :D

We're a shoe in!  ;D
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #23: Nov 09, 2020 07:12:28 am

I’m in,I’ll have to raid the piggy bank though ( that’s scouse for the missus).
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #24: Nov 09, 2020 07:49:32 am
      I’m in,I’ll have to raid the piggy bank though ( that’s scouse for the missus).

:lmao:
              I’d have thought sperm bank would be more appropriate mate  :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #25: Nov 09, 2020 03:59:18 pm
      I have wonderful memories of Melwood over the years, lots of photographs and even cine film footage of the players training going back to Emlyn's days  ;D Met all the players after training several times, back in the day when you could just turn up and they would let you in especially as a female on my own, had many chats with players who were out injured, end of an era but I will always have my memories.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #26: Nov 09, 2020 09:22:26 pm
      I have wonderful memories of Melwood over the years, lots of photographs and even cine film footage of the players training going back to Emlyn's days  ;D Met all the players after training several times, back in the day when you could just turn up and they would let you in especially as a female on my own, had many chats with players who were out injured, end of an era but I will always have my memories.

see I doubt you will ever get that kind of access at ATC 😢 shame
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Nov 10, 2020 08:29:10 am

So how about a.top 3 list for chats you had with players. It's OK to kiss and tell.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #28: Nov 10, 2020 12:51:19 pm
      see I doubt you will ever get that kind of access at ATC 😢 shame

No you won't anymore, too much security and players aren't accessible like they used to be.

So how about a.top 3 list for chats you had with players. It's OK to kiss and tell.

Had a really long chat with Ian Rush once, he was quite shy, but he was lovely and very sincere, Bruce Grobbelaar - so bloody funny and an absolute joker  :lmao: and Joey Jones, he was lovely and was genuinely thrilled to be playing football for LFC, remember the Joey ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll now he's munching gladbachs banner i Rome in 1977 - he just loved that flag  :D

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #29: Nov 10, 2020 05:19:39 pm
      Sad to see them leave, spent the majority of my school holidays knocking about there with my mates during the early 00s.

Still have massive soft spots for the players who would always stop to sign autographs. Rafa & his backroom team were great too when they first came in - remember me mate getting a pair of tickets for a league game off Paco Herrera once.

This new place looks the business though, think its definitely a good move to have the academy & first team more interlinked. Especially with the exceptional quality of players they've been churning out as of late. Can only benefit the development
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #30: Nov 10, 2020 09:17:35 pm
      This made me a little weepy. it's a cheap emotional ending, but it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoORGQ6Oyco

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #31: Nov 11, 2020 09:43:04 am
      This made me a little weepy. it's a cheap emotional ending, but it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoORGQ6Oyco

Me too mate, end of a era at our fantastic institution, 70 years of sheer hard graft and intuition, for each and every player privileged to have trained there will take their own memories with them, from the very first days with Shanks, Bob, Joe, Rueben & of course ‘Bugsy’ Moran, I bet if you listen closely you can still hear his bellowing across the pitches, to Jürgen and his Geggen  pressing mantra, the Trophy wall and those lovely humble dinner ladies who looked after all those players down the years, I bet they shed a few tears as well, bless them, it’s very sad but at the same time exciting to have everything and everyone under one roof at Kirby,

I hope that those developers name the streets of the new housing estate after those who graced Melwood, like Moran Avenue, Bennett close, etc a fitting tribute to those iconic figures.

Y  N  W  A
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #32: Nov 12, 2020 02:08:59 pm

I wonder if they will start selling off memorabilia of the place? they could donate items to places like Zoe's place, Carras Foundation, Alder Hay etc and then run auction to raise funds.  £1K for a Melwood sign anyone?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #33: Nov 17, 2020 04:56:12 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Nov 17, 2020 05:03:02 pm
      looks brill.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Nov 21, 2020 08:54:40 am
      Thank You  FSG .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #36: Jan 20, 2021 12:12:59 am
      Well I'm convinced, ever since we moved we seem to have lost our Soul but most importantly, I think the lads have left their shooting boots back at Melwood.

Anyone else of the thinking our form has been sh*t ever since we left Melwood? Coincidence maybe???

How about getting them back there for a couple of training sessions to see if it gets them out of their funk!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #37: Feb 03, 2021 11:16:21 pm
      PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GO BACK TO MELWOOD FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

Co-incidence that since we left Melwood we have been a shadow of our normal selves! I think not!!!!

Get back to familiar surroundings for the rest of the Season and move into the New training complex in the off Season!!!!!!!!!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2021 11:17:28 pm
      PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GO BACK TO MELWOOD FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

Co-incidence that since we left Melwood we have been a shadow of our normal selves! I think not!!!!

Get back to familiar surroundings for the rest of the Season and move into the New training complex in the off Season!!!!!!!!!!

Did Villa hockey us before or after the move can't remember?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2021 11:24:53 pm
      Before but that's one out of fkn nowhere game, our form has deteriorated since January.  Can't rememeber when we moved in but pretty sure we haven't looked the same killer Team since the move.

I'm just trying to find anything here mate, any fkn reason to go from Champs to Chumps within the space of about 6 weeks!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2021 11:28:17 pm
      Before but that's one out of fkn nowhere game, our form has deteriorated since January.  Can't rememeber when we moved in but pretty sure we haven't looked the same killer Team since the move.

I'm just trying to find anything here mate, any fkn reason to go from Champs to Chumps within the space of about 6 weeks!

Maybe the training is disrupted a bit with the move but honestly it's all down to the injuries for me mate.

Imagine if City lost Dias, Laporte and Stones for most of a season, Sterling too.

They wouldn't be top of the table now that's for sure.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2021 11:32:56 pm
      If it still functioning then return to our spiritual training home..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2021 11:35:46 pm

If I remember correctly, the team had major dips in form midway through Klopp's first two full seasons with us, also- all done while training at Melwood.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2021 11:37:30 pm
      Maybe the training is disrupted a bit with the move but honestly it's all down to the injuries for me mate.

Imagine if City lost Dias, Laporte and Stones for most of a season, Sterling too.

They wouldn't be top of the table now that's for sure.

Bit like last year I think, City had a sh*t load of injuries and they weren't able to keep up, even with their talented squad.

I hear ya bud, injuries are unprecedented and have taken a massive toll on us but this move and our dip in form has me scratching my head looking for correlations.

How about we just for the upcoming game against City, take our lads back to Melwood for a couple of sessions and see if it inspires them at all coz right now, we need a massive rocket up our arses to start firing again! Would it hurt to try something?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #44: Feb 05, 2021 01:53:42 pm
      Quote from AussieRed
      How about we just for the upcoming game against City, take our lads back to Melwood for a couple of sessions and see if it inspires them at all coz right now, we need a massive rocket up our arses to start firing again! Would it hurt to try something?

Put the bottle down.

Melwood's fate is already decided. It will soon be given back to the local residents, if they haven't moved in already.

Kirkby is Jürgen's idea. He wanted it so it was built. Along with what he's won for us, it will be his biggest legacy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Feb 06, 2021 12:26:25 pm
      Put the bottle down.

Melwood's fate is already decided. It will soon be given back to the local residents, if they haven't moved in already.

The local residents campaigned against the move you soft tw*t. Stop trying to make out you know what scousers are thinking, you F***ing don't!!
      OConnor
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Reply #46: Feb 07, 2021 07:40:41 pm
      Right outside my house this, let’s hope it’s put value on my house 😂
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #47: Feb 07, 2021 08:56:28 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      The local residents campaigned against the move. Stop trying to make out you know what scousers are thinking, you don't!!

I'm not trying anything, apart from to tell the poster that we can't go back to Melwood, as it will be redeveloped to be a new residential area. You don't have to be a scouser to know that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #48: Mar 17, 2021 07:34:00 pm
      If their is even the smallest element of truth in the story that our players dont like the new training ground because its too windy it explains a lot.....f**k me that has to be made up, doesn't it??
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #49: Mar 17, 2021 08:03:08 pm

Could be true that. Some open areas are affected by wind much more than others, even when they look sheltered
      Like my F***ing back garden. 6ft fenced all round snd the wind howls round there. Me neighbours either side....
      Nothing. Seems like I get all their wind as well as my own.
      Imagine trying to train in 40 mph winds. 😬🌬🌪
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #50: Mar 17, 2021 08:32:00 pm
      If their is even the smallest element of truth in the story that our players dont like the new training ground because its too windy it explains a lot.....f**k me that has to be made up, doesn't it??

Where are you hearing that from?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #51: Mar 17, 2021 09:25:58 pm

Strange one that... it's certainly not ideal if true but surely this happens in a lot of others clubs training grounds also.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #52: Mar 17, 2021 09:55:48 pm
      Found an article in the Mirror on this - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-players-training-ground-kirkby-23742714

But apparently the original source is The Scum, so very likely pure lies.

The article also says that the Kirkby area is known as "Windy Harbour". Any scousers heard of that? Bit of an internet searching drew a complete blank on anywhere called this in or around Kirkby.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #53: Mar 17, 2021 10:28:24 pm
      Sounds like a lot of hot air...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #54: Mar 17, 2021 10:39:08 pm
      Heard hughie McCauley on LFCTV during the youth cup match say they used to call the wind a lazy wind because it didn't go around you but went straight through you instead
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 561 posts | 128 
      Reply #55: Mar 18, 2021 09:51:00 am
      Found an article in the Mirror on this - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-players-training-ground-kirkby-23742714

But apparently the original source is The Scum, so very likely pure lies.

The article also says that the Kirkby area is known as "Windy Harbour". Any scousers heard of that? Bit of an internet searching drew a complete blank on anywhere called this in or around Kirkby.

Windy arbour is in Cronton
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #56: Mar 18, 2021 11:24:05 am

Is correct mate, on the way to Whiston.
      The report saying It is in Kirkby is in the sh*t rag so bound to be  bollox,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #57: Mar 18, 2021 11:26:21 am
      Heard hughie McCauley on LFCTV during the youth cup match say they used to call the wind a lazy wind because it didn't go around you but went straight through you instead

To be fair, I work in Kirkby and when it's windy and cold, it feels windy and F***ing cold!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #58: Mar 18, 2021 11:42:04 am

To be fair, I work in Kirkby and when it's windy and cold, it feels windy and f**king cold!!

If I left my house now and walked in a straight line in an easterly direction I land in Livetpool, and Im telling ye its a different cold to here.

In saying that the wind wouldnt enter me thoughts if after training I went into state of the art facilities to warm up in, and me pay cheque at the end of the month would warm me up to.

If its a true story the lads would want to have a word with themselves
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2021 01:50:07 pm
      When I travel up from the tropical south west for games especially midweek the first thing that hits me is the cold wind , after that it's the scrawny seagulls compared to the big shitehawks down here.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #60: Mar 18, 2021 05:30:16 pm
      The complex where it is now was Sunday league pitches for years, also arbour lane runs beside it and a lot of people around here used to call it windy arbour? Think it was just lazy on their part and my dad was secretary of Kirkby and district league for many many years and I don’t think I remember a footballer in all the time he was complaining about it being windy!!! Just the s#n scum trying to make a story
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #61: Mar 18, 2021 09:06:26 pm
      The complex where it is now was Sunday league pitches for years, also arbour lane runs beside it and a lot of people around here used to call it windy arbour? Think it was just lazy on their part and my dad was secretary of Kirkby and district league for many many years and I don’t think I remember a footballer in all the time he was complaining about it being windy!!! Just the s#n scum trying to make a story

Good to hear, thought it was probably bollox

Quick Reply