Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Goodbye Melwood, hello... Kirkby

Read 8223 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: Goodbye Melwood, hello... Kirkby
      Reply #23: Nov 09, 2020 07:12:28 am

If we all chip a fiver we might be able to buy it! 😂
      I’m in,I’ll have to raid the piggy bank though ( that’s scouse for the missus).
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Nov 09, 2020 07:49:32 am
      I’m in,I’ll have to raid the piggy bank though ( that’s scouse for the missus).

:lmao:
              I’d have thought sperm bank would be more appropriate mate  :lmao:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #25: Nov 09, 2020 03:59:18 pm
      I have wonderful memories of Melwood over the years, lots of photographs and even cine film footage of the players training going back to Emlyn's days  ;D Met all the players after training several times, back in the day when you could just turn up and they would let you in especially as a female on my own, had many chats with players who were out injured, end of an era but I will always have my memories.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #26: Nov 09, 2020 09:22:26 pm
      I have wonderful memories of Melwood over the years, lots of photographs and even cine film footage of the players training going back to Emlyn's days  ;D Met all the players after training several times, back in the day when you could just turn up and they would let you in especially as a female on my own, had many chats with players who were out injured, end of an era but I will always have my memories.

see I doubt you will ever get that kind of access at ATC 😢 shame
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Nov 10, 2020 08:29:10 am

So how about a.top 3 list for chats you had with players. It's OK to kiss and tell.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #28: Nov 10, 2020 12:51:19 pm
      see I doubt you will ever get that kind of access at ATC 😢 shame

No you won't anymore, too much security and players aren't accessible like they used to be.

So how about a.top 3 list for chats you had with players. It's OK to kiss and tell.

Had a really long chat with Ian Rush once, he was quite shy, but he was lovely and very sincere, Bruce Grobbelaar - so bloody funny and an absolute joker  :lmao: and Joey Jones, he was lovely and was genuinely thrilled to be playing football for LFC, remember the Joey ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll now he's munching gladbachs banner i Rome in 1977 - he just loved that flag  :D

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #29: Nov 10, 2020 05:19:39 pm
      Sad to see them leave, spent the majority of my school holidays knocking about there with my mates during the early 00s.

Still have massive soft spots for the players who would always stop to sign autographs. Rafa & his backroom team were great too when they first came in - remember me mate getting a pair of tickets for a league game off Paco Herrera once.

This new place looks the business though, think its definitely a good move to have the academy & first team more interlinked. Especially with the exceptional quality of players they've been churning out as of late. Can only benefit the development
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #30: Nov 10, 2020 09:17:35 pm
      This made me a little weepy. it's a cheap emotional ending, but it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoORGQ6Oyco

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Nov 11, 2020 09:43:04 am
      This made me a little weepy. it's a cheap emotional ending, but it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoORGQ6Oyco

Me too mate, end of a era at our fantastic institution, 70 years of sheer hard graft and intuition, for each and every player privileged to have trained there will take their own memories with them, from the very first days with Shanks, Bob, Joe, Rueben & of course ‘Bugsy’ Moran, I bet if you listen closely you can still hear his bellowing across the pitches, to Jürgen and his Geggen  pressing mantra, the Trophy wall and those lovely humble dinner ladies who looked after all those players down the years, I bet they shed a few tears as well, bless them, it’s very sad but at the same time exciting to have everything and everyone under one roof at Kirby,

I hope that those developers name the streets of the new housing estate after those who graced Melwood, like Moran Avenue, Bennett close, etc a fitting tribute to those iconic figures.

Y  N  W  A
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #32: Nov 12, 2020 02:08:59 pm

I wonder if they will start selling off memorabilia of the place? they could donate items to places like Zoe's place, Carras Foundation, Alder Hay etc and then run auction to raise funds.  £1K for a Melwood sign anyone?
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #33: Nov 17, 2020 04:56:12 pm
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Nov 17, 2020 05:03:02 pm
      looks brill.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Nov 21, 2020 08:54:40 am
      Thank You  FSG .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #36: Jan 20, 2021 12:12:59 am
      Well I'm convinced, ever since we moved we seem to have lost our Soul but most importantly, I think the lads have left their shooting boots back at Melwood.

Anyone else of the thinking our form has been sh*t ever since we left Melwood? Coincidence maybe???

How about getting them back there for a couple of training sessions to see if it gets them out of their funk!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #37: Feb 03, 2021 11:16:21 pm
      PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GO BACK TO MELWOOD FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

Co-incidence that since we left Melwood we have been a shadow of our normal selves! I think not!!!!

Get back to familiar surroundings for the rest of the Season and move into the New training complex in the off Season!!!!!!!!!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #38: Feb 03, 2021 11:17:28 pm
      PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GO BACK TO MELWOOD FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

Co-incidence that since we left Melwood we have been a shadow of our normal selves! I think not!!!!

Get back to familiar surroundings for the rest of the Season and move into the New training complex in the off Season!!!!!!!!!!

Did Villa hockey us before or after the move can't remember?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #39: Feb 03, 2021 11:24:53 pm
      Before but that's one out of fkn nowhere game, our form has deteriorated since January.  Can't rememeber when we moved in but pretty sure we haven't looked the same killer Team since the move.

I'm just trying to find anything here mate, any fkn reason to go from Champs to Chumps within the space of about 6 weeks!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #40: Feb 03, 2021 11:28:17 pm
      Before but that's one out of fkn nowhere game, our form has deteriorated since January.  Can't rememeber when we moved in but pretty sure we haven't looked the same killer Team since the move.

I'm just trying to find anything here mate, any fkn reason to go from Champs to Chumps within the space of about 6 weeks!

Maybe the training is disrupted a bit with the move but honestly it's all down to the injuries for me mate.

Imagine if City lost Dias, Laporte and Stones for most of a season, Sterling too.

They wouldn't be top of the table now that's for sure.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #41: Feb 03, 2021 11:32:56 pm
      If it still functioning then return to our spiritual training home..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Feb 03, 2021 11:35:46 pm

If I remember correctly, the team had major dips in form midway through Klopp's first two full seasons with us, also- all done while training at Melwood.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #43: Feb 03, 2021 11:37:30 pm
      Maybe the training is disrupted a bit with the move but honestly it's all down to the injuries for me mate.

Imagine if City lost Dias, Laporte and Stones for most of a season, Sterling too.

They wouldn't be top of the table now that's for sure.

Bit like last year I think, City had a sh*t load of injuries and they weren't able to keep up, even with their talented squad.

I hear ya bud, injuries are unprecedented and have taken a massive toll on us but this move and our dip in form has me scratching my head looking for correlations.

How about we just for the upcoming game against City, take our lads back to Melwood for a couple of sessions and see if it inspires them at all coz right now, we need a massive rocket up our arses to start firing again! Would it hurt to try something?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #44: Feb 05, 2021 01:53:42 pm
      Quote from AussieRed
      How about we just for the upcoming game against City, take our lads back to Melwood for a couple of sessions and see if it inspires them at all coz right now, we need a massive rocket up our arses to start firing again! Would it hurt to try something?

Put the bottle down.

Melwood's fate is already decided. It will soon be given back to the local residents, if they haven't moved in already.

Kirkby is Jürgen's idea. He wanted it so it was built. Along with what he's won for us, it will be his biggest legacy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Feb 06, 2021 12:26:25 pm
      Put the bottle down.

Melwood's fate is already decided. It will soon be given back to the local residents, if they haven't moved in already.

The local residents campaigned against the move you soft tw*t. Stop trying to make out you know what scousers are thinking, you F***ing don't!!

Quick Reply