Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Goodbye Melwood, hello... Kirkby

Read 8293 times
      OConnor
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 30 posts |
      Re: Goodbye Melwood, hello... Kirkby
      Reply #46: Feb 07, 2021 07:40:41 pm
      Right outside my house this, let’s hope it’s put value on my house 😂
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #47: Feb 07, 2021 08:56:28 pm
      Quote from HUYTON RED
      The local residents campaigned against the move. Stop trying to make out you know what scousers are thinking, you don't!!

I'm not trying anything, apart from to tell the poster that we can't go back to Melwood, as it will be redeveloped to be a new residential area. You don't have to be a scouser to know that.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #48: Mar 17, 2021 07:34:00 pm
      If their is even the smallest element of truth in the story that our players dont like the new training ground because its too windy it explains a lot.....f**k me that has to be made up, doesn't it??
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,282 posts | 1513 
      Reply #49: Mar 17, 2021 08:03:08 pm

Could be true that. Some open areas are affected by wind much more than others, even when they look sheltered
      Like my F***ing back garden. 6ft fenced all round snd the wind howls round there. Me neighbours either side....
      Nothing. Seems like I get all their wind as well as my own.
      Imagine trying to train in 40 mph winds. 😬🌬🌪
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,982 posts | 513 
      Reply #50: Mar 17, 2021 08:32:00 pm
      If their is even the smallest element of truth in the story that our players dont like the new training ground because its too windy it explains a lot.....f**k me that has to be made up, doesn't it??

Where are you hearing that from?
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #51: Mar 17, 2021 09:25:58 pm

Strange one that... it's certainly not ideal if true but surely this happens in a lot of others clubs training grounds also.

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,982 posts | 513 
      Reply #52: Mar 17, 2021 09:55:48 pm
      Found an article in the Mirror on this - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-players-training-ground-kirkby-23742714

But apparently the original source is The Scum, so very likely pure lies.

The article also says that the Kirkby area is known as "Windy Harbour". Any scousers heard of that? Bit of an internet searching drew a complete blank on anywhere called this in or around Kirkby.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,921 posts | 283 
      Reply #53: Mar 17, 2021 10:28:24 pm
      Sounds like a lot of hot air...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #54: Mar 17, 2021 10:39:08 pm
      Heard hughie McCauley on LFCTV during the youth cup match say they used to call the wind a lazy wind because it didn't go around you but went straight through you instead
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #55: Mar 18, 2021 09:51:00 am
      Found an article in the Mirror on this - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-players-training-ground-kirkby-23742714

But apparently the original source is The Scum, so very likely pure lies.

The article also says that the Kirkby area is known as "Windy Harbour". Any scousers heard of that? Bit of an internet searching drew a complete blank on anywhere called this in or around Kirkby.

Windy arbour is in Cronton
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #56: Mar 18, 2021 11:24:05 am

Is correct mate, on the way to Whiston.
      The report saying It is in Kirkby is in the sh*t rag so bound to be  bollox,
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #57: Mar 18, 2021 11:26:21 am
      Heard hughie McCauley on LFCTV during the youth cup match say they used to call the wind a lazy wind because it didn't go around you but went straight through you instead

To be fair, I work in Kirkby and when it's windy and cold, it feels windy and F***ing cold!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2748 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #58: Mar 18, 2021 11:42:04 am

To be fair, I work in Kirkby and when it's windy and cold, it feels windy and f**king cold!!

If I left my house now and walked in a straight line in an easterly direction I land in Livetpool, and Im telling ye its a different cold to here.

In saying that the wind wouldnt enter me thoughts if after training I went into state of the art facilities to warm up in, and me pay cheque at the end of the month would warm me up to.

If its a true story the lads would want to have a word with themselves
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2021 01:50:07 pm
      When I travel up from the tropical south west for games especially midweek the first thing that hits me is the cold wind , after that it's the scrawny seagulls compared to the big shitehawks down here.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #60: Mar 18, 2021 05:30:16 pm
      The complex where it is now was Sunday league pitches for years, also arbour lane runs beside it and a lot of people around here used to call it windy arbour? Think it was just lazy on their part and my dad was secretary of Kirkby and district league for many many years and I don’t think I remember a footballer in all the time he was complaining about it being windy!!! Just the s#n scum trying to make a story
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,982 posts | 513 
      Reply #61: Mar 18, 2021 09:06:26 pm
      The complex where it is now was Sunday league pitches for years, also arbour lane runs beside it and a lot of people around here used to call it windy arbour? Think it was just lazy on their part and my dad was secretary of Kirkby and district league for many many years and I don’t think I remember a footballer in all the time he was complaining about it being windy!!! Just the s#n scum trying to make a story

Good to hear, thought it was probably bollox

Quick Reply