Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)

Read 6439 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Oct 29, 2020 05:04:49 pm
      Liverpool resume their Premier League title attack with a home match against West Ham this Saturday. The team have been dealing with more than their share of injuries so far and questions remain about just who Jürgen Klopp can call upon for this gamae.

West Ham have 2 wins, 2 losses and 2 draws from the young season, with the most result fixture being a 1-1 draw with Man City. This https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/23/tomas-soucek-we-went-to-hackney-marshes-it-was-incredible is a bit about Tomas Soucek, a new player for the Hammers who has been called "the new Fellaini" (obviously by someone who doesn't like him, but he seems a decent sort). He is a (very) tall midfielder. Leading scorers in the league thus far are Antonio and Jarod Bowen with 3 goals each. Antonio is a doubt for Saturday.

Who they'll face is anybody's guess. So please, offer your guesses.

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2020 08:53:21 pm by Robby The Z »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat.. 31 Oct. 5:3 pm)
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2020 05:19:52 pm
      Good man Bobby.

Antonio out for them would be a welcomed bonus. Either way I think with whats available to us Id like to see less of a high line.

They are in really good form so this will be tough. We arent playing well lately.

Id revert to 4 3 3. Id play Williams alongside Joe with Hendo Gini and Shaq my 3 middle men. I think Shaqs ability to see the pass will be vital

Alisson
      Trent      Williams     Joe   Robbo

Hendo    Shaq   Gini

Mane             Mo            Jota
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat.. 31 Oct. 5:3 pm)
      Reply #2: Oct 29, 2020 05:31:09 pm
      Have no idea on who is available in midfield or not, but for the most part the lineup makes itself

Alisson
      Trent Rhys Gomez Robbo
                 Hendo
         Gini              Keita
      Salah    Bobby   Mane

The starting 3 have gotten a match's worth of rest the past week (came off with 30m left against Ajax and came on with 30m left against Midty) so they will be ready to go.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #3: Oct 29, 2020 05:38:15 pm
      I guess Klopp would put Hendo into the CB position, instead of Rhys, in league games.

Trent Hendo Gomez Robbo
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #4: Oct 29, 2020 05:42:49 pm
                            ALI
      TAA          MATIP    JOE       ROBBO

THIAGO   HENDO   GINI/NABY

MO                      MANE                JOTA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5: Oct 29, 2020 05:56:13 pm
      Even if Antonio is out they still have some bloke in midfield that Mourinho a few weeks back labelled the new Fellaini. Thomas Soucek the blokes name.

An aerial bombardment is on it's way.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #6: Oct 29, 2020 06:01:53 pm
      Would love to do another one over "The Chosen One". But they drew a world class opponent in City on their last match. We need to be alert. No pissing about.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1464 
      Reply #7: Oct 29, 2020 06:06:33 pm
      Even if Antonio is out they still have some bloke in midfield that Mourinho a few weeks back labelled the new Fellaini. Thomas Soucek the blokes name.

Fellani doesn't just offer aerial bombardment, but a lot more rubbish that is relatable to Sergio Ramos. Thinking about anything blue makes me blood pressure rocket.
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #8: Oct 29, 2020 06:10:41 pm

Haller as well defending set pieces crucial
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #9: Oct 29, 2020 06:26:16 pm
      When is Thiago due back?  Whenever he's fit, he's straight back into the starting 11.  Hopefully its this weekend. 

Agree with Brian that Jota needs to be in the 11 as well.  Jürgen tends to stick with who he knows and trusts, so I expect Bobby to continue to lead the line meaning Shaq will find himself back on the bench.

It will be interesting to see if Jürgen moves one of Gini or Hendo (or both) to CB, or if he does anything to tweak the formation.  I've always been a fan of the 3-4-3 formation.  It would be interesting to see something like this:

Ali
      Hendo - Gomez - Gini
      Thiago
      Trent                                Robbo
      Jota
      Mo - Bobby - Mane
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Oct 29, 2020 06:32:36 pm
      Without VVD teams like WH, with big lads, am sure they will look to get crosses in and win challenges in the air, collect knockdowns and put us under pressure. I would.
      VVD was such a collossus you'd never get the better of him over 90 mins.
      We just have to try an deal with this and be more clinical up front.
      Who starts at the back with Joe? I'd go with Hendo it we can have 3 from Gini/Thiago/Keita/Milner across the middle.
      Think the front 3 plus someone like Jones, or Jota, might leave us not winning enough of the challenges in midfield.
      Maybe Jota might be pushing for a place in the front 3 with Bobs form a bit off.
      Not expecting an easy game, but hopefully we can grind another win out...
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,222 posts | 747 
      Reply #11: Oct 29, 2020 06:46:40 pm
      West Ham have had a decent start to their season. They will not be taken likely, despite our injury woes, I expect  the Reds to beat the hammers in what could be quite an exciting clash.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Oct 29, 2020 07:31:14 pm
      This will be a tough one no doubt.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13: Oct 29, 2020 07:40:53 pm
      They are in good form but we are due a good game again, I fancy us to win 3-1.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,299 posts | 3868 
      Reply #14: Oct 29, 2020 08:11:38 pm

I’ve been impressed with him, a good player
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: Oct 29, 2020 08:57:30 pm
      Fellani doesn't just offer aerial bombardment, but a lot more rubbish that is relatable to Sergio Ramos. Thinking about anything blue makes me blood pressure rocket.

As I mentioned in the OP, this fellow Soucek seems like a good person - good story anyway about his upbringing in a small town, etc. So I despite his being tall, he's probably nothing like Fellaini, who is just dirty.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16: Oct 29, 2020 09:04:12 pm
      When is Thiago due back?  Whenever he's fit, he's straight back into the starting 11.  Hopefully its this weekend. 

Agree with Brian that Jota needs to be in the 11 as well.  Jürgen tends to stick with who he knows and trusts, so I expect Bobby to continue to lead the line meaning Shaq will find himself back on the bench.

It will be interesting to see if Jürgen moves one of Gini or Hendo (or both) to CB, or if he does anything to tweak the formation.  I've always been a fan of the 3-4-3 formation.  It would be interesting to see something like this:

Ali
      Hendo - Gomez - Gini
      Thiago
      Trent                                Robbo
      Jota
      Mo - Bobby - Mane

Just looked at video and pics from today's training:

No Thiago. No Matip.

Nat Phillips was there and I suspect he will start alongside Gomez - just a hunch. I also expect Curtis Jones to start in midfield rather than Shaq.

So....
      Alisson
      Trent, Phillips, Gomez, Robbo
      Hendo, Gini, Curtis Jones
      Sadio, Bobby, Mo
      Subs: Adrian, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams, Milner, Shaqiri, Jota, Minamino.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,803 posts | 4909 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Reply #17: Oct 29, 2020 09:30:46 pm
      Bubble blowers don’t scare us, even on our worst days we are more than capable of doing these, yes they have upped their game recently but old bog eyes has never beaten us as a manager and I expect that trend to continue,
      The odds will have course shortened since we have a make shift central defence, however, we do have players who can ‘fill in’ temporarily and have enough nous to hamper attacks from the east enders, meanwhile at the other end there is no question that their defence will be under severe scrutiny from our trophy laden trio and I’d hazard a guess that we’d most definitely come out on top for goals scored,

So how do we set up ?  If we go three at the back(unlikely) I’d have Hendo in between young Rhys & Gomez, with Thiago if fit, & Gini as two 6’s, Trent & Robbo flanking them with the three amigos up top, but instead of Bobby, I’d slot Jota in instead......

Alisson

Williams     Hendo    Gomez
                                                 Trent                                          Robbo
                                                                Gini        Thiago

Jota          Salah      Mane

Something like that, maybe, Hendo being Virgil  commanding the back line,

But more likely we’ll see this.....

Allison
                                              Trent     Williams    Gomez   Robbo
                                                       Milner    Hendo     Gini
                                                     Salah     Bobby      Mane

If Thiago is fit he’s in & Jimmy out....

What’s important here is getting the three points no matter what, sh*t, I’d even advocate parking a f***in bus and hitting them on the counter, like what some do to us, but I’d like to believe we are better than that, and we are, but when the chips are down you do what you can to win, temporarily of course !

2-1 Champions

Y  N  W  A
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Reply #18: Oct 29, 2020 11:55:51 pm
      Well if Jotta is in, someone has to be dropped. We can’t try and include him at the expense of our tried and tested 4-3-3. Playing 4-2-3-1 just doesn’t cut it, and our midfield get over run
      We will play that at our peril v hammers.
      We will be too good for them if we play to our strengths.
      3:1 to the Red Men
      Scottbot

• 9,537 posts | 2126 
      Reply #19: Oct 30, 2020 12:40:27 am
      Hard to figure out if Klopp will play Henderson at CB or will he go with young Williams. I’m going for the former. I think you have to go with experience. That would bring Jones into midfield to play alongside Gini and Milner. Am hoping we play three genuine midfielders, Jürgen has tinkered with the shape a couple of times and it’s not really worked.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Oct 30, 2020 06:14:58 am
      Nat Phillips to start.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,050 posts | 82 
      Reply #21: Oct 30, 2020 07:23:17 am
      I don't want Klopp to risk guys like Matip, Thiago or Keita. We are better than West Ham, no matter what team we feature.
      rossyred

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #22: Oct 30, 2020 08:50:21 am

What actual game time has he had since start of season ?

Quick Reply