Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)

Read 6603 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Oct 29, 2020 05:04:49 pm
      Liverpool resume their Premier League title attack with a home match against West Ham this Saturday. The team have been dealing with more than their share of injuries so far and questions remain about just who JĆ¼rgen Klopp can call upon for this gamae.

West Ham have 2 wins, 2 losses and 2 draws from the young season, with the most result fixture being a 1-1 draw with Man City. This https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/oct/23/tomas-soucek-we-went-to-hackney-marshes-it-was-incredible is a bit about Tomas Soucek, a new player for the Hammers who has been called "the new Fellaini" (obviously by someone who doesn't like him, but he seems a decent sort). He is a (very) tall midfielder. Leading scorers in the league thus far are Antonio and Jarod Bowen with 3 goals each. Antonio is a doubt for Saturday.

Who they'll face is anybody's guess. So please, offer your guesses.

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2020 08:53:21 pm by Robby The Z »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2804 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat.. 31 Oct. 5:3 pm)
      Reply #1: Oct 29, 2020 05:19:52 pm
      Good man Bobby.

Antonio out for them would be a welcomed bonus. Either way I think with whats available to us Id like to see less of a high line.

They are in really good form so this will be tough. We arent playing well lately.

Id revert to 4 3 3. Id play Williams alongside Joe with Hendo Gini and Shaq my 3 middle men. I think Shaqs ability to see the pass will be vital

Alisson
      Trent      Williams     Joe   Robbo

Hendo    Shaq   Gini

Mane             Mo            Jota
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat.. 31 Oct. 5:3 pm)
      Reply #2: Oct 29, 2020 05:31:09 pm
      Have no idea on who is available in midfield or not, but for the most part the lineup makes itself

Alisson
      Trent Rhys Gomez Robbo
                 Hendo
         Gini              Keita
      Salah    Bobby   Mane

The starting 3 have gotten a match's worth of rest the past week (came off with 30m left against Ajax and came on with 30m left against Midty) so they will be ready to go.
      Keny
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | 26 
      Reply #3: Oct 29, 2020 05:38:15 pm
      I guess Klopp would put Hendo into the CB position, instead of Rhys, in league games.

Trent Hendo Gomez Robbo
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #4: Oct 29, 2020 05:42:49 pm
                            ALI
      TAA          MATIP    JOE       ROBBO

THIAGO   HENDO   GINI/NABY

MO                      MANE                JOTA
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5: Oct 29, 2020 05:56:13 pm
      Even if Antonio is out they still have some bloke in midfield that Mourinho a few weeks back labelled the new Fellaini. Thomas Soucek the blokes name.

An aerial bombardment is on it's way.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #6: Oct 29, 2020 06:01:53 pm
      Would love to do another one over "The Chosen One". But they drew a world class opponent in City on their last match. We need to be alert. No pissing about.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #7: Oct 29, 2020 06:06:33 pm
      Even if Antonio is out they still have some bloke in midfield that Mourinho a few weeks back labelled the new Fellaini. Thomas Soucek the blokes name.

Fellani doesn't just offer aerial bombardment, but a lot more rubbish that is relatable to Sergio Ramos. Thinking about anything blue makes me blood pressure rocket.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #8: Oct 29, 2020 06:10:41 pm

Haller as well defending set pieces crucial
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #9: Oct 29, 2020 06:26:16 pm
      When is Thiago due back?  Whenever he's fit, he's straight back into the starting 11.  Hopefully its this weekend. 

Agree with Brian that Jota needs to be in the 11 as well.  JĆ¼rgen tends to stick with who he knows and trusts, so I expect Bobby to continue to lead the line meaning Shaq will find himself back on the bench.

It will be interesting to see if JĆ¼rgen moves one of Gini or Hendo (or both) to CB, or if he does anything to tweak the formation.  I've always been a fan of the 3-4-3 formation.  It would be interesting to see something like this:

Ali
      Hendo - Gomez - Gini
      Thiago
      Trent                                Robbo
      Jota
      Mo - Bobby - Mane
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Oct 29, 2020 06:32:36 pm
      Without VVD teams like WH, with big lads, am sure they will look to get crosses in and win challenges in the air, collect knockdowns and put us under pressure. I would.
      VVD was such a collossus you'd never get the better of him over 90 mins.
      We just have to try an deal with this and be more clinical up front.
      Who starts at the back with Joe? I'd go with Hendo it we can have 3 from Gini/Thiago/Keita/Milner across the middle.
      Think the front 3 plus someone like Jones, or Jota, might leave us not winning enough of the challenges in midfield.
      Maybe Jota might be pushing for a place in the front 3 with Bobs form a bit off.
      Not expecting an easy game, but hopefully we can grind another win out...
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #11: Oct 29, 2020 06:46:40 pm
      West Ham have had a decent start to their season. They will not be taken likely, despite our injury woes, I expect  the Reds to beat the hammers in what could be quite an exciting clash.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Oct 29, 2020 07:31:14 pm
      This will be a tough one no doubt.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13: Oct 29, 2020 07:40:53 pm
      They are in good form but we are due a good game again, I fancy us to win 3-1.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #14: Oct 29, 2020 08:11:38 pm

Iā€™ve been impressed with him, a good player
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #15: Oct 29, 2020 08:57:30 pm
      Fellani doesn't just offer aerial bombardment, but a lot more rubbish that is relatable to Sergio Ramos. Thinking about anything blue makes me blood pressure rocket.

As I mentioned in the OP, this fellow Soucek seems like a good person - good story anyway about his upbringing in a small town, etc. So I despite his being tall, he's probably nothing like Fellaini, who is just dirty.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #16: Oct 29, 2020 09:04:12 pm
      When is Thiago due back?  Whenever he's fit, he's straight back into the starting 11.  Hopefully its this weekend. 

Agree with Brian that Jota needs to be in the 11 as well.  JĆ¼rgen tends to stick with who he knows and trusts, so I expect Bobby to continue to lead the line meaning Shaq will find himself back on the bench.

It will be interesting to see if JĆ¼rgen moves one of Gini or Hendo (or both) to CB, or if he does anything to tweak the formation.  I've always been a fan of the 3-4-3 formation.  It would be interesting to see something like this:

Ali
      Hendo - Gomez - Gini
      Thiago
      Trent                                Robbo
      Jota
      Mo - Bobby - Mane

Just looked at video and pics from today's training:

No Thiago. No Matip.

Nat Phillips was there and I suspect he will start alongside Gomez - just a hunch. I also expect Curtis Jones to start in midfield rather than Shaq.

So....
      Alisson
      Trent, Phillips, Gomez, Robbo
      Hendo, Gini, Curtis Jones
      Sadio, Bobby, Mo
      Subs: Adrian, Neco Williams, Rhys Williams, Milner, Shaqiri, Jota, Minamino.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Reply #17: Oct 29, 2020 09:30:46 pm
      Bubble blowers donā€™t scare us, even on our worst days we are more than capable of doing these, yes they have upped their game recently but old bog eyes has never beaten us as a manager and I expect that trend to continue,
      The odds will have course shortened since we have a make shift central defence, however, we do have players who can ā€˜fill inā€™ temporarily and have enough nous to hamper attacks from the east enders, meanwhile at the other end there is no question that their defence will be under severe scrutiny from our trophy laden trio and Iā€™d hazard a guess that weā€™d most definitely come out on top for goals scored,

So how do we set up ?  If we go three at the back(unlikely) Iā€™d have Hendo in between young Rhys & Gomez, with Thiago if fit, & Gini as two 6ā€™s, Trent & Robbo flanking them with the three amigos up top, but instead of Bobby, Iā€™d slot Jota in instead......

Alisson

Williams     Hendo    Gomez
                                                 Trent                                          Robbo
                                                                Gini        Thiago

Jota          Salah      Mane

Something like that, maybe, Hendo being Virgil  commanding the back line,

But more likely weā€™ll see this.....

Allison
                                              Trent     Williams    Gomez   Robbo
                                                       Milner    Hendo     Gini
                                                     Salah     Bobby      Mane

If Thiago is fit heā€™s in & Jimmy out....

Whatā€™s important here is getting the three points no matter what, sh*t, Iā€™d even advocate parking a f***in bus and hitting them on the counter, like what some do to us, but Iā€™d like to believe we are better than that, and we are, but when the chips are down you do what you can to win, temporarily of course !

2-1 Champions

Y  N  W  A
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Reply #18: Oct 29, 2020 11:55:51 pm
      Well if Jotta is in, someone has to be dropped. We canā€™t try and include him at the expense of our tried and tested 4-3-3. Playing 4-2-3-1 just doesnā€™t cut it, and our midfield get over run
      We will play that at our peril v hammers.
      We will be too good for them if we play to our strengths.
      3:1 to the Red Men
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #19: Oct 30, 2020 12:40:27 am
      Hard to figure out if Klopp will play Henderson at CB or will he go with young Williams. Iā€™m going for the former. I think you have to go with experience. That would bring Jones into midfield to play alongside Gini and Milner. Am hoping we play three genuine midfielders, JĆ¼rgen has tinkered with the shape a couple of times and itā€™s not really worked.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Oct 30, 2020 06:14:58 am
      Nat Phillips to start.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,107 posts | 83 
      Reply #21: Oct 30, 2020 07:23:17 am
      I don't want Klopp to risk guys like Matip, Thiago or Keita. We are better than West Ham, no matter what team we feature.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #22: Oct 30, 2020 08:50:21 am

What actual game time has he had since start of season ?
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Reply #23: Oct 30, 2020 08:59:26 am
      If we are facing an aerial threat then I think young Rhys should play, from what I've seen so far he is good in the air (probably helped by the fact he's massive). Jordan doesn't cut in aerial challenges, Gini is much better and lets be honest even Joe seems to struggle with positioning at times under high looped balls.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #24: Oct 30, 2020 09:26:58 am
      I get that Phillips had more experience but surely of he was a more serious option we wouldn't have seen Rhys Williams get game time?

For me I would go with Williams and Gomez with Hendo as the DM to help look after the young lad of needed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Oct 30, 2020 09:37:59 am
      Play Nat and Joe at CB with Hendo in front of them, then have Gini and Shaq/Jones in midfield or we could try Bobby as AM and play Jota, Sadio and Mo at our forwards.

I think we need to be careful not to go to defensive in this game, we need to have a quick attack, certainly much much quicker than on Tuesday.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: Oct 30, 2020 09:52:46 am
      Antonio out for West Ham. I wonder does that change Klopp's thinking now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #27: Oct 30, 2020 09:54:59 am
      I think the way to beat West Ham is to simply outscore them. There is a fair chance there could be quite a few goals tomorrow, especially with our attack !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Oct 30, 2020 09:56:32 am

That's the first bit of luck we've had in a while, still plenty of danger in that West Ham team though so we need to be sharp.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #29: Oct 30, 2020 10:11:20 am
                              Alisson
           Trent      Phillips Gomez      Robbo
                   Henderson Wijnaldum                         (as both no. 6 to protection our defense)
                             Firmino
      Jota                                     Mane
                            Salah

Jd, please add the youngsters in the team builder.

We need this match so much to build a good foundation for the City game. I'm off to weekend break so I won't be able to watch the match or create the live thread. It's up to you now, Damzel.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #30: Oct 30, 2020 10:27:58 am
                              Alisson
           Trent      Phillips Gomez      Robbo
                   Henderson Wijnaldum                         (as both no. 6 to protection our defense)
                             Firmino
      Jota                                     Mane
                            Salah

Jd, please add the youngsters in the team builder.

We need this match so much to build a good foundation for the City game. I'm off to weekend break so I won't be able to watch the match or create the live thread. It's up to you now, Damzel.

I don't like Jota out on the left he is far better on the right or central.

Would be tempted to play Jota up top and rest Bobby.

Thiago surely plays in midfield if he's fit.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #31: Oct 30, 2020 12:11:33 pm
      That's the first bit of luck we've had in a while, still plenty of danger in that West Ham team though so we need to be sharp.

They have another direct long ball outlet in Haller, donā€™t think Moyes will do anything other than park the bus and send it long.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #32: Oct 30, 2020 12:45:33 pm
      Back to 4-3-3 whatever happens.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #33: Oct 30, 2020 12:54:37 pm
      Moyes has never won at Anfield and he won't win tomorrow.
      He'll do what he normally does at Anfield and put his 11 men behind the ball and wait for those scraps of opportunities which will inevitably come his way.. I just hope whoever JĆ¼rgen plays across the back four stay tight and communicate with each other.

We'll need Thiago back in midfield to unlock their defence.. even if it's only for an hour or so.

We need to be more direct than what we were on Tuesday that's for sure..

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #34: Oct 30, 2020 01:02:00 pm
      It eases my mind anyway thatā€™s for sure !
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #35: Oct 30, 2020 01:03:47 pm
      I seen some suggestions that Tuesday was 4231 and I donā€™t agree with it at all. Tuesday was definitely 433.

Last Saturday though was not our usual 433.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36: Oct 30, 2020 01:32:48 pm
      I get that Phillips had more experience but surely of he was a more serious option we wouldn't have seen Rhys Williams get game time?

For me I would go with Williams and Gomez with Hendo as the DM to help look after the young lad of needed.

They didn't put him in the CL squad because he was going to be sold, but the deal fell through.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #37: Oct 30, 2020 01:57:25 pm
      People calling for Philipps to play do realize he hasn't played a competitive  game since last season dont they ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Oct 30, 2020 02:19:25 pm
      People calling for Philipps to play do realize he hasn't played a competitive  game since last season dont they ?

Didn't he play in the League cup? In any case we don't have many options.
      Kopite78
      Reply #39: Oct 30, 2020 02:22:42 pm
      Didn't he play in the League cup?

No, wasnt even in either squad for the league cup
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Oct 30, 2020 02:31:39 pm
      What actual game time has he had since start of season ?

Ask me after tomorrow's game.  ;D
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #41: Oct 30, 2020 02:32:22 pm
      Rhys Williams is good enough for me, I just worry he doesn't have the upper body strength he needs against some of the more bullying PL strikers..
      Henderson can play centre half couldn't he? at a push... with Thiago in front of him and Gomez
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #42: Oct 30, 2020 02:36:12 pm
      Didn't he play in the League cup? In any case we don't have many options.

Not played since June far as I can see
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Oct 30, 2020 02:42:11 pm
      Not played since June far as I can see

Just against Stuttgart in preseason.

Rhys probably is more likely, you are right. But JĆ¼rgen keeps mentioning Nat and the fallen-through transfer as the reason he's not registered for Europe.

rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #44: Oct 30, 2020 03:05:53 pm
      Just against Stuttgart in preseason.

Rhys probably is more likely, you are right. But JĆ¼rgen keeps mentioning Nat and the fallen-through transfer as the reason he's not registered for Europe.

Agree he is more experienced and possibly at this stage in both careers better I am not saying it will be Rhys either strange he has not been playing for U23s though unless because of the transfer and stopping someone else playing
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Oct 30, 2020 04:29:48 pm
      Agree he is more experienced and possibly at this stage in both careers better I am not saying it will be Rhys either strange he has not been playing for U23s though unless because of the transfer and stopping someone else playing

yeah i think it's clear that because of all the current events, this most recent transfer window was a different animal for the club - didn't go entirely as anticipated.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #46: Oct 30, 2020 04:45:17 pm
      Klopp confirms no Thiago, no Naby and no Fab for tomorrow. He interestingly didn't mention Matip so.....maybe.

EDIT: My bad - Klopp did add "we will see" about Naby and Thiago.

« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2020 05:20:00 pm by Robby The Z »
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #47: Oct 30, 2020 05:03:00 pm
      Klopp confirms no Thiago, no Naby and no Fab for tomorrow. He interestingly didn't mention Matip so.....maybe.

Don't think he confirmed out said will see so I am clinging on to that small hope
      Kopite78
      Reply #48: Oct 30, 2020 05:04:38 pm

I thought hed already ruled him out before the WIFI code team the other night

Could be wrong like
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #49: Oct 30, 2020 05:10:09 pm
      Don't think he confirmed out said will see so I am clinging on to that small hope

For Thiago and Naby obviously  Fab no chance
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Oct 30, 2020 05:19:16 pm
      For Thiago and Naby obviously  Fab no chance

I see what you mean about we will see. The article to me makes it seem unlikely either will play, but as he and you say "we will see."  :)

Here's the article from the official site:

Liverpool will continue to monitor the fitness of Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita as they close in on a return to action.

JĆ¼rgen Klopp reported on Friday the duo are making good progress in their respective rehabilitation programmes; however, he confirmed the Reds will err on the side of caution with the midfielders.

The manager told his pre-West Ham United press conference: ā€œBoth are on a good way, thatā€™s how it is with rehab or recovery.

ā€œYou saw the incident, how it happened, with Thiago so that obviously needs now a little bit of time to settle.

ā€œNobody can say exactly how long because nothing is ruptured and nothing is broken or stuff like this. Heā€™s desperate to make the next steps.

ā€œIf he will be ready for tomorrow, we will see. Same with Naby, just a different kind of injury, I would say.

ā€œThe thing is then, when the boys train normally, in an ideal world you give them enough time to prepare for not only one game but for the next 10, 15 or 20 games ā€“ or 30 or 40 games.

ā€œIf somebody is in training again that doesnā€™t mean you can use them immediately. Sometimes we have to, but as much as we can avoid it we should try to do that.

ā€œI donā€™t feel in a rush with the boys. We have a meeting with the medical department every day and they tell me how it looks in a specific case and thatā€™s the information I work with.

ā€œI cannot rush it and Iā€™m not in the mood to do it, so I just make sure with the available boys we make the best of the situation.ā€
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #51: Oct 30, 2020 05:37:44 pm
      At 6ā€™ 4ā€ Soucek will be a huge threat to our VVD less defence.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #52: Oct 30, 2020 06:11:46 pm

Biggest danger will be from set pieces
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #53: Oct 30, 2020 06:57:44 pm
      I see what you mean about we will see. The article to me makes it seem unlikely either will play, but as he and you say "we will see."  :)

Here's the article from the official site:

Liverpool will continue to monitor the fitness of Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita as they close in on a return to action.

JĆ¼rgen Klopp reported on Friday the duo are making good progress in their respective rehabilitation programmes; however, he confirmed the Reds will err on the side of caution with the midfielders.

The manager told his pre-West Ham United press conference: ā€œBoth are on a good way, thatā€™s how it is with rehab or recovery.

ā€œYou saw the incident, how it happened, with Thiago so that obviously needs now a little bit of time to settle.

ā€œNobody can say exactly how long because nothing is ruptured and nothing is broken or stuff like this. Heā€™s desperate to make the next steps.

ā€œIf he will be ready for tomorrow, we will see. Same with Naby, just a different kind of injury, I would say.

ā€œThe thing is then, when the boys train normally, in an ideal world you give them enough time to prepare for not only one game but for the next 10, 15 or 20 games ā€“ or 30 or 40 games.

ā€œIf somebody is in training again that doesnā€™t mean you can use them immediately. Sometimes we have to, but as much as we can avoid it we should try to do that.

ā€œI donā€™t feel in a rush with the boys. We have a meeting with the medical department every day and they tell me how it looks in a specific case and thatā€™s the information I work with.

ā€œI cannot rush it and Iā€™m not in the mood to do it, so I just make sure with the available boys we make the best of the situation.ā€

Think Thiago will play some part
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #54: Oct 30, 2020 08:46:03 pm
      Biggest danger will be from set pieces

Thatā€™s why I think itā€™s important that Williams plays because heā€™s bloody tall
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #55: Oct 31, 2020 11:56:10 am
      He attacks crosses and corners like no other, human battering ramp
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #56: Oct 31, 2020 11:58:59 am
      I guess Klopp would put Hendo into the CB position, instead of Rhys, in league games.

Trent Hendo Gomez Robbo

Or not!! Give young Rhys the chance to prove he can play tgere instead of constantly trying to find square pegs for round holes. Give the kid his chance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Reply #57: Oct 31, 2020 11:59:51 am

Think he's still less of a threat than Antonio
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #58: Oct 31, 2020 01:19:17 pm
      I do hope we show a bit of faith in either Rhys Williams or Nat Phillips tonight.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #59: Oct 31, 2020 01:30:06 pm
      I do hope we show a bit of faith in either Rhys Williams or Nat Phillips tonight.

We'll have to mate if Matip isn't starting.

I'd guess young Rhys will play.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #60: Oct 31, 2020 01:36:13 pm
      Short of Matip being available (yea right), Rhys should be starting. No need to put Hendo or Gini in cb when you have him ready to go. Itā€™s his time to shine and show he belongs and show the boss he was right in giving him a chance instead of bringing in someone else.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #61: Oct 31, 2020 01:44:14 pm
      We'll have to mate if Matip isn't starting.

I'd guess young Rhys will play.

Meant that I'd rather give one of them a go than move Hendo or Gini back there.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #62: Oct 31, 2020 01:53:57 pm

But it would take at least 6-8 games for these younger players to get a grip of it. And that could cost us points. I think he will go with Hendo at the back if Thiago makes it. Could even go with Milner in the back 4.

I would go Allisson,Trent, Milner,Gomez,Robbo,Hendo,Shaqiri,Gini,Mo,Jota,Mane. If Thiago doesn't make it.

I'd like to see Shaq given that central midfield position. He does see stuff and has a bit of imagination.
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2020 02:05:05 pm by Harrisimo »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #63: Oct 31, 2020 02:33:22 pm
      If a youngster does start at the back, I hope Antonio is not playing or is having a off day, and I really hope they have a good game, the bloodbath afterwards from the dreaded social media keyboard warriors will be immense if itā€™s their mistake...
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #64: Oct 31, 2020 02:46:37 pm
      If a youngster does start at the back, I hope Antonio is not playing or is having a off day, and I really hope they have a good game, the bloodbath afterwards from the dreaded social media keyboard warriors will be immense if itā€™s their mistake...

Antonio not playing will most probably be Haller and Bowen
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #65: Oct 31, 2020 02:52:23 pm
      He attacks crosses and corners like no other, human battering ramp

Even better than Calvert Lewin? If so then we are in deep sh*t potentially.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #66: Oct 31, 2020 03:10:57 pm
      Tough match this today, we'll need to be aware of the dangers from them, but I still think we've got enough in the tank to get the win.
      Come on you mighty redmen, let's do this !
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #67: Oct 31, 2020 04:17:00 pm
      I have a feeling there will be goals today. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet even if they are without Antonio. 3:2 win here I'd say.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,508 posts | 1476 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #68: Oct 31, 2020 04:31:39 pm
      Phillips starts

Quick Reply