Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)

Read 6606 times
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 566 posts | 128 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Reply #23: Oct 30, 2020 08:59:26 am
      If we are facing an aerial threat then I think young Rhys should play, from what I've seen so far he is good in the air (probably helped by the fact he's massive). Jordan doesn't cut in aerial challenges, Gini is much better and lets be honest even Joe seems to struggle with positioning at times under high looped balls.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Reply #24: Oct 30, 2020 09:26:58 am
      I get that Phillips had more experience but surely of he was a more serious option we wouldn't have seen Rhys Williams get game time?

For me I would go with Williams and Gomez with Hendo as the DM to help look after the young lad of needed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Oct 30, 2020 09:37:59 am
      Play Nat and Joe at CB with Hendo in front of them, then have Gini and Shaq/Jones in midfield or we could try Bobby as AM and play Jota, Sadio and Mo at our forwards.

I think we need to be careful not to go to defensive in this game, we need to have a quick attack, certainly much much quicker than on Tuesday.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #26: Oct 30, 2020 09:52:46 am
      Antonio out for West Ham. I wonder does that change Klopp's thinking now.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #27: Oct 30, 2020 09:54:59 am
      I think the way to beat West Ham is to simply outscore them. There is a fair chance there could be quite a few goals tomorrow, especially with our attack !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Oct 30, 2020 09:56:32 am

That's the first bit of luck we've had in a while, still plenty of danger in that West Ham team though so we need to be sharp.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #29: Oct 30, 2020 10:11:20 am
                              Alisson
           Trent      Phillips Gomez      Robbo
                   Henderson Wijnaldum                         (as both no. 6 to protection our defense)
                             Firmino
      Jota                                     Mane
                            Salah

Jd, please add the youngsters in the team builder.

We need this match so much to build a good foundation for the City game. I'm off to weekend break so I won't be able to watch the match or create the live thread. It's up to you now, Damzel.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #30: Oct 30, 2020 10:27:58 am
                              Alisson
           Trent      Phillips Gomez      Robbo
                   Henderson Wijnaldum                         (as both no. 6 to protection our defense)
                             Firmino
      Jota                                     Mane
                            Salah

Jd, please add the youngsters in the team builder.

We need this match so much to build a good foundation for the City game. I'm off to weekend break so I won't be able to watch the match or create the live thread. It's up to you now, Damzel.

I don't like Jota out on the left he is far better on the right or central.

Would be tempted to play Jota up top and rest Bobby.

Thiago surely plays in midfield if he's fit.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #31: Oct 30, 2020 12:11:33 pm
      That's the first bit of luck we've had in a while, still plenty of danger in that West Ham team though so we need to be sharp.

They have another direct long ball outlet in Haller, don’t think Moyes will do anything other than park the bus and send it long.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #32: Oct 30, 2020 12:45:33 pm
      Back to 4-3-3 whatever happens.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #33: Oct 30, 2020 12:54:37 pm
      Moyes has never won at Anfield and he won't win tomorrow.
      He'll do what he normally does at Anfield and put his 11 men behind the ball and wait for those scraps of opportunities which will inevitably come his way.. I just hope whoever Jürgen plays across the back four stay tight and communicate with each other.

We'll need Thiago back in midfield to unlock their defence.. even if it's only for an hour or so.

We need to be more direct than what we were on Tuesday that's for sure..

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #34: Oct 30, 2020 01:02:00 pm
      It eases my mind anyway that’s for sure !
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #35: Oct 30, 2020 01:03:47 pm
      I seen some suggestions that Tuesday was 4231 and I don’t agree with it at all. Tuesday was definitely 433.

Last Saturday though was not our usual 433.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36: Oct 30, 2020 01:32:48 pm
      I get that Phillips had more experience but surely of he was a more serious option we wouldn't have seen Rhys Williams get game time?

For me I would go with Williams and Gomez with Hendo as the DM to help look after the young lad of needed.

They didn't put him in the CL squad because he was going to be sold, but the deal fell through.
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #37: Oct 30, 2020 01:57:25 pm
      People calling for Philipps to play do realize he hasn't played a competitive  game since last season dont they ?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #38: Oct 30, 2020 02:19:25 pm
      People calling for Philipps to play do realize he hasn't played a competitive  game since last season dont they ?

Didn't he play in the League cup? In any case we don't have many options.
      Kopite78
      Reply #39: Oct 30, 2020 02:22:42 pm
      Didn't he play in the League cup?

No, wasnt even in either squad for the league cup
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Oct 30, 2020 02:31:39 pm
      What actual game time has he had since start of season ?

Ask me after tomorrow's game.  ;D
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #41: Oct 30, 2020 02:32:22 pm
      Rhys Williams is good enough for me, I just worry he doesn't have the upper body strength he needs against some of the more bullying PL strikers..
      Henderson can play centre half couldn't he? at a push... with Thiago in front of him and Gomez
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #42: Oct 30, 2020 02:36:12 pm
      Didn't he play in the League cup? In any case we don't have many options.

Not played since June far as I can see
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Oct 30, 2020 02:42:11 pm
      Not played since June far as I can see

Just against Stuttgart in preseason.

Rhys probably is more likely, you are right. But Jürgen keeps mentioning Nat and the fallen-through transfer as the reason he's not registered for Europe.

rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #44: Oct 30, 2020 03:05:53 pm
      Just against Stuttgart in preseason.

Rhys probably is more likely, you are right. But Jürgen keeps mentioning Nat and the fallen-through transfer as the reason he's not registered for Europe.

Agree he is more experienced and possibly at this stage in both careers better I am not saying it will be Rhys either strange he has not been playing for U23s though unless because of the transfer and stopping someone else playing
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Oct 30, 2020 04:29:48 pm
      Agree he is more experienced and possibly at this stage in both careers better I am not saying it will be Rhys either strange he has not been playing for U23s though unless because of the transfer and stopping someone else playing

yeah i think it's clear that because of all the current events, this most recent transfer window was a different animal for the club - didn't go entirely as anticipated.

Quick Reply