Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)

Read 6475 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Reply #46: Oct 30, 2020 04:45:17 pm
      Klopp confirms no Thiago, no Naby and no Fab for tomorrow. He interestingly didn't mention Matip so.....maybe.

EDIT: My bad - Klopp did add "we will see" about Naby and Thiago.

« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2020 05:20:00 pm by Robby The Z »
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool vs. West Ham; English Premier League (Sat. 31 Oct. 5:30 pm)
      Reply #47: Oct 30, 2020 05:03:00 pm
      Klopp confirms no Thiago, no Naby and no Fab for tomorrow. He interestingly didn't mention Matip so.....maybe.

Don't think he confirmed out said will see so I am clinging on to that small hope
      Kopite78
      Reply #48: Oct 30, 2020 05:04:38 pm

I thought hed already ruled him out before the WIFI code team the other night

Could be wrong like
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #49: Oct 30, 2020 05:10:09 pm
      Don't think he confirmed out said will see so I am clinging on to that small hope

For Thiago and Naby obviously  Fab no chance
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Oct 30, 2020 05:19:16 pm
      For Thiago and Naby obviously  Fab no chance

I see what you mean about we will see. The article to me makes it seem unlikely either will play, but as he and you say "we will see."  :)

Here's the article from the official site:

Liverpool will continue to monitor the fitness of Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita as they close in on a return to action.

Jürgen Klopp reported on Friday the duo are making good progress in their respective rehabilitation programmes; however, he confirmed the Reds will err on the side of caution with the midfielders.

The manager told his pre-West Ham United press conference: “Both are on a good way, that’s how it is with rehab or recovery.

“You saw the incident, how it happened, with Thiago so that obviously needs now a little bit of time to settle.

“Nobody can say exactly how long because nothing is ruptured and nothing is broken or stuff like this. He’s desperate to make the next steps.

“If he will be ready for tomorrow, we will see. Same with Naby, just a different kind of injury, I would say.

“The thing is then, when the boys train normally, in an ideal world you give them enough time to prepare for not only one game but for the next 10, 15 or 20 games – or 30 or 40 games.

“If somebody is in training again that doesn’t mean you can use them immediately. Sometimes we have to, but as much as we can avoid it we should try to do that.

“I don’t feel in a rush with the boys. We have a meeting with the medical department every day and they tell me how it looks in a specific case and that’s the information I work with.

“I cannot rush it and I’m not in the mood to do it, so I just make sure with the available boys we make the best of the situation.”
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #51: Oct 30, 2020 05:37:44 pm
      At 6’ 4” Soucek will be a huge threat to our VVD less defence.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #52: Oct 30, 2020 06:11:46 pm

Biggest danger will be from set pieces
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #53: Oct 30, 2020 06:57:44 pm
      I see what you mean about we will see. The article to me makes it seem unlikely either will play, but as he and you say "we will see."  :)

Here's the article from the official site:

Liverpool will continue to monitor the fitness of Thiago Alcantara and Naby Keita as they close in on a return to action.

Jürgen Klopp reported on Friday the duo are making good progress in their respective rehabilitation programmes; however, he confirmed the Reds will err on the side of caution with the midfielders.

The manager told his pre-West Ham United press conference: “Both are on a good way, that’s how it is with rehab or recovery.

“You saw the incident, how it happened, with Thiago so that obviously needs now a little bit of time to settle.

“Nobody can say exactly how long because nothing is ruptured and nothing is broken or stuff like this. He’s desperate to make the next steps.

“If he will be ready for tomorrow, we will see. Same with Naby, just a different kind of injury, I would say.

“The thing is then, when the boys train normally, in an ideal world you give them enough time to prepare for not only one game but for the next 10, 15 or 20 games – or 30 or 40 games.

“If somebody is in training again that doesn’t mean you can use them immediately. Sometimes we have to, but as much as we can avoid it we should try to do that.

“I don’t feel in a rush with the boys. We have a meeting with the medical department every day and they tell me how it looks in a specific case and that’s the information I work with.

“I cannot rush it and I’m not in the mood to do it, so I just make sure with the available boys we make the best of the situation.”

Think Thiago will play some part
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #54: Oct 30, 2020 08:46:03 pm
      Biggest danger will be from set pieces

That’s why I think it’s important that Williams plays because he’s bloody tall
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #55: Oct 31, 2020 11:56:10 am
      He attacks crosses and corners like no other, human battering ramp
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #56: Oct 31, 2020 11:58:59 am
      I guess Klopp would put Hendo into the CB position, instead of Rhys, in league games.

Trent Hendo Gomez Robbo

Or not!! Give young Rhys the chance to prove he can play tgere instead of constantly trying to find square pegs for round holes. Give the kid his chance.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #57: Oct 31, 2020 11:59:51 am

Think he's still less of a threat than Antonio
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #58: Oct 31, 2020 01:19:17 pm
      I do hope we show a bit of faith in either Rhys Williams or Nat Phillips tonight.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #59: Oct 31, 2020 01:30:06 pm
      I do hope we show a bit of faith in either Rhys Williams or Nat Phillips tonight.

We'll have to mate if Matip isn't starting.

I'd guess young Rhys will play.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #60: Oct 31, 2020 01:36:13 pm
      Short of Matip being available (yea right), Rhys should be starting. No need to put Hendo or Gini in cb when you have him ready to go. It’s his time to shine and show he belongs and show the boss he was right in giving him a chance instead of bringing in someone else.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #61: Oct 31, 2020 01:44:14 pm
      We'll have to mate if Matip isn't starting.

I'd guess young Rhys will play.

Meant that I'd rather give one of them a go than move Hendo or Gini back there.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #62: Oct 31, 2020 01:53:57 pm

But it would take at least 6-8 games for these younger players to get a grip of it. And that could cost us points. I think he will go with Hendo at the back if Thiago makes it. Could even go with Milner in the back 4.

I would go Allisson,Trent, Milner,Gomez,Robbo,Hendo,Shaqiri,Gini,Mo,Jota,Mane. If Thiago doesn't make it.

I'd like to see Shaq given that central midfield position. He does see stuff and has a bit of imagination.
      « Last Edit: Oct 31, 2020 02:05:05 pm by Harrisimo »
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #63: Oct 31, 2020 02:33:22 pm
      If a youngster does start at the back, I hope Antonio is not playing or is having a off day, and I really hope they have a good game, the bloodbath afterwards from the dreaded social media keyboard warriors will be immense if it’s their mistake...
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #64: Oct 31, 2020 02:46:37 pm
      If a youngster does start at the back, I hope Antonio is not playing or is having a off day, and I really hope they have a good game, the bloodbath afterwards from the dreaded social media keyboard warriors will be immense if it’s their mistake...

Antonio not playing will most probably be Haller and Bowen
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #65: Oct 31, 2020 02:52:23 pm
      He attacks crosses and corners like no other, human battering ramp

Even better than Calvert Lewin? If so then we are in deep sh*t potentially.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #66: Oct 31, 2020 03:10:57 pm
      Tough match this today, we'll need to be aware of the dangers from them, but I still think we've got enough in the tank to get the win.
      Come on you mighty redmen, let's do this !
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,709 posts | 162 
      Reply #67: Oct 31, 2020 04:17:00 pm
      I have a feeling there will be goals today. I can't see us keeping a clean sheet even if they are without Antonio. 3:2 win here I'd say.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #68: Oct 31, 2020 04:31:39 pm
      Phillips starts

Quick Reply