Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Nat Phillips
      61 (62.9%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (6.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      6 (6.2%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      17 (17.5%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      5 (5.2%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Nov 04, 2020 07:23:34 pm

Liverpool 2-1 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16235 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 West Ham United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Oct 31, 2020 10:29:32 pm
      Looks like we had a quality central defender hiding in plain sight. Sometimes does happen here, that quality goes under the radar because the standards are so high. Nat Phillips, 23, has proved he is a quality professional in coming in, cool as any seasoned pro, and giving an assured performance.

He might just calm Joe down a bit.

His biggest test will be next week.  A team that will attack us with intent.  It was a good performance but we controlled the game well.   The good thing is Williams will have a run out in midweek 2 so that will be two options becoming available for 3rd choice.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #438: Oct 31, 2020 11:08:03 pm
      Only just sent he highlights and great little ball for Jota from Shaqiri.

Jota really impressing me as much as I hoped.
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #439: Oct 31, 2020 11:18:01 pm
      MOTD saying correct decision for not giving Jotas first goal as Mane fouled goalkeeper. Maybe I have red tinted glasses on but Manes leg went under keeper and didnt impede him. Cant trust MOTD so what do you think?
      Also with the amount of cheating from VAR I couldn't give a flying f##k about Salah throwing himself to the ground with minimal contact to get a penalty. Looks like we have to start with the dark arts so VAR balances things out.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #440: Oct 31, 2020 11:23:21 pm
      MOTD saying correct decision for not giving Jotas first goal as Mane fouled goalkeeper. Maybe I have red tinted glasses on but Manes leg went under keeper and didnt impede him. Cant trust MOTD so what do you think?
      Also with the amount of cheating from VAR I couldn't give a flying f##k about Salah throwing himself to the ground with minimal contact to get a penalty. Looks like we have to start with the dark arts so VAR balances things out.

The more I look at it the more I think itā€™s deffo not a foul, the keeper is not actually complaining about the foul because he knows itā€™s not a foul
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #441: Oct 31, 2020 11:35:55 pm
      Looks like we had a quality central defender hiding in plain sight. Sometimes does happen here, that quality goes under the radar because the standards are so high. Nat Phillips, 23, has proved he is a quality professional in coming in, cool as any seasoned pro, and giving an assured performance.

He might just calm Joe down a bit.

Let's not get carried away Klopp obviously doesn't see his long term future here and one game does not tell us anything. Handled the aerial and physical stuff ok but was tested at all from one of the worst centre forward displays I have seen for a while
      rossyred

• 9,243 posts | 1652 
      Reply #442: Oct 31, 2020 11:36:54 pm
      The more I look at it the more I think itā€™s deffo not a foul, the keeper is not actually complaining about the foul because he knows itā€™s not a foul
      [/quote
      The foul was not given for the challenge on the keeper
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #443: Oct 31, 2020 11:38:11 pm

Did Mane impede their keeper. Friend didn't give it, if VAR wasn't sure they should've said "goal"....they are totally inconsistent.Either VAR has the final say or it doesn't.

The way it's set up is ludicrous.One week they give a decision which is clealy wrong, next week they say "not sure" and bounce it back to the ref. As far as next week goes...your guess is as good as mine..could say yes..could say no..could say it's not a clear and obvious error..even if it is an error..could tell the ref to go and look at the moniter...clear as mud.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #444: Nov 01, 2020 12:28:14 am
      Var gave it for foul on defender, seen it a few times and I still can not see it
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #445: Nov 01, 2020 04:03:58 am
      Jota for the winning goal. MOTM
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,911 posts | 4979 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #446: Nov 01, 2020 04:39:45 am
      Did Mane impede their keeper. Friend didn't give it, if VAR wasn't sure they should've said "goal"....they are totally inconsistent.Either VAR has the final say or it doesn't.

The way it's set up is ludicrous.One week they give a decision which is clealy wrong, next week they say "not sure" and bounce it back to the ref. As far as next week goes...your guess is as good as mine..could say yes..could say no..could say it's not a clear and obvious error..even if it is an error..could tell the ref to go and look at the moniter...clear as mud.

Spot on, those f***in tw*ts have got themselves in such a sh*t state now that no one wants to take the responsibility of actually coming to the right decision, there was no foul on Fabianski, nor was there a foul on the defender, so the Stockley park fuckwits couldnā€™t decide so pass the baton back to the not so friendly Kevin to go take a look at the monitor, and guess what he deems it a foul,

Now call me a cynic, but had the ref went to the monitor first Iā€™m betting that he would have said no foul, but he didnā€™t want to be seen as disagreeing with the tw*ts at Stockley park and said foul, he keeps his brownie points and Stockley park get their desired result without taking the responsibility.

Itā€™s a f***in farce, VAR is advanced technology designed to help the referees to achieve fairness and make the right and proper decisions, but unfortunately itā€™s been run by a bunch of amateurā€™s who have no idea about our sport, have never kicked a ball in anger and are simply going by the rule book, there is no room for common sense, no consistency,

Slowing down that footage would show Maneā€™s leg going under the keepers body, but VAR donā€™t look at that , they just see a foul, or potential foul and voila come to their decision which in this case was passing the buck back to the ref, so where then is the fairness

In Rugby, the footage of a incident is slowed down so the TMO(VAR) come to the right decision, why the F**k they donā€™t do the same in football is beyond me, isnā€™t that the whole point in have the technology, so as to come to the right and fairest decision, incidents happen every week in every game in rugby, league or union, but there is no fall out over the decisions made by their version of VAR, WHY, because they use the system as itā€™s designed for, instead of just a rule book, they look at the incident from all angles and slow it down then make a decision with the on field referee, and show the whole Caboodle on the giant screens in the stadium so fans are aware of whatā€™s happening,

You canā€™t tell me football canā€™t follow suit, for the good of the game itā€™s the only way forward, you either accept the technology and use it to its max, or you bin it and revert back to the referees on the pitch, and what they decide is gospel.

Y  N  W  A
      PolarBearRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 850 
      Reply #447: Nov 01, 2020 05:26:57 am
      <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">🤷🏻ā€ā™‚ļø <a href="https://t.co/IjSnZ1xWO0">https://t.co/IjSnZ1xWO0</a></p>&mdash; James Pearce (@JamesPearceLFC) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1322684708547973120?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Unbelievable. Absolute joke. Since the beginning of the season we've been hearing, ad nauseam, the same praise about a guy like Vardy for how good he is at winning penalties. He will literally dive 2 or 3 times a game, win a penalty (sometimes two) and those same bad jokes of pundits will sit in those same chairs and tell us, on a very praiseful tone, that ''Vardy knows how to win a penalty'' and that defenders ''have to be extra careful around him because he is good at making the most of it''.

Fast forward to a Liverpool game, the guy hacks Salah's foot, doesn't even contest it because he knows what he's done and those so called pundits bring out the violin and their best outraged tone and cry us a river about how ''they don't wanna see that in the game'' and how Mo is ''known for diving''

What a bunch of absolute muppets.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #448: Nov 01, 2020 08:16:25 am
      Think Shaq has resurrected his Liverpool career, but it will mainly be as a sub bcz he doesn't cover enough ground in the press. He's much more likely to come on when we are searching for a winner or equalizer late.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #449: Nov 01, 2020 08:35:23 am
      We're finding a way to win, just like we did last season. Our players dont let the heads drop, and thats down to Klopp. Gomez was at fault for their goal, he almost tried to get out of the way to avoid the risk of the ball hitting his arm when he should've been throwing himself in front of the shot like Van dijk would have.
      Gomez did have a good game after that though.
      As everyone has said, Jota for Firmino seems to be a no brainer. Maybe Bobby coming on from the bench might be more beneficial for us in future.
      Great to see Shaq getting some game time, long overdue imo. Shaq and Jota are two very intelligent players and bring an extra dimension to our attacking game.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #450: Nov 01, 2020 09:26:33 am

Agree, mate ,what exactly is the criteria for being the VAR man in the booth 20 miles away, from what I can fathom out its  the ability to draw a bendy line when Liverpool play and to have bouts of Amnesia when it comes to applying the rules when said Liverpool play.
      Mo`s doing a great job ( could pass a tad more but hey ,as long as we win ) they say over a season things even out I still think we get the shitty end of the stick, what about the pens we dont get,what about the goals that after analysis we find out that they were actually goals and the VAR man has rammed us again,we never get them back   ,they say the camera never lies, well  have a swatch a Jordan's winner against the blue sh*te, have a look at Pickford`s assault on big Virg,remember Sadios goal against the Mancs theres another one we didn't, the camera never lies pish, its who`s looking at the f***in camera and making the calls you want to have a serious with ,as for Souey away and throw sh*te at yersel Graham , Mo is doing what every forward in the world does the thing your missing is he gets nailed more than any other look at Vardy Kane , Sterling give yer head a wobble FFS.

Mon The Red Machine keep grinding them out

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #451: Nov 01, 2020 09:34:30 am
      Think Shaq has resurrected his Liverpool career, but it will mainly be as a sub bcz he doesn't cover enough ground in the press. He's much more likely to come on when we are searching for a winner or equalizer late.

I agree and that is the perfect role for him,impact sub, a burst of energy and trickery.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #452: Nov 01, 2020 09:46:44 am
      Nice to see Jota scoring, certainly seem to have an option to our front three. I think we will see quite a few goals from him, he will certainly be in contention for a starting place, in the side. Well done lads another 3 points, despite it not being a great game.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,665 posts | 883 
      Reply #453: Nov 01, 2020 10:07:09 am
      Bobby needs rest. He is still a vital part of the team but at his current form he needs to be on the bench and get last 10-15m every game to slowly get into form. We are just shattering his confidence by starting him every game.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #454: Nov 01, 2020 10:23:21 am
      Great win last night. No time to talk about VAR anymore but I bet they were gutted in the VAR room when they couldnā€™t rule out jotaā€™s goal that stood, cheeky bas**rds. Shaqiri and Jota the game changers but I went with Nat Phillips motm, what a performance, Haller gave up trying to win headers because Nat was winning everything!

Canā€™t wait to drive it into them sister lovers citeh next week
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Reply #455: Nov 01, 2020 11:44:05 am
      Don't quite agree with the Boss on saying Phillips isn't easy on the eye (I know it wasn't fully serious) I think Phillips is also decent, for a defender, on the deck. He can play a bit. Bit more confidence and we'll see him play the more ambitious ball.

But the acid test, not just for Phillips,will come V City. Hopefully he can build on yesterday's performance against Atalanta and be ready for City.

He can't play against Atalanta, mate. He is not registered with the CL squad.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #456: Nov 01, 2020 11:56:18 am
      Teams have sussed out that over the past couple of seasons Firmino has been the catalyst of the majority of our pressing.
      Mark him out of the game and put two men tight on him( at times ) and we can't supply Mo or Mane.
      Plus, with Trent and Robbo not playing as high up the pitch so much as I'd like to see this season it may be time to drop Bobby to the bench for a couple of games.. The City game will be different as they will allow more space in between the lines as thats the way Pep plays, but with a line of four tight in front of a line of five like what Moyes did last night its so difficult for the likes of Bobby to receive and turn as he likes to.

One thing Jota has over Bobby is his speed of forward pressing and that was so good to watch last night when he came on.
      I was suddenly on the edge of my seat again screaming at the telly to push up.
      Both Jota and Shaq (who?) disrupted and broke down the two lines West Ham had in place and through skill and brilliant finishing we took the three points.

Made up for Phillips.. pity he's not in our CL squad !!

Great to see Moyes's whinging Halloween face on the touchline at Anfield again !!

:kop5cf8koxp6:

LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #457: Nov 01, 2020 12:29:06 pm
      Anyone else not even bother celebrating after Jota's winner because of the inevitable delay to try and find something wrong with it?
      I'm getting to the stage where the extacy of scoring is being removed from the games because of VAR.

By the time the goals are given it is a MASSIVE anti climax.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #458: Nov 01, 2020 12:45:16 pm
      Anyone else not even bother celebrating after Jota's winner because of the inevitable delay to try and find something wrong with it?
      I'm getting to the stage where the extacy of scoring is being removed from the games because of VAR.

By the time the goals are given it is a MASSIVE anti climax.
      For the disallowed goal I didnā€™t because it was quite obvious they would find a problem with Mane getting in to Fabianskiā€™s personal space. For the winner I absolutely did because I was sure there was nothing they could find against us although the man in the booth was probably furiously searching through the last few minutes of footage trying to find something.

Did Mane somehow foul somebody in the build up? Did Robertson look at an official the wrong way? Was Salah offside 3 games ago? Iā€™m sure it was all looked at.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #459: Nov 01, 2020 01:15:05 pm
      For the disallowed goal I didnā€™t because it was quite obvious they would find a problem with Mane getting in to Fabianskiā€™s personal space. For the winner I absolutely did because I was sure there was nothing they could find against us although the man in the booth was probably furiously searching through the last few minutes of footage trying to find something.

Did Mane somehow foul somebody in the build up? Did Robertson look at an official the wrong way? Was Salah offside 3 games ago? Iā€™m sure it was all looked at.[/b]
      This is exactly, what I mean; not in a conspiracy kind of way, just that there seems to be an overt desire by referees and the faceless entities in a box somewhere to find anything wrong to disallow goals across the whole of the PL.
      It is killing the game.

Quick Reply