Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

Nat Phillips Player Thread

Read 4215 times
      tezmac
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,063 posts | 384 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Nat Phillips Player Thread
      Reply #100: Mar 16, 2021 04:11:21 pm
      Nat has done very well considering its Two untried CB's,
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #101: Mar 16, 2021 10:26:04 pm
      He's a ripper.

Just go from strength to strength Big Man.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,977 posts | 2670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #102: Mar 17, 2021 06:52:51 am
      The big factor here will be whete does Nat want to reach?

Is he ok with playing for Liverpool as 4th 5th or 6th choice or does he take a move should it come?

I think if we are totally honest if we intend to be European champions and English champions regularly in the next 10 years then he does not play too often.

I have said all along how well hes doing but he is too inclined to rush in to things, ball follows too much and being honest lacks the recovery speed to make us the best.

Hes a cult hero, like Erik Meijer. We loved him for his heart but nobody wanted big Erik as first choice striker

I disagree, he should be 3rd choice after VVD and Gomez. Both of the others have pace so they will compliment Nat. I would sell Matip and keep Kabak as 4th defender.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,686 posts | 2709 
      Reply #103: Mar 17, 2021 09:23:09 am
      I disagree, he should be 3rd choice after VVD and Gomez. Both of the others have pace so they will compliment Nat. I would sell Matip and keep Kabak as 4th defender.

Nope I see Kabak potentially developing into third choice, or we buy someone even better, we would then have Nat either as 4th or 5th, but with the amount of injuries we always get at CB he'll still get plenty of games. We need 5 CB's at the club.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,575 posts | 2789 
      Reply #104: Mar 17, 2021 09:58:16 am
      Nope I see Kabak potentially developing into third choice, or we buy someone even better, we would then have Nat either as 4th or 5th, but with the amount of injuries we always get at CB he'll still get plenty of games. We need 5 CB's at the club.

Yea, he could have a future here and play a decent amount of games filling in but I think we're kidding ourselves if we think he's anything more than that.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 25,569 posts | 4133 
      Reply #105: Mar 17, 2021 02:58:24 pm

I like what he's done but there's no way he's better than Matip. If Joel can't stay fit, then yes, we need to find a replacement, but when he's fit, Joel is better than Gomez and better than a lot of starting CBs in the world. Phillips is a good 4th choice or maybe 3rd in a pinch, but if we wish to be winning regularly, we can't have him playing regularly.

Take nothing away from him, he's done a good job and done what's been asked in a tough situation, but J├╝rgen needs ball playing CBs for his system.

I'd rate Nat about the same as a Martin Kelly type. He'd probably do better to go to a smaller club and get regular gametime once we get our starters back.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,430 posts | 709 
      Reply #106: Mar 17, 2021 05:45:44 pm
      I like what he's done but there's no way he's better than Matip. If Joel can't stay fit, then yes, we need to find a replacement, but when he's fit, Joel is better than Gomez and better than a lot of starting CBs in the world. Phillips is a good 4th choice or maybe 3rd in a pinch, but if we wish to be winning regularly, we can't have him playing regularly.

Take nothing away from him, he's done a good job and done what's been asked in a tough situation, but J├╝rgen needs ball playing CBs for his system.

I'd rate Nat about the same as a Martin Kelly type. He'd probably do better to go to a smaller club and get regular gametime once we get our starters back.

Be interesting what he does with him and Kabak could they be 3rd and 4th choice suppose it depends on Matip
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      Reply #107: Mar 18, 2021 12:42:13 am
      Won us that crucial header that started the interplay between the front 3, that led to the winner!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,946 posts | 465 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #108: Mar 18, 2021 04:26:46 pm
      Big man has taken his chance now. if he keeps this form up rest of the season, he has a chance of staying in the mix long term at LFC.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,977 posts | 2670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #109: Mar 20, 2021 02:18:23 pm

Matip is not a safe option for us! He's a very good player but made of glass. I would sail his ship elsewhere. We need CBs who are fitness wise very well.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5172 
      Reply #110: Mar 20, 2021 02:42:42 pm

No one's saying he's better than Matip, but what he is fitter than Matip and usually available to play unlike Matip.
      tezmac

• 8,063 posts | 384 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #111: Mar 21, 2021 08:09:25 pm
      Think the man should be applauded for his performances this season
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,503 posts | 711 
      Reply #112: Mar 22, 2021 03:49:54 pm
      When we lost Van Dijk, on top of his obvious skill, we also lost a great header of the ball which is a great asset to have not just defensively in clearing danger away in the box but also in recovering possession in midfield when there's a high ball counter attack and he would win the header and we would go back on offense.

Nat has been able to provide that and has been solid in every area. We know he's not starting quality for a team like Liverpool, but could definitely be a solid depth guy for us or a starter at a smaller team.
      harrydunn08

• 5,411 posts | 756 
      Reply #113: Apr 02, 2021 03:12:24 am
      Congrats to Big Nat on winning player of the month!!  Keep it up lad!!  A few more wins in the CL and you can cement yourself in LFC history forever  :gt-happyup:
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,430 posts | 709 
      Reply #114: Apr 02, 2021 09:50:59 pm
      Congrats to Big Nat on winning player of the month!!  Keep it up lad!!  A few more wins in the CL and you can cement yourself in LFC history forever  :gt-happyup:

Cue him now having a shocker now tomorrow  🤣
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,691 posts | 1929 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #115: Apr 02, 2021 09:51:24 pm
      Play up Nat

👏👏👏
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,320 posts | 2141 
      Reply #116: Apr 02, 2021 11:23:21 pm

Well deserved
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,698 posts | 4676 
      Reply #117: Apr 05, 2021 12:16:57 am
      He doesn't lose a Header does he?

Quick Reply