Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Atalanta?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      97 (100%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 95

Voting closed: Nov 07, 2020 09:49:09 pm

Atalata 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 18275 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Re: Atalata 0-5 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Nov 03, 2020 10:30:20 pm
      what game what a week we have had, Jota motm Curtis Jones 2nd if there was a 2nd motm ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #323: Nov 03, 2020 10:32:13 pm
      5 sleeps to go
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #324: Nov 03, 2020 10:33:38 pm
      I’d imagine so. Not wanting to pile the misery on Bobby but thought he was very poor when he came on, gave the ball away a few times and nearly cost us a goal. Form is temporary, class is permanent as the old cliche goes but sometimes when you’re out of form, it pays to give others a shot. Jota has more than earned that shot.

Bobby will have his chances to get back in this side but for now Mane and Salah are on fire but Jota is something else right now.

Klopp can't keep him out of the team right now.

We need to reinvent that front 3 over the next few years and Jota looks like the first one to break in.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #325: Nov 03, 2020 10:36:17 pm
      All this Bobby talk, just play the 4 of them Thiago and Hendo in the middle, everyones happy
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #326: Nov 03, 2020 10:38:38 pm
      Have to say they made that a bit easy for us, but we still had to do the job.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1634 
      Reply #327: Nov 03, 2020 10:41:19 pm
      Have to say they made that a bit easy for us, but we still had to do the job.

Would never have thought the Danish side would of caused us more problems at home than Atlanta away
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #328: Nov 03, 2020 10:52:46 pm
      Love the unanimous MOTM poll. Quite right,
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Atalanta V Liverpool
      Reply #329: Nov 03, 2020 11:01:43 pm
      Not complaing, but why is milly playing as lb when we have tsakimos on the bench?

Kostas had only trained once after more than a month out so I don't think Jürgen wanted him to play 30 minutes (but he wanted Robbo off). What did he get on for eventually, 11 or 12? Glad to see Kostas back and he played a great pass to set up Salah for what should have been a 6th.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #330: Nov 03, 2020 11:03:00 pm
      Three positives at least for me, Jota's first hat trick for the club, a clean sheet ! and almost certain qualification to the knock out stages of the competition, well done lads.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #331: Nov 03, 2020 11:15:30 pm
      Three positives at least for me, Jota's first hat trick for the club, a clean sheet ! and almost certain qualification to the knock out stages of the competition, well done lads.

Feels like the 2017/18 campaign. Loved every minute (until most of the final obviously)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #332: Nov 03, 2020 11:17:44 pm
      The quality of the passing, the energy level of guys making themselves available, the chances created and the 5 goals highlights for me for the team.

Individually.....yeah, pretty much everybody. Not much more to say about Jota. Loved Curtis Jones' pass on Mo's goal, Trent's pass for Jota's 1st, Gomez's pass for Jota's 2nd and Sadio's pass for Jota's 3rd.

Oh - and Mo's pass for Sadio's goal (from a throw-in route at the midfield stripe with Trent finding Mo who played it into space for Sadio - great goal that one) was also quite good.

Ali made a couple of saves to preserve my 4th point in the prediccy contest. Good 90 minutes each from youngsters Curtis Jones and Rhys Williams. Kostas Tsimikas and Naby Keita back in action and both looking lively. Neco Williams with a positive cameo as well. I thought Bobby looked good as well when he came on - great at keeping possession.

So all good. On to Sunday!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #333: Nov 03, 2020 11:19:55 pm
      Regarding  Bobby and the front three, Jürgen (as usual) put it well.

"All good. Good performances never give me a headache. For tonight that was the decision, it was clear it makes sense for tonight, first of all to use the good shape Diogo is in. And because of the way Atalanta plays and defends, it made sense that the skillset of Diogo helps. But the world is sometimes a really bad place that in the moment when somebody is shining, we speak immediately about another player who played for us, it feels like, 500 games in a row. We would not be in the Champions League even if Bobby Firmino would not be with us. And immediately I have to explain why he is not in the team. He will be in the team and for a lot of people in the world, if you would ask them: ‘What makes Liverpool some days special?’ I would say the way Bobby Firmino is playing because on a good day he is not to defend. For us, it’s important that we have more than 11 and tonight Diogo used his shape in an incredible way and played a super, super game. But that says nothing about Bobby and has nothing to do with me causing headaches. I’m more than happy that the boys played like they played tonight."
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #334: Nov 03, 2020 11:24:30 pm
      On the 11 vs. City, I think there are really only two choices for Jürgen to make.

Ali is in goal, Trent and Robbo at fullbacks of course, and Joe Gomez will start. He basically will have to choose between Matip, Phillips and Rhys Williams. For me, if Matip is truly fit, he comes in. You want that experience and he is the best passer out of the back of those three.

Hendo and Gini both have to start in midfield, and I don't think there can be any thought of dropping Sadio, Mo or Diogo at this point, so long as they are all fit.

So really it is what to do about that third midfield role, the one that pushes a bit further forward. For me the choices are Bobby (my expected choice by Jürgen), Thiago (who I expect will be on the bench) or Milner (if Jürgen is looking for something else from that position).

2 choices - three players per choice. It will be interesting and we'll see how the week unfolds with fitness, etc.

Looking forward to this match, but still enjoying the afterglow of today's contest.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #335: Nov 03, 2020 11:24:59 pm
      Think it’s the first time on here I’ve seen someone get 100% on the motm poll. Says a lot, he was immense, Liverpool were immense and pep will get no sleep between now and Sunday.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #336: Nov 04, 2020 12:02:12 am
      All this Bobby talk, just play the 4 of them Thiago and Hendo in the middle, everyones happy

Yep I was thinking this earlier , back 5 usual suspects, two holders in Hendo & Thiago, then the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, something like thus..........

Allison

Trent   Gomez   Virgil   Robbo

Hendo     Thiago

Bobby
                                                     Salah                  Mane
                                                                  Jota 

We could alternate with Fabinho in for Hendo, Minamino with Bobby, and plenty other combinations, whatever whoever we have enough firepower to unleash hell on any side,  having a side like thus would give anybody a semi...even the women  🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

Y  N  W  A
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #337: Nov 04, 2020 12:13:18 am
      THat was the most complete performance since Leicester that i can think of. What a game.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #338: Nov 04, 2020 01:41:20 am
      One word. Wow.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #339: Nov 04, 2020 06:52:06 am
      We haven't played like that for months!

Jota is technically very gifted and he has a lot of pace... I think no one thought he could play at that level, except our scouting team. :scarf:

The defense is still shaky at times, thankfully we have the best GK in the world. His haircut looks like Adrian's... this might explain the awkward moments he had had yesterday.

Salah and Mane seem to be at their best in terms of fitness. Their ball retention is amazing, and although they are not at their best yet in terms of decision making, they still score. That says a lot about them.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #340: Nov 04, 2020 07:11:11 am
      Jota played brilliantly. What a signing, never thought that he's this good.

As Klopp was saying and hinting, Firmino will play against City because he defends and fights better. Jota is really a good option at the moment, both starting or being the needed the sub.

Allisson back to his best after his injury. I really liked what I saw. It was the best option to give Matip time to be back for City.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #341: Nov 04, 2020 09:02:28 am
      Great result last night, but more important, great performance. Not sure if Atalanta were poor, or we just made them look poor.
      Hats off to Jota. Superb display of finishing.
      No negatives throughout the side really.
      Only issue now, who to play v shity.
      Just hope it’s not both jota and bob, as that means we likely go 4231 which in my opinion, lessens our potency as we lose the midfield.
      If we play jota, we gain up top but lose a bit defensively, If we play Bob, the reverse.
      Glad I don’t have to make those decisions.
      Damned if you do, damned if you don’t  🤷‍♂️
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #342: Nov 04, 2020 09:05:06 am
      What a beautiful game to watch last night.. thoroughly enjoyable..

Or CB’s need a massive shout out too..👏🏼
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #343: Nov 04, 2020 09:12:56 am
      Finishing boots were on last night and nice to see us put up a few goals. As far as result goes this give us a lot of flexability going into the next insane round of games as we only need 1 win to get us through to the next round so we can heavily rotate the side during the midweek games.

Diogo was clearly the man of the hour but I think Alisson deserves a lot of credit making key saves at key times to allow us to roll them over. Adrian plays this game things could be very different.

Also like to give Jones a mention, looked verygood out there as a youngster and seems to be getting more comfortable as he gets more minutes under his belt. With injuries to Ox, Thiago and Naby he really taken his chance to show he belongs in the mix.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #344: Nov 04, 2020 09:39:01 am
      After last night's stunning performance, with a clean sheet, there is no need to worry about the defence, quite so much. I am sur we can out score city, especially with Jota, Mane and Mo Salah all in stunning form.

Quick Reply