Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)

Read 7523 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)
      Reply #23: Nov 05, 2020 09:55:03 pm
      Watching the training video today, starting to get the idea that Keita may be in the starting XI.

To me there is no question about Jota starting this one.

If Jota on bench surely City will be happy with that he is flying and really think he needs to start
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool; English Premier League (Sun. Nov. 8, 4:30 pm)
      Reply #24: Nov 05, 2020 10:27:10 pm
      If Jota on bench surely City will be happy with that he is flying and really think he needs to start

Agree. Definition of counterintuitive for me if Jürgen sits him.

CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #25: Nov 05, 2020 10:28:58 pm
      Jota is in such purple patch that it makes sense to start him. Would be great if Keita could also start, as i would prefer him over an inexperienced Jones.
      CT_LFC

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Reply #26: Nov 05, 2020 10:30:15 pm
      Not losing this game is imperative. City are 5 points back but with a game in hand, so a win for them puts them 2 points back with the opportunity to jump ahead if they win their game in hand.

Luckily with 5 days in between we should be well rested and ready to battle.
      rossyred

• 9,280 posts | 1663 
      Reply #27: Nov 05, 2020 11:10:06 pm
      I think it’s fair to say Gomez (barring the mistake against the irons) has been excellent.

If he’s on form as well as Alisson, we have a chance!

Played on the different side of the two as well that he is used to
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #28: Nov 05, 2020 11:28:50 pm
      It would be great to see Jota start on Sunday, should be a few goals in the game. Hope that we can out gun City, to come away with all three points on the day !
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2020 11:35:42 pm by David Wright »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6719 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Nov 06, 2020 02:50:53 am
      Not losing this game is imperative. City are 5 points back but with a game in hand, so a win for them puts them 2 points back with the opportunity to jump ahead if they win their game in hand.

Luckily with 5 days in between we should be well rested and ready to battle.

Yep let's make the gap 8 and hope they never, ever catch us! They can have their game in hand.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #30: Nov 06, 2020 07:50:29 am
      Jotta starting is fine, as long as he offers a similar defensive service as Bob, to go with his scoring purple patch. We will need that until we get settled down and a rythm forms to the game.
      They will be flat out for the first 10 and we need to have a strong press to peg them back until we slowly take control of the mid field.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,686 posts | 3708 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #31: Nov 06, 2020 10:11:38 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would play Jota but I think that Klopp will chose Firmino and defend from the front.

I predict a draw.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #32: Nov 06, 2020 10:19:56 am
      City away; the game I've dreaded the most the past couple of seasons & this will be no exception.

Neither side quite reaching some of the heights seen in the past few years which adds to the unpredictability.

I'd go with Jota in the 3-pronged pace attack, as I think that will cause their defence more problems.

Matip to start, if fit; same for Thiago, but don't think he will be.  Don't think JK will start Jones in this game, so Hendo, Gini & Milner or maybe a curveball of Firmino?

There'll be goals in this game with both teams scoring and pretty much no scoreline would surprise me.

Would take a draw now, with 2 all the most likely result for my money.

A win here would be a huge statement with the international break coming up.

COYR!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #33: Nov 06, 2020 11:35:28 am
      A win here would be a huge statement with the international break coming up.

And would have Sterling out of his box threatening Joe again as well  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #34: Nov 06, 2020 11:37:21 am
      I'm hoping that Jürgen held back Thiago from the Atalanta game, to make sure he was good for this game. Hoping, just hoping  ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #35: Nov 06, 2020 11:39:17 am
      NB: Team no longer available

I would play Jota but I think that Klopp will chose Firmino and defend from the front.

I predict a draw.

Similar, But I predict a reds win  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,371 posts | 1029 
      Reply #36: Nov 06, 2020 01:02:44 pm
      I'm hoping that Jürgen held back Thiago from the Atalanta game, to make sure he was good for this game. Hoping, just hoping  ;D
      He has confirmed that Thiago will miss the game. I get a bad feeling that it might be worse than he is letting on.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #37: Nov 06, 2020 04:38:57 pm
      He has confirmed that Thiago will miss the game. I get a bad feeling that it might be worse than he is letting on.
      Starting to look like that as he's not in the Spain squad, so lengthy break.
      harrydunn08

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #38: Nov 06, 2020 05:23:55 pm
      Jota has to start.  He's got 6 goals in 4 games and has been our best player across the last several outings.  That needs to be rewarded with a start in this match. 

If Matip is fit enough to start, he needs to be in there.

Several people picking Naby in midfield...  I just don't think he's good enough.  I would rather drop Bobby deeper and have him play as a CAM/CM than have Keita in there.  We know what we will get from Bobby -- tons or running, hard work, physicality, good link up play and some creativity in the final 3rd.  Keita blows hot and cold, and that is not what we need in this match. 

Ali
      TAA -- Matip -- Gomez -- Robbo
      Hendo -- Gini
      Bobby
      Mo -- Jota -- Mane

I feel confident that if Jota starts, he will tear the City CB's apart and we will win.  The kid is on fire, and we need to fan the flames!  4-1 to the Reds!!!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: Nov 06, 2020 06:34:07 pm
                   Alisson
      TAA Gomez Matip Robbo
            Gini Hendo Jones
            Salah Jota Mane

If Matip not avail, guess Philips needs to come in.
      Would stick Jones in front of Naby.  Can't see Thiago starting. Delighted Hendo can start, so important.
      Up front, really hope Jürgen goes with form and picks Jota. The guys is on fire, making chances, scoring goals. He's our best forward right now and this is a huge game between two teams that can go on looong unbeaten runs, points difference between us matters.
      Aguero is out, so that's good news. But they will still be dangerous, and VVD is still a miss.  Ally was great though against Atalanta, important to have him behind the defense.
      Going to be working but hope to catch some of it at least.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Nov 06, 2020 06:49:04 pm
      Thiago has been ruled out of this match by Jürgen at today's presser.

Pardon the shout, but a lot of posters seem to just type and don't read many if any of the other posts. Maybe they'll see this.  :)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #41: Nov 06, 2020 07:26:42 pm
      I hope thiago is fit for sunday
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #42: Nov 06, 2020 07:46:35 pm

Me too. I wish the club would give us some news.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,505 posts | 1474 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #43: Nov 06, 2020 08:37:25 pm
      If Thiago starts we win this.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #44: Nov 06, 2020 08:55:47 pm

He's already ruled our for the game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #45: Nov 06, 2020 09:11:47 pm
      I think Curtis is too inexperienced for big matches as this.
      Should be Fab, Hendo and Gini to start in the middle.
      Ali in goal, Trent Joe Robbo and one other at the back, Matip if fit, but I’m confident either of the two standings will do ok.
      Three amigos up top, possibly Jota for Bob.

Quick Reply