Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

How are you?

Read 2095 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      How are you?
      Nov 08, 2020 12:03:40 am
      Hi all

So with all that's going on right now, it feels like the world has somehow become a colder and harder place.. it's great that we can continue to watch our beloved reds and even better that we are now reigning champions.. but what about when we don't have football? what about when we don't have that loyal friend/relative to share our troubles with?

Football may have brought us together but there are real people, with real issues and worries on the forum and over the years I've had the pleasure to get to know many you really well.. from this I have learnt that many of you really big hearts and want to help and support others, therefore I've started this thread with the hope that reds will use it to ask for advice, share a trouble, lend an ear over a coffee etc.

So how are you today? or in the words of Dr. Max Goodwin "How can I help?"

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,578 posts | 6915 
      Re: How are you?
      Reply #1: Nov 10, 2020 09:08:50 am
      It has definitely been a very testing year and will no doubt have impacted everybody to varying extents.

So many people in tough situations but I really feel for the kids who live in, lets call them 'chaotic homes' and who will have endured a pretty bleak six months without seeing friends and teachers and then people who work in jobs that don't give them the opportunity to work at home - who have suffered pay cuts or the thousands who lost their jobs.

Certainly, if anybody is feeling low you can always offer it up for discussion on here, but even if you are not able to do that then there are plenty of organisations and professionally trained people out there, even at the end of a phone line or website these days, to offer support and people should certainly take advantage of that.  Everyone has periods of their lives where the black clouds gather but they can be blown away.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2746 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #2: Nov 10, 2020 02:22:27 pm
      Good thanks, and yourself?
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #3: Nov 12, 2020 01:55:06 pm
      It has definitely been a very testing year and will no doubt have impacted everybody to varying extents.

So many people in tough situations but I really feel for the kids who live in, lets call them 'chaotic homes' and who will have endured a pretty bleak six months without seeing friends and teachers and then people who work in jobs that don't give them the opportunity to work at home - who have suffered pay cuts or the thousands who lost their jobs.

Certainly, if anybody is feeling low you can always offer it up for discussion on here, but even if you are not able to do that then there are plenty of organisations and professionally trained people out there, even at the end of a phone line or website these days, to offer support and people should certainly take advantage of that.  Everyone has periods of their lives where the black clouds gather but they can be blown away.

Yes you're right it has a tough one.. and definitely life changing for many families too :'( - It's devastating to see the effects this virus has had on the world population.. I don't think anyone could have predicted quite how hard it has hit and certainly never in our lifetimes, it just shows how fragile our existence really is.

One thing that has been a real eye opener though has been the community spirit that has been shown, not just from local businesses but also neighbours - for instance our local parish organised and distributed food boxes for those who were unable to get out and collated a list of over 100 or so volunteers who were willing to do other peoples shopping, collect prescriptions, check on people in person or via phone etc, it's truly amazing what people are willing to do for others :)

I just hope this vaccine will be the start of our route out of this horrible time.

Stay safe all!  :)
      AJ
      • Started Topic

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #4: Nov 12, 2020 01:55:42 pm

alright ta Brian!

Quick Reply