Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Injury watch

Read 30969 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Re: Injury watch
      Reply #231: Jan 20, 2021 01:48:38 pm
      Klopp just said Jota is still out for "weeks".

FFS, when our players go down, they go down hard and for a long time.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #232: Jan 20, 2021 08:50:43 pm
      Need Matip back for this, and as sure as betting on bitcoin to rise in price, he will not start 2 games in a row, but against Burnley we need his height and talent. One game Joel, give us one game playing in a bit of pain.

The 3/5 weeks after I think the games mean we can revert back to midfielders @ CB slowly undermining any confidence our youngsters had.

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #233: Jan 21, 2021 02:54:43 pm
      Wasn't last season we were all on steroids etc, so we never got injured?

What happened with that MO?

We should reintroduce that.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #234: Jan 21, 2021 02:58:23 pm
      Wasn't last season we were all on steroids etc, so we never got injured?

What happened with that MO?

We should reintroduce that.

In all seriousness there is something very odd going on at Utd and possibly City as well, they suffer far fewer injuries than other teams. Take for example Martial who limped off with what looked like a hamstring issue against Burnley then 4 days later starts against us, Matic also pulled up with a groin issue against Burnley but was ok for the bench.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #235: Jan 30, 2021 10:33:38 am
      I remember season with rafa when we had shocking injury run, then with Brendan as well. But I dont think I can ever remember
       a season where our 3 best CB's all injured at same time, and backup RB, and then the CB we have playing as a CB.

At this very moment we have 4 CB's Injured. couldnt make it up.

We had lots of injuries last season, but they were spread out through the team at different times, which is normal, but this is just very odd and just very bad luck.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #236: Feb 01, 2021 10:29:15 pm
      Just heard on SSN that Joel Matip is out for the season with ankle ligament damage.
      That’s why we’ve moved for two CBS on transfer deadline day.
      Can’t make this up! Mind you he is made of glass so not totally unexpected.....
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #237: Feb 01, 2021 10:42:06 pm
      Has this ever happened to anyone before? Three defenders with major injuries out for the season?! Absolutely staggering bad luck
      weareliverpool
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 586 posts | 102 
      Reply #238: Feb 01, 2021 10:43:13 pm
      Just heard on SSN that Joel Matip is out for the season with ankle ligament damage.
      That’s why we’ve moved for two CBS on transfer deadline day.
      Can’t make this up! Mind you he is made of glass so not totally unexpected.....

3 CB's and all 3 all long term injuries,you couldn't make it up.Good to see we are getting a couple of CB's,Kabak has great potential,a threat at corners,fast and a good tackler(only 20 years old).Hopefully we can get Fab back in midfield now.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #239: Feb 01, 2021 10:49:36 pm
      3 CB's and all 3 all long term injuries,you couldn't make it up.Good to see we are getting a couple of CB's,Kabak has great potential,a threat at corners,fast and a good tackler(only 20 years old).Hopefully we can get Fab back in midfield now.

Can't see it I'm afraid
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #240: Feb 01, 2021 11:14:49 pm
      Ffs, just heard about Joel, this has to be the weirdest hat trick in the entire history of world football, to lose all three of your CB’s all at the same time & a replacement CB as well, it’s just f***in mental, I’ve never known a season like it, feel for Matip, he’s a top class CB and the likelyhood is he might never kick a ball for us in anger again, hope I’m wrong but we will have someone new come in next summer and that could spell the end for Joel at Anfield.

Shame for the lad !

Y  N  W  A
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #241: Feb 02, 2021 06:52:19 am
      Ffs, just heard about Joel, this has to be the weirdest hat trick in the entire history of world football, to lose all three of your CB’s all at the same time & a replacement CB as well, it’s just f***in mental, I’ve never known a season like it, feel for Matip, he’s a top class CB and the likelyhood is he might never kick a ball for us in anger again, hope I’m wrong but we will have someone new come in next summer and that could spell the end for Joel at Anfield.

Shame for the lad !

Y  N  W  A

Think he's under contract for two more seasons so not sure about that, but I agree it is sad  news for him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #242: Feb 02, 2021 08:46:40 am
      sh*t news about Matip, but in all honesty he's constantly in and out of the team anyway, far too many injuries. Now then Joe and Virg are they definitely both out for the season, I thought there was a decent chance of at least  Virg coming back some time in March?

If not then we just have to hope that our makeshift defence copes until we can get our new recruits up to speed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #243: Feb 02, 2021 09:15:44 am

Shame for the lad !

Y  N  W  A

Yea I fear for Matip now, especially if our new lads play well rest of this season.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #244: Feb 03, 2021 01:30:53 pm
      Not to stir the pot but there's a lot of rumours on twitter about Alisson at the minute. Never usually pay any interest but the last few that have done the rounds have been worryingly accurate.

He posted a match graphic on Insta this morning mind, which is promising. Do we have sessions on the morning of an evening KO?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #245: Feb 03, 2021 01:40:05 pm
      Not to stir the pot but there's a lot of rumours on twitter about Alisson at the minute. Never usually pay any interest but the last few that have done the rounds have been worryingly accurate.

He posted a match graphic on Insta this morning mind, which is promising. Do we have sessions on the morning of an evening KO?

Nothing on reddit about it. And as much of a cesspool as reddit is....that sub usually has information pretty early. Fingers crossed.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #246: Feb 03, 2021 01:52:50 pm
      Nothing on reddit about it. And as much of a cesspool as reddit is....that sub usually has information pretty early. Fingers crossed.

Opened my Twitter about 30 minutes and the majority of the tweets on my feed were people losing their heads over Alisson. Not sure where it's stemmed from like, hopefully a dud
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #247: Feb 03, 2021 01:56:15 pm
      Opened my Twitter about 30 minutes and the majority of the tweets on my feed were people losing their heads over Alisson. Not sure where it's stemmed from like, hopefully a dud
      Oof, that’s not good. Twitter being an even bigger cesspool there’s usually not smoke without some sort of fire.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #248: Feb 03, 2021 04:59:34 pm

If the rumours are true then Alisson is pretty injury prone for a goalie no..?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #249: Feb 03, 2021 05:54:00 pm

Could argue he already is based on how many injuries he's had since he joined. Hopefully as his career goes on, the last 12-18 months will just be seen as an anomaly where he picked up a few lengthy injuries due to sheer bad luck. Worrying if he's out again though
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #250: Feb 03, 2021 05:56:14 pm

For sure, especially when you consider how many games he gets to sit down and read a book. Other goalies in lesser teams get peppered every game.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #251: Feb 03, 2021 06:01:13 pm
      Rumour started by a now deleted tweet from Empireofthekop.

Rumour I've heard is clash of heads with Kelleher and Adrian starts tonight.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #252: Feb 03, 2021 06:07:02 pm
      Rumour started by a now deleted tweet from Empireofthekop.

Rumour I've heard is clash of heads with Kelleher and Adrian starts tonight.

That's the one I saw I guess, shouldn't have deleted it, just should have said we F.up, old news in an hour.

Quick Reply