Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Injury watch

Read 30950 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Re: Injury watch
      Reply #322: Mar 05, 2021 02:32:00 pm
      Arsenal have least injuries since Morgan left and came to us dont pretend to know about this side of the game but a lot of their fans happy when he left
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #323: Mar 05, 2021 02:49:41 pm
      Arsenal have least injuries since Morgan left and came to us dont pretend to know about this side of the game but a lot of their fans happy when he left

Its a strange one ok. But in saying that, how is it a physios fault if a player gets injured in a game ir on a training field? Physios fix the injury not prevent. So is it down to training tecniques or warm up routines? Have we changed those positions in the last 12 months?
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #324: Mar 05, 2021 02:51:43 pm
      Its a strange one ok. But in saying that, how is it a physios fault if a player gets injured in a game ir on a training field? Physios fix the injury not prevent. So is it down to training tecniques or warm up routines? Have we changed those positions in the last 12 months?

As I said I ain't an expert but I do know if you aren't prepped correctly course you can get injuries . Not sure whether just ironic but does seem that we suffer more than others
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #325: Mar 05, 2021 04:54:05 pm

Might sound wrong, but it could be the intense training sessions we do coupled with the pretty much lack of a pre-season we've had is all now taking effect
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #326: Mar 05, 2021 05:41:08 pm
      Now Kabak is injured WTF

Klopp says Phillips and Davies are available for Fulham.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #327: Mar 05, 2021 06:20:07 pm
      Now Kabak is injured WTF

Klopp says Phillips and Davies are available for Fulham.
      Thank F**k for some cover,every cloud and all that.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #328: Mar 05, 2021 06:34:19 pm
      Kabak out - why am I not surprised.

Jürgen, I'm available to tog out if needed !
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #329: Mar 05, 2021 06:41:14 pm
      I’m offering my services to the Boss if he needs me...

Why are we suffering so many injuries...

Is the ground at the new training facility cursed..?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #330: Mar 06, 2021 01:22:54 am
      For almost a decade now we have been saying the same thing every Season, under our previous owners as well as the current ones.

We have a team capable of winning major trophies but if we hit a bad run of injuries we are fu**ed.

We simply don't have the Squad to win major trophies.

All the talk about a bad run of injuries has now become a stark and harsh reality.

Am i surprised? Not at all.

Origi, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Oxlade Chamberlain and Matip. Not good enough to step in and maintain the course of the ship.

I've said it before, every time i watch Origi i have to insert retinal tampons, he is that bad. When we bought Jota, Klopp was quick to rotate the front three. As soon as Jota was injured it was back to normality, no sign of Origi. That in itself tells its own story.

I am hoping this injury crisis has given John Henry some food for thought. You can't expect a group of 12 to 14 players to maintain the level of intensity and quality that Klopp demands on a consistent basis, it is impossible. This team is mentally and physically shot and we don't have the depth of Squad to facilitate the high energy pressing game that makes this team as awesome as it is.

We can debate until the cows come home as to what the reasons are for our catastrophic collapse are but without a doubt in my mind it is down to our inferior second eleven.

From positions of power you should strengthen, not positions of weakness, which we currently find ourselves in.

John Henry needs to spend accordingly in the Summer or Klopp will walk. He has completed what was once deemed an impossible task, bringing the Title back to Anfield. The 12 to 14 players he so heavily relies on need help, so just go out and do it.

The problem we now face is that if we don't get Champions League football next Season (which i believe we will get via winning the Champions League) then those players we need will go to other Clubs.

That will be on the owners, one hundred percent.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #331: Mar 06, 2021 09:58:33 am
      For almost a decade now we have been saying the same thing every Season, under our previous owners as well as the current ones.

We have a team capable of winning major trophies but if we hit a bad run of injuries we are fu**ed.

All the talk about a bad run of injuries has now become a stark and harsh reality.

Origi, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri, Oxlade Chamberlain and Matip. Not good enough to step in and maintain the course of the ship.

I've said it before, every time i watch Origi i have to insert retinal tampons, he is that bad. When we bought Jota, Klopp was quick to rotate the front three. As soon as Jota was injured it was back to normality, no sign of Origi. That in itself tells its own story.

I am hoping this injury crisis has given John Henry some food for thought. You can't expect a group of 12 to 14 players to maintain the level of intensity and quality that Klopp demands on a consistent basis, it is impossible. This team is mentally and physically shot and we don't have the depth of Squad to facilitate the high energy pressing game that makes this team as awesome as it is.

We can debate until the cows come home as to what the reasons are for our catastrophic collapse are but without a doubt in my mind it is down to our inferior second eleven.

From positions of power you should strengthen, not positions of weakness, which we currently find ourselves in.

John Henry needs to spend accordingly in the Summer or Klopp will walk. He has completed what was once deemed an impossible task, bringing the Title back to Anfield. The 12 to 14 players he so heavily relies on need help, so just go out and do it.

The problem we now face is that if we don't get Champions League football next Season (which i believe we will get via winning the Champions League) then those players we need will go to other Clubs.

On the squad size the boss himself has said more then once he likes a compact squad. He doesnt want huge numbers. This has just been a freak season on injuries
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #332: Mar 06, 2021 10:37:30 am
      On the squad size the boss himself has said more then once he likes a compact squad. He doesnt want huge numbers. This has just been a freak season on injuries

A compact squad, but a better second 11 is needed.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #333: Mar 06, 2021 10:48:27 am
      A compact squad, but a better second 11 is needed.

We have a better 2nd 11 then we have had the last 2 seasons when we won things.

Due to the constant flow of injury after injury though we are now ducking into our level 3 players

If we lost Virg but had Joe and Joel fit then we get Hendo and Fab back to midfield etc, its a different story.

If we bought the 2 best centre halves in the world last summer, chances are theyd be injured and all!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #334: Mar 06, 2021 11:34:14 am
      These injuries are not all down to luck, there must be something wrong with training and/or sports science departed, sort it out Jürgen!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #335: Mar 06, 2021 01:20:58 pm

Spot on mate, the core of the side is fine, those we rely on to cover isn’t, it’s as simple as that, it’s easy if your backed by oligarchs riches to have a squad of players capable of filling voids, we don’t have that luxury so when we have the kind of injury crisis we have had this season it brings to the fore how fragile we are as a squad,

I don’t expect John Henry to throw mega millions in to keep up with the Jones’s, but I do expect him to support Jürgen in what he wants for his ideas to work, this summer for example we really need to ship out at least six or seven players who are either surplus or simply not good enough, and replace those with high quality better players who can take this club forward, if not we will simply stagnate and fall behind those currently making strides to better themselves,

I like the way our club is being run, however, in these unprecedented circumstances it would be wise to alter their mantra and perhaps loan the monies for player investment, we haven’t accrued the monies from match day or tv revenue for reinvestment so we will need some kind of financial assistance to allow for new players arriving, it’s not as if they won’t get it back is it ?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #336: Mar 06, 2021 01:29:06 pm
      Using our 4 3 3

First 11

Alisson

Trent Virg Joe Robbo

Hendo Fab Thiago

Mo   Bobby Mane

2nd 11

Kelleher

Neco Matip Philips Tsimikas

Jones Milner Gini

Minamino Jota Shaq

Still leaves Ox, Origi Keita. I havent included the 2 lads in Jan

We cant call that weak. 7 internationals in the 2nd 11 plus 2 retired and Jones will be an international. 3 more internationals not in the 22

Yes we could be stronger especially at centre half. But its not like were looking at nobodies stepping in. And anorher plus is the fact we are seeing academy lads included. Thats a must for me

Sorry but that squad fully fit, or at least only dealing with a normal injury list  is in the battle for its league crown and the champions league
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #337: Mar 06, 2021 06:19:16 pm
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #338: Mar 06, 2021 06:33:25 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #339: Mar 07, 2021 08:05:41 am

Very encouraging, to see the big fella running again is just brilliant, I mean, is there a actual chance we may see him play before this b***ard of a season is through?

Imagine the boost we will get even if it’s only a couple of cameo appearances, sh*t, I’m getting excited now just thinking about that alone !

Y  N  W  A
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #340: Mar 07, 2021 11:50:58 am

Just needs the Rocky training montage music over it.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #341: Mar 07, 2021 11:54:35 am

Very encouraging, to see the big fella running again is just brilliant, I mean, is there a actual chance we may see him play before this b***ard of a season is through?

Imagine the boost we will get even if it’s only a couple of cameo appearances, sh*t, I’m getting excited now just thinking about that alone !

Y  N  W  A

Unless its a champions league semi or the final itself Id leave him Billy. The desire and sheer want to see him back is in all of us but yoo often Ive seen lads, moving well in training, thrown back in, and within weeks they are f**ked again.

If hes back in August and hes plays all next season Id take that.

By the way Id be telling the Dutch to f**k off now to not even consider him for the Euros
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #342: Mar 07, 2021 11:59:51 am
      Unless its a champions league semi or the final itself Id leave him Billy. The desire and sheer want to see him back is in all of us but yoo often Ive seen lads, moving well in training, thrown back in, and within weeks they are f**ked again.

If hes back in August and hes plays all next season Id take that.

By the way Id be telling the Dutch to f**k off now to not even consider him for the Euros

Yeah I agree mate, nothing to gain bringing him back early unless like you said the latter stages of CL, but has to be match fit too,
      The season being a write off, there's no point risking him in what essentially are meaningless games.

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #343: Mar 07, 2021 12:08:41 pm
      Big Virg is still months away. but just like summer having a pint in a pub soon, we can all dream.  :food-smiley-005: :drink:
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #344: Mar 07, 2021 09:55:03 pm

Y  N  W  A

no. and i hope we dont. you just cant rush an ACL injury. look what happened to Zaniolo. Target next season and as others have said, tell the dutch to do one..

Quick Reply