Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Cardiff (FA Cup R4) Sun 6 Feb 12pm

Read 5865 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Cardiff (FA Cup R4) Sun 6 Feb 12pm
      Reply #46: Feb 06, 2022 08:37:36 am
      Luiz in today's squad 👀
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #47: Feb 06, 2022 08:41:05 am

He will get one hell of a reception ,and if he plays and scores the crowd will go wild.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #48: Feb 06, 2022 09:07:50 am
      Kelleher; Trent, Matip, VVD, Robertson; Henderson, Jones, Ox; Gordon, Bobby, Jota.

Half an hour for Thiago and Elliott hopefully and maybe 10-15 for Diaz.

Thiago picked up a chest infection, not sure if he plays…

Hoping to see Harvey get some playing time with Diaz…
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #49: Feb 06, 2022 09:54:28 am
      Should prove too strong for Cardiff today. Hope to see our new signing come on at some stage. Anyhow 3  0 to the Reds.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Feb 06, 2022 10:05:13 am

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. local time and couldn't get back to sleep, and yes, my idle thoughts kept drifting to Anfield, this match, and who gets into the team.

The more I thought about Lucho playing, I mean, he's been in regular training with Porto and then Colombia. He would have trained with our first team yesterday, whatever they did, right? It shouldn't be any kind of injury risk. As others have said, it would be a fairly limited sub appearance and I suppose the match needs to be in hand for that to happen, but there is still a good chance for that to happen.

i feel like I'm way too old to be this excited about it, but I truly am. GREAT to see the Reds playing again.

(EDIT: I almost forgot, while I wait for kickoff I've got ski jumpinp live from China on the TV. Athlete after athlete go soaring through the winter air. It must be the closest thing humans have to flying without the aid of machines. I feel like I could compete in this sport if there was a category for "fastest plummet." )
      « Last Edit: Feb 06, 2022 10:12:24 am by Robby The Z »
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #51: Feb 06, 2022 10:13:35 am
      Thiago picked up a chest infection, not sure if he plays…

Hoping to see Harvey get some playing time with Diaz…

Thiago trained yesterday, I think.

It's years since I've been as up for an early round domestic cup!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #52: Feb 06, 2022 10:40:32 am
      its blowing a gale here and cold not like Porto for sure. terrible kick off time and I think Cardiff have played two or three times since we have had a break. One of those games were we could struggle or just blow them away
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,972 posts | 2051 
      Reply #53: Feb 06, 2022 10:41:25 am
      I woke up at 3:30 a.m. local time and couldn't get back to sleep, and yes, my idle thoughts kept drifting to Anfield, this match, and who gets into the team.

The more I thought about Lucho playing, I mean, he's been in regular training with Porto and then Colombia. He would have trained with our first team yesterday, whatever they did, right? It shouldn't be any kind of injury risk. As others have said, it would be a fairly limited sub appearance and I suppose the match needs to be in hand for that to happen, but there is still a good chance for that to happen.

i feel like I'm way too old to be this excited about it, but I truly am. GREAT to see the Reds playing again.

(EDIT: I almost forgot, while I wait for kickoff I've got ski jumpinp live from China on the TV. Athlete after athlete go soaring through the winter air. It must be the closest thing humans have to flying without the aid of machines. I feel like I could compete in this sport if there was a category for "fastest plummet." )

What with the pollution levels in parts of China, I'm surprised that the ski jumpers haven't got stuck in the sky!

Would love to see a mixture of youth and experience. I always think it's a bit of a shame when young players make their debut in a side overwhelmingly dominated by other young, inexperienced players. Thankfully Jürgen's been quite good at that - blending the two here and there.

For viewers watching on ITV today -

WARNING: TODAY'S BROADCAST MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF MATTERFACE
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #54: Feb 06, 2022 10:45:15 am
      Hope we get to see Luis make his debut off the bench today.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #55: Feb 06, 2022 11:01:15 am
      Unlikely but I’d love to see this X1 run out today……..

Alisson
                                 Trent   Matip Virgil. Robbo
                                   Hendo    Naby.  Thiago
                                    Jota      Bobby   Diaz

Would  two days with the squad be enough for Diaz to familiarise himself with our system? Possibly, but it’s a bit of a ask that I don’t think we need to burden him with, but then again he’s smart enough to adapt and if we’re all honest I don’t think Cardiff will be too much of a test, so can we then consider that it could be the perfect game for him to make his debut ?

Alternatively we could also see thus……..

Alisson
                                          Trent.   Matip.   Virgil.  Robbo
                                              Hendo.    Naby.    Jones
                                              Gordon.   Bobby.   Jota

You could easily make a case for both X1’s, however as with all our new players Jürgen likes them to have a few sessions on the training pitches first to allow them to adapt and get used to how we play, so we’ll have to see I guess whether we Chuck him straight in or not !

Really cannot see a upset here, but it is the FA Cup and it’s fraught with danger, you only have to look at how the MUtants fared against the Smogmonsters, still laughing my tits off, and the decades of history of cup upsets !!     Not going to happen today .

Easily 3-0 for the Mighty Redmen

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply