Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Pay-Per-View scrapped

Read 1612 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Pay-Per-View scrapped
      Nov 13, 2020 05:30:29 pm
      So someone somewhere has seen some sense and decided that it’s ludicrous in times of hardship to expect the average joe to pull £14.95 out of their backside to watch Sheffield United play out an action packed 0-0 against Fulham. At least until January, when of course everyone is flush with cash after the exploits of the festive season. Either that or they weren’t making as much as they hoped.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Re: Pay-Per-View scrapped
      Reply #1: Nov 13, 2020 05:55:58 pm
      So someone somewhere has seen some sense and decided that it’s ludicrous in times of hardship to expect the average joe to pull £14.95 out of their backside to watch Sheffield United play out an action packed 0-0 against Fulham. At least until January, when of course everyone is flush with cash after the exploits of the festive season. Either that or they weren’t making as much as they hoped.
      Good news ,still cheeky fuckers though asking for £15 when people are losing there jobs & livelihoods left right & centre the unscrupulous tw*ts.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,196 posts | 913 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2: Nov 13, 2020 06:14:52 pm
      Wont last long before the bas**rds come up with some way to try and fleece the working man
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #3: Nov 13, 2020 11:59:35 pm
      Quote from ConzS
      So someone somewhere has seen some sense and decided that it’s ludicrous in times of hardship to expect the average joe to pull £14.95 out of their backside to watch Sheffield United play out an action packed 0-0 against Fulham.

Fulham won the game 2-0.

The main talking points of the games were, a ref upholding his decision after using VAR, and another ref spotting an elbow to be offside. Burnley deserve special mention for subjecting subscribers to not 1, but 2 goalless PPV draws away from home, the first and last 0-0 draws of the season so far.

I hope the nutjob responsible for the pricing model, is not responsible for setting ticket prices at any stadium when fans can return.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #4: Nov 14, 2020 04:13:52 am
      Fulham won the game 2-0.

The main talking points of the games were, a ref upholding his decision after using VAR, and another ref spotting an elbow to be offside. Burnley deserve special mention for subjecting subscribers to not 1, but 2 goalless PPV draws away from home, the first and last 0-0 draws of the season so far.

I hope the nutjob responsible for the pricing model, is not responsible for setting ticket prices at any stadium when fans can return.
      I’ll take your word for it. I didn’t actually watch the game, nor know that it was shown on PPV, somewhat a coincidence in me randomly choosing a fixture I would imagine to be quite dull. Obviously I didn’t do a good job as you were thrilled by it and are able to recall the specifics of the game offhand.

The point of course wasn’t lost on you that £14.95, on top of the other required subscriptions to watch live Premier League football, is a ridiculous price to ask people to pay, regardless of how exhilarating the game may be.
      « Last Edit: Nov 14, 2020 04:44:08 am by ConzS »
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #5: Nov 14, 2020 11:05:43 am
      Wont last long before the bas**rds come up with some way to try and fleece the working man

Virgin and Sky must be the only companies in the world who`s identical packages sell at hundreds of different prices depending on your haggling skills  work that one out .
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #6: Nov 17, 2020 08:53:10 am
      Quote from ConzS
      I’ll take your word for it. I didn’t actually watch the game, nor know that it was shown on PPV, somewhat a coincidence in me randomly choosing a fixture I would imagine to be quite dull. Obviously I didn’t do a good job as you were thrilled by it and are able to recall the specifics of the game offhand.

I didn't see it either as it was a PPV game. The game actually finished 1-1, and with both teams trying to beat the drop, I doubt it was worth 15p, let alone 15 quid.

Quick Reply