Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leicester (Premier League) Sun 22 Nov 2020 7:15pm

Read 8646 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leicester (Premier League) Sun 22 Nov 2020 7:15pm
      Reply #46: Nov 21, 2020 09:38:35 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #47: Nov 21, 2020 10:16:55 am
      Your last sentence, did he? I had the presser on, but could only half listen. God, I hate that c**t Richarlison so f**king much.

Not by name but he reiterated how bad the foul was.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #48: Nov 21, 2020 10:20:56 am
      Have thought about it all night at work and now I think Fab will partner Matip at center back. Gini, Millie and Naby still makes a safer midfield than Nat or Rhys in the back. Plus it's less running for a newly recovered player.

Or maybe he will play in midfield.

Or maybe he takes Mo's place up front.    ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #49: Nov 21, 2020 11:23:40 am
      Have thought about it all night at work and now I think Fab will partner Matip at center back. Gini, Millie and Naby still makes a safer midfield than Nat or Rhys in the back. Plus it's less running for a newly recovered player.

Or maybe he will play in midfield.

Or maybe he takes Mo's place up front.    ;D

If Fabinho plays centre back then I wouldn’t mind Williams at right back however if it’s Philips then I would feel more comfortable having Milner at right back for the experience.

I trust Klopp so much, will back his decision!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #50: Nov 21, 2020 11:26:12 am
      If Fabinho plays centre back then I wouldn’t mind Williams at right back however if it’s Philips then I would feel more comfortable having Milner at right back for the experience.

I trust Klopp so much, will back his decision!

The issue with Milner at Rightback is Vardy and his pace, I think we will have to play a lower line to combat this.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #51: Nov 21, 2020 02:20:12 pm
      I read that Thiago and Fab both took part in training today, and that Robbo seems to be ok as well.  If true, our potential 11 still looks pretty strong in my opinion. 

Ali
      Milner - Fab - Matip - Robbo
      Thiago
      Keita - Gini
      Jota - Bobby - Mane

Exactly my team but would not be surprised to see Jones too. JD, line up builder is saying empty. I know it is an injury crisis but not that much :D
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #52: Nov 21, 2020 03:49:57 pm
      Exactly my team but would not be surprised to see Jones too. JD, line up builder is saying empty. I know it is an injury crisis but not that much :D

Not likely though is it as Thiago out
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #53: Nov 21, 2020 06:53:54 pm
      So many big players injured, difficult to see how it won't start being reflected in results.
      And Hendo being out again - think we really miss him when not available. F***ing poxy Intl friendly matches.
      Hard to predict how the game will go. Hopefully we go back to 4-3-3.
      Looking forward to it, great to have the PL matches back..
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #54: Nov 21, 2020 06:58:51 pm
      With City losing to Tottenham the Leiceister game becomes easier - just not lose (and we are more than able to do that). City is our only concern since all the other clubs will leave plenty of points on the way. Therefore I would not like to rush Thiago and Fabinho back. Give guys like Jones, Shaq, Milner, Williams some limelight.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #55: Nov 21, 2020 07:18:13 pm
      With City losing to Tottenham the Leiceister game becomes easier - just not lose (and we are more than able to do that). City is our only concern since all the other clubs will leave plenty of points on the way. Therefore I would not like to rush Thiago and Fabinho back. Give guys like Jones, Shaq, Milner, Williams some limelight.

I think you’re seriously underestimating spurs and chelsea
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #56: Nov 21, 2020 07:39:49 pm
      I think you’re seriously underestimating spurs and chelsea

Spurs will be fine but few injuries and they will struggle . Chelsea are my main worry
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #57: Nov 21, 2020 07:55:08 pm
      Spurs will be fine but few injuries and they will struggle . Chelsea are my main worry

Chelsea are strong but they can be sloppy every game and give away possession cheaply in dangerous areas. I think Spurs will finish higher than them as they are more disciplined but they might want to consider an early exit of the Europa league.
      rossyred

• 9,094 posts | 1633 
      Reply #58: Nov 21, 2020 08:01:24 pm
      Chelsea are strong but they can be sloppy every game and give away possession cheaply in dangerous areas. I think Spurs will finish higher than them as they are more disciplined but they might want to consider an early exit of the Europa league.

Injuries have and will continue to play a massive part some squads will cope some won't certainly going to be a lot closer than last year
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #59: Nov 21, 2020 08:05:27 pm
      Injuries have and will continue to play a massive part some squads will cope some won't certainly going to be a lot closer than last year

If they bring in a 5 sub rule soon it might mitigate the injury issues for clubs.

Yea it's shaping up to be a close title race with at least 4 clubs in the running to the end.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #60: Nov 21, 2020 08:09:09 pm
      The issue with Milner at Rightback is Vardy and his pace, I think we will have to play a lower line to combat this.

Theres faster players than Vardy these days. Klopp has played Dejan against him in seasons home by because he wanted him to get touch tight on him and it worked quite well. I wonder in this instance if it will be Phillip's with Fab in midfield to try and cut out his threat early in moves.

I have no idea if we win this but I'm fully expecting us to dominate the ball still. We will be the better side but it all boils down to Leicesters quick counters and if we have the cutting edge the other way.

We dominated these last season it's a shame we cant field even close to that side again.
      Don77

• 6,327 posts | 1036 
      Reply #61: Nov 21, 2020 08:57:34 pm
      My team assuming hendo and thiago are not involved.

Alisson

Milner          Matip                     Philips        Robertson

Gini         Fabinho        Keita

Shaqiri                      Jota                       Mane

Get control of midfield and we can protect the back 4 and starve vardy of posession.

Subs Adrian, R Williams, N Williams, Tsmakis, Jones, Minamino, Firmino 
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #62: Nov 21, 2020 09:01:39 pm
      So many injuries. Really hope Thiago is well on the mend now. Any doubts, don't risk him. Ditto Fab.

At the back I would not be unhappy with Phillips and Matip. I think Nat is more than just a solid header of the ball - I think he reads the game well and can be a proper CB. Probably Milner at RB. We will lose a bit of pace but, ok, sit slightly deeper. Milner is solid enough.

Midfield it is basically a case of who is still fit. We could struggle there with so many out (maybe Milner will play there and Neco at RB) but just be solid, work hard, hit them on the counter if necessary and Mane, Bobby n Jota can still cause them a lot of problems. Fancy us to win despite all the problems right now. (I think Brendan's record against the top sides is still not great as well.)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #63: Nov 21, 2020 10:34:08 pm
      The loss of Hendo is going to be huge here. Milner now has to play to be a voice on the pitch. Preferably he would be in the middle but I dont think we can trust Neco in this one.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #64: Nov 21, 2020 11:02:13 pm
      Nat is adequate. Don't forget the club were planning to sell him to a Championship side. That's where the demand for him was, so we shouldn't think of him as a long term option for us. I trust Jürgen to make it work in the short term.

As far as Man City losing goes, this is going to be a very unique title race, as has been mentioned, because of the fixtures and resulting injuries. More than ever, you have to get the maximum points whenever possible. It's FAR too early think about playing for draws or whatever. Respect Leicester, but go for the 3 points.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #65: Nov 21, 2020 11:05:04 pm
      Anybody thought of putting Robbo in as RB & Milner in his more accustomed LB position, Robbo has the pace to make things difficult for steptoe, and like I said Milner has more experience at LB, we need Fabinho in midfield having no Henderson and he alongside Gini & Keita is workman like, and have Jota & Mane flanking Bobby up top, I think it’s fairly obvious that Matip will partner Phillips as yet another new CB pairing,
      We haven’t got much to come off the bench either because of the sustained injuries, Shaq, Jones, Origi, Kostas ?, Adrian, Minamino, and we might see young Cain from the ressies who’s been pulling up a few trees apparently, spring to mind,...

Alisson

Robbo    Matip      Phillips     Milner

Gini       Fabinho      Keita

Jota          Bobby           Mane

We need to stifle that Kunt Vardy, their toothless when he’s given a hard time, and Robbo is perfectly suited to piss on his crisps, be tough but certainly not impossible.

2-1 Champions

Beware the injured animal  !

Y  N  W  A
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #66: Nov 21, 2020 11:25:17 pm
      Simply out score Leicester, certainly have the power, even without Mo. It should make for a very interesting game, even though being  nowhere near full strength.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #67: Nov 22, 2020 12:05:48 am
      I can just see Sadio tearing this game apart for us! Think he's gonna be in a mood.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #68: Nov 22, 2020 12:33:12 am
      I would play play robertson at right full back and Tsmikas on on the left.  Milner in midfield with Gini and Keita. 

Quick Reply