Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leicester (Premier League) Sun 22 Nov 2020 7:15pm

Read 8637 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leicester (Premier League) Sun 22 Nov 2020 7:15pm
      Reply #69: Nov 22, 2020 12:58:41 am
      I would play play robertson at right full back and Tsmikas on on the left.  Milner in midfield with Gini and Keita. 

Feel like is Tsmikas got a couple more games in and played good in thise games it would be a good shout.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #70: Nov 22, 2020 06:09:56 am
      I would play play robertson at right full back and Tsmikas on on the left.  Milner in midfield with Gini and Keita. 

Sorry bud, I wouldn't play Robbo RFB as he has no right foot.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #71: Nov 22, 2020 07:29:46 am
      Sorry bud, I wouldn't play Robbo RFB as he has no right foot.

I would vote no on the Robbo to right back idea as well, sorry Billy. When Millie plays left back we always lose something re crosses because he has to pull the ball back to his right and hit it from deeper. Robbo gives us so much when he can bomb forward on the left. Let Millie play more defensively and help deal with Vardy.

Of course Vardy can switch flanks as well, and then Klopp might also surprise and play Neco from the start.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #72: Nov 22, 2020 08:53:57 am
      I would vote no on the Robbo to right back idea as well, sorry Billy. When Millie plays left back we always lose something re crosses because he has to pull the ball back to his right and hit it from deeper. Robbo gives us so much when he can bomb forward on the left. Let Millie play more defensively and help deal with Vardy.

Of course Vardy can switch flanks as well, and then Klopp might also surprise and play Neco from the start.

Fair comment mate, just a idea, your probably right regarding Robbo as RB, just donā€™t want Vardy getting any joy from that side or anywhere for that matter, heā€™d breeze past Milner before he knew it, thatā€™s what concerns me the most, I guess weā€™ll all be on edge regardless though.

We need the team sheet to put us at ease 🙈

Y  N  W  A
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #73: Nov 22, 2020 10:08:33 am
      If the players we think are injured donā€™t make it then I can see klopp stick with his 4-2-4 system.

Allison
      tsimakas (or robbo)
      Matip
      Fabinho (or Phillips)
      Williams (or Milner)

Gini
      Keita

Firmino
      Minamino
      Mane
      Jota
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #74: Nov 22, 2020 10:41:46 am
      This has the makings of a cracking game. Predicting the line up and formation is just guesswork at this stage, but whoever we play, I've every confidence that we can win, but it will be tough . I'd take any kind if win to be honest (dodgy VAR call included. We're due one), wouldn't be surprised if it ends in a draw. I've went for a 2-2 in the prediction league.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #75: Nov 22, 2020 10:42:16 am
      I just can't be arsed with us going a goal down early doors again.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #76: Nov 22, 2020 10:42:31 am
      What a sh*t time for the kick off by the way!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #77: Nov 22, 2020 10:55:52 am

I just looked that up too, for F**k sake terrible on a Sunday night
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #78: Nov 22, 2020 11:13:37 am

This our first Sunday night game?

Think I prefer this kind of time to the 4pm Sunday ones tbh.  Obviously when fans are back, this kick off time would be ridiculous.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #79: Nov 22, 2020 11:26:29 am
      This our first Sunday night game?

Think I prefer this kind of time to the 4pm Sunday ones tbh.  Obviously when fans are back, this kick off time would be ridiculous.
      The villa game was Sunday night too, good to see some of us have forgotten about that so quickly :lmao:
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #80: Nov 22, 2020 11:30:20 am
      Really confident about tonight. Love it when Liverpool are being written off. We should dominate the ball so just have to make sure when they do break weā€™re not outnumbered because they break so well with Vardy Barnes and this new fella from Roma.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #81: Nov 22, 2020 12:24:59 pm
      Leicester superb on the road but I am sure Klopp has done his home work.

Letā€™s do these cu*ts
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #82: Nov 22, 2020 12:25:17 pm
      Really confident about tonight. Love it when Liverpool are being written off. We should dominate the ball so just have to make sure when they do break weā€™re not outnumbered because they break so well with Vardy Barnes and this new fella from Roma.

Love this thinking
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #83: Nov 22, 2020 12:36:17 pm
      Gutted hendo is missing - just hope we donā€™t go 1-0 down at home again
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #84: Nov 22, 2020 12:51:06 pm
      The issue with Milner at Rightback is Vardy and his pace, I think we will have to play a lower line to combat this.

I think where ever you play Milner, Vardy will target him for the difference in pace. Vardy happy to play down the middle, or drift right or left.
       We need a slightly different strategy for this one.
      What we need is one facing up Vardy with a second a bt deeper. He has to push the ball on to benefit his pace, with a cover sitting slightly deeper, that fucks it.
      Don't care how many they score, as long as we score one more !

I'm nervous about this due to our injuries etc, but they have injuries at the back as well. Still going for the wi, and will likely feel a bit more confident when I see the line up. In JĆ¼rgen we trust. C.O.Y.M. RED MEN.
      Don77

• 6,326 posts | 1036 
      Reply #85: Nov 22, 2020 01:13:11 pm
      Gutted hendo is missing - just hope we donā€™t go 1-0 down at home again

If we do its going to be very difficult. Even with all our issues, with 55000 in there today id be confident. But without ...

We cant keep conceeding first and expect to win. As I said earlier in the thread, if fit id have fabinho in midfield today with gini and keita. If we control the midfield and cut off the supply to vardy we have a great chance.

Matip and philips along with milner and robbo can deal with the danger at the back.

Shaqiri for Mo, Jota and Mane make up my team.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #86: Nov 22, 2020 01:23:27 pm
      I remember this lot on Boxing Day of last year thinking they where the dogs bollocks as did all the so called F***ing football. experts until they got blasted off the pitch at anfield & whilst we didnā€™t have the injuries then as we do now I still expect the reds to shut  the same people up as we did last year especially that crisp munching tw*t lineker.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2050 
      Reply #87: Nov 22, 2020 01:55:15 pm
      I remember this lot on Boxing Day of last year thinking they where the dogs bollocks as did all the so called f**king football. experts until they got blasted off the pitch at anfield & whilst we didnā€™t have the injuries then as we do now I still expect the reds to shut  the same people up as we did last year especially that crisp munching tw*t lineker.

Performance of the season that was. Probably one of the top 5 Premier League displays I've seen from Liverpool. Glorious stuff.

Leicester never really recovered from that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #88: Nov 22, 2020 02:26:50 pm
      I think youā€™re seriously underestimating spurs and chelsea

I think you're seriously over-estimating them cockney tw*ts!!

Chelsea will win 2 or three games then lose a game and Spurs haven't got it in them to go a full season playing the way Jose wants to.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #89: Nov 22, 2020 02:28:20 pm
      Don't care how we win tonight, most important thing is winning and get the three points.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #90: Nov 22, 2020 02:44:39 pm
      With City losing to Tottenham the Leiceister game becomes easier - just not lose (and we are more than able to do that). City is our only concern

..couldn't agree less.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #91: Nov 22, 2020 03:02:58 pm
      I think you're seriously over-estimating them cockney tw*ts!!

Chelsea will win 2 or three games then lose a game and Spurs haven't got it in them to go a full season playing the way Jose wants to.

Timo Werner is a ā€œqualityā€ player and we ā€œmissed outā€ on him. This is why I am so afraid. Iā€™m afraid of Nathan Ake too. Otherwise City would not acquire him.

Iā€™m afraid of Leicester tonight too, from Brendan to Jamie. Iā€™m afraid of losing tonight.  :mad:

Quick Reply