Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      32 (30.2%)
       Fabinho
      6 (5.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      34 (32.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (0.9%)
      Diogo Jota
      21 (19.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      11 (10.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Nov 26, 2020 09:07:26 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17542 times
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Nov 22, 2020 10:29:04 pm
      Looks like the crazy scores and mad results have finally settled down a bit? Hopefully, though City's position wouldn't seem to evidence it.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #438: Nov 22, 2020 10:29:42 pm
      Really impressive performance, one of our best so far this season. Gave Milly MOTM but could have been a few. Whole team played well. Back 4 were very solid against dangerous attackers. Good to see Bobby get his goal - well deserved, thought he was excellent.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #439: Nov 22, 2020 10:37:54 pm
      Make no mistake that is the performance of true Champions,  missing 3 parts of our back line, 2 parts of our midfield and one third of our attack,  and still we not only beat a top 4 side but totally dominated them from back to front,
      What other team could pull off such a performance such as that and in that manner without so many key players?

So difficult to choose a MoM, from Robbo, Millie,  Mane, Jota as the main stand outs, I'm given mine to Milner he is unbelievable,  just thought he was outstanding not only the way he played in two positions but his leadership and setting a example,  what fantastic asset he is, brilliant from Jimmy.

YNWA

I went with Jota but I liternally thought about each of those you mention, plus Curtis Jones, Bobby and Fab as well. Matip was solid too. Total team performance and I look forward to watching it a 2nd time.

Less than 72 hours we'll be on again vs. Atalanta.

Injury update from official site:

Shaq had a muscle injury playing for Switzerland and didn't realize it until he tried to train back at Kirkby. Don't expect him to be available midweek.

Naby did his hamstring. I imagine he will be out for weeks.

Mo has tested negative now and is supposed to resume training Monday. If he tests negative again he can play vs. Atalanta. (Reading that again I may have the sequence wrong here, but he is in the mix to play Wednesday night.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #440: Nov 22, 2020 10:39:16 pm
      That was superb. 3-0 flattered them. Really impressive dominant display. Not one of them had a bad game. I gave Milly the motm, we are so lucky to have him, played superb at RB, 2 assists, played a couple of great passes that should have led to goals and then didn't miss a beat in midfield. This side has 3 Captains and 2 of them were out injured today so up steps Milly, i actually think he is unfortunate not to have played more minutes this season. Could have just as easily given the motm to Robbo, or Matip (Fab was excellent as well), Jota was excellent, Bobby was better and Mane was a menace as usual. I thought Jones had a really tidy game and before the injury Keita was doing well also. Feel bad not mentioning Ali who was rock solid in goal, claimed crosses and made a couple of comortable saves. Oh and Gini was excellent! All of them basically! haha!
      Edmund Bear
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | 19 
      Reply #441: Nov 22, 2020 10:54:49 pm
      Did Vardy play ?

Says everything.

His wife's Instagram account has been mentioned more this week than he was tonight...
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #442: Nov 22, 2020 11:05:21 pm
      I was a bit worried about this game....did I need to be? No, definately not, we outplayed and outclassed them everywhere on the pitch, absolutely thrilled with a depleted squad as well.

Made Robbo my man of the match, he's like a growling terrier, all over the place and such a great player to have on  your team, made up for Bobby, he was so unlucky not to get one earlier so thrilled when he scored.

Great all round team performance and back up level top with Spurs.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #443: Nov 22, 2020 11:16:34 pm
      Great performance from the Reds tonight , to brush Leicester aside 3  0, despite so many injuries. Everyone seemingly playing their part, who would bet against us, retaining the title !
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #444: Nov 22, 2020 11:29:21 pm
      Midfield looking sparse hopefully Ox and Thiago back next week and Hendo midweek
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #445: Nov 22, 2020 11:37:41 pm
       Lads showed ‘character’  ;D
      Davbro
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 98 posts | 22 
      Reply #446: Nov 22, 2020 11:39:28 pm
      That has to be one of the hardest motm decisions in a while. Brilliant from absolutely everyone. I gave it to Milly because not only did he play brilliant in two positions but he is also an absolute machine. Jota is just brilliant to watch and cannot wait for the Atalanta game. Oh and how nice was it that VAR didnt raise its ugly head. Brilliant  :laugh :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #447: Nov 22, 2020 11:47:25 pm
      Still buzzing 😂😂😂😂
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #448: Nov 22, 2020 11:47:49 pm
      Gave my MOTM to Jota .

Was good to see Match Of The Day feature his performance.

Some of his touches were sublime.

His goal came at the end of a 30 pass move.
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2020 12:01:20 am by MIRO »
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #449: Nov 23, 2020 12:02:30 am
      Gave my MOTM to Jota .

Was good to see Match Of The Day feature his performance.

Some of his touches were sublime.

His goal came at the end of a 30 pass move.

The way he carries the ball, he’s so strong! Always direct and making things happen. That finish was unbelievable, I can not believe once again we pay relatively okay price for a player who is going to be worth well over a £100m again.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #450: Nov 23, 2020 01:21:57 am
      That was an excellent, 'perfect' game. Pundits and media widely predicted defeat, but we never looked like losing.

Given the loss of players, and even those returning from knocks and injuries in the lead up to this match, this was a major statement.

Was delighted to see Firmino get a goal. He seemed cursed, even in this match. Unbelievable how he didn't get the ball over the line (or was it???!!!!) up until that header. Was involved throughout the game, so a real good performance from him.

Jota yet again with a goal!! What a signing he is. Meanwhile, it was Mane who struggled. Straying offside on several occasions, and contributing little. Robertson was superb. Jones and even Williams did well. Matip and Fabinho solid. Not going to name each player, but all did well.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #451: Nov 23, 2020 03:17:43 am
      Haven't stopped Jürgen fist pumping all day. Massive WIN that! Massive!!

« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2020 03:25:19 am by AussieRed »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #452: Nov 23, 2020 03:33:01 am
      Great result! What we needed after the international break to get some good mojo going.

Two things that glared out to me was it was nice seeing Diogo slot in and the attack not losing much threat. So many times over the past couple season we cried to have the ability to rotate our trio without taking too much dip in quality. If we can get Firmino back in good form it would be nice to have option to rotate to keep things fresh.

The other thing was how good Gini was in the 6 role. His best attributes do suit him as he is great at retaining and holding ball in very tight spots. Main reason why Vardy was no threat because we cut off the supply. We did good pressing players in the ball to.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #453: Nov 23, 2020 03:56:31 am
      So sad to lose Keita again!
      He was in great form!
      I was sure Jota would score and planned to add to add him to my fantasy PL Team.  But missed the deadline.

He is not far from Salah. They look quite similar to me. Very good on the ball, very direct passing and dribbling and very hard to get the ball from them.

Long may it continue. I suspect he is undroppable on this form.

As for midfield, Jones has been more than decent and can be relied upon now. Wijnaldum was good and Keita was his usual self- it's a shame what happened to him.

Mane was excellent. Really world class although his end product could have been a bit better. As for Bobby, I think he will regain confidence and will score more regularly when the team will play with less pressure and now that he scored one.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #454: Nov 23, 2020 06:33:54 am
      His wife's Instagram account has been mentioned more this week than he was tonight...

I know right! they should just have a cat fight and sell tickets then split the proceeds 🤣 might make more cash that way
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #455: Nov 23, 2020 07:50:42 am
      Since I firmly believe in City as our only serious competitor, this win was huge since it gives us a two game lead.

I dunno about Keita, but I am ready to part ways. Use him as trade material in January.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #456: Nov 23, 2020 09:03:18 am
      The way he carries the ball, he’s so strong! Always direct and making things happen. That finish was unbelievable, I can not believe once again we pay relatively okay price for a player who is going to be worth well over a £100m again.

I was looking at perhaps Traore coming in from Wolves.

What did I know ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #457: Nov 23, 2020 09:13:39 am
      Bobbys was a goal, I dont care what the rules state that ball was over the line....goal

Glad he got his goal eventually.

More than deserved it.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #458: Nov 23, 2020 09:27:32 am
      Looking at the fixtures until the end of 2020, 7 league games left....Already 8 ahead of city, .They travel to utd and the sh*te before the year is out.

Spurs flying it. Chelsea Arsenal palace then us! Then they have Leicester Wolves and Fulham

Chelsea host spurs  before playing leeds everton Wolves west ham Arsenal and Villa..

Our remaining games...Brighton Wolves Fulham Spurs Palace West Btom and Newcastle..

Nothing is certain but I think we could start 2021 8 to 10 points clear
      « Last Edit: Nov 23, 2020 09:35:38 am by Brian78 »
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #459: Nov 23, 2020 09:55:00 am

Makes Bobby tick. Play James and Bobby comes alive!

Quick Reply