Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Leicester?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      32 (30.2%)
       Fabinho
      6 (5.7%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      34 (32.1%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      1 (0.9%)
      Diogo Jota
      21 (19.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      11 (10.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.9%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: Nov 26, 2020 09:07:26 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17784 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,480 posts | 1486 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Nov 23, 2020 10:09:43 am

Welcome back
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #461: Nov 23, 2020 11:02:02 am
      Pure dominance against a supposed title contender.

Very similar to that game around Christmas last year.  We were going to be tired after the World Championships and Leicester were being talked about as major challengers.

4-0 wasn't it.

I'm hoping this is a similar stand out moment for this season - because it certainly feels like it.
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 874 posts | 102 
      Reply #462: Nov 23, 2020 11:20:25 am
      I know right! they should just have a cat fight and sell tickets then split the proceeds 🤣 might make more cash that way

am I missing something? have the two stupid cows never heard of the phone hacking scandal ?
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #463: Nov 23, 2020 02:15:36 pm

He is the Sandman from Marvel Comics !!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,890 posts | 4963 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #464: Nov 23, 2020 02:43:06 pm
      Looking at the fixtures until the end of 2020, 7 league games left....Already 8 ahead of city, .They travel to utd and the sh*te before the year is out.

Spurs flying it. Chelsea Arsenal palace then us! Then they have Leicester Wolves and Fulham

Chelsea host spurs  before playing leeds everton Wolves west ham Arsenal and Villa..

Our remaining games...Brighton Wolves Fulham Spurs Palace West Btom and Newcastle..

Nothing is certain but I think we could start 2021 8 to 10 points clear

Loving your optimism Brian and I tend to agree with you, the pressure is on Citizens to catch up and as for the rest Chavs, Mutants, etc, are not consistent enough, Spuds presently pose the biggest threat but are too reliant on Dirty Harry and are one injury away from catastrophe, also they don’t have the squad depth required for a sustained challenge, looking at us and the bigger picture apart from Virgil & Joe we are nearing a fully fit squad and have already played most of our nearest and not so dearest and came through relatively unscathed ,

Last night was a test which we passed with flying colours and then some, like last season’s 0-4 battering for me became the catalyst to us to lifting the title, I think that win alone convinced the players that the title was imminent, that win last night felt like a turning point too, Thiago coming back in will prove further that we can go all the way again, add Jota and the three other amigos will frighten the actual sh*te out of any defence in Europe never mind the EPL,

There will of course be sterner tests to come but, as the season progresses I can only see us getting better & better, and like last season our one game at a time mantra will make us virtually impossible to overcome.

It will be a tighter race than last season but, even without the likes of Virgil etc, I still believe we are head & shoulders above the rest !

Y  N  W  A
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 2799 
      Reply #465: Nov 23, 2020 03:18:04 pm
      Still buzzing from this.

Best Liverpool performance in a while.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #466: Nov 23, 2020 04:33:46 pm
      Same and its the being written off part that does it for me. Nothing I love more than when a couple of clowns like evra and ljungberg are talking sh*te like they were in the studio pre game and it back fires. They were not the only ones though loads thought that leicester would have it their own way. Dont think Leicester had a sustained spell of possesion until after Keita went off.

'weak defense' and 'weak midfield' were the two main comments from pre match in the studio that did it for me. I am now smug as can be.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,479 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #467: Nov 23, 2020 04:41:18 pm
      Great performance and a really comfortable win in the end.
      Amazing given the number of injuries, Jürgen doing his usual wonderful job :)
      On the night, thought Milner was excellent at FB, looks like he'd been practicing his through balls, sliding great passes into forward guys. And Robbo on the other side, the lad is a machine, rarely has a poor game.
      Fab and Matip were barely troubled, did really well, made Vardy anonymous.
      In the middle Gini/Keita/Jones did well too.
      Mane did great even though he didn't get his goal, he's due a couple soon.
      Jota is so sharp and finishing really well - pinged that header into the ground for his goal.
      And delighted to see Bobby score a great header near the end, least he deserved after the efforts before then.
      Just a quality performance from a quality team :)
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #468: Nov 23, 2020 04:45:47 pm
      I liked Jones' form and how he tried to steal the ball.

Jota is on fire. We were on them every second bar 5 mins.

Keep it up
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #469: Nov 23, 2020 05:23:23 pm
      Brilliant stuff. Squad doing amazing.

Told you guys robbo was ok. ;-)
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts | 108 
      Reply #470: Nov 23, 2020 05:39:01 pm

Form is temporary, class is permanent. For me he's never been away. Form dipped but never hid. Love Bobby.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,279 posts | 1513 
      Reply #471: Nov 23, 2020 08:24:29 pm
      Form is temporary, class is permanent. For me he's never been away. Form dipped but never hid. Love Bobby.

Bang on this. Wouldn’t be nearly as effective without him. Even when he doesn’t score.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #472: Nov 24, 2020 03:59:50 pm
      Quote from WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      Same and its the being written off part that does it for me. Nothing I love more than when a couple of clowns like evra and ljungberg are talking sh*te like they were in the studio pre game and it back fires. They were not the only ones though loads thought that leicester would have it their own way. Dont think Leicester had a sustained spell of possesion until after Keita went off.

'weak defense' and 'weak midfield' were the two main comments from pre match in the studio that did it for me. I am now smug as can be.

As for Evra, fake news and fictitious claims are the only things he's qualified to speak about. As for Ljungberg, how did his management career turn out?

We've faced the best in the country, the continent, and the world at large over the years. Once you've kept Messi quiet, then Jamie Vardy is a piece of cake. We've conceded 3 goals in 7 games since the derby in all competitions, not quite the apocalyptic scenarios forecast by the public and pundits when VVD was ruled out. Now we're joint top against a side playing Thursday night football, and the title favourites are languishing in the lower half of the table, a quarter of the way through.

With 6 months to go, we're 20 points down the road to No. 20.  🏆
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #473: Dec 04, 2020 08:52:15 pm

am I missing something? have the two stupid cows never heard of the phone hacking scandal ?

oh yea but that won't sell as many papers would it!

Quick Reply