Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fans Back at Anfield

Read 7370 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Fans Back at Anfield
      Nov 26, 2020 02:52:46 pm
      2,000 fans permitted at Anfield after lockdown ends.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/26/football-fans-can-return-in-liverpool-and-london-but-not-in-manchester-and-other-areas-tiers

Fair question here: "Newcastle’s manager, Steve Bruce, criticised the whole setup: “Why only 2,000 or 4,000 fans in tier 2 or 1 when we have the capacity to safely house 20,000 at St James’ Park [capacity just over 52,000]? I think that’s unfair."

When it has come to rules with CoVid, there has been a whole lot of arbitrary.

Now.....who determines which 2,000 fans?
      Kopite78
      Re: Fans Back at Anfield
      Reply #1: Nov 26, 2020 03:01:45 pm
      2,000 fans permitted at Anfield after lockdown ends.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/nov/26/football-fans-can-return-in-liverpool-and-london-but-not-in-manchester-and-other-areas-tiers

Fair question here: "Newcastle’s manager, Steve Bruce, criticised the whole setup: “Why only 2,000 or 4,000 fans in tier 2 or 1 when we have the capacity to safely house 20,000 at St James’ Park [capacity just over 52,000]? I think that’s unfair."

When it has come to rules with CoVid, there has been a whole lot of arbitrary.

Now.....who determines which 2,000 fans?

I imagine it will be season ticket holders in a ballot like they do with cup finals

2000 is a bit of a joke though inside Anfield. But better than nothing, will be nice to hear some noise
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #2: Nov 26, 2020 03:07:18 pm
      I should have added this comment from Jürgen:

"The problem I have at the moment is that I struggle to put faith in any kind of announcement. And I don’t understand why we would now have 2,000 people in a stadium of 60,000 people, and 2,000 people in a stadium of 9,000 people. But I’m not surprised that it is not finally thought through, to be honest. But it’s good news, a good sign, and I take it, 100 percent.”

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Nov 26, 2020 03:07:52 pm
      Do away fans get same % of tickets?
      Kopite78
      Reply #4: Nov 26, 2020 03:08:41 pm
      Do away fans get same % of tickets?

No chance

Unnecessary travel isnt allowed
      Travelling between different tiers isnt allowed either

It will be a long time until away travel is allowed I'd guess
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Nov 26, 2020 04:00:48 pm
      Once again the powers at be are being over cautious, 2,000 fans in a 60,000 stadium is f***in pathetic to be honest, yes it is a start but ffs why not 8,000, 8,000 will make a better atmosphere than a paltry 2,000, and still be safe if positioned around the lower perimeter with spacing between seats, I’m sure 8000 fans live in and around the locale and within the safe levels of Gov guidelines?

I bet there would be more than 2,000 going to the f***in opera !

Y  N  W  A
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #6: Nov 26, 2020 04:05:06 pm

"The problem I have at the moment is that I struggle to put faith in any kind of announcement. And I don’t understand why we would now have 2,000 people in a stadium of 60,000 people, and 2,000 people in a stadium of 9,000 people. But I’m not surprised that it is not finally thought through, to be honest. But it’s good news, a good sign, and I take it, 100 percent.”

I imagine it's do with travel. Easy to space say 8,000 out across Anfield but a bit harder to keep them apart before or after the match.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #7: Nov 26, 2020 04:05:15 pm
      He's spot on as usual but that but especially, none of us have any faith that this government has got the slightest clue what they're doing.

Spot on, they haven’t had a clue from the very outset, in fact they don’t have a f***in clue about anything if we’re all honest, useless bunch of Tory tw*ts.

Y  N  W  A
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Nov 26, 2020 04:22:50 pm
      Personally think it's too early to have anyone back
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #9: Nov 26, 2020 04:29:45 pm
      I think say 10% of ground capacity would have been fairer, for a stadium of almost 60,000, 2000 is a piss take, still its a start.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #10: Nov 26, 2020 04:30:43 pm

Spot on, they haven’t had a clue from the very outset, in fact they don’t have a f***in clue about anything if we’re all honest, useless bunch of Tory Tw*ts.

Y  N  W  A

If only we had Corbyn, oh the utopia we would now have!! ;-)

In all seriousness this government have been sh*t in dealing with this, but only because they have listened too much to these muppet SAGE scientists who are all in the pocket of the pharmaceutical industry and stand to make a fortune from the vaccines.

One thing I read was that it was 2000 or half the capacity, but I'm not sure how they are applying that, is it the lower of those two or the higher? It literally makes no sense as a stadium with 4000 capacity can have be half full and that safe, but its not safe for a 60000 stadium to have 30000. Who came up with that figure, yepp its those SAGE muppets sticking a finger in the air again, same as 2 metre rule, rule of 6 etc etc.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #11: Nov 26, 2020 04:55:18 pm
      It surely has to do with transit but why it isn’t a percentage of capacity who the hell knows....oh I know, because no one knows their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to this pandemic and what’s logical.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #12: Nov 26, 2020 06:13:54 pm
      Think keeping it to 2 or 4k will be because of things like transport links and how congested the area is. Somewhere like Old Trafford could probably allow for a lot more with it being fairly out in the sticks and having decent transport links, whereas Anfield is slap bang in the middle of a residential area with a few bus routes and no train station for a couple of miles.

Step in the right direction at the very least. Didn't think we'd have full crowds back by the end of the season but I'm starting to get a little bit of hope that we could see full capacity for the maybe the last few home games with a vaccine around the corner.

Still devastated with how the party of all parties was stolen from us last season, so the prospect of winning #20 in front of a full Anfield is keeping me going through all this sh*te. Just need the reds to keep performing on the pitch and the government to maybe get a few things right between now and spring. Must say I've got much more confidence in the former than the latter!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Nov 26, 2020 06:34:46 pm

Spot on, they haven’t had a clue from the very outset, in fact they don’t have a f***in clue about anything if we’re all honest, useless bunch of Tory tw*ts.

Y  N  W  A

Probably based it on Rugby Union attendances!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #14: Nov 26, 2020 06:50:01 pm
      Probably based it on Rugby Union attendances!!

Good job they didn't base it on Rugby League then!! ;-)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #15: Nov 26, 2020 07:30:54 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z

Personally I can't see the British Government listening to advice on how to run their business from an EU National at this time. And I definitely can't see a British Government listening to advice from a German National at any time.

We are one of the lucky clubs where fans are allowed. So if it's going to last any length of time, then the first games have to be strictly reserved for those living nearest the stadium, so travel can be limited to the minimum necessary, walking distance if possible.

I wouldn't be getting too annoyed about the numbers tbh. People have to understand it's a sensitive time for opening any event to the public. Either it goes well and it will be increased soon afterwards, or we'll be back where we started soon enough. We have been handed a head start on crowds against our main rivals. Let's keep it that way.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #16: Nov 26, 2020 07:52:53 pm
      If only we had Corbyn, oh the utopia we would now have!! ;-)

In all seriousness this government have been sh*t in dealing with this, but only because they have listened too much to these muppet SAGE scientists who are all in the pocket of the pharmaceutical industry and stand to make a fortune from the vaccines.

One thing I read was that it was 2000 or half the capacity, but I'm not sure how they are applying that, is it the lower of those two or the higher? It literally makes no sense as a stadium with 4000 capacity can have be half full and that safe, but its not safe for a 60000 stadium to have 30000. Who came up with that figure, yepp its those SAGE muppets sticking a finger in the air again, same as 2 metre rule, rule of 6 etc etc.

Don't think it matters what political party is in power, whether it's bumbling Boris, Stammering Starmer or uncle Tom Cobley, whoever would completely F**k it up,
      Fact is they knew in January a pandemic was imminent but did F**k all about until March and the horse six field's away,

Look at NZ, they did things properly,  they too are a island nation but they are covid free and enjoying life in normality,

Whereas we are still being fu**ed about by a bunch of worthless, useless, pointless F**k pigs who can't decide if level 1 is as safe as level 4 , wankers, here's a wee f***in clue tossers, WE'RE A Island shut the f***in borders no one in no one f***in out, lockdown for a month at least and get rid of the doubt and uncertainty that you and your ineptitude has caused the very people you are supposed to protect !

YNWA
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #17: Nov 26, 2020 09:14:35 pm
      It should have been a percentage pro rata to the clubs ability to 'cope' with that and seats available.  Well done F.A, you again prove you give F.A to this problem,  yeah gov has come to this, but what the F**k are you being paid stupendess money for. You get your wedge, regardless of who goes into grounds.
      Scum
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #18: Nov 26, 2020 09:49:38 pm
      It is a start I suppose, the clubs obviously need the revenue, 2000 fans does not seem many for a stadium like Anfield to say the least. We are  still a long way from normality, whatever that is ! I think it is only fair that home fans only should be admitted to the respective ground for at least the time being. Maybe the stadium will reach half capacity to see the Reds retain the trophy next May, here's hoping .
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #19: Nov 26, 2020 11:44:52 pm
      It is a start I suppose, the clubs obviously need the revenue, 2000 fans does not seem many for a stadium like Anfield to say the least. We are  still a long way from normality, whatever that is ! I think it is only fair that home fans only should be admitted to the respective ground for at least the time being. Maybe the stadium will reach half capacity to see the Reds retain the trophy next May, here's hoping .

It's not a lot of fans, but for a start, it's better than no fans. 2000 could fill some small grounds. The small number is probably trial/pilot/test, and if all goes well, gives a platform to scale to a higher number. And if it fails, the cap is limited.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Nov 27, 2020 06:10:03 am

Don't think it matters what political party is in power, whether it's bumbling Boris, Stammering Starmer or uncle Tom Cobley, whoever would completely f**k it up,
      Fact is they knew in January a pandemic was imminent but did f**k all about until March and the horse six field's away,

Look at NZ, they did things properly,  they too are a island nation but they are covid free and enjoying life in normality,

Whereas we are still being fu**ed about by a bunch of worthless, useless, pointless F**k pigs who can't decide if level 1 is as safe as level 4 , wankers, here's a wee f***in clue tossers, WE'RE A Island shut the f***in borders no one in no one f***in out, lockdown for a month at least and get rid of the doubt and uncertainty that you and your ineptitude has caused the very people you are supposed to protect !

YNWA

So...would we have to drop out of UEFA for this season?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #21: Nov 27, 2020 08:16:30 am
      So...would we have to drop out of UEFA for this season?

No mate, as you know football has a different agenda to everything else..in that most exist in their own bubbles, but in saying that, IF borders were to close then for the sake of everyone’s health and happiness I’d gladly put football on the back burner for the good of the country and get rid of this virus and any doubt and confusion that’s happening now.

Sadly, our lily livered useless politicians don’t have the Braun the brains  nor the balls to carry it through  !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #22: Nov 27, 2020 10:44:10 am
      200 in lower King Kenny

200 in lower main

200 in lowe Anny riad

1400 in the kop behind the goal

Quick Reply