Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fans Back at Anfield

Read 7368 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Fans Back at Anfield
      Reply #23: Nov 27, 2020 12:55:23 pm
      In choosing the 2000 via a season ticket holder lottery, is there any chance the club restricts a season ticket holder from say, London, from attending the match? Would it have to be only Merseyside residents? (understanding the person holding the ticket isn't always whose name is on it).

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #24: Nov 27, 2020 07:05:54 pm
      Liverpool Football Club is planning to welcome supporters back to Anfield for the Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday December 6.

Club planning for supporters to return at Wolves game
      Priority is public health and safety throughout new process
      2,000 tickets available
      Applications from Liverpool City Region only
      Paperless tickets using mobile phone technology
      Fans encouraged to take COVID-19 test ahead of game

The Liverpool City Region has been placed in Tier 2 restrictions, so Anfield could be permitted to operate with a maximum of 2,000 supporters, in the interest of public health and safety.

The club has been working closely with its city partners, Liverpool City Council, Merseyside Police and Spirit of Shankly to create a robust plan which is in line with government guidance and prioritises the safety of the local community, supporters, staff, players and emergency services.

Those plans will need to be ratified by the council’s Ground Safety Advisory Group next week.

All city partners are encouraging those supporters who do attend this game to take a test either the day before or day of the game. Anfield’s Kop Bar will continue to be one of the city’s mass testing centres and will be open on matchdays.

A minimum of 75 per cent of the 2,000 tickets available for the Wolves fixture will be used for general admission, which is aligned to the ratio used when the stadium is at full capacity. The remaining tickets will be allocated to hospitality supporters, players and to meet contractual obligations. Only Anfield’s Main Stand will be in use for the Wolves fixture.

LFC will launch a ballot process to allocate the tickets available for this fixture. Guidance and support from the city’s public health team has outlined that the ballot will only be open to supporters who live within the Liverpool City Region. Supporters must also be a season ticket holder or current official Member with 19 credits from the 2018-19 Premier League season who have completed Fan Update.

Ticket prices for games with a significantly reduced capacity will not be set at the usual price points. They are based on a weighted average of general admission and seasonal ticket prices across the stadium. An adult general admission ticket will cost £44.92 and concessional ticket prices will also be based on the same weighted average calculation.

Fans can enter the ballot via an online system in the coming days, which will require them to provide their details and those they wish to attend with. Supporters will be allocated an individually-spaced seat to minimise the risk to public health and fellow supporters.

Before entering the ballot, fans must refer to a new supporter code of conduct and, if successful, complete a health declaration questionnaire at the point of ticket purchase to ensure they comply with the new guidelines that will be in place to make Anfield as safe as possible for everybody present.

The club will also be rolling out NFC technology to manage access and understand who is in the stadium. The use of NFC technology will allow fans to gain access to the stadium using an electronic ticket on their smartphone to minimise physical contact.

The ticket ballot application process and supporter code of conduct will be launched in the coming days on a new dedicated website hub which will provide full guidance
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #25: Nov 28, 2020 09:44:14 am
      Liverpool Football Club is planning to welcome supporters back to Anfield for the Premier League match against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Sunday December 6.

Club planning for supporters to return at Wolves game
      Priority is public health and safety throughout new process
      2,000 tickets available
      Applications from Liverpool City Region only
      Paperless tickets using mobile phone technology
      Fans encouraged to take COVID-19 test ahead of game

The Liverpool City Region has been placed in Tier 2 restrictions, so Anfield could be permitted to operate with a maximum of 2,000 supporters, in the interest of public health and safety.

The club has been working closely with its city partners, Liverpool City Council, Merseyside Police and Spirit of Shankly to create a robust plan which is in line with government guidance and prioritises the safety of the local community, supporters, staff, players and emergency services.

Those plans will need to be ratified by the council’s Ground Safety Advisory Group next week.

All city partners are encouraging those supporters who do attend this game to take a test either the day before or day of the game. Anfield’s Kop Bar will continue to be one of the city’s mass testing centres and will be open on matchdays.

A minimum of 75 per cent of the 2,000 tickets available for the Wolves fixture will be used for general admission, which is aligned to the ratio used when the stadium is at full capacity. The remaining tickets will be allocated to hospitality supporters, players and to meet contractual obligations. Only Anfield’s Main Stand will be in use for the Wolves fixture.

LFC will launch a ballot process to allocate the tickets available for this fixture. Guidance and support from the city’s public health team has outlined that the ballot will only be open to supporters who live within the Liverpool City Region. Supporters must also be a season ticket holder or current official Member with 19 credits from the 2018-19 Premier League season who have completed Fan Update.

Ticket prices for games with a significantly reduced capacity will not be set at the usual price points. They are based on a weighted average of general admission and seasonal ticket prices across the stadium. An adult general admission ticket will cost £44.92 and concessional ticket prices will also be based on the same weighted average calculation.

Fans can enter the ballot via an online system in the coming days, which will require them to provide their details and those they wish to attend with. Supporters will be allocated an individually-spaced seat to minimise the risk to public health and fellow supporters.

Before entering the ballot, fans must refer to a new supporter code of conduct and, if successful, complete a health declaration questionnaire at the point of ticket purchase to ensure they comply with the new guidelines that will be in place to make Anfield as safe as possible for everybody present.

The club will also be rolling out NFC technology to manage access and understand who is in the stadium. The use of NFC technology will allow fans to gain access to the stadium using an electronic ticket on their smartphone to minimise physical contact.

The ticket ballot application process and supporter code of conduct will be launched in the coming days on a new dedicated website hub which will provide full guidance

Wonder if this ballot is going to be a trial for the new ticketing process when things get back to normal. They were touting the idea of a ballot replacing some of the late sales in a survey they sent out last season. Was supposed to be a new ticketing platform being launched for this season too before all the COVID kicked off
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #26: Nov 28, 2020 10:24:43 am
      Think keeping it to 2 or 4k will be because of things like transport links and how congested the area is. Somewhere like Old Trafford could probably allow for a lot more with it being fairly out in the sticks and having decent transport links, whereas Anfield is slap bang in the middle of a residential area with a few bus routes and no train station for a couple of miles.

This is spot on.  2,000 indeed isn't a lot inside the stadium but it's probably quite a lot before the match having a substantial meal in The Arkles/chippy/pie shop etc.

If everybody dropped from space into their seat I'm sure a lot more could be accomodated but the world doesn't work like that. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #27: Nov 28, 2020 10:28:51 am

I know football priced out the working class fan a long time ago.  Now nobody with sh*t phones can come in.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #28: Nov 28, 2020 07:06:30 pm
      I know football priced out the working class fan a long time ago.  Now nobody with sh*t phones can come in.

Touts will now have to sell phones outside the ground!!
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | 111 
      Reply #29: Nov 29, 2020 02:03:27 pm
      Wonder if this ballot is going to be a trial for the new ticketing process when things get back to normal. They were touting the idea of a ballot replacing some of the late sales in a survey they sent out last season. Was supposed to be a new ticketing platform being launched for this season too before all the COVID kicked off
      Yeah, it will be interesting to see what happens. Technically - at the moment - there are no season ticket holders because the club didn't sell any season tickets for this season, so it will be interesting to see what happens if/when they do decide to reinstate season ticketing and how they do it - ie do they just go back to those who had a season ticket last season or do it in a different way
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: Nov 30, 2020 01:28:13 am
      This is easy for me to say as I live in Australia but I reckon we should F**k the cu*ts off and boycott going back to the games until they sort this VAR sh*t off. Turning people off in their droves this fkn VAR..might make a statement that we find it totally unacceptable and it needs fixing or getting rid of straight away. I'm not just talking about our Club, talking about the others boycotting as well. Stick it right up them! So sick of getting ripped!!!!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #31: Nov 30, 2020 12:26:06 pm
      This is easy for me to say as I live in Australia but I reckon we should f**k the cu*ts off and boycott going back to the games until they sort this VAR sh*t off. Turning people off in their droves this fkn VAR..might make a statement that we find it totally unacceptable and it needs fixing or getting rid of straight away. I'm not just talking about our Club, talking about the others boycotting as well. Stick it right up them! So sick of getting ripped!!!!

Definitely needs to be some form of organized action across the board. Think it would be impossible to have universal boycotts though as it's hard enough trying to organize a boycott at one club, let alone getting another 19 PL clubs on board.

I think protests / banners would probably be the best way forward, maybe centred around the big TV fixtures once everything is back to normal. Best way for people to send a message without having to miss the match 

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Dec 01, 2020 12:03:02 am
      Definitely needs to be some form of organized action across the board. Think it would be impossible to have universal boycotts though as it's hard enough trying to organize a boycott at one club, let alone getting another 19 PL clubs on board.

I think protests / banners would probably be the best way forward, maybe centred around the big TV fixtures once everything is back to normal. Best way for people to send a message without having to miss the match 

Good thinking mate! Banners, protests, get these bas**rds attention because ATM they just seem to be doing as they please on a weekly basis. No consistency at all!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #33: Dec 01, 2020 03:58:58 pm
      Quote from AussieRed
      This is easy for me to say as I live in Australia but I reckon we should boycott going back to the games until they sort this VAR sh*t off. Turning people off in their droves this fkn VAR..might make a statement that we find it totally unacceptable and it needs fixing or getting rid of straight away. I'm not just talking about our Club, talking about the others boycotting as well. Stick it right up them!

Frankly, there is more chance of snow falling in Darwin in December.

Certain clubs fans who promote cheating and diving in our sport, tried the protest stunt at games halfway through last season. A snap, badly managed, disorganised VAR protest was held by the home fans during one game. When one of their opponents was dismissed for serious foul play in the second half on the advice of the VAR, the protest was laughed out of town. They didn't boycott though, they all still turned up to see fair play in action, until such time as they were locked out by something they knew nothing about.

VAR is an irreversible part of the game, and it's doing the job it's supposed to do. It's just kept us in the position we started yesterday in, and it helped push us over the line last season. Wrong decisions are being corrected, so if you're waiting for VAR to go somewhere, you'll be waiting.

The lucky ones successful for the Wolves game  are ineligible from attending future home games, until all those who miss out have attended a game instead. The Kop and Main Stand will be open for games, until the current limits change.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #34: Dec 01, 2020 04:17:16 pm
      Frankly, there is more chance of snow falling in Darwin in December.

Certain clubs fans who promote cheating and diving in our sport, tried the protest stunt at games halfway through last season. A snap, badly managed, disorganised VAR protest was held by the home fans during one game. When one of their opponents was dismissed for serious foul play in the second half on the advice of the VAR, the protest was laughed out of town. They didn't boycott though, they all still turned up to see fair play in action, until such time as they were locked out by something they knew nothing about.

VAR is an irreversible part of the game, and it's doing the job it's supposed to do. It's just kept us in the position we started yesterday in, and it helped push us over the line last season. Wrong decisions are being corrected, so if you're waiting for VAR to go somewhere, you'll be waiting.

The lucky ones successful for the Wolves game  are ineligible from attending future home games, until all those who miss out have attended a game instead. The Kop and Main Stand will be open for games, until the current limits change.

You must be on someone's payroll to keep singing the VAR song being as fu**ed up as it is.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #35: Dec 01, 2020 05:31:51 pm
      2000 fans is a start. I can’t help but feel the atmosphere will be like a Sunday league football match though.
      Iv been to anfield when only 20,000 or so were there and the sounds and songs were crap.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #36: Dec 01, 2020 06:04:00 pm
      Already had an email concerning ballot for Wolves game.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #37: Dec 01, 2020 06:11:30 pm
      Already had an email concerning ballot for Wolves game.

Are you going ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #38: Dec 01, 2020 06:15:34 pm

Nope swerving it at the moment, all still sounds too much of a ballache. Part of the enjoyment for me is having a natter and a laugh with those sitting around me.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #39: Dec 01, 2020 06:48:07 pm
      Nope swerving it at the moment, all still sounds too much of a ballache. Part of the enjoyment for me is having a natter and a laugh with those sitting around me.

Does it say about not being able to cheer or shout ?
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 488 posts | 100 
      Reply #40: Dec 01, 2020 07:34:12 pm
      I'd love to be there but I'm not a Liverpool resident or season ticket holder anymore.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41: Dec 02, 2020 09:24:48 am
      Does it say about not being able to cheer or shout ?

You have to sign up to a new code of conduct, which I imagine would involve that.
      rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #42: Dec 02, 2020 09:54:35 am
      You have to sign up to a new code of conduct, which I imagine would involve that.

Fxxk that then
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #43: Dec 02, 2020 02:55:39 pm
      Part of the enjoyment for me is having a natter and a laugh with those sitting around me.

You are patient zero. ;)
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #44: Dec 02, 2020 03:32:40 pm

haha, no f'ing way.

"To go to the game you must not cheer or shout" nah
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #45: Dec 02, 2020 03:54:56 pm
      We need to be loud to make it remarkable :)

Quick Reply