Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - EPL (Sat.. 28 Nov. 12:30 pm)

Read 3771 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - EPL (Sat.. 28 Nov. 12:30 pm)
      Nov 27, 2020 01:09:50 pm
      All of 62.5 hours following the completion of the latest football match, Liverpool is at it again in the made-for-TV early Saturday, traveling south to face Brighton. Jürgen rotated the team on Wednesday for what turned out to be an abysmal performance, but there are still major question marks hovering over team selection as a number of Reds are still out injured and others have had little to no break amidst the crowded schedule of matches.

The manager didn't give much away at today's presser as to who will be available for selection on Saturday, but it doesn't look like Thiago Alcantara, Naby Keita, Shaqiri or Trent Alexander-Arnold will be involved, having not returned to team training yet. Long-term injuries still include Alex Oxlade-Chamberlin, Virgil Van Dijk and Joe Gomez.

Regardless of that, the whole team will want to bounce back Saturday.
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2020 10:35:47 am by JD »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - EPL (Sat.. 28 Nov. 12:30 pm)
      Reply #1: Nov 27, 2020 01:37:09 pm
      Is Mo out of this one? Due to the covid issue? Prem league and champions league having different rules?

Never like early kick offs. A game I fully expect us to take 3 points from as we will up it from Wednesday, no way we will be as bad 2 games in a row. Hopefully Hendo makes it. His drive alone will see us up a level.

Assuming Hendo is in in and Mo is out, and Id rest Gini, my 11

Alisson
      Milner  Matip   Rhys Robbo

Hendo    Fab
                     Minamino

Mane  Bobby Jota
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Re: Pre-Match: Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - EPL (Sat.. 28 Nov. 12:30 pm)
      Reply #2: Nov 27, 2020 02:09:13 pm
      Hendo with Gini and Jones I presume or Fab but very doubt he will be moved from CB think Mane might get a rest for this one and come on if necessary
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #3: Nov 27, 2020 02:13:31 pm
      Believe Lamptey suspended as well who is a dangerous player for them hope we have enough in the tank to get us over the line
      Kopite78
      Reply #4: Nov 27, 2020 02:25:12 pm
      Believe Lamptey suspended as well who is a dangerous player for them hope we have enough in the tank to get us over the line

He got sent off last week for 2 yellows which they cdnt appeal so yeah hes out
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4986 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #5: Nov 27, 2020 03:01:16 pm
      Not sure if the skipper will be fit enough yet, Salah should be back after the rona scare and having tested negative last test, not much choice at the mo as we’re down to the bare bones so the team kind of picks itself.......

Alisson

Milner  Matip  Fabinho Robbo

Jota      Gini     Jones

Salah     Bobby     Mane

B & HA are a very decent outfit and play a style of football that’s easy on the eye, however consistency is their nemesis and recently have taken a dip in form,  so I don’t imagine by any stretch they will get the better of us,
      Unfortunately for them they will be up against a side reeling from that debacle of a performance mid-week and will want put things right not only for the gaffer but for themselves, so I can envisage a bit of a goal fest in order to bring us back on track, we have a goal deficit  over Spuds which we need to close before we face them in a few weeks time,

I wouldn’t risk Hendo or anyone else close to coming back, I’d use as much out time as possible before bringing them back in, a few extra days at Kirby won’t do any harm and is like to prove beneficial long term,

0 - 4 Champions Elect pt2

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #6: Nov 27, 2020 03:13:14 pm
      Not sure if the skipper will be fit enough yet, Salah should be back after the rona scare and having tested negative last test, not much choice at the mo as we’re down to the bare bones so the team kind of picks itself.......

Alisson

Milner  Matip  Fabinho Robbo

Jota      Gini     Jones

Salah     Bobby     Mane

B & HA are a very decent outfit and play a style of football that’s easy on the eye, however consistency is their nemesis and recently have taken a dip in form,  so I don’t imagine by any stretch they will get the better of us,
      Unfortunately for them they will be up against a side reeling from that debacle of a performance mid-week and will want put things right not only for the gaffer but for themselves, so I can envisage a bit of a goal fest in order to bring us back on track, we have a goal deficit  over Spuds which we need to close before we face them in a few weeks time,

I wouldn’t risk Hendo or anyone else close to coming back, I’d use as much out time as possible before bringing them back in, a few extra days at Kirby won’t do any harm and is like to prove beneficial long term,

0 - 4 Champions Elect pt2

Y  N  W  A

Id give Mane a rest for this one or at least start him on the bench and have a front three of Mo, Bobby and Jota, midfield I'd go with Hendo, Gini and Jones, defence Millie, Matip, Fab and Robbo.  Should hopefully be a fairly routine win
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4986 
      Reply #7: Nov 27, 2020 03:20:42 pm
      Id give Mane a rest for this one or at least start him on the bench and have a front three of Mo, Bobby and Jota, midfield I'd go with Hendo, Gini and Jones, defence Millie, Matip, Fab and Robbo.  Should hopefully be a fairly routine win

Yep good shout but do we risk Hendo ? I guess the meds team will know whether it’s worth the risk or not, I’d actually go with this for the Ajax game and allow Hendo a few more extra days , but we’ll see, whatever tho we should win at a canter really!
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #8: Nov 27, 2020 03:43:44 pm
      Yep good shout but do we risk Hendo ? I guess the meds team will know whether it’s worth the risk or not, I’d actually go with this for the Ajax game and allow Hendo a few more extra days , but we’ll see, whatever tho we should win at a canter really!

There’s an analytics team who would calculate the risk/reward probability I think... ;D
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #9: Nov 27, 2020 03:50:02 pm
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4986 
      Reply #10: Nov 27, 2020 03:59:25 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #11: Nov 27, 2020 04:06:48 pm
      Mad that we have this game so early after the last. The schedule for this season is absolutely ridiculous and the nonsense internationals don't help.

I've missed a bit of football this week and didn't see the CL game and also won't see this one.

Walking wonder for us really so I think I'd go:

Alisson

Milner     Williams     Fabinho     Robertson

Gini        Jones

Salah      Minamino      Jota

Firmino

I don't think we can afford to stretch Matip to another game so soon and Mane could do with a rest as well.

Not a huge fan of us in this formation but needs must I feel
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: Nov 27, 2020 04:20:28 pm
      NB: Team no longer available
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #13: Nov 27, 2020 05:09:54 pm
      3rd game in less than a week for Matip gives me the hibbie jibbies, so might be tempted to go with Fab-Rhys (or Phillips) in the back and Milner at RB for experience. Robbo naturally slots in his position.

Hendo being available would be massive. He, Jones and Gini start in midfield and you go Mo-Bobby-Jota up front. Rest Mane.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #14: Nov 27, 2020 06:25:49 pm
      Matip went off early in midweek so I'm taking that as a sign he plays tomorrow.

As for this game I think I'd take a draw you know.

The schedule getting very hectic now and the Ajax game midweek has taken on big importance.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #15: Nov 27, 2020 09:12:41 pm
      Klopp does have a couple options in terms on how to set up and who to play. I still he will go back to Matip-Fabinho pair at CB though I wouldn't be oppose to giving Rhys another go with Matip and have Fabhino play in the middle with Hendo to give Gini a break.

Don't know what to expect from Brighton, they played us somewhat tough last season and on their day can cause issues though goals been hard to come by I figure we got scoring boots on we can take it to them.

--------------------------Alisson--------------------
      Milner--------Matip------Williams-----Robbo
      ------------------Hendo-----Fabinho-----------
      -----Salah-------------Minamino---------Jota
      ----------------------------Firmino-----------------

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,146 posts | 2779 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #16: Nov 27, 2020 09:42:39 pm
      I think Rhys deserves his place either way to be honest
      rossyred

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #17: Nov 27, 2020 09:52:42 pm
      The subs previous match usually good indicator Matip and Gini will play I would think just who partners Matip and I think Fab
      CT_LFC

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #18: Nov 27, 2020 10:06:35 pm
      Matip went off early in midweek so I'm taking that as a sign he plays tomorrow.

Or that he tweaked something. Such is life with Joel.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #19: Nov 28, 2020 12:04:23 am
      I doubt I will finish work in time for this game.
      It should be decent. Brighton will come at us which will suit us.
      There should be goals in this...

Allison
      Robertson
      Williams
      Matip
      Fabinho

Gini
      Henderson

Firmino
      Salah
      Mane
      Jota
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #20: Nov 28, 2020 07:46:03 am
      Origi showed nothing against Atalanta and he doesnt suit our style one bit in the way Minamino supposedly should on paper.

And yet it's still the case with him than he can score goals if the stars align. He may well come on for the run as they say in the racing and if 2 of the 4 forwards drop to the bench today I wouldn't be completely shocked if Origi takes his place in the side over Taki.

Milner would need a game off somewhere down the line but the form of Neco makes that really difficult. Do we risk 3 points on him playing today or against Ajax on Tuesday?
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #21: Nov 28, 2020 09:18:19 am

That's a real bonus, he's a cracking little player and probably their most creative.

Much will hinge on whether Henderson is fit enough to start. I don't think Klopp will want the inexperience of either of Rhys and especially Neco so i would expect to see Milner and Fabinho in the back 4. if Hendo isn't fit to go from the start i would prefer Milner stays at full back and Fab comes back into midfield with either of Rhys or Phillips at CB. I think Neco is a weak link if he plays.

Be interesting to see if Jota plays along with the front 3 as against City, that's the other option.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,286 posts | 763 
      Reply #22: Nov 28, 2020 09:21:14 am
      Gone for a 3  1 away win for the Reds. Surely Jürgen Klopp will have the lads fired up for this game against Brighton. Also think that their will be a few goals today. Simply let's get back to winning ways.

Quick Reply