Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 12th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v BHA?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      1 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      17 (26.6%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      8 (12.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (6.3%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      25 (39.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (6.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2020 02:26:35 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21742 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,535 posts | 3470 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Nov 28, 2020 02:50:19 pm
      Happened right in front of atwell first time around,  if anything the replay is a worse angle. Didn't play well again which is a huge concern. Phillips motm for me.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #392: Nov 28, 2020 02:54:15 pm
      post match interview arguing with Jürgen about who's to blame for the 12:30 kickoff after wednesday match.

Interviewer says it is EPL clubs' fault...

EDIT - w**ker's name is Des Kelly.

Full quote from Klopp:

“When we had a talk between the managers a week ago, most wanted five subs. Since then nothing happened. Chris Wilder or whoever says constantly than I am selfish. I think all the things he said show that he’s selfish. For example, if we have five subs today I take off Robbo to protect him and bring on Kostas Tsimikas.

“I only go for the broadcasters when we have to play Wednesday and 12.30pm on a Saturday. Only seven managers have a similar problem and they all agree. In this season it’s a bigger problem, and it’s not okay. We’ve had this slot three times. Look who else had it three times: nobody.”

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #393: Nov 28, 2020 02:54:49 pm
      Was welbeck in control of the ball, no, did Robbo get the ball yes, ie not a penalty, no way.

Robbo never touched the ball, he kicked Wellbeck's foot hence the F***ing pen!!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,297 posts | 940 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #394: Nov 28, 2020 02:55:06 pm
      Come on Burnly
      Kopite78
      Reply #395: Nov 28, 2020 02:55:17 pm
      Too many in midfield didn't show today we're struggling with strength in depth

Depth?

GK

Ali
      Adrian
      Kelleher

RB
      Trent (injured)
      Neco

LB
      Robbo
      Kostas

CB
      Virg (injured)
      Gomez (injured)
      Matip(mostly injured)

Midfield

Thiago (injured)
      Hendo (coming back from injury)
      Milner (having to cover other injuries)
      Jones(had to come on at RB)
      Gini (playing every game)
      Fabinho (having to play CB)
      Keita (injured)
      Shaq (injured)
      Chambo (injured)

Just how many options to you want them to have ? Seriously engage your brain to your F***ing gob

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,297 posts | 940 
      Reply #396: Nov 28, 2020 02:56:06 pm
      On a positive note thought Phillips had a good game
      Kopite78
      Reply #397: Nov 28, 2020 02:56:40 pm
      Klopp’s head went a bit there

100% agree with him and 100% back him
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #398: Nov 28, 2020 02:57:03 pm
      It was a penalty no question.

The issue again was that VAR should have been involved as it was not clear and obvious. In real time it didn't look a pen.

Either way we were sh*t, this result won't define our season but we need to play a lot better in the coming weeks to ensure we are there or thereabouts in the after the new year.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #399: Nov 28, 2020 02:58:00 pm
      I was always led to believe that it is only a penalty when the player is facing the goal? No?
      Welbeck had his back to the goal.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #400: Nov 28, 2020 02:58:23 pm
      post match interview arguing with Jürgen about who's to blame for the 12:30 kickoff after wednesday match.

Interviewer says it is EPL clubs' fault...

EDIT - w**ker's name is Des Kelly.

Full quote from Klopp:

“When we had a talk between the managers a week ago, most wanted five subs. Since then nothing happened. Chris Wilder or whoever says constantly than I am selfish. I think all the things he said show that he’s selfish. For example, if we have five subs today I take off Robbo to protect him and bring on Kostas Tsimikas.

“I only go for the broadcasters when we have to play Wednesday and 12.30pm on a Saturday. Only seven managers have a similar problem and they all agree. In this season it’s a bigger problem, and it’s not okay. We’ve had this slot three times. Look who else had it three times: nobody.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #401: Nov 28, 2020 02:58:53 pm
      I did say before kick off I was concerned about them playing Milner twice in 60 odd hours and looks like he's done his hamstring now.  Hadn't realised that Curtis Jones sat out training yesterday but again shows how Klopp's selection has been a little bit forced.

Landed ourselves in a big mess here.  And now we've got a game against Ajax when they will, just like Atalanta, really have to go for a win.

Right now, Thiago looks massively expensive at £20M.

And yet what do we do in Jan? To be honest we may be better drawing a big line under this season and taking our medicine than buying a lot of squad players that will bloat the squad in the long run.

We already have a lot of Tsimikas, Minamino, Origi, Neco type players who are becoming deadwood.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,297 posts | 940 
      Reply #402: Nov 28, 2020 02:59:08 pm

The issue again was that VAR should have been involved as it was not clear and obvious. In real time it didn't look a pen.

Either way we were sh*t, this result won't define our season but we need to play a lot better in the coming weeks to ensure we are there or thereabouts in the after the new year.

We will have to knuckle down quick Wolvesand Spurs coming up soon
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #403: Nov 28, 2020 02:59:15 pm
      I was always led to believe that it is only a penalty when the player is facing the goal? No?
      Welbeck had his back to the goal.

No such rule.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,517 posts | 2873 
      Reply #404: Nov 28, 2020 03:00:11 pm
      100% agree with him and 100% back him

Oh he’s right don't get me wrong but I think he fell into the trap BT laid for him a bit there.

Said he’d leave it yesterday in his presser but obviously got caught up in the moment a bit.

Kopite78
      Reply #405: Nov 28, 2020 03:00:14 pm

. In real time it didn't look a pen.

Contradiction much?

Anything can look a foul slowed down and out of context
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,262 posts | 1118 
      Reply #406: Nov 28, 2020 03:00:47 pm
      Probably not a popular opinion, but I dunno how good i feel about the MF getting healthy in all honesty. If Ox and Kieta become available on Tuesday should that put my mind at ease? Are they all of a sudden going to be different players whose bodies start holding up in the most difficult time of the year? I love our players, but I have to be real. Most of our players in the MF are injury prone. History tells me when both come back, it won't be for long. I think we need to look at the MF in January along with CB
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,559 posts | 1547 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #407: Nov 28, 2020 03:01:50 pm
      That's not a penalty on Wellbeck. Look at Robertson, his eyes are on the ball, and when he does clip Wellbeck's foot, just look at Robo's expression, he's worried. Why? Because he was only focused on clearing the ball and nothing else.

Football is a contact sport. If you are going to apply that amount of analysis you are going to get freekicks all over the park!

I also fully agree with everything Klopp said in that interview.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,515 posts | 8685 
      Reply #408: Nov 28, 2020 03:02:37 pm
      Slightly better than the other night and should of put that game to bed today. Salah looked a lot fresher today yet gets taken off while Bobby and Minamino stay on confused me slightly. Salah would of got another chance!

Throwing Curtis in at right back when he came on was a mistake too. Not blaming VAR today as our own silly mistakes did for us.
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 116 
      Reply #409: Nov 28, 2020 03:04:30 pm

I've no idea how you've come to that conclusion. Wellbeck in the air with no control over the ball, probably had no idea where the ball was, back to goal, Robbo eyes only on the ball to clear which he does and makes minimal contact with Wellbeck. If that's a pen the the game is gone. Seriously a F***ing awful example of VAR and officious w**ker referees wanting to be the main focus.
      Kopite78
      Reply #410: Nov 28, 2020 03:05:14 pm
      Slightly better than the other night and should of put that game to bed today. Salah looked a lot fresher today yet gets taken off while Bobby and Minamino stay on confused me slightly. Salah would of got another chance!

Throwing Curtis in at right back when he came on was a mistake too. Not blaming VAR today as our own silly mistakes did for us.

Jürgen said after the game why Salah had to come off

Who would you put on at RB at that point?

That's not a penalty on Wellbeck. Look at Robertson, his eyes are on the ball, and when he does clip Wellbeck's foot, just look at Robo's expression, he's worried. Why? Because he was only focused on clearing the ball and nothing else.

Football is a contact sport. If you are going to apply that amount of analysis you are going to get freekicks all over the park!

I also fully agree with everything Klopp said in that interview.

100%
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #411: Nov 28, 2020 03:05:54 pm
      Probably not a popular opinion, but I dunno how good i feel about the MF getting healthy in all honesty. If Ox and Kieta become available on Tuesday should that put my mind at ease? Are they all of a sudden going to be different players whose bodies start holding up in the most difficult time of the year? I love our players, but I have to be real. Most of our players in the MF are injury prone. History tells me when both come back, it won't be for long. I think we need to look at the MF in January along with CB

At least it would give options at the moment where Milner, Gini and Fabinho aren't playing more minutes in a short span of matches than they should.

Both have had issues with injuries I get it, but our schedule is just ridiculous, and we're running out of bodies.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,517 posts | 2873 
      Reply #412: Nov 28, 2020 03:06:03 pm

Ask yourself would any on field ref have given that in real time?

The answer is no. Literally everything tackle would be a penalty if you slowed it down and watched it enough times.
      Kopite78
      Reply #413: Nov 28, 2020 03:07:42 pm
      Ask yourself would any on field ref have given that in real time?

The answer is no. Literally everything tackle would be a penalty if you slowed it down and watched it enough times.

Peter Walton in real time and watching back throughout with context said no pen

No way on earth it is,even Welbeck after said it was soft and he was surprised even though he appealed

No way a pen, game has gone

Quick Reply