Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v BHA?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      1 (1.6%)
      Nat Phillips
      17 (26.6%)
       Fabinho
      2 (3.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      8 (12.5%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      4 (6.3%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      25 (39.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (3.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (6.3%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: Dec 02, 2020 02:26:35 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20791 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,807 posts | 1402 
      Re: Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Nov 28, 2020 03:52:11 pm
      Maybe im too hungover for this discussion but regardless VAR, penalty or not we didn't deserve to win as I said in my post.

I see Robbo hit the opposition player knocking him off balance before getting to the ball, I think it's a foul anywhere else on the pitch so taking out my emotional attachment in the situation I agree with why it's a penalty.

You say its not fair enough, but in the grand scheme of things the bigger issue is:

We weren't good enough to win

But we were about to battle out the 3 points like we have done many times in the past, winning despite not playing your best, which with the amount of injuries and cramped schedule, no one reasonable would expect this team to be playing fluid, heavy metal football.

People serious lack context sometimes.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,167 posts | 8548 
      Reply #438: Nov 28, 2020 03:53:05 pm
      I thought it was a pen to be honest in the current climate. I wouldn't mind being proven wrong though and my god are we due a decision!

Milner getting injured killed us no doubt about it that was the final blow before the water started leaking in.

Hendo may have been better going to right back and Gini our furthest back of the midfield 3 with Curtis going on a bit.

It's at that stage now where It's inevitable points are going to be lost. If we get a point at the moment you take it.

All in all a great big mess and hopes of a title will depend a lot on the form of teams around us and a lot on going out of Europe in all honesty.

Cant do both this year.

I think the genuine fear with moving Hendo was losing a grip of the midfield which seemed to shift once Hendo came on at ht.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 819 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #439: Nov 28, 2020 04:05:19 pm
      But we were about to battle out the 3 points like we have done many times in the past, winning despite not playing your best, which with the amount of injuries and cramped schedule, no one reasonable would expect this team to be playing fluid, heavy metal football.

People serious lack context sometimes.

Also seems like people like to act like we never have bad games either and we can't notice it as fans.

We were not good enough plain and simple.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #440: Nov 28, 2020 04:11:02 pm
      Surely there should be a lot more (organized at least) pressure brought against this VAR farce.

I'm not arsed about the result, or the penalty, I just dont want to withhold my celebrations for five minutes while a gang of virgins quantity survey toenails in a bunker hundreds of miles away.

If supporters unions and fan groups worked together, we could actually make some ground against getting rid of this sh*te
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #441: Nov 28, 2020 04:17:30 pm
      I think the genuine fear with moving Hendo was losing a grip of the midfield which seemed to shift once Hendo came on at ht.

No doubt about it, we could do with cloning a few of our lads because they are needed all over the pitch.

Our midfield has plenty of depth but it cannot handle covering the defence as well.

Getting Thiago and Ox back will help a bit but it's a hard task now putting an XI out that can win matches in this league.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #442: Nov 28, 2020 04:18:15 pm
      Not a peno for me, thought it was a 50/50, neither player touched the ball beforehand, both going to kick the ball, but kick each other, OK Robbo got more on it, but you could argue Wellbeck impeded him while he was trying to clear the ball. Either way, surely needs to be clear and obvious, and no way was it that for me.
      And the Salah goal, ffs, not even going there.
      Whatever about not playing well, and we didn't really, decisions change games - and thought decisions not in our hands robbed us of points today. AGAIN.
      VAR, simply sh*te.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,107 posts | 83 
      Reply #443: Nov 28, 2020 04:21:24 pm
      I hope this VAR sh*t doesn't distract Jürgen from the poor performance of his boys. That's the part he needs to address. We had 3 good moments in the game (the goal, Salah's goal, Mané's goal). That's not good enough against an outside-top6-team. We looked tired, actually Salah's substitution outburst was the only moment of juice.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #444: Nov 28, 2020 04:34:01 pm
      I hope this VAR sh*t doesn't distract Jürgen from the poor performance of his boys. That's the part he needs to address. We had 3 good moments in the game (the goal, Salah's goal, Mané's goal). That's not good enough against an outside-top6-team. We looked tired, actually Salah's substitution outburst was the only moment of juice.

Think you have a valid point, what ever your thoughts on VAR it hides the fact of our second piss poor performance on the bounce, we were playing Brighton who are 16th in the table, ok we have many injuries but still should be putting in better performance than that, defence all over the place. Midfield that created nothing, we now have Three difficult games in the next Four, Ajax, Wolves and Spurs hope we can pick up the pieces and improve our game
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 544 posts | 109 
      Reply #445: Nov 28, 2020 05:01:53 pm
      Because he fouled Wellbeck in the box.

I completely disagree as so does our captain. But feel to bash on chum.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 819 
      Reply #446: Nov 28, 2020 05:32:36 pm
      I completely disagree as so does our captain. But feel to bash on chum.

Opinions ay would be boring if we all had the same.

Henderson can think what he likes would be a weird world if people based their opinions purely on one other person.
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #447: Nov 28, 2020 05:33:15 pm
      Still fuming. Totally VAR fu**ed, that was a 3-0 18 months ago. It's the slow mo that kills me, I'm almost expecting David Attenborough to start commentating during the playback. Ref didn't watch it full speed once. No bugger even saw it first time around.

The performance wasn't great, first half was a shocker and we were lucky with the first pen. Much better 2nd half once Hendo came on and we got some control of midfield. We've been so unlucky with injuries and the fact we're still sitting top (or near to top by the end of the weekend) is a testament to the resolve of the squad. Another blow today with Milner going off, that's bad news because it probably means more minutes for Neco who (unfortunately) reminds me of Moreno. Fingers crossed we can get the point we need vs Ajax, seal Champions League progression and hopefully get Trent, Thiago and Ox back some point soon as we hit the xmas run. 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #448: Nov 28, 2020 05:33:24 pm
      Think you have a valid point, what ever your thoughts on VAR it hides the fact of our second piss poor performance on the bounce, we were playing Brighton who are 16th in the table, ok we have many injuries but still should be putting in better performance than that, defence all over the place. Midfield that created nothing, we now have Three difficult games in the next Four, Ajax, Wolves and Spurs hope we can pick up the pieces and improve our game

I think people dont understand sometimes the relentless nature of the beast for us. No pre season and 3 games a week for ever. A host of key injuries and players who need rest playing regardless. .

If you expect great performances you're going to be highly disappointed. Its about grinding out wins and we nearly did. The back line is unrecognisable and changes from week to week. We play out from the back so to have a big lad back there in Phillip's stops that somewhat. To have no Trent bombing on and replacing that with Neco kills that threat too. It all impacts. Then we have our midfield now playing in defence, again meaning we lose what would usually give us dominance in games.

We have Mane someone who presses relentlessly having to miss out and Salah who can only be risked for an hour.

It's going to get worse, honestly we will get more injuries and our performances will drop off more yet. Somehow we need to get the breaks in games, so the attitude of Brighton deserved a point I have no time for. That's now how points are dished out. We nearly got there and if we had we would all be over the moon.

To be honest I fully agree with Jürgen when he says he is proud of the players  because they couldnt give any more. We still manage to dominate these games more often than not despite more than half the first 11 being long term injured.

It's a hard time and we have to suck it up. I wouldn't expect us to go and blow Ajax and Wolves away. It's just not on the cards. It's going to be a real b***ard just getting something from those 2 games.

This period has to be about staying in touch with the leading pack of teams and hope after Xmas we manage to get some players back.

Honestly to go out of Europe is sh*t but if we want a league challenge it would be the best thing for it. We needed to beat Atalanta and F**k these next 2 games off but now we cant.  We cant compete on 2 fronts any more. Injuries have now come too far. Players are playing until they inevitably break. Called Milners injury before KO it was just so clear to see, but unfortunately our 2nd choice right back is just not good enough at this point and its caused another major headache.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 1092 
      Reply #449: Nov 28, 2020 05:44:34 pm
      Klopp has already ruled Thiago and Ox out this coming week. Huge bummer.

I love Klopp, but his antics are starting to get a lil old. Do I think he is right on what he says about subs, game times, and protecting players? Fur sure.  But what does beating that drum help? It isn't changing anything and I worry its starting to become a distraction. This moment sucks, but now is time for a winning mentality, not a woe is me one.

Mane has been off for a while. We need him to pick it up.

Nat Phillips did well again today.

Neco was struggling coming into this game. Getting a pen called on him and yanked at HT will only hurt his confidence even more. And at a time we have to play him. Oh well, welcome to big times!

Henderson being back will be huge.

Jota is the truth.

Bobby was never fast, but he looks slower this season

Mini just doesn't look like PL player at this point. I dont like him in the MF.

Ali is great, but that dude can't guess right on a pen to save his life (except that one time earlier this year)
      « Last Edit: Nov 28, 2020 05:58:58 pm by Breeding-Reds-In-The-434 »
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,223 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #450: Nov 28, 2020 05:49:07 pm
      Are we too slow in our transition from back to front at times?

We certainly dont threat enough from midfield as in deep runs, either into the box or carrying the ball at the opposition, something a fully fit Keita and Thiago might solve?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #451: Nov 28, 2020 05:58:35 pm
      Are we too slow in our transition from back to front at times?

We certainly dont threat enough from midfield as in deep runs, either into the box or carrying the ball at the opposition, something a fully fit Keita and Thiago might solve?

Yes but the reason for that is that the defence get sucked deeper to cover the patchwork defence, It might be an idea to switch to 4-4-2   for now.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #452: Nov 28, 2020 06:10:19 pm
      I’m still gutted
      ToshackKeeganOneNil
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 544 posts | 109 
      Reply #453: Nov 28, 2020 06:18:13 pm
      Opinions ay would be boring if we all had the same.

Henderson can think what he likes would be a weird world if people based their opinions purely on one other person.

You sound a real pice of work. He's on the pitch, our captain but somehow you think you know better.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #454: Nov 28, 2020 06:19:28 pm

Me too, even though a draw was a fair result it always hurts to lose that late, especially to a soft penalty. But we are still near the top of the table and hopefully we can start having a bit more luck with injuries soon.
      Scottbot

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #455: Nov 28, 2020 06:21:20 pm
      Me too, even though a draw was a fair result it always hurts to lose that late, especially to a soft penalty. But we are still near the top of the table and hopefully we can start having a bit more luck with injuries soon.

It probably was the fair result, they played well.

RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,916 posts | 819 
      Reply #456: Nov 28, 2020 06:23:00 pm
      You sound a real pice of work. He's on the pitch, our captain but somehow you th
      You sound a real pice of work. He's on the pitch, our captain but somehow you think you know better.

Not at all, but him being our captain doesn't mean his word is gospel. I am allowed a difference in opinion as are you to me.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,220 posts | 917 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #457: Nov 28, 2020 06:52:24 pm

It probably was the fair result, they played well.
      Fair result they played well but we were well below par for the second game running. Why so different than the game last Sunday

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,409 posts | 3406 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #458: Nov 28, 2020 07:00:20 pm
      Feels bad but shouldn't hide from the fact that we weren't great again all over the pitch
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #459: Nov 28, 2020 07:19:35 pm
      Feels bad but shouldn't hide from the fact that we weren't great again all over the pitch

What do you expect when most of our key players are out injured.

Quick Reply