Trending Topics

Next match: Utd v LFC [FA Cup] Mon 25th Jan @ 7:45 pm
      Old Trafford

Today is the 23rd of January and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W10 D4 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Ajax?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      64 (73.6%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (2.3%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.3%)
       Fabinho
      4 (4.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      13 (14.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 87

Voting closed: Dec 05, 2020 09:52:39 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Ajax: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 5307 times
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 27 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Ajax: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #400: Dec 01, 2020 10:26:01 pm
      If we could get Trent, Thiago & Ali back i honesty think we would have enough to win the league again.

Fab & Matip when fit are a very good pairing, which is amazing when you consider they are the 3rd and 4th (in emergency) choices.

We need to just keep riding this out and getting bodies back. Fingers crossed we can.
      « Last Edit: Dec 01, 2020 10:42:40 pm by LiverpoolsFinest »
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 12 
      Reply #401: Dec 01, 2020 10:27:38 pm
      Don't think I've ever voted MOM but did tonite.  ;D Based on to nites performance Adrian No 3 now.

This is exaclty why injuries often are a blessing in disguise. They force bench players to play and show their skills and sometimes you find some real gems. Jones & Kellegher are such examples. If they stay on course we don't need throw a lot of money onto Gini or Adrian, which gives us more power on the market. Also we can get rid faster of players like injury-prone Naby. You have to keep Keita, but if you see Jones it becomes a lot less necessary, again: more flexibility. (I don't like the idea, it's just to show my point.)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,617 posts | 1986 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 : In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #402: Dec 01, 2020 10:32:12 pm
      Did think Jones lost his way a bit for 15 mins after a good start, but recovered snd had an almost faultless game there after. Neco, best he’s played in top flight for us I think, and will hopefully get stronger with renewed confidence.
      Kelleher motm performance. Two or three really top saves.
      Fab just Fab. Always in the right place at the right time.
      Hendo Gini Robbo, same old. Mo snd Sadio, ball just not running for them. Jota a bit below what he’s dished up to date but still impressive.
      Bob back to being the Bob we know.

That’s a decent side we’ve beaten with a patched up side.
      Well done lads, Bar a few moments late fist half, very impressive performance.
      Matip holding it together st the back

I just want to touch on fab. I swear not one time did someone get past him - he was absolutely incredible. Literally perfect!

I genuinely think he is one of the best players in the world
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,760 posts | 590 
      Reply #403: Dec 01, 2020 10:38:17 pm

I just want to touch on fab. I swear not one time did someone get past him - he was absolutely incredible. Literally perfect!

I genuinely think he is one of the best players in the world

Being picky lost Huntelaar for that chance but imperious on deck and reads the game so well
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,593 posts | 582 
      Reply #404: Dec 01, 2020 10:40:12 pm
      Being picky lost Huntelaar for that chance but imperious on deck and reads the game so well

He was also in no-man's land on that cross in the first half that just missed Klassen's head and Robbo cleared for the corner. But again, it's being picky and he has been superb at CB.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 111 
      • up the reds
      Reply #405: Dec 01, 2020 11:01:35 pm
      Good win there! The academy players were great! Curtis Jones was brilliant! Fabinho outstanding as always.

Surely Kelleher starts on the weekend now? Really really happy for him. Think I’ve mentioned this on here before but I used to play the year above him at Rockmount AFC in Cork. He used  to play up front back then and he was brilliant player. So good he got bored of scoring and went on goal...
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,760 posts | 590 
      Reply #406: Dec 01, 2020 11:02:43 pm
      Good win there! The academy players were great! Curtis Jones was brilliant! Fabinho outstanding as always.

Surely Kelleher starts on the weekend now? Really really happy for him. Think I’ve mentioned this on here before but I used to play the year above him at Rockmount AFC in Cork. He used  to play up front back then and he was brilliant player. So good he got bored of scoring and went on goal...

Just read he played up front until 16 and we signed him at 18 as a goalkeeper not a bad switch
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 111 
      • up the reds
      Reply #407: Dec 01, 2020 11:03:54 pm
      Just read he played up front until 16 and we signed him at 18 as a goalkeeper not a bad switch
      Explains why he’s so good with his feet doesn’t it
      billythered
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,597 posts | 2752 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #408: Dec 01, 2020 11:40:57 pm
      Curtis Jones contains all the letters that make up SCOUSER in his name aaah thank you

Just as well your name isn’t Rossyted then mate, or you could be accused of being good at making pancakes? 🤪

Y  N  W  A
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,605 posts | 1784 
      Reply #409: Dec 02, 2020 05:24:54 am

Is he any good at CB?
      GERNS

• 8,851 posts | 772 
      Reply #410: Dec 02, 2020 07:32:42 am
      Kellaher had a good game snd was my motm.
      Adrian also done this, but did have a few cock ups later on also.
      If Kellaher gets a few games under his belt, and has a couple of mistakes, which is likely, who’s gonna be the first to slaughter him 😳
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,605 posts | 1784 
      Reply #411: Dec 02, 2020 09:15:15 am
      Kelleher looked assured with his feet as well which is something Adrian doesnt particularly.

Adrian is the last of a certain age of keepers who never played in teams where passing from the back was a big issue. Petr Cech was the same when he was at Chelsea it wasnt an issue. Went to Arsenal and got shown up with his feet.

The games moved on and the new wave of keepers have to be able to play.
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,180 posts | 2623 
      Reply #412: Dec 02, 2020 09:28:33 am
      Great result and by the sounds of it some of the young lads played very well.

rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,760 posts | 590 
      Reply #413: Dec 02, 2020 09:53:36 am

Just as well your name isn’t Rossyted then mate, or you could be accused of being good at making pancakes? 🤪

Y  N  W  A

Bit harsh Billy
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,487 posts | 1430 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #414: Dec 02, 2020 10:08:32 am
      Anybody know the full squad registered?
      See what options we have for matchday 6. Id rest all senior players where possible.

Play Kelleher, both Williams Tsmikas, Minamino, Origi, Cain Carkson.

If Koumetio is registered chuck him in andvLiam Millar?
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,540 posts | 626 
      Reply #415: Dec 02, 2020 10:09:50 am
      given the circumstances we are in we are doing pretty well!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,862 posts | 1845 
      Reply #416: Dec 02, 2020 11:10:35 am
      Anybody know the full squad registered?
      See what options we have for matchday 6. Id rest all senior players where possible.

Play Kelleher, both Williams Tsmikas, Minamino, Origi, Cain Carkson.

If Koumetio is registered chuck him in andvLiam Millar?

Here is the official list. Players in italics are injured or otherwise not available. Players in bold are a possible starting XI along the lines of what you mentioned. If this team is run out it would likely get throttled. Midjtylland drew with Atalanta yesterday in Italy. Saying that, at this point this XI is more experienced than the team we deployed at Villa in the League Cup last year when the first team was in Qatar.

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian, Kelleher, Jaros

Defenders: Virgil, Gomez, Trent, Robbo, Matip, Tsimikas, Rhys Williams, Neco Williams, Billy Koumetio, Yasser Larouci

Midfield: Fabinho, Gini, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Hendo, Ox, Curtis Jones, Shaqiri, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Jake Cain, Leighton Clarkson

Forwards: Salah, Jota, Mane, Bobby, Minamino, Origi, Harvey Elliott, Layton Stewart, Liam Millar, Luis Longstaff, Paul Glatzel
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,126 posts | 578 
      Reply #417: Dec 02, 2020 11:52:44 am
      Got to confess I was worried about Kelleher starting but how WRONG was I ? I ended up giving him MOTM and he even got the backing of our resident manc Keith! I don't know why we worry so much about our injury list, I mean our front three failed to find their shooting boots yet we STILL got the job done with a bit skill from Jones and a lot from my MOTM to keep us in it at times.

Job done, 3pts, table topped and qualification secured, NEXT!
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,733 posts | 412 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #418: Dec 02, 2020 12:14:02 pm
      Brilliant all round. amazing to top the group with so many injuries.

skamp
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 721 posts | 255 
      Reply #419: Dec 02, 2020 01:47:57 pm
      Mediocre performance, but good result & job done.  Main positives being the performance of Gk and the other 2 youngsters and no f###ing injuries!

All things considered, we've done very well recently, despite the performances dipping since the high of the Leicester match.

A ludicrous schedule of 4 matches in 10 days with a squad decimated by injury/Covid and we've somehow qualified top of our CL group, are 2nd on goal diff in the league, and are unfortunate not to be a couple of points clear at the top.

The lads now have 4 days off (with training) before a tough match with Wolves.  If we can negotiate a win, we can rest everyone for the final CL game, giving us a week to recover before Fulham (a) on Sun. 13th before a massive match home to Spurs on Wed. 16th (hopefully Trent will be back by then, maybe 1 or 2 others).

If we somehow get out of this period with max points, we then have: -

Palace (a)
      West Brom (h)
      Newcastle (a)

so 3 very winnable games to end 2020, whilst some of our "rivals" have a very testing December.

So whilst performances have been sub-par (understandably) the past few matches, think we're about to go on a bit of a run.

We then have Jan transfer window and maybe the opportunity to do a bit of business, plus Thiago, Ox, Milly, Keita & Shaq could well be available by then as well, so a lot to feel optimistic about as we go into 2021 and an all-out assault on the Prem &CL.

COYR!!!!!   

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,821 posts | 2600 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #420: Dec 02, 2020 03:54:02 pm
      We played for the result and Kelleher kept us in the match. What a touch for the goal Curtis :)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,999 posts | 840 
      Reply #421: Dec 02, 2020 05:55:45 pm
      We can actually rotate and we do have some squad depth to win games.
      billythered

• 7,597 posts | 2752 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #422: Dec 02, 2020 08:32:35 pm

Was a joke mate, yanno’s one of those supposed funny things you get sometimes!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,760 posts | 590 
      Reply #423: Dec 02, 2020 08:49:57 pm

Was a joke mate, yanno’s one of those supposed funny things you get sometimes!

Err yes I realize that suppose I didn't get it across right
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,031 posts | 2434 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #424: Dec 02, 2020 10:34:27 pm
      Here is the official list. Players in italics are injured or otherwise not available. Players in bold are a possible starting XI along the lines of what you mentioned. If this team is run out it would likely get throttled. Midjtylland drew with Atalanta yesterday in Italy. Saying that, at this point this XI is more experienced than the team we deployed at Villa in the League Cup last year when the first team was in Qatar.

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian, Kelleher, Jaros

Defenders: Virgil, Gomez, Trent, Robbo, Matip, Tsimikas, Rhys Williams, Neco Williams, Billy Koumetio, Yasser Larouci

Midfield: Fabinho, Gini, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Hendo, Ox, Curtis Jones, Shaqiri, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Jake Cain, Leighton Clarkson

Forwards: Salah, Jota, Mane, Bobby, Minamino, Origi, Harvey Elliott, Layton Stewart, Liam Millar, Luis Longstaff, Paul Glatzel

Glatzel out with ankle ligament injury as well as Joe hardy. Not just the first team affected.

Quick Reply