Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Ajax?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      64 (73.6%)
      Neco Williams
      2 (2.3%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.3%)
       Fabinho
      4 (4.6%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      13 (14.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 86

Voting closed: Dec 05, 2020 09:52:39 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Ajax: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17796 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Ajax: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Dec 02, 2020 10:09:50 am
      given the circumstances we are in we are doing pretty well!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #415: Dec 02, 2020 11:10:35 am
      Anybody know the full squad registered?
      See what options we have for matchday 6. Id rest all senior players where possible.

Play Kelleher, both Williams Tsmikas, Minamino, Origi, Cain Carkson.

If Koumetio is registered chuck him in andvLiam Millar?

Here is the official list. Players in italics are injured or otherwise not available. Players in bold are a possible starting XI along the lines of what you mentioned. If this team is run out it would likely get throttled. Midjtylland drew with Atalanta yesterday in Italy. Saying that, at this point this XI is more experienced than the team we deployed at Villa in the League Cup last year when the first team was in Qatar.

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian, Kelleher, Jaros

Defenders: Virgil, Gomez, Trent, Robbo, Matip, Tsimikas, Rhys Williams, Neco Williams, Billy Koumetio, Yasser Larouci

Midfield: Fabinho, Gini, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Hendo, Ox, Curtis Jones, Shaqiri, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Jake Cain, Leighton Clarkson

Forwards: Salah, Jota, Mane, Bobby, Minamino, Origi, Harvey Elliott, Layton Stewart, Liam Millar, Luis Longstaff, Paul Glatzel
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #416: Dec 02, 2020 11:52:44 am
      Got to confess I was worried about Kelleher starting but how WRONG was I ? I ended up giving him MOTM and he even got the backing of our resident manc Keith! I don't know why we worry so much about our injury list, I mean our front three failed to find their shooting boots yet we STILL got the job done with a bit skill from Jones and a lot from my MOTM to keep us in it at times.

Job done, 3pts, table topped and qualification secured, NEXT!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #417: Dec 02, 2020 12:14:02 pm
      Brilliant all round. amazing to top the group with so many injuries.

skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #418: Dec 02, 2020 01:47:57 pm
      Mediocre performance, but good result & job done.  Main positives being the performance of Gk and the other 2 youngsters and no f###ing injuries!

All things considered, we've done very well recently, despite the performances dipping since the high of the Leicester match.

A ludicrous schedule of 4 matches in 10 days with a squad decimated by injury/Covid and we've somehow qualified top of our CL group, are 2nd on goal diff in the league, and are unfortunate not to be a couple of points clear at the top.

The lads now have 4 days off (with training) before a tough match with Wolves.  If we can negotiate a win, we can rest everyone for the final CL game, giving us a week to recover before Fulham (a) on Sun. 13th before a massive match home to Spurs on Wed. 16th (hopefully Trent will be back by then, maybe 1 or 2 others).

If we somehow get out of this period with max points, we then have: -

Palace (a)
      West Brom (h)
      Newcastle (a)

so 3 very winnable games to end 2020, whilst some of our "rivals" have a very testing December.

So whilst performances have been sub-par (understandably) the past few matches, think we're about to go on a bit of a run.

We then have Jan transfer window and maybe the opportunity to do a bit of business, plus Thiago, Ox, Milly, Keita & Shaq could well be available by then as well, so a lot to feel optimistic about as we go into 2021 and an all-out assault on the Prem &CL.

COYR!!!!!   

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #419: Dec 02, 2020 03:54:02 pm
      We played for the result and Kelleher kept us in the match. What a touch for the goal Curtis :)
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #420: Dec 02, 2020 05:55:45 pm
      We can actually rotate and we do have some squad depth to win games.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #421: Dec 02, 2020 08:32:35 pm

Was a joke mate, yanno’s one of those supposed funny things you get sometimes!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #422: Dec 02, 2020 08:49:57 pm

Was a joke mate, yanno’s one of those supposed funny things you get sometimes!

Err yes I realize that suppose I didn't get it across right
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #423: Dec 02, 2020 10:34:27 pm
      Here is the official list. Players in italics are injured or otherwise not available. Players in bold are a possible starting XI along the lines of what you mentioned. If this team is run out it would likely get throttled. Midjtylland drew with Atalanta yesterday in Italy. Saying that, at this point this XI is more experienced than the team we deployed at Villa in the League Cup last year when the first team was in Qatar.

Goalkeepers: Alisson, Adrian, Kelleher, Jaros

Defenders: Virgil, Gomez, Trent, Robbo, Matip, Tsimikas, Rhys Williams, Neco Williams, Billy Koumetio, Yasser Larouci

Midfield: Fabinho, Gini, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Hendo, Ox, Curtis Jones, Shaqiri, Elijah Dixon-Bonner, Jake Cain, Leighton Clarkson

Forwards: Salah, Jota, Mane, Bobby, Minamino, Origi, Harvey Elliott, Layton Stewart, Liam Millar, Luis Longstaff, Paul Glatzel

Glatzel out with ankle ligament injury as well as Joe hardy. Not just the first team affected.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #424: Dec 03, 2020 12:24:01 am
      Glatzel out with ankle ligament injury as well as Joe hardy. Not just the first team affected.

Guess that's Layton Stewart in for Glatzel then. I think Layton made his first U23 start just recently. Hardy isn't in the UEFA squad list.

Yes FK10, crazy, crazy year. Glad to see the back of it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 : In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #425: Dec 03, 2020 10:25:28 am

I just want to touch on fab. I swear not one time did someone get past him - he was absolutely incredible. Literally perfect!

I genuinely think he is one of the best players in the world

https://twitter.com/lfcanfield19/status/1334436763335593985?s=21
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #426: Dec 03, 2020 10:27:10 am
      Guess that's Layton Stewart in for Glatzel then. I think Layton made his first U23 start just recently. Hardy isn't in the UEFA squad list.

Yes FK10, crazy, crazy year. Glad to see the back of it.

I agree with this, lets play the reserves against Midtjylland, don't risk any of the senior players, give them a well earned rest.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #427: Dec 03, 2020 11:02:41 am
      I’d wait until Alisson is back to find that out  :lmao:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #428: Dec 03, 2020 01:06:25 pm
      I honestly couldnt care less who plays against Midjyland or if they end up smashing us for 5 or 6.

That game needs to be written off and the players allowed some time to rest.

I might even get an early night myself as I'm up at 5am in the week and I think I deserve a rest myself  ;D.

Be a great experience for whoever plays and whatever the score hopefully they all take something from it similar to Villa last year.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #429: Dec 03, 2020 08:59:02 pm
      Ali who?

It's probably the best thing about the game, is that we're not talking about missing him after it. I don't think Kelleher has jumped up to No. 2 yet, but at least he is able to play the way Klopp wants the keepers to play, and if he can't, then he has time on his side to adapt. He also plays every week so his fitness isn't an issue. That isn't the case with San Miguel. If he doesn't play for the first team, he doesn't play full stop. Kelleher is a quality keeper and at last he got the chance to show that. Hopefully he will get some more.

It's the first time we've scored all our group stage goals at home in the second half since 2014. Then we went out at the first hurdle, now we're through with a game to spare. See we can do things the easy way.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #430: Dec 03, 2020 10:35:59 pm
      I agree with this, lets play the reserves against Midtjylland, don't risk any of the senior players, give them a well earned rest.

Just for the record, I'm not necessarily in favor of such a starting lineup, I was just listing, in answer to someone else asking what our UEFA squad list was, who would make up an all-reserves starting lineup.

Some of those players in bold will start, but I doubt Jürgen goes quite that extreme with a starting XI for this match (even though I understand the reason for it). We will see.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #431: Dec 04, 2020 06:42:46 am
      Forgot to come in here and say GET THE FUCKKKK INNNNNN

Well done, Top of our Group, Joint top of The League, keep going boys but have a nice wee rest first!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #432: Dec 04, 2020 05:36:44 pm
      Just for the record, I'm not necessarily in favor of such a starting lineup, I was just listing, in answer to someone else asking what our UEFA squad list was, who would make up an all-reserves starting lineup.

Some of those players in bold will start, but I doubt Jürgen goes quite that extreme with a starting XI for this match (even though I understand the reason for it). We will see.

The only senior players who should be playing are ones coming back from injury, in need of game time, and even then only give them one half. It would be beyond idiotic to risk any of our core players in this game, imagine if they got injured in an utterly pointless game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #433: Dec 05, 2020 06:50:55 am
      The only senior players who should be playing are ones coming back from injury, in need of game time, and even then only give them one half. It would be beyond idiotic to risk any of our core players in this game, imagine if they got injured in an utterly pointless game.

It isn't about that they might get injured in this particular game. They can (and unfortunately this season, do) get injured anytime they step on the pitch. It's about rest and mànaging minutes. I understand what you are saying, but I don't think he's going to put all those kids out there without a few veterans for seasoning. Well see.

Quick Reply