Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      10 (10.9%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (2.2%)
       Fabinho
      6 (6.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      26 (28.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      13 (14.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      29 (31.5%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      5 (5.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Voting closed: Dec 10, 2020 09:07:45 pm

Liverpool 4-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17945 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpool 4-0 Wolverhampton Wanderers: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #391: Dec 07, 2020 12:19:19 pm
      to think in a few weeks we will have a full squad apart from Virgil and gomez.

Amazing how we have managed to stay top in both league and champions league with all the injuries.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #392: Dec 07, 2020 01:23:49 pm
      Unbelievable performance and result last night. I know they were missing jiminez but I really thought this wolves team were going to cause us problems and expose some of our current weaknesses with the injuries we have.

There is nothing much to say about the game other than it was just complete dominance by us. We were in full control from start to finish and restricted wolves to half chances only. In fact, I only remember their cheeky chip in the first half where Kelleher made a top save.

I do think we as reds need to give more credit to our fringe players though. A lot of us see the line up and think oh no we could get done here (me as much as anyone) but they get the job done. The fact that we’re joint top of the league and through to the knock out stages of the CL is truly remarkable after all the problems we’ve had. I’m not just on about Virj, Gomez, Trent, Thiago, Alison who were missing from our starting 11 yesterday either. Just look at the lads who played last night and most of them have been out at some point too because of injury or covid. Then we’ve got the likes of Milner and Ox out as well. Honestly, the job klopp is doing at the moment and the players who have come in have been outstanding.

We’re F***ing boss and we’re gonna F***ing win it again.

Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,601 posts | 855 
      Reply #393: Dec 07, 2020 01:45:33 pm
      How good is Kelleher? im hugely ipressed by the lad and in the live match thread against Ajax, i was raving about him. Not only does he make good saves but he is good with his feet. Doesnt matter how much we paid for Ali, i feel that he now has to fight for his place. Just how i feel tho. We gave the youngster a chance and he has held clean sheet twice and made incredible saves. If ALi comes back, then he has to sit on the bench and fight for the first spot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #394: Dec 07, 2020 01:59:16 pm
      How good is Kelleher? im hugely ipressed by the lad and in the live match thread against Ajax, i was raving about him. Not only does he make good saves but he is good with his feet. Doesnt matter how much we paid for Ali, i feel that he now has to fight for his place. Just how i feel tho. We gave the youngster a chance and he has held clean sheet twice and made incredible saves. If ALi comes back, then he has to sit on the bench and fight for the first spot.

Sorry but no. Allison is the best keeper in the world when he’s healthy. He doesn’t have to fight for anything except fitness.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #395: Dec 07, 2020 03:08:44 pm
      Sorry but no. Allison is the best keeper in the world when he’s healthy. He doesn’t have to fight for anything except fitness.

I may piss against the wind again, but at what is Allison better than Kelleher football-wise? I'd be really curious to listen to some expert that might say like: vertical jump, better reaction time etc. But from the naked eye of  a fan I don't see a difference. You can see on the other side a difference to Adrain.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #396: Dec 07, 2020 03:19:24 pm
      I may piss against the wind again, but at what is Allison better than Kelleher football-wise? I'd be really curious to listen to some expert that might say like: vertical jump, better reaction time etc. But from the naked eye of  a fan I don't see a difference. You can see on the other side a difference to Adrain.

Can't you see the difference of a proven elite world class with a good prospect young boy with two top level games start?  :mad:
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #397: Dec 07, 2020 03:29:24 pm

Amazing how we have managed to stay top in both league and champions league with all the injuries.
      And hopefully an addition at Center Back in January to free up Fabinho. He’s done a fine job but would really love to see him back in that midfield.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #398: Dec 07, 2020 03:31:34 pm
      I voted Kelleher motm :D but in my head it's Hendo who I thought play most influential in this game.
      Great we won this as Tottenham also has a good run.
      And it's great to see happy smile face of thousands of supporter at Anfield again  :D   
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #399: Dec 07, 2020 03:38:24 pm
      Don’t think he’ll have the balls to take us on in open football.
      Maureen anti football

You "sink" so?
      I sink so too. He'll go against football heritage.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #400: Dec 07, 2020 03:40:52 pm
      Went for Robbo as MOTM, he seems to be there or thereabouts every game. It would be really interesting to see number of votes over the season, would this be possible other than looking through the individual match threads ?
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #401: Dec 07, 2020 04:29:27 pm
      Thought Gini was impressive yesterday but the whole team played well
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #402: Dec 07, 2020 05:33:30 pm
      I may piss against the wind again, but at what is Allison better than Kelleher football-wise? I'd be really curious to listen to some expert that might say like: vertical jump, better reaction time etc. But from the naked eye of  a fan I don't see a difference. You can see on the other side a difference to Adrian.

Kelleher has done ok for two games. Adrian done ok for 12-15 games. How long before the bubble bursts and everyone’s on kelleher back because he makes a mistake ?
      Allison has done it week in week out.
      Let’s hold judgement on Kelleher until he’s had a good number of games and maintained the standard.
      It can all go so wrong so quickly. One bad game might affect his confidence, but also, it may not 🤷‍♂️
      « Last Edit: Dec 07, 2020 06:01:32 pm by GERNS »
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #403: Dec 07, 2020 06:19:13 pm
      Mane deserves a lot of credit for pulling out of that challenge
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #404: Dec 07, 2020 07:38:21 pm
      That’ll be....
       Park the bus. Counter
       Park the bus. Counter
       Park the bus. Counter.

Don’t think he’ll have the balls to take us on in open football.
      Maureen anti football

I agree Maureen hasn’t got the players to take us on in a attacking sense, fits and bursts maybe with Son and golden bollocks Kane, they will sit in for sure and counter attack, that is Maureen’s way, he did it whilst at Chavs and did it when @ MUtants, his shrivelled walnuts will safely tucked into his bawbag when they face us, he’ll come looking for a draw and try for the sneaky win, it won’t happen, Klopp is miles ahead tactically,
      What I’d love is for Thiago to be back for us, with a four prong attack in front, the four horsemen of the Apocalypse in, Mo, Mane Bobby & Jota, Hendo playing the 6 role, then just attack attack,attack attack attack, by pass Sissoko & Holjberg down either flank, Trent & Robbo bombarding forward at every opportunity, Ali back between the sticks,Joel & Fabinho solid as,.........

4-2-1-3

Alisson

Trent   Matip   Fabinho  Robbo

Hendo      Thiago

Bobby

Salah     Jota      Mane

Slightly getting ahead of myself I know, can’t f***in help it, just so exciting of what we are capable of, and there’s nothing I love more than battering those closest to us, we did it V Citeh once or twice 😂 😂, and we did it V Leisure 0-4 @ the Kingpower  last season 😂 😂,

Spuds are flattering to deceive and believe they have a genuine chance of the title, so let’s knock them of their pedestal and give them a reality check.

Heart says 3-1, my brain says 3-1, it’s gonna a be 3-1 to the CHAMPIONS ! !

Y  N  W  A

neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #405: Dec 07, 2020 07:38:51 pm
      Great win fans back Joe in the click Hattons in trouble the bitters never won and loads of beer in the fridge....

Priceless!!
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #406: Dec 07, 2020 07:56:30 pm

I agree Maureen hasn’t got the players to take us on in a attacking sense, fits and bursts maybe with Son and golden bollocks Kane, they will sit in for sure and counter attack, that is Maureen’s way, he did it whilst at Chavs and did it when @ MUtants, his shrivelled walnuts will safely tucked into his bawbag when they face us, he’ll come looking for a draw and try for the sneaky win, it won’t happen, Klopp is miles ahead tactically,
      What I’d love is for Thiago to be back for us, with a four prong attack in front, the four horsemen of the Apocalypse in, Mo, Mane Bobby & Jota, Hendo playing the 6 role, then just attack attack,attack attack attack, by pass Sissoko & Holjberg down either flank, Trent & Robbo bombarding forward at every opportunity, Ali back between the sticks,Joel & Fabinho solid as,.........

4-2-1-3

Alisson

Trent   Matip   Fabinho  Robbo

Hendo      Thiago

Bobby

Salah     Jota      Mane

Slightly getting ahead of myself I know, can’t f***in help it, just so exciting of what we are capable of, and there’s nothing I love more than battering those closest to us, we did it V Citeh once or twice 😂 😂, and we did it V Leisure 0-4 @ the Kingpower  last season 😂 😂,

Spuds are flattering to deceive and believe they have a genuine chance of the title, so let’s knock them of their pedestal and give them a reality check.

Heart says 3-1, my brain says 3-1, it’s gonna a be 3-1 to the CHAMPIONS ! !

Y  N  W  A

Thiago ain't playing thats for sure
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #407: Dec 07, 2020 08:50:22 pm
      Quote from GERNS
      Waiting for the stat geeks to come up with the number of passes completed before manes goal 😊

I think Tyldesley was getting ahead of himself  when declaring that the third goal was the start of reeling in the goal difference gap. We only added another one after it, but I'm sure the gap won't matter soon. I thought the 2nd goal may have been ruled out for offside, those type of passes always come with a question mark, when you watch them live. Last week Salah was off. This week Wijnaldum was on.

The original team sheet showed Alisson starting with Kelleher nowhere to be seen. It looked like there was really nothing wrong with Alisson all week, and maybe he was just been rested for this game instead. All the main sports networks released the same team sheet and it wasn't until about 10 minutes before ko that I eventually saw that the team sheet was wrong. Kelleher came in and did a very solid job, he may never play a league game for us again, but I think it's not a major issue if he plays at Fulham next week. Whoever plays down there in goal, will not have a lot to do anyway. And if he doesn't play, there's at least one cup game available for him to play next month.

The turning pont was the penalty call. If it stood, we would probably be looking at a very different second half. Hunter on LFCTV was so convinced that it was a penalty for Mane's "clumsy challenge", that he launched into his weekly VAR rant as the ref went to the monitor, and sounded astonished that it was overturned, even though a blind man could see there was no contact. Even Jon Moss in the box could see it clearly. That's not something you get to say often.

Another opponent firmly put in their box, and now it's off to Fulham, and a chance to close that goal difference up. Let's hope we take it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #408: Dec 07, 2020 10:49:18 pm

Kelleher seems to have all the physical qualities but experience and ability to do it over extended periods of time is what separates him from Alisson and only way to know if he can ever be as good is with time. Kelleher also hasn't made any errors yet but when he does make one it will be important to know and see how he reacts. I look forward to see him more and feel much more confident now whenever Alisson is not in net.

Alisson is 28, so you gotta imagine he has another 4-5yrs at the top of his game but you never know how his career will shake out. DeGea was probably the best in the world for a number of years but is only 30 and far from his best days. Or he could be like Neuer, who is 34 and still a top goalie. Who knows, but having Kelleher prove he's ready to take over when the time comes would be great to have.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #409: Dec 07, 2020 11:34:25 pm

I think Tyldesley was getting ahead of himself  when declaring that the third goal was the start of reeling in the goal difference gap. We only added another one after it, but I'm sure the gap won't matter soon. I thought the 2nd goal may have been ruled out for offside, those type of passes always come with a question mark, when you watch them live. Last week Salah was off. This week Wijnaldum was on.

The original team sheet showed Alisson starting with Kelleher nowhere to be seen. It looked like there was really nothing wrong with Alisson all week, and maybe he was just been rested for this game instead. All the main sports networks released the same team sheet and it wasn't until about 10 minutes before ko that I eventually saw that the team sheet was wrong. Kelleher came in and did a very solid job, he may never play a league game for us again, but I think it's not a major issue if he plays at Fulham next week. Whoever plays down there in goal, will not have a lot to do anyway. And if he doesn't play, there's at least one cup game available for him to play next month.

The turning pont was the penalty call. If it stood, we would probably be looking at a very different second half. Hunter on LFCTV was so convinced that it was a penalty for Mane's "clumsy challenge", that he launched into his weekly VAR rant as the ref went to the monitor, and sounded astonished that it was overturned, even though a blind man could see there was no contact. Even Jon Moss in the box could see it clearly. That's not something you get to say often.

Another opponent firmly put in their box, and now it's off to Fulham, and a chance to close that goal difference up. Let's hope we take it.

I always find your analysis hard to read, are you happy or not?
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #410: Dec 08, 2020 05:07:14 am
      Thiago ain't playing thats for sure

Yeah I know pal, I did say, this what I’d like, not this is what it will be, we won’t see Thiago until Jan at least unfortunately 🤕😞

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #411: Dec 08, 2020 08:55:08 am

Yeah I know pal, I did say, this what I’d like, not this is what it will be, we won’t see Thiago until Jan at least unfortunately 🤕😞

Y  N  W  A

on the plus side after Spurs we have a relatively easy December and then hopefully players back plus some defensive reinforcements and we should be good for the title push.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #412: Dec 08, 2020 09:05:46 am

It's a pleasant thought, but we have no way to know what anyone's health status will be a week or two weeks from now.

We haven't reached some injury-safe zone, that's for sure.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #413: Dec 08, 2020 10:22:49 am
      What a performance, we will fight for the title with the available team. We can't look back but just game by game. It will be close but we have a slight edge now with the fans back.

Kelleher took the second spot and well deserved.

Quick Reply