Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: FC Midtjylland v Liverpool: CL (Wed 9 Dec 2020 5:55pm)

Read 7421 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Pre-Match: FC Midtjylland v Liverpool: CL (Wed 9 Dec 2020 5:55pm)
      Dec 08, 2020 12:23:39 pm
      Goes ahead in Denmark after fears of having to forfeit then move it to Dortmund.

Already qualified and Midtjylland already bottom theres nothing at stake in this one.. Surely this will be a night off for the first team?

Big question for supporters is probably do you go with Origi or give the game time to the likes of Glatzel or Stewart?

Id see no reason to take Kelleher out. The more he plays the better he will get. An hour for Trent and Naby perhaps, to get them back up to speed.

Kelleher
            Trent     Rhys            Koumetio Tsmiskas

Cain Keita Clarkson

Minamino  Stewart  Origi/Glatzel
      « Last Edit: Dec 08, 2020 01:11:29 pm by JD »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: Midtjylland v Liverpool: Game day 6
      Reply #1: Dec 08, 2020 12:31:52 pm
      Goes ahead in Denmark after fears of having to forfeit then move it to Dortmund.

Already qualified and Midtjylland already bottom theres nothing at stake in this one.. Surely this will be a night off for the first team?

Big question for supporters is probably do you go with Origi or give the game time to the likes of Glatzel or Stewart?

Id see no reason to take Kelleher out. The more he plays the better he will get. An hour for Trent and Naby perhaps, to get them back up to speed.

Kelleher

Cain Keita Clarkson

Glatzel is injured again mate out for the season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: Dec 08, 2020 12:39:06 pm
      havnt a clue what team will start on wednesday. defo lots of changes, Personally if Origi starts its his last last last chance, he looked really uninterested the last time he started.

Klopp might surprise a few by starting more senior lads than we expect. Joto, as brian noted trent and keita need a game to help with match sharpness, even if its only 60mins.

I think we need at least 1 senior CB or fabhino. ;D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #3: Dec 08, 2020 12:52:08 pm
      Glatzel is injured again mate out for the season.

Jesus hes another lad suffers a lot
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #4: Dec 08, 2020 12:56:29 pm

Kelleher

Cain Keita Clarkson

Would love to see the likes of Stewart involved
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: Pre-Match: FC Midtjylland v Liverpool: CL (Wed 9 Dec 2020 5:55pm)
      Reply #5: Dec 08, 2020 01:12:56 pm
      What's the rules regarding the playing of all the kids for this one.

Obviously in this instance we are qualified and Midtjylland can't qualify - but what would have happened if we were playing Ajax and they were level with Atalanta and going for qualification?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #6: Dec 08, 2020 01:18:01 pm
      5.55 KO. Damn. Was looking forward to sleeping through this one but with it being an evening game I'll have no excuses not to watch.

This is Liverpool and every game matters and with that in mind time to play the kids and F**k the result off.

Do we have a squad of fringe  players that would assemble a starting XI? Struggling to find some midfielders and a CB we can use.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #7: Dec 08, 2020 01:32:43 pm

Kelleher

Cain Keita Clarkson

Maybe half an hour for Trent and Keita, no more than that, other than that play the fringe players, ther ei sno sense in risking any key players in this game. I'd even be tempted to play Adrian in goal, throw the poor f**ker a bone.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #8: Dec 08, 2020 01:33:32 pm
      Do we have a squad of fringe  players that would assemble a starting XI? Struggling to find some midfielders and a CB we can use.

It's game time for those who need it most, be it coming back from injury or letting the kids gain more experience. We could experiment with how we play as well.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #9: Dec 08, 2020 01:34:43 pm
      What's the rules regarding the playing of all the kids for this one.

Obviously in this instance we are qualified and Midtjylland can't qualify - but what would have happened if we were playing Ajax and they were level with Atalanta and going for qualification?

That would be a case of not our F***ing problem, Atalanta would just have to make sure they also beat their opponent and then see where the cards land.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #10: Dec 08, 2020 01:35:49 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I will rest all 4 of our front players plus Matip and Fabinho.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #11: Dec 08, 2020 01:37:45 pm
      NB: Team no longer available

I will rest all 4 of our front players plus Matip and Fabinho.

and Gini, Hendo and Robertson by the looks of it ;-)

BTW I'm not arguing, I mostly agree with this except I'd probably give Adrian a game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #12: Dec 08, 2020 01:57:38 pm
      Are all the youngsters registered to play in the CL 🤷‍♂️
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #13: Dec 08, 2020 02:12:06 pm
      I expect Keita and Arnold to get around 60 minutes and Origi and Minamino to get full games. Robbo, Matip and Fab should get the night off. The rest just use any kid who is registered for the CL.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #14: Dec 08, 2020 02:32:35 pm
      I think Jota may play in this one, Milner as well. past that I would expect to see Origi, Minamino, Keita and then a bunch of youngsters.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #15: Dec 08, 2020 02:45:02 pm
      Might be easier if we mention those who are unlikely to start.....Robbo, Fabinho,Matip, Hendo, Gini, Mane, Bobby, Salah,

So we it’s likely we will see something like this.............

Adrian
                                                                  N Williams  R Williams  Koumetio  Tsimikas
                                                                           Jones       Clarkson     Keita
                                                                           Minamino     Jota         Origi

Bench; Kelleher, Trent, Fabinho, Hendo, Gini, Bobby Cain

Score = Not bothered  😕

Y  N  W  A

Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #16: Dec 08, 2020 02:52:02 pm
      Have to say I wouldn’t even take Trent or naby. I’d take nobody who played on Sunday bar maybe neco and the keeper
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Dec 08, 2020 02:53:19 pm
      Need to find another 9 players called Williams
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #18: Dec 08, 2020 02:54:34 pm
      Kelleher, Neco, Rhys, Tsimikas, Cain, Clarkson, Minamino and Origi.

Think those 7 will play but no idea regarding the rest really. Maybe Trent and Keita will get some minutes to get up to speed again.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #19: Dec 08, 2020 03:35:03 pm
      I think Jota may play in this one, Milner as well. past that I would expect to see Origi, Minamino, Keita and then a bunch of youngsters.

I think Milner not ready mate. See no pic of him in training, instead AOC already trained with the team today.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #20: Dec 08, 2020 03:40:09 pm
      Might be easier if we mention those who are unlikely to start.....Robbo, Fabinho,Matip, Hendo, Gini, Mane, Bobby, Salah,

So we it’s likely we will see something like this.............

Adrian
                                                                  N Williams  R Williams  Koumetio  Tsimikas
                                                                           Jones       Clarkson     Keita
                                                                           Minamino     Jota         Origi

Bench; Kelleher, Trent, Fabinho, Hendo, Gini, Bobby Cain

Score = Not bothered  😕

Y  N  W  A

Really like that start XI mate  :)

If it's me I will definitely not risk TAA, Matip, Gini, Robbo, Mane and Mo.
      And for me Naby must play this (as he seemed prone to injury so play him upon he available).

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Dec 08, 2020 04:40:48 pm
      There are photos of today's training on the official site, but it's hard to tell everyone involved because a lot of the pics are from a distance and the closeups are mostly of first team regulars. I see Leighton Clarkson for instance, but I don't see Jake Cain. He may have been there, but along with pics being taken from distance, the players are heavily bundled in a lot of the pics (lovely weather on Merseyside today, it appears).

Someone mentioned Ox appears to be in full training. I don't know if Jürgen would try to give him a runout tomorrow or not, maybe too soon if today is his first day back in team training.

Looks like even with a lot of so-called fringe players we can still put out a decent side. No doubt Minamino, Tsimikas and Keita need a game, as does Origi. I know Jota missed most of the Wolves game, but I would still keep him out tomorrow, there will still be 3 games in 7 days to follow.

I"m guessing Jürgen goes with Neco Williams at right back and we see Trent back in the starting lineup on the weekend vs. Fulham. A lot of the first choice players will likely be training at Kirkby on Wednesday, while the others are in Denmark.

rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #22: Dec 08, 2020 06:33:58 pm
      Perfect game to ease TAA in for a half. Keita will also play not sure Klopp will play as many youngsters as some think

Quick Reply