Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Midtjylland?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      24 (40%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Rhys Williams
      4 (6.7%)
       Fabinho
      15 (25%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Leighton Clarkson
      6 (10%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (10%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Billy Koumetio
      1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Dec 13, 2020 07:52:53 pm

FC Midtjylland 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11660 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Re: FC Midtjylland 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Dec 09, 2020 08:52:42 pm
      I'm really quite pissed off with Klopp about that team selection, Salah playing the whole game

Salah's just had a fortnight off at home. What does he need a rest for? He moaned the last time he got subbed off as well.

More likely he might not play the full 90 this weekend ahead of Spurs next midweek.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #254: Dec 09, 2020 08:56:59 pm
      What an utterly stupid game, and what a waste of a chance to rest players. If Klopp was so f**king desperate to win this meaningless game, why not start his main team, then take them off once we were several goals to the good, and also why not bring on some decent midfielders, Minamino and Clarkson were f**king terrible and the less said about Origi the better.

I'm really quite pissed off with Klopp about that team selection, Salah playing the whole game, Jota most of it. at least he had the sense to sub Fabinho off, hopefully not because of an injury though.

Yawn.  :mad:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #255: Dec 09, 2020 09:12:19 pm

funny, that's what I'd propose as a solution to your IQ issues ;-)

I'm sure you guys would be equally yawning if some of our senior players had come on and injured themselves.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,971 posts | 2051 
      Reply #256: Dec 09, 2020 09:24:55 pm
      We’d already qualified, and complain every week about not considering player physical welfare...

My apologies Benito - misread aren't as are. Tend to agree with you on that point.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #257: Dec 09, 2020 09:27:20 pm
      Moan when they play, moan when they don't,  zzzzzzzz
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #258: Dec 09, 2020 09:39:31 pm
      Regardless of the result, although it is always nice to win, surely avoiding injury,  to any player a major factor the way things have been going this season.
      paulow63
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 648 posts | 83 
      Reply #259: Dec 09, 2020 09:50:25 pm
      Thought Jürgen's attitude tonight was like a 7 year old child going into Woolworths in the 1980's and picking up a paper bag and chucking any old sweets in it from the Pick n Mix. Nothing made any sense at all. But hey he's been an absolute genius for the last 30 months so keep on doing what you think you need to do.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #260: Dec 09, 2020 10:33:33 pm
      Weird selections, weird game, weird decisions, weird outcome.
      Still topped the group, all done until the knockout draw.
      On to Fulham, get that one out of the way and prepare to tear spuds a new one.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #261: Dec 09, 2020 10:39:03 pm
      I thought it was a good team selection a mix of first team, fringe and youth.   We are short of players but feel if he hadn't selected the few senior players he would have probably sent the u23 manager.   Like in previous situations. 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #262: Dec 09, 2020 10:41:23 pm
      Quote from saille29
      Just mike the refs up with var so we can hear the reasoning just like rugby & cricket, just talk us through the process it's not hard, we may not agree but we at least know what is going on in varland

If you don't speak Native Level French, talking through the process wouldn't help very much in this game. Whatever language you speak, the VAR decisions were correct.

Salah running away from the ball by Origi before he scored, summed up the general team performance. The penalty was a disappointing end to Kellehers spell in goal, but he hands over the gloves after 3 great performances. Now we can look forward to the draw, then concentrate on the league and cup for the next couple of months.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #263: Dec 09, 2020 11:19:25 pm
       :lmao:
      funny, that's what I'd propose as a solution to your IQ issues ;-)

I'm sure you guys would be equally yawning if some of our senior players had come on and injured themselves.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #264: Dec 09, 2020 11:28:10 pm
      Just watching it back now as I only caught the last 20 minutes live. I haven’t voted for motm but based on the first half I’ve been impressed with Rhys Williams, very Composed on the bell, position ally sound, getting more vocal and growing in confidence by the game. Also, I think young Clarkson did well based on the first half. Lots to like. A few having absolute kittens about the senior players but it’s no good throwing the kids to the lions, they need minutes but not in a side getting battered 3-4 nil. Other positives were minutes for Trent and Keita plus Kelleher again showed calmness and confidence in goal, a far cry from Adrian despite the pen.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #265: Dec 10, 2020 06:25:03 am
      I'm really quite pissed off with Klopp about that team selection, Salah playing the whole game, Jota most of it. at least he had the sense to sub Fabinho off, hopefully not because of an injury though.

My guess is: Klopp uses these games as training games and eases up the training accordingly. It kind of make sense because you learn the most out of real games. Managers seem to cope with all those "too many" games in that they decrease training intensity.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #266: Dec 10, 2020 07:17:23 am
      Minamino and Origi were so poor. Even if he had scored, I think Minamino was garbage yesterday. Every time he touches the ball or controls it, it seems that he'll lose possession 50% of the time.

It was a risk to play Williams and Koumetio without a proper DM in front of them, until Henderson came in. Jota tried too hard to create on his own and wasted many good opportunities. He tried to overdo and compensate for this team's blatant lack of creativity.
      « Last Edit: Dec 10, 2020 07:23:27 am by alex1995 »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #267: Dec 10, 2020 10:11:28 am
      Has it finished yet?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #268: Dec 10, 2020 10:14:32 am
      If a handball is not on purpose, i thought the play stood? and the lack of consistency is shocking when you have the tool. Pogba heads the ball off McGuire's hand and it goes in and counts.

Nah changed that start of last season. Anything that hits the hand now leading to a goal is ruled out. Deliberate or not. We've been stung with that one a few times.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #269: Dec 10, 2020 10:36:20 am
      Salah's just had a fortnight off at home. What does he need a rest for? He moaned the last time he got subbed off as well.

More likely he might not play the full 90 this weekend ahead of Spurs next midweek.

my thoughts too, he lost some match fitness those 2 weeks off. And we dont play again till sunday afternoon, so actually plenty time to rest. Also we dont have any injury worries up front its all MF & defence.

Origi let himself down again, that could be him done now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #270: Dec 10, 2020 10:38:33 am
      VAR btw. got everything right, it just took too long, and was not very clear what was happening.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #271: Dec 10, 2020 10:54:45 am
      Yeah, what would Klopp know about managing a team!🙄

In hindsight, we are all better than him! We wouldn't have committed the mistakes he made, in hindsight. And if we win, "what a great manager." If Klopp's normal, that makes us armchair managers.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #272: Dec 10, 2020 11:31:26 am

nah they're still doing a VAR check!
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #273: Dec 10, 2020 11:48:11 am
      Personally, thought both disallowed goals were good. One for them and one for us. It still would have been a draw but a 2-2 draw. IMHO.

People using VAR are stupid/corrupt/inept/totally useless/etc.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #274: Dec 10, 2020 11:50:26 am
      In the old days mane might have got away with the handball, not with stupid rules now.

And the goal they had chopped, the guy came back onto park to score, so he must be offside. I think.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #275: Dec 10, 2020 12:50:02 pm
      I didn’t  think it wasn’t  too bad considering, especially the first half, nor do I think Jürgen did hence taking Fabinho off and Billy on second half, thinking the young lads would cope, at the same time their gaffer gave his players a proper bollicking and told them to have a proper go, and they did,

It was clear within 5 mins their attitudes had changed, they put a lot of pressure on the defence using every opportunity  to attack in particular balls into the box, Klopp as we all know is positively positive and couldn’t allow  his young lads to get battered so introduced some bigger guns, it helped to stem the tide and we got a draw,

Positives ; Thought young Clarkson did well, despite one or two errors & his inexperience showed, but he wasn’t out of his depth and linked up well and covered at times,

Kelleher, again outstanding from the young keeper, I dunno but I bet Adrian was cursing him sat on the bench, he reads the game well , is comforting with the ball at his feet and his distribution is good, he made some great saves and was unluckily with that dubious penalty, 8/10 for me,

Tsimikas ; didn’t  think he pulled up any trees but what he did he did well until getting tugged, there is a player in there but the unfortunate  thing for him is he won’t get too many opportunities, but I think he is a ample sub for Robbo,

Rhys, another good performance  from the young cb , he did himself a lot of good again and proved once again the trust Jürgen has in him,  he is growing into a reliable defender and he could save the club a few million in the transfer market come January,

Negs;   Origi, f**k N hell, whats happened to this lad, he was never gonna be a starter, he knew that, but now he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team, I bet if you put one of the academy lads in he would do his absolutely best to impress Jürgen, but we don’t see that with Divock, I think in his own mind he’s a goner, he just doesn’t seem too bothered and reality is he’s more of a hindrance than a help, bye Div, thanks for the memories,

Naby, now I know he’s been injury prone and all that but, he needs to start showing what he’s all about and do it f***in  soon, because the patience is wearing thin, another opportunity has gone begging for him, that and with Gini still not committing it could be time we looked for someone else, I doubt that would happen in January but never say never, if it were down to me I’d give him the rest of this season’s to improve, or he can join Divock in the not good enough to list, sad thing is though, he’s a f***in beast at what he does best, he just doesn’t do it often enough,

To be honest we got battered second half, so I was pleased Jürgen turn to his experienced lads to see it through, and save the young lads faces to be honest, it was a dead rubber but you still  don’t want to lose it,

Now we can concentrate on the league fixtures until March, by which time hopefully we will have a considerable lead.....again !

Y  N  W  A

Quick Reply