Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Midtjylland?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      24 (40%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.7%)
      Rhys Williams
      4 (6.7%)
       Fabinho
      15 (25%)
      Kostas Tsimikas
      0 (0%)
      Leighton Clarkson
      6 (10%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      6 (10%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Diogo Jota
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Billy Koumetio
      1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: Dec 13, 2020 07:52:53 pm

FC Midtjylland 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 11675 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: FC Midtjylland 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Dec 10, 2020 04:53:52 pm
      Kelleher just made himself bigger nothing in the challenge but F**k VAR for every soft touch, now it is a pen :(

MOTM for me was Salah for his hunger :)
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Re: FC Midtjylland 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #277: Dec 10, 2020 07:23:06 pm
      I didn’t  think it wasn’t  too bad considering, especially the first half, nor do I think Jürgen did hence taking Fabinho off and Billy on second half, thinking the young lads would cope, at the same time their gaffer gave his players a proper bollicking and told them to have a proper go, and they did,

It was clear within 5 mins their attitudes had changed, they put a lot of pressure on the defence using every opportunity  to attack in particular balls into the box, Klopp as we all know is positively positive and couldn’t allow  his young lads to get battered so introduced some bigger guns, it helped to stem the tide and we got a draw,

Positives ; Thought young Clarkson did well, despite one or two errors & his inexperience showed, but he wasn’t out of his depth and linked up well and covered at times,

Kelleher, again outstanding from the young keeper, I dunno but I bet Adrian was cursing him sat on the bench, he reads the game well , is comforting with the ball at his feet and his distribution is good, he made some great saves and was unluckily with that dubious penalty, 8/10 for me,

Tsimikas ; didn’t  think he pulled up any trees but what he did he did well until getting tugged, there is a player in there but the unfortunate  thing for him is he won’t get too many opportunities, but I think he is a ample sub for Robbo,

Rhys, another good performance  from the young cb , he did himself a lot of good again and proved once again the trust Jürgen has in him,  he is growing into a reliable defender and he could save the club a few million in the transfer market come January,

Negs;   Origi, f**k N hell, whats happened to this lad, he was never gonna be a starter, he knew that, but now he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team, I bet if you put one of the academy lads in he would do his absolutely best to impress Jürgen, but we don’t see that with Divock, I think in his own mind he’s a goner, he just doesn’t seem too bothered and reality is he’s more of a hindrance than a help, bye Div, thanks for the memories,

Naby, now I know he’s been injury prone and all that but, he needs to start showing what he’s all about and do it f***in  soon, because the patience is wearing thin, another opportunity has gone begging for him, that and with Gini still not committing it could be time we looked for someone else, I doubt that would happen in January but never say never, if it were down to me I’d give him the rest of this season’s to improve, or he can join Divock in the not good enough to list, sad thing is though, he’s a f***in beast at what he does best, he just doesn’t do it often enough,

To be honest we got battered second half, so I was pleased Jürgen turn to his experienced lads to see it through, and save the young lads faces to be honest, it was a dead rubber but you still  don’t want to lose it,

Now we can concentrate on the league fixtures until March, by which time hopefully we will have a considerable lead.....again !

Y  N  W  A

Good post dude, agree with every word. First half was decent, second half we were up against it. I think that really shows the influence if Fabinho, he’s growing into a really classy defender

Quick Reply