Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Fulham?

Alisson Becker
      36 (52.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      10 (14.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      1 (1.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      15 (21.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (5.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (2.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.4%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: Dec 17, 2020 06:24:49 pm

Fulham 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16077 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Re: Fulham 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #575: Dec 14, 2020 02:36:47 am
      Didn't play well, came away with a point. Nobody should be happy with that, but nobody should be getting slaughtered for it. Off days happen.

Paradox : We have had a succession of off-days for some weeks now. But stil we're second and in the next round of the CL. But it's worrying.We have been poor lately and need to change things quickly if we want to win. We are IMO the best team of England but we need to show that.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #576: Dec 14, 2020 04:30:13 am
      Our back four keep passing the ball across to the left, then across to the right, again and again and again. They must of had the most touches between them in the history of the game.
      When it did go forwards to midfield, one touch and it went back to start again 🤷‍♂️
      Thought Ginii was piss poor, never trying to drive forward, sitting far to deep to effect the play.
      Crosses from all over, to 5ft 8 strikers v 6ft 4 defenders.
      When they got forward, the had 8 players move up field, and when we won the ball back we never created one decent counter.
      Can’t remember a more tactically inept game.
      It seems none of our lads were brave enough to take up the challenge and have a go bar cutis towards the end.

That is our plans brought us no.19 and 6th bigears, and we seemed very happy to this sacred idea ;D
      Plan A is give Trent a ball wait for his cross in
      Plan B is give Robbo a ball wait for his cross in

That's my stupid sarcasm but I'm always cried for alternative methods.
      Definitely Klopp and his team are genius but geniuses maybe still need alternatives.
      And they surely know that so we now have Ox, Keita and Tiago.

Still wonder we don't by Bruno Fernandes before he join ManUtd.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #577: Dec 14, 2020 07:59:51 am
      With "friends" like some of you, this team doesn't need enemies.

Subpar performance for sure, but it was one that reflected long-term absentees and a brutal run of matches of late. Sunday was the 7th game in 21 days.  (Wednesday was the one night in this stretch where we saw some widespread rotation, resting, half-resting -there really isn't much else Klopp could have done midweek to freshen the team for this match. The Klopp-blaming is perhaps the richest of a rich offering of teeth-gnashing)).

The team has won three, drawn three and lost one in that stretch. They have won their group in the Champions League and are joint top of the table in the Premier League.

The starting center back tandem is out for most or all the season. The next center back in line is unfortunately brittle. Two of our best midfielders were thus playing center back. And guess what? It affected our performance! Shocker!

People talk about needing to buy in January.
       Maybe, but we bought three players in the summer and each of those are out for multiple months with injuries (separate from our center backs).

Bottom line, it's a very different season and yet we are in a very good position to win trophies. No sugarcoating the performance Sunday, but maybe apply a little perspective before some of these reactions. Whatever you call some of these posts, they could never be defined as "support."

Same team that turned in strong performances vs. Leicester and Wolves in recent weeks. Maybe try to keep the tone a little higher on days when they don't meet those lofty standards .

It will save you some whiplash when we deliver with an important win vs Spurs this week.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #578: Dec 14, 2020 09:16:52 am
      Paradox : We have had a succession of off-days for some weeks now. But stil we're second and in the next round of the CL. But it's worrying.We have been poor lately and need to change things quickly if we want to win. We are IMO the best team of England but we need to show that.

Exactly 7 days ago we absolutely battered Wolves with a classy and polished performance. 7 F***ing days ago and some of you lot are spouting absolute bollocks as if we were in a relegation battle ffs! Wind your necks in some of you, were second against all odds the unprecedented injury crisis, the heavy spending Chelsea and a City side who have supposedly mended their ways and corrected their defensive issues spending a whopping 100m in the process on 2 defenders. Yet all are behind us and yes we haven’t consistently played our best football this season but we’ve played like champions and found a way to come out on top. A draw against a side already fighting for their life in turgid conditions amidst a heavy fixture list isn’t a crisis ffs.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #579: Dec 14, 2020 09:16:55 am
      My only disappointment about the game is we lost a chance to go 2 points clear of Spuds with a possibility of opening a 5 point gap if we beat them Wednesday...

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #580: Dec 14, 2020 09:18:29 am
      Bottom line is that we were poor, below par. We need to react against Spurs. We need to assist more our front three.

Salah, Henderson and Jones chances were enough to win us the game but we did not take them. Next Wednesday, we need to be clinical.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #581: Dec 14, 2020 09:21:07 am
      While some performances, including yesterday have been frustrating to watch I find solace in the fact we are joint top not playing near our best and with a bad run of injury.

Dont think the others would be too comfortable having us in the vicinity and finding form later in the season. Titles arent won in December
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #582: Dec 14, 2020 09:30:15 am
      Didn't play well, came away with a point. Nobody should be happy with that, but nobody should be getting slaughtered for it. Off days happen.

You're right - it's hard to look at the league table and the amount of injuries and really give them too much stick.

I think most people's issue is that it looked exactly like a post European trip performance when given we had already won the group, most of our first team should have been as fresh as the Fulham players.

The next four weeks though are going to be a lot more interesting as all the Premier League teams are back in the same boat.  If we're still struggling in some of these games come the middle of January then we know we can't blame European games.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #583: Dec 14, 2020 10:05:40 am
      It is easy to knock the team, with a below par performance, but with so many injuries, we are still second in the table. On the plus side Alisson is back & Curtis Jones continues to improve.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #584: Dec 14, 2020 10:37:06 am
      Nothing much to say that you guys haven't already said, apart from our corners.  Matip off, so we have very little aerial threat, yet we launched it in the box to be easily dealt with every time.

We had a corner in the 93d minute & I was screaming for a short corner and maybe square it for Jones to have a go from the edge of the box; but no, yet again hoof it in to be headed away.  Lack of initiative there.

Anyway, that game has gone now (thank f###), so on to the top-of-the-table clash Wednesday.  Kane & Son will obviously be a big threat on the counter, but it is at Anfield in front of some fans, at least.  Might be tempted to go Matip & Phillips in central defence, with Fab moving into midfield with Hendo & Gini, to help control the game better.  Need to get it to the front 3 a lot more than we did yesterday.

Think we'll nick it and go top.

COYR!!!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #585: Dec 14, 2020 10:47:30 am
      And on a sad note, I’m hearing Gerrard Houlier has passed away while undergoing heart surgery.
      RIP Gerrard, and thanks for the memories, and all your time and effort for our great club.

Sort of puts a draw with Fulham into perspective really.

Not what I was expecting to hear this morning.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #586: Dec 14, 2020 10:53:36 am
      Everyone is sh*te and letting me down. Klopp selection, captain who can’t push his players, sh*te pen by mo, mane off form, taki a nothing player. Moaning supporters.

I’m off supporting the Bayern the current CL champions. And City, the team with the most cumulative PL points over the past few years.  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

I’ll be back when we start trashing teams again. I cannot afford to lose and I won’t!  :mad:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #587: Dec 14, 2020 11:02:34 am
      Could be worse .. we could be Arsenal., 😂
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #588: Dec 14, 2020 01:37:15 pm
      Didn't get to see the game, and wasn't involved in this thread, sounds like it was a good thing. Some folks need to have a word with themselves. I guess we know we are back on top when "supporters" can spout absolute sh*t after a poor performance that ends in a draw. Get some perspective people.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #589: Dec 14, 2020 03:03:37 pm
      The game reminded me when you playing first game of the season away to a newly promoted team on their ground, they come out full of piss and vingar spured on by their home supporters. That is what it felt like when you consider it was their first game with supporters, fulham came out full of energy and aggression which caught us off guard.

Thought both Robbo/TAA were very poor offering attacking outlet out wide and by his high standards I found since international break Mane form been off, not as much of threat on left and he makes wrong decion/poor finishing in final third.

Good thing with so many games we don't have time to wallow in out misery because we are right back at it and a win vs Spurs can put the wind back in a sails towards the christmas period. I just worry given we can't go one damn game without someone getting  a knock or hurt. Rate we are going we will not have the ability to field a team ;D

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #590: Dec 14, 2020 03:20:17 pm
      take the point and run away.

Beat spuds Wednesday and its a bloody good point too in the grand scheme.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #591: Dec 14, 2020 07:50:41 pm
      we got lucky with the draw and they should of had the pen just hope they take the finger out from now on.

https://twitter.com/PraiseRomiluyi/status/1338400239754108928?s=20
      https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1338399669047734273?s=20
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #592: Dec 14, 2020 08:29:20 pm

Its maybe a penalty but certainly not a clear one, as shown by it taking VAR 5 minutes to decide.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #593: Dec 14, 2020 09:54:55 pm
      Its maybe a penalty but certainly not a clear one, as shown by it taking VAR 5 minutes to decide.

Two very different looks from two separate angles.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #594: Dec 15, 2020 05:58:20 am
      We were lucky, could have easily been down 4-0 by the half hour mark if it wasn't for Ali and their ineptness in front of goal and it's not the first time it's happened lately. The best teams might give us a shellacking if we aren't on it form the start.

Proud of the Boys for coming back into it in the 2nd half and was so relieved when Mo's penalty went in, his worst attempt that I can recall and it still went in.

Trent cannot be fit no way, he was easily for me, the worst player on the pitch. When Nico came on, thought he played much better then Trent had all game.

Let's beat Spurs and start a run again lads of dropping no fkn points for the rest of Dec, Jan and the rest of the season if I'm being really greedy!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #595: Dec 19, 2020 01:42:04 am
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Two very different looks from two separate angles.

I didn't think it was a penalty, but once I saw a couple of home fans behind the goal appealing, I knew it would be reviewed. The whole thing took 3 minutes, which were added on in injury time.

There have been several December banana skins in recent years, and this was the latest one. It was an expensive two points dropped, as every other big club is going to go there and get 3 points, they are out of their depth at this level. But for some reason we always find it a struggle to win there. If we could improve the record on the road, we'll breeze through this league.

Quick Reply