Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Away League Form Concern

Read 2492 times
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Away League Form Concern
      Dec 14, 2020 10:25:31 am
      One win from six away league games this season. Three losses in our last six away games last season.

Obviously injuries are not helping but our home form has not been affected so not sure what is happening.

But a real concern or am I over reacting?

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Away League Form Concern
      Reply #1: Dec 14, 2020 10:39:08 am
      Its not ideal, it doesnt read well but its not a concern.

Were joint top. Were into the knockouts of tge champions league. Have had a horrendous batch of injuries. Frankly not playing well either home or away.

If we were 8 poinrs off the top you might say were in trouble here. But history shows champions often slump at the start of a nee season and come strong when it matters.

We will sort out form. We will get players fit again. If were in the mix come March well win it. And we will be in the mix, no doubt.

Its a mad season. How many points between 1 and 14? We need to be calm as fans. Dont have to be happy with what were seeing as we rightly  expect  more from this group, because they have given so much before. But we need to realise perfection isnt possible and that we will ride it out and come out of it flying again
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #2: Dec 14, 2020 12:58:15 pm
      I think people need to realise and accept that this competition is more like road cycling. As long as we keep pace with the leaders, we will have every chance towards the finish.

Yes we could have attacked and lengthened our lead, but despite failing to do so we’re still at the front. We just need to match up with the leaders and not fall behind.

Assuming that the leaders will keep winning, then yes we need to pick up our form. Otherwise as long as we’re there or thereabouts at the front of the pack, we will have every chance.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3: Dec 14, 2020 03:22:49 pm
      One win from six away league games this season. Three losses in our last six away games last season.

Obviously injuries are not helping but our home form has not been affected so not sure what is happening.

But a real concern or am I over reacting?

I think your right, over reacting. We always knew record injuries were going to happen this year and probably none more so than you lads in the league as it does appear your having more than any other club, certainly with the best players anyway.

Uniteds home form just as bad but you won't be too worried about that.  ;D Basically we have to except no team is going to win the league by points tally of the last two years. It's just a question of doing your best with the tools in front of us. Pretty sure I can say for the majority of fans 2020 can't go fast enough now.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Dec 14, 2020 03:25:19 pm
      Its not ideal, it doesnt read well but its not a concern.

Were joint top. Were into the knockouts of tge champions league. Have had a horrendous batch of injuries. Frankly not playing well either home or away.

If we were 8 poinrs off the top you might say were in trouble here. But history shows champions often slump at the start of a nee season and come strong when it matters.

We will sort out form. We will get players fit again. If were in the mix come March well win it. And we will be in the mix, no doubt.

Its a mad season. How many points between 1 and 14? We need to be calm as fans. Dont have to be happy with what were seeing as we rightly  expect  more from this group, because they have given so much before. But we need to realise perfection isnt possible and that we will ride it out and come out of it flying again

exactly. well said.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5: Dec 14, 2020 03:35:22 pm
      The Everton game, it supposed to be a win. We were stolen :( But yes, we need to improve. Our home form is so superb that it is compensating.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #6: Dec 14, 2020 04:53:52 pm
      For me it’s not a concern... yet.
      We are level with the leaders.
      We have qualified from our champions league group.
      We have an extraordinary injury list.
      We are playing 3 games a week which means fatigue and tiredness (including mentally) are going to kick in.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #7: Dec 14, 2020 05:06:51 pm
      I think there's a very good chance we'll be top of the table on Christmas Day. When you take into account not just our injuries, but the difficult start to the season fixture-wise, you'd have to say that's a pretty remarkable achievement all things considered. Away form is far from perfect but the sample size I think is too small at the minute for us to start harbouring any real concern about it, especially when you consider how the Everton & Brighton games panned out.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #8: Jan 05, 2021 04:56:19 pm
      Bump.
      LiverpoolsFinest
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts | 36 
      Reply #9: Jan 05, 2021 06:09:56 pm
      I didnt realise this thread was started 3 weeks ago.
      If it was a concern then, what is it now?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #10: Jan 05, 2021 06:26:47 pm
      Spurs west ham Leicester and sheff utd next 4 away games. That takes us up to March.

Home v utd Burnley city and Everton in between...

Need a 1986 style run of wins. Ive said itll come down to the games amongst the top 6 but we cant continue our current away form.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #11: Jan 05, 2021 10:55:17 pm
      I think that the most concerning part is the lack of quality in our performances on the road. Yes, we will have days where nothing will go in no matter how many chances we create but how many times this season have we been 2nd best for the majority of the match when playing away from home?

Chelsea - Deserved the win
      Aston Villa - Outplayed
      Everton - Cheated out of a deserved win
      Man City - Better team opening 20 mins but went back into our shell after they scored and neither team really played well in second half
      Brighton - Unlucky finish to the game but realistically we were lucky not to be 2 down at half time
      Fulham - Outplayed and outperformed from 1st minute to the last
      Newcastle - Created a good number of chances as the game went on but 1st hour+ was shocking
      Southampton - Less said the better even if I liked the first 10 mins of the second half yesterday but nowhere near good enough overall

No doubt that some of you may disagree with the above summaries but that's how I viewed the games.

I think the City one may actually emphasise our current problems. We started really well in that game, got in behind a few times in those first 20 minutes but then we started panicking and rushing the passes, taking out the middle man in our attacking phases. This seems to be a regular occurrence now and started in that 2nd half against West Brom where we rushed things and were too desperate to score that 2nd goal.
      We just don't seem too keen on playing the ball to our attackers' feet even though they are brilliant technical players.

Quick Reply