Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Tottenham EPL (Wed 16th Dec 2020 8:00pm)

Read 7746 times
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Tottenham EPL (Wed 16th Dec 2020 8:00pm)
      Reply #23: Dec 15, 2020 02:20:01 pm
      If we do lose I hope we find time to applaud our amazing home unbeaten run.
      But, let’s not lose.
      Not to Jose.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Dec 15, 2020 02:20:33 pm
      Smash these cu*ts, can’t stand the F***ing club..

Cut the supply to Song & don’t fall for Kane backing into players to earn a free kick for himself & we are good..

Jose will set up for a smash & grab...
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #25: Dec 15, 2020 03:29:33 pm
      Jose playing the mind games I see!

If Spurs revert to type and play on the backfoot I'd be tempted to see if we could get Fabinho into the midfield but obviously that can only happen if Matip is fit. Fab in the middle would hopefully disrupt Kane dropping deep and building the Spurs counter attacks.

Big thing is needing the front three to click back into gear. Can't remember the last time they played well together and caused havoc to be honest - we've currently been relying on them individually and that's going to make breaking Spurs down very difficult.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #26: Dec 15, 2020 03:37:27 pm
      Midfield has to be Hendo, Gini and Curtis.

Don't think any of them were covered in glory at the weekend. But an obvious lack of alternatives.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Dec 15, 2020 03:56:55 pm
      Don't think any of them were covered in glory at the weekend. But an obvious lack of alternatives.

Sure, but he won't be picking just based on the last match. This three have done rather well for us this season, and previously at least with Gini and Hendo. With Fab needed in the back, it's our best three.

I see Naby is back in training, but I wouldn't expect him to start.

To be honest, anything he gives us now, for me, is a bonus. Just hasn't worked out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #28: Dec 15, 2020 04:04:11 pm
      I’d be very tempted to have Fab in front of the back 4 for this, although we do not man mark I would have him on Kane all night long, if Matip is fit I’d  have him and Phillips as CB’s, Trent and Robbo providing the width to spread the play and by pass Sissoko & Holjberg, Hendo & Gini doing the donkey work in the middle, and the usual three amigos up top providing the goodies,

It all depends on Matip, if he’s oot, I’d play Fab & Phillips, with Hendo, Gini & Jones in front instead, for me this is a crucial game, a win would give us top spot on our own and a platform to build another unassailable lead, lose then we just carry on and build the pressure as time goes on, see if the Spudettes can handle the pressure, ultimately they will crack, I reckon there’ll be lots of bumps in the road before May, but I still make us favourites despite the injury list, where we are after the Xmas madness will be telling for sure.

Alisson

Trent    Matip   Phillips   Robbo

Fabinho

Henderson   Wijnaldom

Salah.                    Mane
                                                                          Bobby

Another game where we miss out on Thiago, he would be perfect for this fixture, alas, we will just need to win it without him, and win it we will.

3-1 Champions

Y  N  W  A
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Dec 15, 2020 04:19:46 pm
      I’d be very tempted to have Fab in front of the back 4 for this, although we do not man mark I would have him on Kane all night long, if Matip is fit I’d  have him and Phillips as CB’s, Trent and Robbo providing the width to spread the play and by pass Sissoko & Holjberg, Hendo & Gini doing the donkey work in the middle, and the usual three amigos up top providing the goodies,

It all depends on Matip, if he’s oot, I’d play Fab & Phillips, with Hendo, Gini & Jones in front instead, for me this is a crucial game, a win would give us top spot on our own and a platform to build another unassailable lead, lose then we just carry on and build the pressure as time goes on, see if the Spudettes can handle the pressure, ultimately they will crack, I reckon there’ll be lots of bumps in the road before May, but I still make us favourites despite the injury list, where we are after the Xmas madness will be telling for sure.

Alisson

Trent    Matip   Phillips   Robbo

Fabinho

Henderson   Wijnaldom

Salah.                    Mane
                                                                          Bobby

Another game where we miss out on Thiago, he would be perfect for this fixture, alas, we will just need to win it without him, and win it we will.

3-1 Champions

Y  N  W  A

I have a sneaky this might happen too, we need more height for corners etc. big natt helps with that.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #30: Dec 15, 2020 04:55:23 pm
      Expect Kane to be a weakling tomorrow. Fall down at the close proximity. Matip and Fab have to be careful.

Worse than that is his new cynical backing into airborne players and falling over to win free kicks and penalties.

On the flip side sending the opposition player who's none the wiser as they are looking at the ball into some very dangerous scenarios.

Will break someone's neck doint it soon enough if hes allowed to continue with it.

https://twitter.com/NewhouseT/status/1335934664985505794?s=19
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #31: Dec 15, 2020 05:26:06 pm

Thought Jones did alright second half lets not forget he is playing more than we originally thought carried the ball better than Gini thats for sure and could of easily have scored winner with a bit more luck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #32: Dec 15, 2020 05:28:30 pm
      What has Shaq to not even mentioned the last couple of weeks? We need him and he's MIA.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #33: Dec 15, 2020 06:11:12 pm
      What has Shaq to not even mentioned the last couple of weeks? We need him and he's MIA.

Getting fit would help
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #34: Dec 15, 2020 06:17:58 pm
      Thought Jones did alright second half lets not forget he is playing more than we originally thought carried the ball better than Gini thats for sure and could of easily have scored winner with a bit more luck

Was gutted that late solo effort didn't go in. Would have been an almost a carbon copy of Gerrard's first goal against Sheffield Wednesday in 1999!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #35: Dec 15, 2020 06:41:04 pm
      Worse than that is his new cynical backing into airborne players and falling over to win free kicks and penalties.

On the flip side sending the opposition player who's none the wiser as they are looking at the ball into some very dangerous scenarios.

Will break someone's neck doint it soon enough if hes allowed to continue with it.

How the hell is that a foul for Kane, he is the one backing into the other player, he's even looking at them? I agree it's extremely dangerous.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #36: Dec 15, 2020 06:42:06 pm

Was gutted that late solo effort didn't go in. Would have been an almost a carbon copy of Gerrard's first goal against Sheffield Wednesday in 1999!

He's a very similar player to Stevie G, he's getting more and more confident as well.
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 82 
      Reply #37: Dec 15, 2020 07:21:44 pm
      Thank god Mou helped us with his stupid meme. We should be on fire. Thanks, Jose.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #38: Dec 15, 2020 07:57:07 pm
      Chelsea beaten again got to win this one
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #39: Dec 15, 2020 08:03:39 pm
      If harry kane back in to any of our players like that I hope they land him with an accidental elbow as they crash to the ground.
      He could seriously injure someone but once again all good ol’ Harry cares about is Kane FC.

I actually can’t stand him.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #40: Dec 15, 2020 10:43:33 pm
      If harry kane back in to any of our players like that I hope they land him with an accidental elbow as they crash to the ground.
      He could seriously injure someone but once again all good ol’ Harry cares about is Kane FC.

I actually can’t stand him.

You’ve no idea how happy it makes me that he left the only european cup final he’ll ever be in with a runners up medal because of the reds
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #41: Dec 15, 2020 11:41:11 pm
      Just had some sort of premonition. Sat here minding my own business when I got a mental message from somewhere.
      We are gonna press and Spuds will sit deep.
      We will get a breakthrough and score mid first half.
      They will have a bit more of a go at us second half and we will pick them off and score again. 2:0 to the reds. Have just changed my prediction to suit 😊
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #42: Dec 15, 2020 11:50:05 pm

He’ll continue getting away with it. He seems to be league’s poster boy and has a free pass in everything. If they have doubts who to credit goals to, it’s Kane. Own goal or Kane? Kane for sure.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #43: Dec 16, 2020 12:39:06 am
      Personally think we'll smash them. 4-0 to the reds.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #44: Dec 16, 2020 04:06:01 am
      This game comes down to how Mane and Bobby perform. If they go missing we draw. If just one of them falls into forum we win by 2 goals. We will have a lot of the ball tomorrow. Gotta make it count.

3-1 Reds
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #45: Dec 16, 2020 06:49:42 am
      Matip needs to mark Kane from set pieces. I'm sick of seeing other teams tallest players being marked by Robbo and trent etc.

Quick Reply