Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Madrid [Champions League] Wed 14th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 11th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W10 D8 L9

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      15 (14.6%)
      Rhys Williams
      9 (8.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      9 (8.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      7 (6.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      30 (29.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      17 (16.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      14 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2020 09:50:59 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 8800 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,959 posts | 3003 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #525: Dec 16, 2020 11:00:59 pm
      Colossal win that tonight, oh and FUCK what Maureen says, whatever it was it’s simply sour grapes, he came with a plan and it failed, get over it Fuckstick, you don’t get f**k all parking yer bus @ Anfield, not when your facing a wounded animal and certainly not trying to get one over the best tactician in European football, this won’t be the last time that sour faced w**ker loses out against Jürgen, he has a good set of lads in that Spuds side, it’s such a pity he has no f***in grace, no class, and no respect for a club and a side better than his,

His tactics were  A typical Mourinho, 10 behind the ball hit them on the counter, boring and counter productive, so much so he got bit on his sanctimonious arse, his plan failed because Spuds couldn’t get the ball, they chased & chased us all f***in night and but for 3/4 chances they never really threatened, but had they set out to attack attack attack, I think we would have been in trouble, and that my pedigree chums is why Maureen and whoever he manages will never get the better of Liverpool FC & Jürgen Klopp,

There is a reason we are Champions you disrespectful Fuckpig, now FUCK OFF back to Landan Maureen, I Sink your a Sour faced Kunt.

Y  N  W  A

TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,865 posts | 964 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #526: Dec 16, 2020 11:01:13 pm
      Jose you're head has fallen off you f**king dog shagger. Get back to your instagram account and fly on the wall amazon documentaries, you're finished you gobs***e

LIBPOOL, TOP OF THE LEAGUE, LIBPOOL LIBPOOL TOP OF THE LEAGUE
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,162 posts | 827 
      Reply #527: Dec 16, 2020 11:02:45 pm
      Jose is a self centred insulting disgrace of a man.  The special one ! Ha ha ha, we are gonna face the same tactic against fat Sam next home game.
      If spuds had drawn theyd be calling him a tactical genius FFS.
      He’s lucky theyre in tier 3. If the fans were let in to see that sh*te anti football, theyd have him out.
      Just who the f**k does he think he is.
      I hate the c**t, just in case you hadn’t noticed .😊
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,479 posts | 2021 
      Reply #528: Dec 16, 2020 11:06:21 pm
      Total sh*te he is. Some of us have no reason liking him. What is wrong with us?

Look mate it's all well and good having a go at anyone who criticises Bobby especially after he scores a winning goal.

I was delighted for Bobby to score tonight, would only love for him to get back to his best, and he might well do now. But no player is free from criticism especially one who has been in poor form for so long as Bobby has.

Anyway great goal and hopefully Bobby goes on a run of good games after tonight.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,283 posts | 2004 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Tottenham
      Reply #529: Dec 16, 2020 11:06:35 pm
      f**k me bobby - Jürgen get him off ffs

But not until the 91st minute.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,959 posts | 3003 
      Reply #530: Dec 16, 2020 11:07:02 pm

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in your last two posts Robby mate ? 🤪

TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,865 posts | 964 
      Reply #531: Dec 16, 2020 11:08:38 pm

Best in the world he's Robby the Zee, you know  ;)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,162 posts | 827 
      Reply #532: Dec 16, 2020 11:09:32 pm
      I’ve gone with Hendo for motm.
      Man was everywhere barking and shouting orders. Played some lovely through b  as pls s as nd dishonest  as l passes. Just never never stopped.

Predicted 2:1 then thought, nah, them fuckers won’t score against us, snd changed it to 2:0
      Hope it was too late to register 😊
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,479 posts | 2021 
      Reply #533: Dec 16, 2020 11:10:04 pm
      Absolute cheek or Maureen to say his Burnley in whites deserved to win tonight the moany old cow.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,959 posts | 3003 
      Reply #534: Dec 16, 2020 11:10:43 pm
      Look mate it's all well and good having a go at anyone who criticises Bobby especially after he scores a winning goal.

I was delighted for Bobby to score tonight,  would only love for him to get back to his best, and he might well do now. But no player is free from criticism especially one who has been in poor form for so long as Bobby has.

Anyway great goal and hopefully Bobby goes on a run of good games after tonght.

Look mate your right players shouldn’t be free from criticism, but they also deserve our support both through their good times and their bad ones too, so instead of whinging and f***in moaning do what Liverpool fans do best and eh..........SUPPORT !
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,255 posts | 2506 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #535: Dec 16, 2020 11:13:38 pm
      The kids really are alright
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,794 posts | 355 
      Reply #536: Dec 16, 2020 11:17:20 pm
      Enjoyable game, good to see Bobby head home the winner, after chances at both ends.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 924 posts | 292 
      Reply #537: Dec 16, 2020 11:17:21 pm
      That final whistle felt ----- so -------- goooooooooood!

I'm SO pleased for Bobby, for his Anfield goal.  And Rhys was immense.

But what about that midfield?  Gini was everywhere.  Curtis always showing for it, so confident.  Hendo just being what he is. A dynamo.  Mr Motivator.  The Master of Ceremonies.  The template for Liverpool captains for decades to come.

Maureen and golden boy Kane don't deserve squat, the toe rags.  Total gobshites.  Shouldn't have been given airtime once he said the best team lost.  They both always make it about them, don't they? 

SENT PACKING!  COME ON YOU BIG RED BASTARDS!

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,479 posts | 2021 
      Reply #538: Dec 16, 2020 11:18:13 pm

Look mate your right players shouldn’t be free from criticism, but they also deserve our support both through their good times and their bad ones too, so instead of whinging and f***in moaning do what Liverpool fans do best and eh..........SUPPORT !

We support the team first and foremost mate. Any player not pulling their weight in the team for a long spell they will get called out for it. Anyway I have faith Bobby will get back to top form based on recent improved performances, and the confidence he'll take from that winner tonight.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,283 posts | 2004 
      Reply #539: Dec 16, 2020 11:20:48 pm

I was delighted for Bobby to score tonight, would only love for him to get back to his best, and he might well do now. But no player is free from criticism especially one who has been in poor form for so long as Bobby has.

Anyway great goal and hopefully Bobby goes on a run of good games after tonight.

I've never said you can't criticize him. You're perfectly free to do so. And I'm perfectly free to comment as I wish.

GREAT win tonight. I hope you are as happy as me - I'm sure you are. LOVE this feeling after a game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,283 posts | 2004 
      Reply #540: Dec 16, 2020 11:21:45 pm

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in your last two posts Robby mate ? 🤪

Just having a laugh with the lads Billy!  Nothing like reveling in that big win afterglow.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,283 posts | 2004 
      Reply #541: Dec 16, 2020 11:22:30 pm
      Best in the world he's Robby the Zee, you know  ;)

I thought you'd call it Robby the Zed!  :)
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,427 posts | 706 
      Reply #542: Dec 16, 2020 11:26:57 pm

Honestly, i don't know what Klopp sees in him.....
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,865 posts | 964 
      Reply #543: Dec 16, 2020 11:36:41 pm
      I thought you'd call it Robby the Zed!  :)

Poetic License!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,283 posts | 2004 
      Reply #544: Dec 16, 2020 11:41:22 pm
      What a great moment that was. The forces of good prevail over anti-football and go TOP OF THE TABLE.

A couple of contrary points here:

1. I'm fine with allowing Son's goal to stand IF that is how we are going to do VAR for all decisions for the rest of the season. A quick check, if it isn't clear and obvious (meaning no need to draw lines everywhere and zoom in), then the call on the park STANDS. Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds. AS many have noted, that is NOT how the league has been doing it for us so far this season. But if the message has finally gotten to the corridors of power, I'm fine with them doing it this way.

2. Mourinho has a way. He knows there only is one way for him team to beat us and that's how he set them up. We are better than them, BUT it could have worked for Spurs today. We weren't lucky to win, we deserved it, but he did what he is supposed to which is give his team a chance.

As far as post-match, i will credit Jose for immediately working toward creating doubt in our minds, distracting everyone from what just happened. He wants to undermine confidence and distract attention from his team, the losing team. It can have a positive effect for his team.

Jürgen knows all of this though and unlike various characters from around the world (Arsene Wenger among others), he doesn't rise to the bait. He just smiles. When asked about it afterward he doesn't get into a pissing match. It wouldn't surprise me if he tells the team next time they train "just for the record, Mourinho is full of sh*te when he says they were better" but Jürgen knows not to feed the JoseTroll when it comes to public narratives and all that. Just keep smiling boss. You totally earned that victory.

3. I have some fun with negative comments in the match thread. As I mentioned to baz, everyone is entitled to say/write what they want. Sometimes I think it's too negative, but, free speech and all that. I WILL say I thought some of the comments toward Joel Matip at the beginning were over the top. I trust a professional football player who has played well for us on many occasions, with being able to determine whether he is fit to play. If he says no, I trust that he chooses not to play because he doesn't want to hurt the team with poor performance. I was hoping he'd be fit as well, but saying someone is bottling it or whatever is getting into some kind of mind-reading skills that frankly, you just don't have. A little benefit of the doubt at least when it comes to motives and professionalism.

Rhys Williams had a few nervous moments, but he also stepped up on more than one occasion with some good cover. Yet another kid breaking into the first team, looks like.

I went with Fabinho as MOTM, but Hendo, Gini, Curtis, Trent, Robbo, Ali, Sadio, Mo, Bobby and Rhys all did their part. I never wanted to see a sub made until we scored the winner and I thought we'd take off a forward for a midfielder, which I guess he was trying to do but never got a stoppage.

Oh and Bobby, with the winner. WHAT a MOMENT. Si, SENOR!!!!
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,792 posts | 211 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #545: Dec 16, 2020 11:41:55 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,283 posts | 2004 
      Reply #546: Dec 16, 2020 11:46:51 pm

"I don't mind, other guys dancing with my girl"

(Unless we're talking about one of my daughters in which case I will blow their f**king heads off!)

Here's to post-match bevvy and celebrating with the song reference made by FK10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 7,283 posts | 2004 
      Reply #547: Dec 16, 2020 11:52:48 pm
      Just wanted to add that at the end of the match, it was Sadio who really kept going and kept creating threats for us, ultimately winning the corner that led to the winner. He hasn't scored in a bit, but like Bobby, he is still doing plenty to contribute to our status as league leaders and Champions League contenders.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,427 posts | 706 
      Reply #548: Dec 17, 2020 12:47:25 am
      Just wanted to add that at the end of the match, it was Sadio who really kept going and kept creating threats for us, ultimately winning the corner that led to the winner. He hasn't scored in a bit, but like Bobby, he is still doing plenty to contribute to our status as league leaders and Champions League contenders.

During a recent City game the commentator said KDB has not scored from open play this season. Would be stupid to say he's lost it, just as it's equally stupid to say Bobby's lost it.

And Mane is cursed right now but once he pops one it i think he's going to go mental and score in bunches.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,212 posts | 129 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #549: Dec 17, 2020 12:47:43 am
      Gusty win and hopefully this can start a good run over the holiday period before we can look to add a body it two in the window. Given the type of game Spurs play and Jose just made this win more satisfying.

The game could of went either way in the second half, thought we played well in the first half though got caught with sucker punch on the Son goal. Second half we didn't create as much but found a way to break through in the end. Thought Hendo was very good, broke up a lot of plays on the counter and did appreciate Mane who was clearly frustrated (given his lack of form and getting man handled by Aurier) he kept plugging alone, hopefully he will break out of his funk.

As much as I was annoyed with the fact VAR took 30 seconds to make a decision as oppose to when we get reviewed takes ten minutes and lines being drawn all over the place but how it was used tonight to be was correct way, if it is too close to call after a quick look go with what the officials call.

Quick Reply