Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      15 (14.6%)
      Rhys Williams
      9 (8.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      9 (8.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      7 (6.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      30 (29.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      17 (16.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      14 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2020 09:50:59 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21291 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Dec 16, 2020 11:20:48 pm
      Look mate it's all well and good having a go at anyone who criticises Bobby especially after he scores a winning goal.

I was delighted for Bobby to score tonight, would only love for him to get back to his best, and he might well do now. But no player is free from criticism especially one who has been in poor form for so long as Bobby has.

Anyway great goal and hopefully Bobby goes on a run of good games after tonight.

I've never said you can't criticize him. You're perfectly free to do so. And I'm perfectly free to comment as I wish.

GREAT win tonight. I hope you are as happy as me - I'm sure you are. LOVE this feeling after a game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #530: Dec 16, 2020 11:21:45 pm

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm in your last two posts Robby mate ? 🤪

Just having a laugh with the lads Billy!  Nothing like reveling in that big win afterglow.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Tottenham
      Reply #531: Dec 16, 2020 11:22:30 pm
      Best in the world he's Robby the Zee, you know  ;)

I thought you'd call it Robby the Zed!  :)
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #532: Dec 16, 2020 11:26:57 pm
      Total sh*te he is. Some of us have no reason liking him. What is wrong with us?

Honestly, i don't know what Klopp sees in him.....
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #533: Dec 16, 2020 11:36:41 pm
      I thought you'd call it Robby the Zed!  :)

Poetic License!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #534: Dec 16, 2020 11:41:22 pm
      What a great moment that was. The forces of good prevail over anti-football and go TOP OF THE TABLE.

A couple of contrary points here:

1. I'm fine with allowing Son's goal to stand IF that is how we are going to do VAR for all decisions for the rest of the season. A quick check, if it isn't clear and obvious (meaning no need to draw lines everywhere and zoom in), then the call on the park STANDS. Shouldn't take more than 30 seconds. AS many have noted, that is NOT how the league has been doing it for us so far this season. But if the message has finally gotten to the corridors of power, I'm fine with them doing it this way.

2. Mourinho has a way. He knows there only is one way for him team to beat us and that's how he set them up. We are better than them, BUT it could have worked for Spurs today. We weren't lucky to win, we deserved it, but he did what he is supposed to which is give his team a chance.

As far as post-match, i will credit Jose for immediately working toward creating doubt in our minds, distracting everyone from what just happened. He wants to undermine confidence and distract attention from his team, the losing team. It can have a positive effect for his team.

Jürgen knows all of this though and unlike various characters from around the world (Arsene Wenger among others), he doesn't rise to the bait. He just smiles. When asked about it afterward he doesn't get into a pissing match. It wouldn't surprise me if he tells the team next time they train "just for the record, Mourinho is full of sh*te when he says they were better" but Jürgen knows not to feed the JoseTroll when it comes to public narratives and all that. Just keep smiling boss. You totally earned that victory.

3. I have some fun with negative comments in the match thread. As I mentioned to baz, everyone is entitled to say/write what they want. Sometimes I think it's too negative, but, free speech and all that. I WILL say I thought some of the comments toward Joel Matip at the beginning were over the top. I trust a professional football player who has played well for us on many occasions, with being able to determine whether he is fit to play. If he says no, I trust that he chooses not to play because he doesn't want to hurt the team with poor performance. I was hoping he'd be fit as well, but saying someone is bottling it or whatever is getting into some kind of mind-reading skills that frankly, you just don't have. A little benefit of the doubt at least when it comes to motives and professionalism.

Rhys Williams had a few nervous moments, but he also stepped up on more than one occasion with some good cover. Yet another kid breaking into the first team, looks like.

I went with Fabinho as MOTM, but Hendo, Gini, Curtis, Trent, Robbo, Ali, Sadio, Mo, Bobby and Rhys all did their part. I never wanted to see a sub made until we scored the winner and I thought we'd take off a forward for a midfielder, which I guess he was trying to do but never got a stoppage.

Oh and Bobby, with the winner. WHAT a MOMENT. Si, SENOR!!!!
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #535: Dec 16, 2020 11:41:55 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #536: Dec 16, 2020 11:46:51 pm

"I don't mind, other guys dancing with my girl"

(Unless we're talking about one of my daughters in which case I will blow their F***ing heads off!)

Here's to post-match bevvy and celebrating with the song reference made by FK10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afam2nIae4o

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #537: Dec 16, 2020 11:52:48 pm
      Just wanted to add that at the end of the match, it was Sadio who really kept going and kept creating threats for us, ultimately winning the corner that led to the winner. He hasn't scored in a bit, but like Bobby, he is still doing plenty to contribute to our status as league leaders and Champions League contenders.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #538: Dec 17, 2020 12:47:25 am
      Just wanted to add that at the end of the match, it was Sadio who really kept going and kept creating threats for us, ultimately winning the corner that led to the winner. He hasn't scored in a bit, but like Bobby, he is still doing plenty to contribute to our status as league leaders and Champions League contenders.

During a recent City game the commentator said KDB has not scored from open play this season. Would be stupid to say he's lost it, just as it's equally stupid to say Bobby's lost it.

And Mane is cursed right now but once he pops one it i think he's going to go mental and score in bunches.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #539: Dec 17, 2020 12:47:43 am
      Gusty win and hopefully this can start a good run over the holiday period before we can look to add a body it two in the window. Given the type of game Spurs play and Jose just made this win more satisfying.

The game could of went either way in the second half, thought we played well in the first half though got caught with sucker punch on the Son goal. Second half we didn't create as much but found a way to break through in the end. Thought Hendo was very good, broke up a lot of plays on the counter and did appreciate Mane who was clearly frustrated (given his lack of form and getting man handled by Aurier) he kept plugging alone, hopefully he will break out of his funk.

As much as I was annoyed with the fact VAR took 30 seconds to make a decision as oppose to when we get reviewed takes ten minutes and lines being drawn all over the place but how it was used tonight to be was correct way, if it is too close to call after a quick look go with what the officials call.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #540: Dec 17, 2020 01:34:16 am
      Great to see Bobby's goal.
      A classic.

Kids did well.

Some of our passing play was simply out of this world. Mesmerising.

Great presentation by Amazon.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 622 posts | 59 
      Reply #541: Dec 17, 2020 05:05:11 am
      Went with Jones motm, really is a joy to watch him play, great goal from Bobby, loving Hendo's commitment and desire, captains performance. Best team won, and it could have been a lot more than 2-1.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #542: Dec 17, 2020 06:03:04 am
      Went with Jones motm, really is a joy to watch him play, great goal from Bobby, loving Hendo's commitment and desire, captains performance. Best team won, and it could have been a lot more than 2-1.
      Absolutely, mane looked good too yesterday after a long time
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #543: Dec 17, 2020 06:03:44 am
      So even with European fixtures finished for the year, we still manage to be playing Wednesday night and the early Saturday game. Bit of a joke really.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #544: Dec 17, 2020 06:53:18 am
      So even with European fixtures finished for the year, we still manage to be playing Wednesday night and the early Saturday game. Bit of a joke really.

You have to remember we started the season late so have to play more games over a shorter period and due to our league success we qualify to play in Europe,don't forget as much as we hate both the manc sides they both had an extra week off so their fixtures will be more congested than ours (but who gives F**k about them I don't).
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #545: Dec 17, 2020 07:30:49 am
      They may have been joint top before this game, but this won’t be our toughest game this season. There’s another 10 sides at least who will be scared to take us on, and play negative defensive football. There’s a few who will get battered snd a few who will give us a good game of opennsttscking football.
      Spurs for me come into the mid table category who only dare play against the lower positioned sides.
      A joy to beat this sh*t side from a sh*t club with a sh*t manager !
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #546: Dec 17, 2020 07:52:33 am
      We could have lost, simply because we faced Son and Kane who are both on fire. Other than that, we were excellent. What is worrying though is the finishing of our strikers. So many opportunities missed. They've lost a bit of this killer instinct although Salah is among the top scorers, it shows how good their standard is.

Jones was excellent, Williams showed that he can be relied upon. IMO he showed that he's not far from the level we need from a CB.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #547: Dec 17, 2020 08:09:31 am
      That game proves yet again, the gulf between Jose and Jürgen's managerial knowledge.
      He's way past his sell buy date Jose, I'm sorry but he is.

Fantastic result !!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #548: Dec 17, 2020 08:18:15 am
      That game proves yet again, the gulf between Jose and Jürgen's managerial knowledge.
      He's way past his sell buy date Jose, I'm sorry but he is.

...no need to apologise, lad....
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #549: Dec 17, 2020 08:47:46 am
      Colossal win that tonight, oh and F**k what Maureen says, whatever it was it’s simply sour grapes, he came with a plan and it failed, get over it Fuckstick, you don’t get f**k all parking yer bus @ Anfield, not when your facing a wounded animal and certainly not trying to get one over the best tactician in European football, this won’t be the last time that sour faced w**ker loses out against Jürgen, he has a good set of lads in that Spuds side, it’s such a pity he has no f***in grace, no class, and no respect for a club and a side better than his,

His tactics were  A typical Mourinho, 10 behind the ball hit them on the counter, boring and counter productive, so much so he got bit on his sanctimonious arse, his plan failed because Spuds couldn’t get the ball, they chased & chased us all f***in night and but for 3/4 chances they never really threatened, but had they set out to attack attack attack, I think we would have been in trouble, and that my pedigree chums is why Maureen and whoever he manages will never get the better of Liverpool FC & Jürgen Klopp,

There is a reason we are Champions you disrespectful Fuckpig, now F**k OFF back to Landan Maureen, I Sink your a Sour faced Kunt.

Y  N  W  A

Now don't you hold back Billy  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #550: Dec 17, 2020 08:53:47 am
      Absolutely, mane looked good too yesterday after a long time

Not sure I agree about Mane, I thought he was the worst of our three forwards.

Very good team performance yesterday, Curtis Jones just gets better and better.

My only gripe, the same as I've had for a while now, is that our final shot on goal is often very weak, we must become more clinical. I lost count of the number of shots we had straight into Lloris's hands.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #551: Dec 17, 2020 08:56:27 am
      You have to remember we started the season late so have to play more games over a shorter period and due to our league success we qualify to play in Europe,don't forget as much as we hate both the manc sides they both had an extra week off so their fixtures will be more congested than ours (but who gives f**k about them I don't).

On that note when are they going to play their catch-up fixtures?

Quick Reply