Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson Becker
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      15 (14.6%)
      Rhys Williams
      9 (8.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      9 (8.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      7 (6.8%)
      Curtis Jones
      30 (29.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      17 (16.5%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      2 (1.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      14 (13.6%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Dec 20, 2020 09:50:59 pm

Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21284 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Liverpool 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Dec 17, 2020 09:07:18 am
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #553: Dec 17, 2020 09:57:37 am
      On that note when are they going to play their catch-up fixtures?

Good question. On Jan. 4 we will play our 17th league  match. Last season we played our 20th league match on Jan. 2. At the end of January we had played 24 league games and this year wew're scheduled to have played 21.

From February to May of this season we play 5, 4, 3 and 5 games per month, the final one scheduled for Sunday, May 23. The original schedule from last season had 4, 3, 4 and 3 matches in those four months.

So looksl ike February and May are the months where the three additional matches due to the late start, and crammed in to make up the difference.  Time will tell if we have more than one Champions League tie to negotiate over that period. Same goes for the FA Cup but that seems rather unlikely given Jürgen's priorities re competitions even when we don't have this injury situation.
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #554: Dec 17, 2020 09:57:53 am
      I love the smell of justice in the morning..

Big build up, clash of the title contenders etc .. and then complete spectrum dominance in the first half with Mourinho grabbing a Mourinho goal out of such scraps the camera didn't even see it coming. They changed formation in the second half in an attempt to survive, did better, but we adapted and pasted them all over again yet couldnn't get the goal. It was almost time to pack up the moon and dismantle the sun. Then at the very last order, meaning and the very fabric of reality was preserved..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #555: Dec 17, 2020 09:59:28 am
      Good question. On Jan. 4 we will play our 17th league  match. Last season we played our 20th league match on Jan. 2. At the end of January we had played 24 league games and this year wew're scheduled to have played 21.

From February to May of this season we play 5, 4, 3 and 5 games per month, the final one scheduled for Sunday, May 23. The original schedule from last season had 4, 3, 4 and 3 matches in those four months.

So looksl ike February and May are the months where the three additional matches due to the late start, and crammed in to make up the difference.  Time will tell if we have more than one Champions League tie to negotiate over that period. Same goes for the FA Cup but that seems rather unlikely given Jürgen's priorities re competitions even when we don't have this injury situation.

I think we need to F**k the FA cup off this season, we need to focus on the League first then CL.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #556: Dec 17, 2020 10:00:38 am
      I love the smell of justice in the morning..

Big build up, clash of the title contenders etc .. and then complete spectrum dominance in the first half with Mourinho grabbing a Mourinho goal out of such scraps the camera didn't even see it coming. They changed formation in the second half in an attempt to survive, did better, but we adapted and pasted them all over again yet couldnn't get the goal. It was almost time to pack up the moon and dismantle the sun. Then at the very last order, meaning and the very fabric of reality was preserved..

Where are those last two lines from, if its you then bravo.
      liverpoolcore
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 104 posts | 10 
      Reply #557: Dec 17, 2020 10:12:20 am
      Not sure I agree about Mane, I thought he was the worst of our three forwards.

Very good team performance yesterday, Curtis Jones just gets better and better.

My only gripe, the same as I've had for a while now, is that our final shot on goal is often very weak, we must become more clinical. I lost count of the number of shots we had straight into Lloris's hands.
      Fair point, he did look indifferent but his form has been dipping for quite a while though
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #558: Dec 17, 2020 10:21:40 am
      class win. loved it.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #559: Dec 17, 2020 10:57:38 am
      I think we need to f**k the FA cup off this season, we need to focus on the League first then CL.

Correction;  i think we need to F**k the FA cup off EVERY season, we need to focus on the league EVERY season first, then CL.

Y  N  W  A
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #560: Dec 17, 2020 11:26:06 am
      Very good overall team performance apart from a couple of lapses at the back.

Spurs won't keep getting result playing like that!

Great to see Bobby on the scoresheet scoring such a late, great crucial goal.

MOM was Gini for me, after a few low-key performances he was immense, but could have given it to Fab, Hendo, Jones.

Agree with the comments about powder puff shooting; just smash the bloody thing!  If they'd put a cardboard cut-out in the middle of the goal instead of Loris, it would still have only been 2-1!!

Best part of the evening, Jose's interview; how much salt did he pour onto the chips on his shoulders the salty f###er??!!

https://youtu.be/pbIR51_J_qY

Let me taste those yummy, salty tears, Jose...
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #561: Dec 17, 2020 12:28:32 pm
      Total sh*te he is. Some of us have no reason liking him. What is wrong with us?

He can remain sh*te. Just deliver three points when we need it. Like a Divock. That’s all that matters.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #562: Dec 17, 2020 01:20:02 pm
      Ally McCoist superb again on the commentary
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #563: Dec 17, 2020 02:06:26 pm
      So, John Cross, sports reporter/writer for the D Express, gives his verdict of the game. We had 76% possession with 11 shots on target. Spurs have 2 shots on target, one of which was Sons goal. So he is the only player from either side who gets 8/10, snd he names him motm.
      FFS, from which planet does this w**ker visit us.
      Who the F**k is John Cross ?
      Is he trying to get himself noticed by writing the ridiculous.
      Bout time he got himself a proper job because his efforts at his current one are a shambles 😂😂😂😂
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #564: Dec 17, 2020 02:49:30 pm
      So, John Cross, sports reporter/writer for the D Express, gives his verdict of the game. We had 76% possession with 11 shots on target. Spurs have 2 shots on target, one of which was Sons goal. So he is the only player from either side who gets 8/10, snd he names him motm.
      FFS, from which planet does this w**ker visit us.
      Who the f**k is John Cross ?
      Is he trying to get himself noticed by writing the ridiculous.
      Bout time he got himself a proper job because his efforts at his current one are a shambles 😂😂😂😂

I didn't even notice Son apart from the goal, almost completely invisible apart from either getting the ball nicked off him or shoved off the ball.

You could possibly give one of the Spurs defenders MOTM, they were all very good last night, but certainly not Son or Kane.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #565: Dec 17, 2020 03:13:37 pm
      Just woke up, on nites.
      Was sooooooo good to win that game last night :)
      F***ing Maureen, parking the bus, 25% possession - and whinging that they deserved more.
      Pissoff dickhead.
      OK, they had some very good chances. But on the balance of PLAY, we were the better team.

So impressed by Jones, he's coming on great, composed, ball control - looking the part now, and still so young.
      Fab at the back, what a job he's doing.
      Hendo and Gini in the middle, tireless.
      And Bob - didn't have the best game imho, but man does he not stop trying - and WHAT a winner - massive 3 points against challenger.

Brilliant, top again - let's stay there.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #566: Dec 17, 2020 03:31:22 pm
      Rhys keep it up, Fabinho brilliant, Hendo and Gini superb, Jones is growing, Firmino: excellent goal.

MOTM Robertson for his sprint marathon :)
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #567: Dec 17, 2020 05:09:18 pm
      So even with European fixtures finished for the year, we still manage to be playing Wednesday night and the early Saturday game. Bit of a joke really.

How many subs did klopp make last night and how many of them going to be dropped this weekend because we going to be told they play to much football and they need a rest coz they are tired when struggling to beat palace?
      Ddecker
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 49 
      Reply #568: Dec 17, 2020 05:30:58 pm
      Every report I read about the game says Liverpool were lucky, had no control, one called the front three a shambles, and we were outplayed by spurs who were decisive and very unlucky, controlled the game etc, just wondering if I somehow watched a game from last season, because surely all these experts know what they are on about and I don’t?
      Confused
      Isaac!
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,572 posts | 325 
      Reply #569: Dec 17, 2020 05:36:56 pm
      Every report I read about the game says Liverpool were lucky, had no control, one called the front three a shambles, and we were outplayed by spurs who were decisive and very unlucky, controlled the game etc, just wondering if I somehow watched a game from last season, because surely all these experts know what they are on about and I don’t?
      Confused

Really? Read The Echo's media round up, check out the pundits across various channels on youtube. Pretty much everything favours us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #570: Dec 17, 2020 06:45:55 pm
      Confused

Go with your own eyes. Dont rely on others. What did you see last night?
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #571: Dec 17, 2020 08:11:01 pm
      Great game last night! proper shat meself though when that Bergwijn lad nearly scored twice! geez, we really kept the heat on them and deserved the win IMO.. seems like their plan was to just wear us down and hit us on the counter.

PS when are we signing Son? ;D ;D ;D ;D
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #572: Dec 17, 2020 09:21:20 pm
      Think the boss should have a word with the defence. How about leaving one man back to watch for breakaways. Seems we are always parked totally in the opponents half.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #573: Dec 18, 2020 02:28:20 am
      Mourinho crying is always music to the ears!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #574: Dec 19, 2020 01:42:38 am
      Quote from ruthcity
      They couldn’t find any infringement. :lmao:

They didn't spot Hendo getting his opponent out of his way just before the corner came in. Replays from behind the goals show the incident clearly. If it was spotted, it would be hard to argue if the goal was disallowed. However, Spurs should ask themselves why they left the near post completely free for Robby to head the ball in. You put a man on posts at corners or pay the consequences.

As regards what Mourinho said, 15 years of listening to him whinging why the world is always against him shouldnt wind people up anymore. But it still does. They had 1 shot on target and 23% possession. So the best team won. We'll face them again next month.

Now we have a chance to go 6 points clear if we win at the weekend. However long it lasts, it sends out an ominous message to everyone else.
      « Last Edit: Dec 19, 2020 06:09:04 am by lfc across the water »

Quick Reply