Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Athletic [Friendly] Sun 8th Aug @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of August and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W8 D2 L3

Yves Bissouma (Brighton)

Read 2809 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,165 posts | 3141 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Yves Bissouma (Brighton)
      Reply #25: May 15, 2021 09:26:40 am
      Our defence and attack signings have been superb, and Edwards has to take credit for that, assuming he does ID the players. It's really a bit cloudy as to who is primarily responsible for the targets. Let's go along with the Edwards theory, because I don't think there's any way in the world that Klopp wanted Kostas and Ben Davies. Edwards just bought them for him (and rightly so, we needed a backup LB, it's just Klopp prefers to use Milner).

It's midfield where it gets patchy. Edwards seems to buy players and then Klopp has to work out what to do with them. I'm guessing most of our midfield signings were what Juergen might call "a nice headache to have" in terms of how to fit them in. But we're not using Thiago properly IMO, he should be a deep lying playmaker like he was at Bayern. Gini got converted from quite a naturally attacking player into what Keita's agent provocatively called "a scavenger". Ox is never a centre mid in a million years and he doesn't seem to have a position in our system that suits him so should just be told to find another club; he'd be fine on the right side of a 4-4-2 for the likes of Southampton. Keita probably made sense at the time but has been unlucky, but now also needs moving on. That only leaves Fabinho that made sense and still kind of makes sense, although I'd prefer Thiago in his position if possible, he runs games from there, he'd be a more positive selection. Oh and if Edwards brought Milner in then that's a massive tick; what a positive presence Millie's been for us, and for £0. Future manager?

We don't need this Bissouma lad and he'd cost a mint when you can buy this type of player for peanuts if you've got decent scouts, all these players do is sit in front of the back 4 and kick people that come near them. If he's as good at it as Mascherano, who was genuine world class at it, then fair enough, £40m, but if he isn't then there'll be someone just as good as Bissouma out there playing for Basel or someone that we could pick up for 1/10th of the price. Sevilla could buy an entire team for £40m and still finish top 4.

If I were Klopp I'd go to Edwards and say listen fella, hats off to you for the defensive and attacking signings, keep up the great work, but I want more say in the midfield signings because you're not quite cutting the mustard.

It might be cos midfielder is more complex role than defending or attacking, where you're just keeping the ball out of the net, or sticking it in. Midfielders have to do both jobs, and run the game. Not sure a stats-based approach to recruitment works quite so well for midfielders. It's almost impossible to produce a stat that reflects a player's ability to be in the right position of the field at the right time and do the right thing. You need a manager's/coach's eye for that.

It's to Klopp's eternal credit that he's taken what is to a certain extent squarish pegs in roundish holes and somehow got 2 near-100 point seasons out of these midfielders. Magician. Helps when you've got the extraordinary captaincy of Jordan Henderson of course, but he's only the man and captain he is because Klopp inspired him to be, I'm sure of that. Not forgetting Millie, who I really hope will go on to be manager for us one day, if he can prove himself on the managerial ladder first.

Mate, put your console down, switch off your play station and switch on those tiny myriads of brain matter that are lurking somewhere deep inside your skull, firstly, our current skipper is 10 times better than our former skipper, then you want Thiago to play in Fabinho’s position, Yves Bissouma should never play in a Klopp side because we can get cheaper, Klopp has no f***in idea who or what is coming through the door at any given time, Gini is a scavenger, Milner should be our next manager so long as he gets some experience first, perhaps at Accrington Stanley( Who are they ?) and Oxlade Chamberlain is better suited back at St Mary’s playing right side of midfield when he will tear the EPL up,

Honestly mate, either stop smoking the dog sh*t, engage what brain you have before operating that hole in yer face or both, because quite honestly, and I’m being kind here, my 5 year old Grandson comes out with better than what you do, Godspeed fella, keep taking the happy smarties, you’re special !

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,156 posts | 2085 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #26: May 15, 2021 11:40:47 pm
      Balls to this lad

Tielemans

Gone up a few quid, but be worth it
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,839 posts | 787 
      Reply #27: May 15, 2021 11:47:52 pm
      Balls to this lad

Tielemans

Gone up a few quid, but be worth it

Bissouma is a good player will go to a top club not sure Tielemans is what we need
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,156 posts | 2085 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #28: May 16, 2021 12:05:50 am
      Bissouma is a good player will go to a top club not sure Tielemans is what we need

Not sure Bissouma is either
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,839 posts | 787 
      Reply #29: May 16, 2021 12:07:26 am

Never said he was.Said he was a good player who would go to a top side

Quick Reply