Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Yves Bissouma (Brighton)

Read 13160 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Yves Bissouma (Brighton)
      Dec 21, 2020 11:43:15 am

Liverpool will consider making a January bid for Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma in order to steal march on the Mali international’s other suitors.

The Premier League champions remain hopeful that Georginio Wijnaldum, a mainstay of their midfield in recent seasons, will sign a new contract and commit the remaining peak years of his career to the club.

But with just over six months left to run on his current deal and Barcelona still interested in signing him, Liverpool are steeling themselves for the departure of the Netherlands international and are drawing up a list of potential replacements.

Bissouma joined Brighton for just £15million from Lille two-and-a-half years ago and the Seagulls believes he has at least doubled in value since then.

The combative midfielder possess similar qualities to Wijnaldum but would add an extra level of aggression to the Liverpool engine room and would not necessarily block the path of youngster Curtis Jones who has cemented a regular first team spot this season.

According to ESPN, however, Manchester United as well as Monaco and two unnamed Spanish clubs, are also carefully monitoring Bissouma’s situation and with that in mind Liverpool could make their move when the transfer window reopens next month.

Brighton are currently in the midst of a relegation battle and would likely be reluctant sellers given they are currently in 16th position and just two points out of the drop zone.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Yves Bissouma (Brighton)
      Reply #1: Dec 21, 2020 12:07:22 pm
      I would only buy him if Wijnaldum is certain off in the Summer.

We have Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, AOC, Milner and Jones. Minamino and Firmino can play there as well.

I would focus on one good defender. However, if Klopp wants him, alright :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2: Dec 21, 2020 12:11:32 pm
      Load of bullshit, article states "But with just over six months left to run on his current deal", but he's contracted with Brighton until June 2023.

Factually incorrect fake news article.

Anyway I would much prefer to keep Gini for another few years.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #3: Dec 21, 2020 01:04:31 pm
      Load of bullshit, article states "But with just over six months left to run on his current deal", but he's contracted with Brighton until June 2023.

Factually incorrect fake news article.

Anyway I would much prefer to keep Gini for another few years.

They are talking about Gini having just over 6 months left on his deal.

But the article is still rubbish if it’s from ESPN
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #4: Dec 21, 2020 01:51:09 pm
      They are talking about Gini having just over 6 months left on his deal.

Ah yes, misread that bit, Brighton apparently want £35 million for Bissouma which I don't believe he's worth.

Just get that Gini contract done and we're sorted in midfield for the next 3/4 years. 
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: Dec 22, 2020 06:34:48 pm

The BBC are claiming the mancs are interested in the lad.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #6: Jan 30, 2021 08:21:49 am

Liverpool will consider making a January bid for Brighton midfielder Yves Bissouma in order to steal march on the Mali international’s other suitors.

The Premier League champions remain hopeful that Georginio Wijnaldum, a mainstay of their midfield in recent seasons, will sign a new contract and commit the remaining peak years of his career to the club.

But with just over six months left to run on his current deal and Barcelona still interested in signing him, Liverpool are steeling themselves for the departure of the Netherlands international and are drawing up a list of potential replacements.

Bissouma joined Brighton for just £15million from Lille two-and-a-half years ago and the Seagulls believes he has at least doubled in value since then.

The combative midfielder possess similar qualities to Wijnaldum but would add an extra level of aggression to the Liverpool engine room and would not necessarily block the path of youngster Curtis Jones who has cemented a regular first team spot this season.

According to ESPN, however, Manchester United as well as Monaco and two unnamed Spanish clubs, are also carefully monitoring Bissouma’s situation and with that in mind Liverpool could make their move when the transfer window reopens next month.

Brighton are currently in the midst of a relegation battle and would likely be reluctant sellers given they are currently in 16th position and just two points out of the drop zone.

Can he play at CB ?
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2021 04:06:52 pm
      Don't know much about this guy, but does look like Gini will be leaving in the summer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2021 04:08:01 pm
      Don't know much about this guy, but does look like Gini will be leaving in the summer.

He's good and could become very good.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Feb 01, 2021 04:15:50 pm
      He's good and could become very good.

I'm not sure we even *need* a CM though.

If we get CBs in, we'd still midfield options of Fabinho/Hendo/Thiago/Jones/Keita/AOC/Shaq.

We'll miss Gini though, Keita is injury prone, AOC's form is erratic. Some might leave in summer.

If both Gini and Keita leave, probably will need to look for that kinda player though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #10: Feb 01, 2021 06:23:37 pm
      I'm not sure we even *need* a CM though.

If we get CBs in, we'd still midfield options of Fabinho/Hendo/Thiago/Jones/Keita/AOC/Shaq.

We'll miss Gini though, Keita is injury prone, AOC's form is erratic. Some might leave in summer.

If both Gini and Keita leave, probably will need to look for that kinda player though.

I'd be surprised if we don't try to offload Naby in the Summer unless he can prove from now until June he can string 3 games together without injury which is a tall order.

We'll be in the market for at least one top CM.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #11: Feb 01, 2021 10:15:20 pm
      Brighton signed a young defensive midfielder from Ecuador, so could be the replacement fir this lad in the summer?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #12: Feb 01, 2021 10:22:15 pm
      Brighton signed a young defensive midfielder from Ecuador, so could be the replacement fir this lad in the summer?

I'd say so mate I think Bissouma is quality and £30 million should seal it for us he'll be a very good replacement for Gini.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #13: Feb 02, 2021 07:41:34 am
      I'd be surprised if we don't try to offload Naby in the Summer unless he can prove from now until June he can string 3 games together without injury which is a tall order.

We'll be in the market for at least one top CM.

Agree about Naby, but it will be hard to offload him because he's on a big contract and nobody will want to pay it. We may need to loan him out and still pay some of his wages.  :(
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #14: Feb 14, 2021 06:51:45 pm
      Thought he looked good yesterday on MOTD highlights. Well worth looking at in the summer
      rossyred

• 9,092 posts | 1632 
      Reply #15: Apr 12, 2021 10:26:07 pm
      Impressed again with this lad tonight
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #16: Apr 12, 2021 10:29:09 pm
      Impressed again with this lad tonight

Yea he's a tidy player with a good engine. Would be a decent Gini replacement although I'd prefer Gravenberch.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #17: Apr 15, 2021 08:54:10 am
      I really rate this lad. Don't know if he is a Gini replacement but more in the mould of Hendo and Fab. I'm all about hard working midfielders in this Liverpool side over players like Naby and Ox. I dont think he will be at Brighton much longer whoever buys him.

This weekend 2 players caught my eye and he was one of them and and Mathies Perreira from West Brom the other.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #18: Apr 17, 2021 10:55:12 pm
      Looks decent but would be way down the list for me personally
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #19: Apr 17, 2021 11:59:29 pm
      Meh
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,136 posts | 1192 
      Reply #20: Apr 22, 2021 06:46:37 pm
      Not sure he’s a priority. Doesn’t score or create many. Will not displace Fabinho. Isn’t quite in the same mould as Gini. I would rather stick with current midfield, get more out of what we’ve got in that department (and there’s no doubt we can), and invest elsewhere: CB and attack.
      EarnedIt6Times
      • Forum John Toshack

• 274 posts | 73 
      Reply #21: May 09, 2021 03:18:15 pm
      Nothing player, Bissouma

If we can't produce a player from our academy whose job it is just to sit in front of the back four and kick opponents that come near him then we might as well close the academy down. We could get Flanno back to do that.

Can see why we were looking at Ben White though. Absolute class on the ball. Quick too. Could have been a lot sharper on the Traoré goal though, bit of a Mo Salah fannyish sticking out the leg towards the ball with no real effort to actually block it. Obvs not getting White though if Konaté coming in.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #22: May 09, 2021 03:20:09 pm
      Nothing player, Bissouma

If we can't produce a player from our academy whose job it is just to sit in front of the back four and kick opponents that come near him then we might as well close the academy down. We could get Flanno back to do that.

Can see why we were looking at Ben White though. Absolute class on the ball. Quick too. Could have been a lot sharper on the Traoré goal though, bit of a Mo Salah fannyish sticking out the leg towards the ball with no real effort to actually block it. Obvs not getting White though if Konaté coming in.

He ain’t that bad! Other than Keita, I trust Klopp’s recruitment 100%

Quick Reply