Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v WBA?

Alisson Becker
      9 (12.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1.4%)
       Fabinho
      11 (15.1%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (5.5%)
      Andy Robertson
      25 (34.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (6.8%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      16 (21.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Rhys Williams
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: Dec 31, 2020 06:21:31 pm

Liverpool 1-1 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 23381 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Liverpool 1-1 West Bromwich Albion: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Dec 27, 2020 11:09:00 pm
      Add up points city, utd Everton spurs will be saying they threw away. Every club with ambitions of winning it has dropped points they wouldnt have expected.

Some here really need to realise we are not entitled to wins, and we as fans are not entitled to fantastic performances every week. Jesus Christ

Mate, come on, with the money spent, players on the pitch, being at home - that should have been 3 points
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #484: Dec 27, 2020 11:12:58 pm
      Add up points city, utd Everton spurs will be saying they threw away. Every club with ambitions of winning it has dropped points they wouldnt have expected.

Some here really need to realise we are not entitled to wins, and we as fans are not entitled to fantastic performances every week. Jesus Christ

We just got a point we barely deserved at home to West Brom ffs. You really think everyone will just come here and write “oh yeah that was sound?”
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #485: Dec 27, 2020 11:18:30 pm
      Mate, come on, with the money spent, players on the pitch, being at home - that should have been 3 points

No its getting a pain in the hole here. Any below perfect performance is met with moans. Any game not won leads to hysteria. How dare we be sh*te, how dare someone not roll over when were sh*te to let us bag the win

Every team has dropped points this season that before kick off they think this is 3 points....So far today is Klopp, Salah, Bobby , Gini and mostly Jones fault.

Realise that in real football sh*t happens and unexpected points get dropped. People counting up points as if they were a given and then cry about it. City dropped 2 points to wba  a week or 2 back. Its football

This team has spoilt people. And you know what that leads to
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #486: Dec 27, 2020 11:27:33 pm
      Gutted today. I was drawn out of the ballot for this one so as it was the first time since March I had been to Anfield I was really looking forward to this but it turned out to be a sh*t show in truth.

Had no complaints with the starting 11. It was the strongest we could have put out really.

So the game starts and WBA’s intentions were clear straight away. No surprise when they’re managed by that fat toaster headed tw*t. 5 at the back sitting on the edge of their box with a midfield four sitting a yard in front of them. F***ing boring sh*t football.

The game was flat. Slow. sh*t. It was just sh*t. Proper sh*t. They made it difficult for us but I thought we were really poor on the ball. No urgency about us, mostly going sideways and no creativity at all.

Sadio scored a great goal early on but I don’t remember any other chances after that. We looked out of ideas very early on. I was getting really frustrated that we weren’t pulling wide and then driving into their box running at their full backs. Instead, we would work the ball sideways at a slow pace until we passed back inside for somebody to clip it into the box and it just wasn’t working. Of course it wouldn’t work when they have three 6’3 centre halves and we have Bobby. Why not try something different? Run at them. Have a shot. Test the goalie. Did their goalie have a save to make other than the bobby header late on?

Despite being poor in possession, we were in complete control of the game. Wba had one chance all match which was just a long hoof over the top but they were never going to score unless we made a mistake. And unfortunately, we did. It was Curtis Jones who made that mistake. He very stupidly dribbled around in his own half in a dangerous area and lost the ball, which gave wba a corner who then scored from it.  That was shocking to be honest, even school boys don’t do that. I’ve just said it in his player thread but my ten year old knows better not to do that so anybody who says ‘he’s young’ or ‘we should have defended the corner’ are talking rubbish to be honest. He cost us the points today. That may sound harsh because nobody played well today but it’s still true.

Thought the whole team were crap to be honest. Surprised Sadio has got as many votes as he has in the motm poll because apart from his goal I don’t remember him in the game at all. I thought the front three and midfield three were all sh*te to be honest. I gave it to Fabinho, I thought he was our best player and Indon’t blame him for that massive lad out jumping him for their goal.

Little criticism of Klopp today too because I think he could have made changes a lot earlier when it was obvious it wasn’t working. Also think he could have managed the game a little better as we only had plan A today. There was no plan B. It was just the same thing over and over for 90 mins which wba comfortably dealt with.

We’ve dropped some points to some proper sh*te this season. Brighton, Fulham, wba and Everton. We should have a healthy lead at the top now but it is what it is. Let’s bounce back and get three points on Wednesday and start putting some real space between ourselves and the rest of the pack.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #487: Dec 28, 2020 12:10:05 am
      We need to buck up now, I think we will. We are desperate for Thiago in games like tonight's but look Spurs have drawn nobody is kicking on as yet luckily for us.
      We obviously need to concentrate on our own performances but City are the only one's I'm still concerned about, United at a push...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #488: Dec 28, 2020 06:07:20 am
      Oh well.
      I’m more annoyed with klopp there than any player.
      He has become too slow with his subs. He moans that we should have 5 subs but only makes them when players are injured or there are 2 minutes left.

Awful performance.
      And not for the first time.
      We are allowing Manchester City back into the race and that’s not a good thing.
      We should be 10 points clear now but too many below par performances are costing us.
      And salah today played like the salah at Chelsea when they sold him. Frustrating as hell.

But he doesn't have 5 subs does he? And as he keeps saying, he needs to save one of the three because of the increased risk of muscle injuries.

The stuff here about Mo. You can't be serious

Up the top of the table Reds.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #489: Dec 28, 2020 06:39:43 am

But yet wouldn't that be boring if that's how games were decided.

Stressful season this one, I just pray its not United or Everton who take advantage of it.

We have some really tough games coming up and Newcastle away will be the first one. City didn't blow them away and they'll have honed their craft at sitting in. Then saints away will be a test of a makeshift defence.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #490: Dec 28, 2020 07:24:35 am
      Another wasted opportunity!! Fuckkkkkkkk gutted!!

Kevin f**king Friend and VAR Ref Martin Atkinson, as soon as I saw that, thought we were in for a tough day at the office!!!

F**k sake, you've  lost one game out 15, 3 points clear at top of league and still F***ing moaning. I'd swap places right now.  ;D
      Fat Sam does what he's good at. All though not easy watching matches over here ( didn't watch it ) sounds like they deserved it from what I've read and listening to  all you moaning fuckers on here not happy.  ;D

Your still favourites so stop moaning  :lmao:

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #491: Dec 28, 2020 07:31:46 am
      Gutted today. I was drawn out of the ballot for this one so as it was the first time since March I had been to Anfield I was really looking forward to this but it turned out to be a sh*t show in truth.

Had no complaints with the starting 11. It was the strongest we could have put out really.

So the game starts and WBA’s intentions were clear straight away. No surprise when they’re managed by that fat toaster headed tw*t. 5 at the back sitting on the edge of their box with a midfield four sitting a yard in front of them. F***ing boring sh*t football.

The game was flat. Slow. sh*t. It was just sh*t. Proper sh*t. They made it difficult for us but I thought we were really poor on the ball. No urgency about us, mostly going sideways and no creativity at all.

Sadio scored a great goal early on but I don’t remember any other chances after that. We looked out of ideas very early on. I was getting really frustrated that we weren’t pulling wide and then driving into their box running at their full backs. Instead, we would work the ball sideways at a slow pace until we passed back inside for somebody to clip it into the box and it just wasn’t working. Of course it wouldn’t work when they have three 6’3 centre halves and we have Bobby. Why not try something different? Run at them. Have a shot. Test the goalie. Did their goalie have a save to make other than the bobby header late on?

Despite being poor in possession, we were in complete control of the game. Wba had one chance all match which was just a long hoof over the top but they were never going to score unless we made a mistake. And unfortunately, we did. It was Curtis Jones who made that mistake. He very stupidly dribbled around in his own half in a dangerous area and lost the ball, which gave wba a corner who then scored from it.  That was shocking to be honest, even school boys don’t do that. I’ve just said it in his player thread but my ten year old knows better not to do that so anybody who says ‘he’s young’ or ‘we should have defended the corner’ are talking rubbish to be honest. He cost us the points today. That may sound harsh because nobody played well today but it’s still true.

Thought the whole team were crap to be honest. Surprised Sadio has got as many votes as he has in the motm poll because apart from his goal I don’t remember him in the game at all. I thought the front three and midfield three were all sh*te to be honest. I gave it to Fabinho, I thought he was our best player and Indon’t blame him for that massive lad out jumping him for their goal.

Little criticism of Klopp today too because I think he could have made changes a lot earlier when it was obvious it wasn’t working. Also think he could have managed the game a little better as we only had plan A today. There was no plan B. It was just the same thing over and over for 90 mins which wba comfortably dealt with.

We’ve dropped some points to some proper sh*te this season. Brighton, Fulham, wba and Everton. We should have a healthy lead at the top now but it is what it is. Let’s bounce back and get three points on Wednesday and start putting some real space between ourselves and the rest of the pack.

'even schoolboys don't so that' ;D

Such nonsense. He made a mistake which lead to a corner.

I've seen far more experienced players than Jones do the very same and he'll get a talking to from JĂźrgen, learn from it and move on.

Should have won this game but you always get this frustrating game a few times a season and this time we weren't focused enough to get a win.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #492: Dec 28, 2020 08:33:34 am
      Felt like the second half when West Brom open up and push guys forward more on the counter Klopp made the wrong decision not to make more aggressive to find the second goal to kill the game instead of staying the cosre hoping to see it out. Especially in the middle where Hendo ding balls far post and passing was not his sharpest, Gini having one of those games we see time and time again where r he doesn't look like wants to break forward and Jones who was ineffective for majority of the match.

Biggest disappointment for besides dropping points was again watching Matip hobble off the pitch, such a good defender (nice pass on the Mane goal) fustrating to see it happening time and time again.

Golden opportunity wasted but nice to be back it mid week to reset and hopefully put in a much better showing.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #493: Dec 28, 2020 08:41:29 am
      Am I the only one who thought we played well in the first half? It was as dominant a 45 minutes as you will ever see, much like the first half vs Spurs. I believe we had 83% of the ball, that’s ridiculous. The 2nd half they played a little bit further up the pitch, offered more threat when they had the ball and everyone of our lads seemed to drop their level a touch. We ran out of idea offensively and I think in those situations we need Klopp to adjust the tactics. Whether that’s playing Salah through the middle and trying to get him closer to their goal or bringing on Origi and continuing to cross the ball.

But all said and done were sitting at the top despite losing VVD, Gomez, Thiago and Jota to injury. Have to be happy with that.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #494: Dec 28, 2020 09:47:27 am
      Am I the only one who thought we played well in the first half? It was as dominant a 45 minutes as you will ever see, much like the first half vs Spurs. I believe we had 83% of the ball, that’s ridiculous. The 2nd half they played a little bit further up the pitch, offered more threat when they had the ball and everyone of our lads seemed to drop their level a touch. We ran out of idea offensively and I think in those situations we need Klopp to adjust the tactics. Whether that’s playing Salah through the middle and trying to get him closer to their goal or bringing on Origi and continuing to cross the ball.

But all said and done were sitting at the top despite losing VVD, Gomez, Thiago and Jota to injury. Have to be happy with that.

Yeah I though first half we were dominant. But you could see certain players just were not at it. Salah for one.
      Second half was pitiful. Klopp should have freshened it up as soon as wba started to turn the tide.
      But yeah. How we are top with the injuries we have is astonishing and credit to the club.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #495: Dec 28, 2020 09:51:28 am
      the only difference between the spurs game and this one, was we won the Spurs game. I didn't see a lot of difference in quality between spurs & WBA, and certainly not their tactics. We have to accept that this low block (used to be called every man behind the ball) is here to stay whilst we are unbeaten at home in 3 calendar years.

We are going to fail now and again to break teams down, its life.

We are top and will be top when we play next. These players do not let us down very often, they knew they should have done more yesterday.

Champions of England and the World.

Top of the League.

rossyred

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #496: Dec 28, 2020 10:21:20 am

Might have been dominant in terms of possession but that basically means nothing with one shot on target
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #497: Dec 28, 2020 10:23:56 am
      'even schoolboys don't so that' ;D

Such nonsense. He made a mistake which lead to a corner.

I've seen far more experienced players than Jones do the very same and he'll get a talking to from JĂźrgen, learn from it and move on.

Should have won this game but you always get this frustrating game a few times a season and this time we weren't focused enough to get a win.

Yeah, you’re right, it is nonsense isn’t it?. That’s why when you watch school boy football they all dribble around on the edge of their box going nowhere dont they?  Or maybe you’re just another person who’s never played football.

Just because other players have made mistakes on a pitch before doesn't excuse jones for what he did. It was shocking. As I said you don’t find that at school boy level never mind professional premier league level. It was awful.

Can’t be arsed with the forum, it’s just full of dick heads who talk sh*te. See ya later.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #498: Dec 28, 2020 10:42:27 am
      Sooner we get Virgil back & drop Fabinho back in midfield the better...

Wound myself up that much went to bed straight after the game.. We should have taken the 3 points, frustrating to see players trying to walk the ball into the net, take some shots from outside the box, work the keeper, try something different..

Fulham & West Brom games should have been 6 points not 2..
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #499: Dec 28, 2020 10:50:10 am
      Clda shlda won.

Oh well, every point is important.

NEXT !
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #500: Dec 28, 2020 11:06:56 am
      Another wasted opportunity!! Fuckkkkkkkk gutted!!

Kevin f**king Friend and VAR Ref Martin Atkinson, as soon as I saw that, thought we were in for a tough day at the office!!!

To be honest I don't think the result had anything to do with the officials, that result was completely down to our inept performance
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #501: Dec 28, 2020 11:07:10 am

Draws like that happen, no point throwing the toys out of the pram now. We're still top because of the way this season is going, other teams around us will drop points like that too.

Need a response against Newcastle.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #502: Dec 28, 2020 11:26:34 am
      Draws like that happen, no point throwing the toys out of the pram now. We're still top because of the way this season is going, other teams around us will drop points like that too.

Need a response against Newcastle.

Exactly, and I was expecting a draw tbh.

As much we dislike big sams teams, he is now unbeaten at anfield in 4. It was on the cards.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #503: Dec 28, 2020 11:38:23 am
      Exactly, and I was expecting a draw tbh.

As much we dislike big sams teams, he is now unbeaten at anfield in 4. It was on the cards.

yes, but to be outsmarted by Sam 4 times is F***ing embarrassing, Klopp needs to develop better tactics against low blocks and here's a hint it doesn't involve sh*t floated crosses into the box! You need players driving at the defence, doing one-two's and with players backing them up in case they lose the ball. Also a few shots from distance with strikers chasing in hoping for a spilled save works as well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #504: Dec 28, 2020 11:44:48 am
      yes, but to be outsmarted by Sam 4 times is f**king embarrassing, Klopp needs to develop better tactics against low blocks and here's a hint it doesn't involve sh*t floated crosses into the box! You need players driving at the defence, doing one-two's and with players backing them up in case they lose the ball. Also a few shots from distance with strikers chasing in hoping for a spilled save works as well.

dont think he has been outsmarted, its just difficult to play against.

The players needed to be a wee bit smarter yes.

My home team motherwell tried it last week v rangers, shocking from us tbh, we got early goal then sat back for rest of game, nearly worked, but rangers got some breaks of ball in the box in last 15 mins then we crumbled, and that was it game over.

LFC never got any breaks of balls yesterday, they defended like fuk, cleared everything, goalie makes a wonder save, ref misses a few things etc. Even for theyre goal, I personally think Fabhino was fouled the guy had both his hands on his shoulders to jump higher. but nothing said, so I gues they just thought FAB wasnt strong enough, then theres the Mane foul that couldve been a penalty. Nothing went for us 2nd half at all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #505: Dec 28, 2020 11:51:30 am
      dont think he has been outsmarted, its just difficult to play against.

The players needed to be a wee bit smarter yes.

My home team motherwell tried it last week v rangers, shocking from us tbh, we got early goal then sat back for rest of game, nearly worked, but rangers got some breaks of ball in the box in last 15 mins then we crumbled, and that was it game over.

LFC never got any breaks of balls yesterday, they defended like fuk, cleared everything, goalie makes a wonder save, ref misses a few things etc. Even for theyre goal, I personally think Fabhino was fouled the guy had both his hands on his shoulders to jump higher. but nothing said, so I gues they just thought FAB wasnt strong enough, then theres the Mane foul that couldve been a penalty. Nothing went for us 2nd half at all.

I agree about the Mane foul, the defender had his arms around him, how the F**k is that legal?? was it even checked by VAR?

Klopp was outsmarted though, Sam was hoping for a draw and it worked so many times now against Klopp so he is winning, Klopp is crap at beating low blocks, its a tactical issue, you can tell the midfielders have been told not to drive forwards but to play it safe and pass and chip.

Quick Reply